Search results for query: *

1. BerserkerRezo

General History Questions thread

Almalexia said:
    Well if you wanted Europe specifically you could have just said so. I'll leave that to someone with more expertise in the area, though the Greco-Roman colony system likely applied.
    Everything is good, I like all kinds of info on this topic  :smile:
    The Inca system is interesting considering that they were very advanced than we thought.
    If anybody has more information on this topic, I would like to know about more cultures and continents and how they dealt with this kind of thing.
  2. BerserkerRezo

Almalexia said:
    The Inca Empire would frequently use the mitma policy to move populations into depopulated/underpopulated areas to increase their productivity, or otherwise depopulate them of resisting ethnic groups to other areas and move loyal mitmaqkuna to resettle the region. Both an economic move and a political one to secure and prosper the empire.
    Kentucky James said:
    After the First Crusade there were calls by various elements of the government, the church and the intelligentsia to repopulate Jerusalem. It was a generally depopulated region anyway and the crusader states had chronic issues with soldiers returning home immediately after the war. It seems to have worked and some migrants complained that they didn't make much money in the "land of milk and honey".

But what about Europe?  I'm curious about how it happened in Europe lets say after wars before WW I.
    Thanks for the info tho!  :grin:
  3. BerserkerRezo

Were there any measures taken by certain governments like after a war or plague that would help rebuild the needed population in most depopulated regions of a country? I have heard that HRE made special laws to help the population to rebuild itself after the thirty years war, but I don't really know if i'm correct.
  4. BerserkerRezo

About Irish statehood.

Wathing this footage gave me this question, how did Ireland not become a independent republic after 1937 constitution? Was it still considered british "territory" before that? How do events go before 1949 proclamation of the Republic Of Ireland?
  5. BerserkerRezo

SP Musket Era [WFaS] English Civil War

Did cavaliers always wear those "Fancy" hats? Or did they try wearing helmets like Parliamentarians did?
  6. BerserkerRezo

I have read that the cotton industry in France had helped Napoleon economically, but continental blockade was a pretty stupid idea considering british economical strength.
  7. BerserkerRezo

Well yes it was, but how did Napoleon look on industrial development in France? Considering he needed to arm the army.
  8. BerserkerRezo

Did Napoleon's policy of arming the army with muskets, cannons and other things had a effect on early french industrialisation? Where there any special manufactures for them?
  9. BerserkerRezo

MP Musket Era Pike & Shotte (RELEASED)

This is so great! I just can't wait to get my hands on that mod :grin:
  10. BerserkerRezo

This is going to be great!
  11. BerserkerRezo

Let's hope this will become a good mod. Best of luck!
  12. BerserkerRezo

Funny historic art

Were the British really that superstitious or it was the good ol' English banter.? (About the gout)
  13. BerserkerRezo

Of course there are much more French people than just the military guys, French contribution to the world cannot be forgotten.
  14. BerserkerRezo

Who can forget men like Vauban, Turenne?
  15. BerserkerRezo

Best-dressed Warrior

Aww, the old good plug bayonet :grin:
  16. BerserkerRezo

SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

Nice to see that this mod is still being worked on.  :mrgreen:
  17. BerserkerRezo

Your welcome. :smile: Oh and one question, what was the position of Finland during the Cold War? I have heard that they were influenced by the Soviet Union after the 1947 peace treaty.
  18. BerserkerRezo

Maybe this will help.
    http://esrap.geo.uni.lodz.pl/uploads/publications/articles/v20n1/Andrzej%20RYKA%C5%81A.pdf

http://www.truelithuania.com/polish-lithuanian-commonwealth-1569-1795-256

https://books.google.lt/books?id=kzJf9HTGK2kC&pg=PA56&lpg=PA56&dq=polish+lithuanian+commonwealth+population&source=bl&ots=IxW_8VCrbO&sig=iPyplRU4yuE8TebQM-TE4EuKyJ4&hl=lt&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOp8KXuZTSAhUHiSwKHSoQA2sQ6AEIXzAM#v=onepage&q=polish%20lithuanian%20commonwealth%20population&f=false
  19. BerserkerRezo

Historic battles against the odds

AmateurHetman said:
    Battle of Orsha 1514; Polish-Lithuanian force of 35,000 vs 80,000 strong Muscovite force. 1000 Polish casualties vs muscovite losses of 15,000-40,000 within further 1000 captured.

We have achieved great victories together with Poles.
Back
Top Bottom