Search results for query: *

1. Cyprian2

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

I'm not sure if this is a bug. While doing the renown quest for the Knights of the Radiant Cross, I completed "befriending the Noldor" by defeating the Jatu Army. I got 20 renown for the battle, and this was added to my quest renown (now 61/185).
    However, when I turned the quest in to Quigfen, the 20 renown I received was not added to my quest tally (still only 61). Is this intentional? Can I only gain quest renown through winning battles? If so, I'm surprised; the mission is already such a kick in the sack. Any clarification would be much appreciated. After 2000+ hours of warband, PoP is still my favourite mod. A masterpiece.

EDIT: I think I answered my own question. Kick in the sack, it is.
  2. Cyprian2

Post Your Custom KnightHood Order Here! :D

Ah, yes. Qualis gems ftw! I also prefer a slow and methodical game. I've never been successful at blitzkrieg in PoP, mainly because it takes so long before even mid-level enemies are no longer a threat. Knighthood orders especially take tons of time to develop, as you say. I know there is a way to tweak the game so that experience accrues faster, but I always stick with the default.
  3. Cyprian2

PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Thanks Cyprian2, that is exactly the plan.. Let me lay it out for everyone the timeline.

1. Finish my current project with another development team.
    2. Taleworlds has to complete their software development kit along with the map designer and release it.
    3. We must develop a project plan (design documents, lore documents, writing documents, art bible, coding manifesto and data dictionary) for POP.. added features, factions, artwork, banners etc.
    4. I have to obtain, install and learn C#. Then I have to learn what they did in Bannerlord and how their system works and understand if the designs from #3 can be done, or modified or dropped.
    5. I need to contact Taleworlds with a completed #3 and explore if this is a standalone product, dlc or something else.

This all has to be done before a single line of code is written, or any artwork is done or lore is implemented into the game, or music is explored and selected or voice overs (if we do them) are written, directed and implemented. Once we can code it, then we are looking at many months of work; 18 to 36 months at a wild guess before "The first" playable version is available depending on everything above. I know we all want answers, and I would love to give them to you. But I would be remiss if I set something in stone when I know very well that there are so many factors in play that it would have no real value. I refuse to commit to something if I cannot guarantee the integrity of the answer or results.

There are a few other variables that will modify this, such as the available talent pool and how that talent pool is recruited and compensated.

For those of you who are players and have never been part of an entertainment development process I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that this is not simple. This is many thousands of hours of coordinated skilled labor. The original POP in mount&Blade was two thousand hours to reach the 1.0 version. Then another four to six thousand hours in maybe 10 development cycles to reach where it is today and that only by the efforts of a top tier coder who donated his time to the conversion and to the extension into Warband and the superhuman collective effort of highly skilled folks who took a passion to this work and donated their effort and time to make this project come alive.
    Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed explanation, saxondragon. It gives one hope at least that the DLC (or other release) is a possibility, if a distant one. Given that I've not spent any time with Bannerlord, I am still more than happy to enjoy the greatness that is PoP 3.9. Every day, I find new things to appreciate in this magnificent mod -- enough to keep me busy for another 10 years! Of course, we players are the ones who've benefited from the hours upon hours of work that went into creating PoP and a repeat of this for Bannerlord is a big ask. That said, I know that there are many in the community who would gladly offer support in whatever form they can. May the tears of the dragon bless the project as it begins its long journey!
  4. Cyprian2

Post Your Custom KnightHood Order Here! :D

Thanks for sharing this in 2021, Darkwarriorj! I love the dualism of your KO design. Very unique concept and a well-developed backstory. You also did a great job maxing their respective stats. I know how much training that takes, especially for the "sergeant" units!

PS. Any tips on getting your proficiencies maxed out?
  5. Cyprian2

PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Just bringing this thread into 2021. I would happily contribute actual money to a PoP project for Bannerlord, but I'd say that waiting until the game is more stable (and additional tools are released) first would be a good idea. I'm sure there'd be no shortage of people willing to back the mod/DLC financially and/or help with development. Fingers crossed.
  6. Cyprian2

SP Medieval Aruda's Submod for Calradia 1417 (with my Personal Fixes)

Thanks, Exalted Oracle. ?The mega upload worked perfectly. I will share some impressions when I get a chance to play.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but if you meant that what i have uploaded can be played without downloading the original mod, than yes. This file contains the full mod plus a few changes I had made to make it playable (or more so than whatever I downloaded), hope this helps :smile:

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Great news!
  7. Cyprian2

SP Medieval Aruda's Submod for Calradia 1417 (with my Personal Fixes)

Thanks for your hard work in making Aruda's fantastic mod more playable. Unfortunately, I am having the same issue as the poster above. I'd really rather not pay for a mediafire premium account. A zip file, or even a torrent, would be preferable.

