Search results for query: *

• Users: Mythos
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Archers don't listen to me?

For some reason my archers just don't listen to me in battles. I tell them to hold position and they just sort of slowly advance towards the enemy in a weird diagonal movement pattern, firing at them the entire time. Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it? EDIT: They...
  2. Heavy Cavalry

Is it just me, or is heavy cavalry a bit... broken in this mod? It's bad enough in Native, but it's just absurd now. I'm just getting started, and I've worked my way up to about 35 okay troops. Nothing spectacular, but not just fresh recruits. A few of them are even high-tier mercenaries. I'm a...
  3. Making battles continue when you die...

I figured I'd miss some stuff when I moved on to Warband and lost my old mods, but I'm surprised by what I miss most: the fact that battles wouldn't end when you got knocked out. It's REALLY pissing me off... I've had two villages burn to the ground because a bandit got a lucky javelin in my...
  4. Bizzare glitch with cavalry...

For some reason, at the start of every battle, about 80-90% of the cavalry in the fight (excluding mine) will all either immediately dismount, and or ride ahead about 20 feet and then dismount.
  5. I feel really stupid...

I just decided to upgrade to .582, and spent an hour making every little tweak to the files that I always do. Then I realized I accidently just reinstalled .550. Damn it...
  6. Is it possible to stop population growth?

I'm getting sick of this. Since I've got enough knight chapters to use just nobles, I never have to recruit anything anymore. Because of this, my villages are all horrendously overpopulated and all have bad health. So, two questions. First, what does health affect? And second, is it possible to...
  7. Does the escape check happen at the same time as the ransom offer check?

Just curious, because every single time I've had someone escape it was at the exact moment the other faction offers a ransom for someone.
  8. Which faith/lack thereof has the best troops?

Simple question, which ones are best at each role? Which has the best cavalry troops? Which has the best infantry?
  9. Can anyone give me some startup tips?

I'm really lost here on how I'm supposed to actually get started. I can only have 80 troops, 30 of which are going to be worthless mercenaries that can't even fight, and out of my 50 special troops 40 of them are going to be low tier and I can't upgrade them. Every castle has at least 100 men...
  10. I doubt it is, but is the patch to .582 compatible with .580 saves?

The topic says it all.
  11. A question about simpletriggers.txt...

Can anyone tell me what the line is for how much food is consumed? I just decided to try out this mod, and I'm going through the little list of tweaks I make first. Some of them could be considered cheats, but it's more convenient. It's incredibly annoying trying to keep a huge army fed (by...
  12. How long does it take for a ransom to be offered?

I just ambushed Yaroglek and threw him in my prison, so I'm just wondering how long it's going to take for them to offer some money for him.
  13. Why do Ivory Arrows suck so much?

I just got some along with an ivory bow from killing some Ivory Archers, and while the bow is good the arrows are pathetic. 16 damage? You can get tempered steel arrows that do twice as much damage and only cost 2000-3000 denars.
  14. Ummmm... is this intentional?

I just started a nord footman character, and so I got my little band of mercenaries together. I've been training them up on sea raiders, and I just got some ready to upgrade from Veteran Raider... and one of the options is Female Raider. Am I supposed to be able to give my soldiers some sort of...
  15. Morale issues...

Anyone have any tips for keeping morale high? I'm planning on striking out on my own, and so I figure I'll need a big army. There's a slight issue here... My army is effectively capped at around 90 units, because if I go much higher morale tears my army apart. What am I supposed to do?
  16. Strange annoying stuttering in fights...

For some bizzare reason I'll sometimes get ridiculous amounts of stuttering in fights. I know it's not due to amount of enemies, since reducing the amount didn't do anything, and I've gotten it in tiny fights while doing massive lord fights without any stuttering. It's not tied to any map...
  17. How do you get special units?

I've got a couple of crusaders, master crusaders, and blademasters in my group, but the only reason I've got them is because I rescued them from a bunch of mercenaries. They're really strong, so I'm wondering how you get them. Unless I missed something, none of the troop trees for the peasants...
Back
Top Bottom