PS. Are your files a standalone version of the mod? It seems that would be the case...
  8. Cyprian2

SP Native Tocan's Calradia - a Native Expansion/Mod Compilation +SOURCE

I'm working with Antonis, a friend and well known modder on 2 mods I've always wanted to make, so this one is currently on hold.
    @Cyprian2
    I remember you :smile: you use still a mac?

Ha ha, yep that was me. I actually got rid of my Mac a few years ago, though I've gotta admit some of my best gaming happened on that machine. My current rig is a bit overpowered for Warband, but I'm still resisting the call to Bannerlord. (I'm sure I'll get there one of these days, lol.)

Glad to hear you've joined forces with another talented modder. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store!

Long live Warband!
  9. Cyprian2

Questions and Answers (Q&A)

Customizable troops are available in towns/castles if you build a barracks. They are available in villages if you build a manor. The custom troops in towns/castles start at lvl 20, while the troops in villages start at lvl 5.
    This is awesome and I'm having a lot of fun with these guys. I do wish there was a way to give them unique names like the knight orders in Prophesy of Pendor, rather than just "custom ____".

I am glad you are finding no problems with the game play. I have play-tested the current version for each faction and have found that there are different results with almost every game. In some games, the Khergiz do remain fairly passive until later on. In others they attack the Geroians right away and usually conquer them. I have found that the Eastern Province usually loses a city to either the Khergiz or the Sarranids. The Keltons seem the least likely to expand across all the different games.
    I'm sorry if my earlier post came off as a bit critical of the campaign layout. The more I play this lovely mod, the more I appreciate how the factions have been arranged. For example, having the Geroians and the Keltons on the "fringes" at the beginning is a neat concept. I just hope to see them expand more effectively in the future. Or maybe I'll try a new campaign...
    There is code in the game that defines at game start the disputed castles between factions. For example, in the version I am playing now, the Khergiz have a dispute with the Geroians over Asugan castle from the start of the game. This has made it more likely that both the Khergiz and Geroians are active early on. I have made a few changes so as to get each faction active early without making it so the 3 small factions get wiped out too soon or that one of the regular factions get ganged up on too much.

I applaud all of your hard work in trying to get things balanced. I was surprised at how easy it was for me to eliminate both the Geroians and the Khegiz as a vassal of the Eastern Province. I think this is down to the Khergiz (much like their future incarnation, the Khergit Khanate) being rubbish at sieges, while the Geroians are super deadly in the field (those Elite Ritters, ftw!) but less so when hemmed in by walls.

Still, it seems like the Swadians tend to lose land early, usually Dhirim, possibly because that is far from the rest of their kingdom.
    The Swadians are doing suprisingly well in my late-game. Though, of course, they still lost Dhirim.

Anyway, thank you for the feedback.
    Any time. Again, I hope it doesn't come off as too critical. I really love this mod.

A couple little things I've noticed and/or wished for:

The Initiates of Mithras are missing armour textures. Not game-breaking, but results in annoying error messages.

I wish wives could be dressed/undressed. Wait--that sounds perverted, lol. I just like being able to customize the appearance of my in-game spouse a bit. :mrgreen:

I'd really like for companions to have the ability to read books and have inventories. Is this just a Floris mod thing, or would it be compatible with your mod?

Finally, some factions that have been eliminated in my campaign (Vaegirs, Geroians) are making defensive pacts with still-living factions. Is this to be expected? I tried to root out all of the straggling vassals, and even got the "faction eliminated" message.
  10. Cyprian2

I'm a bit late to the party, but I have to say: keep up the amazing work, Tocan! I love how you've filled out Calradia's tired old map. You've chosen a great combo of sub-mods as well. Looking forward. Warband or bust!
  11. Cyprian2

Thanks for the reply, Redleg. I'm on day 300 or so of my campaign, and have not had any issues with bugs/errors. The game runs seamlessly.

Personally, I would like to see the Geroians moved out of the desert. I know your placement of them was quite intentional, being one of the "mercenary uprisings," but I feel the campaign might benefit from having them closer to the Rhodoks (who, as usual, go almost unchecked). It would also give the Khergiz more of a chance to expand, since they remain quite inactive, and could really use that extra city (Barillon). This way, the Khergiz might even fulfil their destiny of becoming the Khergits. Since the Geroians are also quite inactive in their current position, I'd love to see them going toe-to-toe with factions in the West, while the Eastern factions slowly gather momentum. That said, I have only just begun looking into how to reassign city/castle ownership (for my own personal use), so I may just continue playing with this idea without implementing anything. :razz:

Also, as much as I love the Eastern province, modelled on the Byzantines, and I assume, supposed to be the remnant of the Calradian empire, I feel that they don't really play like a crumbling empire at the moment. Indeed, their troops are so powerful that they expand with ease and never seem to be seriously threatened (at least, this has been the case in my campaign, where I am admittedly helping them out as a vassal).

Finally, I am glad to hear that you're working on the next version, and I look forward to it! I have not got to the point where customizable troops are a factor in my campaign, but I think making them available in towns and castles would be excellent. Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
  12. Cyprian2

Hi, Redleg. First off, Happy New Year! I've been enjoying 3.0 tremendously. The amount of work you've put into your mod is staggering, and everything runs smoothly! Thanks.

I do have a question: is there a way to disable the party "entertainment" requirements?

I realize that this would mean altering the character skills, which gets complicated, but I feel it's more an annoyance than anything. (It's down to personal taste, of course.) Even just the ability to toggle the morale hit that comes from lack of entertainment would be nice.
  13. Cyprian2

Awesome work, Tocan. So glad you came back to your original mod after all these years. The new map and factions look amazing. The original Tocan's mod is still my favourite "vanilla enhancement" mod, and I never imagined it could get even better. Good luck. Warband solidarity!
  14. Cyprian2

SP Fantasy The Bones of Ragnvald (Version 2.1 released!) (Now Open Source)

Thanks. It has been a great experience so far. The new scenes are breathtaking!
  15. Cyprian2

SP Fantasy The Bones of Ragnvald (Version 2.1 released!) (Now Open Source)

Loving this mod. It is utterly polished and self-contained. Clearly, a massive amount of time and effort has gone into its development.
    One question, though, and I'm sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere, but is WSE required or only optional to get the full experience? Thanks!
  16. Cyprian2

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Thanks for the reply, and for all your hard work. I'm looking forward to trying Balance Mod tonight, along with the Dark Age graphics mod.  :party:
  17. Cyprian2

SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

Hi Tingyun. This seems like the very thing I've been looking for! Sorry to ask, but does "save-game compatible" mean that I can apply the mod while in the middle of a Vanilla Reforged campaign? If so, seems almost too good to be true. Either way, mod looks fantastic. :wink:
  18. Cyprian2

SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

First I'd like to say that I love, love this mod. Yes, it sacrifices pure "historicity" in favour of gameplay. But, man, is it ever playable! Once you've hacked the face face off a Frank, or split the Skull of a Dane, you can never go back.  :twisted:

I really enjoy the way that travel is relatively quick: no more failing quests because it takes two weeks to cross the campaign map! Armors and weapons are interesting and varied enough to accommodate many play-styles, though hack n' slash + throwing weapon seems the most rewarding. In fact, since I usually avoid power-throw altogether in mods, I don't remember the last time I had so much fun skewering enemies with javelins!

Now for the problem... Many settlements are unsiegeable due to a CTD that occurs at the battle's opening. This wouldn't be so bad if the siege auto-resolve wasn't so heavily weighted against the attacker, which makes it nearly impossible for the player to take these settlements.

This mod is truly a gem. I know Antonis has expressed that he is stepping back from public releases, but I hope this issue can be addressed in a future build. A save-game compatible patch would be even better!  :cool:
  19. Cyprian2

B Medieval Rus 13th Century: Way of the Warrior

Well, I can certainly live without weapon breaking. So it's a win-win.  :lol:

Thanks a ton for bringing us this fantastic mod!

EDIT: one more quick question: Is it even possible to win the opening fight sequence, or is the player always doomed to watch his/her companions die?
  20. Cyprian2

B Medieval Rus 13th Century: Way of the Warrior

I was getting the same error. I applied the 2.3.1 patch, and I am now able to run through Steam. But... I'm wondering if this makes some features of the mod unavailable? So far it is a superb experience!

Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom