Search results for query: *

1. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Ehden said:
    You could get permission from her father and sing her a lot of poems or you could dedicate a few tournies to her until you are positive and she likes you again.
    Uh, I don't think you really read what I posted. She won't talk to me, so I can't dedicate tournies to her, and I already have gotten permission from her brother(she has no listed father). There's still no option to visit her, so I can't sing poems to her.
  2. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Ehden said:
    How important is the relationship? If it is not very then go after another girl.
    It's not important, I'm more just curious whether or not it's salvageable. What you said does seem to imply that it is, though. How would I salvage it?
  3. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I somewhat spectacularly botched the courtship of a lady. I first met her at a feast and dedicated the tournament I had just won to her, boosting relationship to 4. I then professed interest, which lowered it down to 2, despite her responding somewhat positively to it. I then talked to her again, only for her to tell me that she was about to get married to some other guy. I went to duel him, of course, but that kinda pissed her off. She's at -3 now and every time I try to talk to her(on separate occasions from the first encounter) she just says that she's needed elsewhere. I even got her brother to give me permission to visit her, but there's no option to do so when I go to Janos, which is where she supposedly is. Am I completely doomed here or is there any way to salvage this?
  4. Archers don't listen to me?

For some reason my archers just don't listen to me in battles. I tell them to hold position and they just sort of slowly advance towards the enemy in a weird diagonal movement pattern, firing at them the entire time. Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can fix it? EDIT: They...
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

skullmasher said:
    Barristan Goldenhide said:
    Hi Guys!
    I'm on my first playthrough and I have a question about recruiting lords after founding pendor:
    I've read a in guide somewhere here that you should have 17+ relation with the lord (?before or after you capture him?), capture him and then talk to him when he is a prisoner.
    This worked with the first lord I captured and he joined me with his two fiefs.
    BUT when I captured my second lord with 25 relation (after capturing) he doesn't offer to join me.
    Does someone know why this happens? Any ideas how to fix this? Maybe a better persuasion skill? (not sure if it matters because the option to recruit him is missing in the dialoge box).
    If it matters my renown is a bit over 1000 and RtR is 48. Do these stats influence the lord recruitment as well?

Happened to me, too.
    AFAIK the option is connected to relationship only. Get higher relationship and he should join. Some higher value lords (of Duke-status, holder of cities) need some extra ralationship. Try 30+ and it should work.
    I don't think it's purely linked to relationship. In my game it required around that much relationship at first, but by the time I had almost killed off the Fierdsvain and they only had one castle/village left people were offering to join me who barely even liked me at all. There seems to be some element of faction strength involved in it. I may be wrong, though.
  6. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I've been working on getting my Noldor relations up to get access to their gear for my CKO. I finally got up to 75 and got access, so that's good, but the guy in Elacrai that you can talk to for information about the Noldor is still giving me the line about how he might be willing to tell me more once they know me better. Is there actually some secret information only available at even higher reputation, or is that just a glitch/placeholder line?
  7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

iskar said:
    @skullmasher: loosing fiefs DOES matter in the long run. At first you won't really notice, but after some time lords will have 50 - 100 low/mid tier troops rather than their usual 100 - 200 mid/high tier troops and they won't regain their maximum party strength but will remain on this level, unless they get a fief or are lucky enough to harvest a nice big prisoner train from Jatu/brigands/whatnot.

@shoshuro: That's not weird, that's completely normal. A faction is only eliminated when they lost all their fiefs AND parties. So just assemble a nice army or kite the Noldor lords to Torbah and put an end to that farce.

Just how long is "some time"? The crippling of the Fierdsvain in my game happened 100-150 days ago by now. They haven't been in remotely good shape for a long time. Despite that their armies are looking great. I'm pretty sure they aren't even low-tier.
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Filou said:
    Mythos said:
    oldark said:
    For that one you need 75(70?) relations with the Noldor and ask the merchant in Elcrai to teach you the secrets of forging Noldor arms and armor.
    Alright, that explains the Noldor Composite Bow, but why am I not even seeing Long Composite Bows? Does that inexplicably need the Noldor forging too? It's not even a Noldor weapon.
    Long composite bow can't be equipped on horse, so it won't be available if your knights are mounted.
    Oh, okay. I didn't know it would just leave them out. Thanks.

EDIT: Out of curiosity... is the game programmed to give dying factions absurd bonuses to try to keep them alive? The Fierdsvain, who have 12 settlements left(including villages), just declared war on me. I expected this to be an absolute joke, but I've just caught sight of their army. They have 17 lords, all but one of which have at least 100 men, and six of them have over 200 men. In addition, they've got a 258 man mercenary company at their back. Just... what the hell? They don't even have enough holdings to give every lord a single one. This shouldn't even be possible. All in all they have 3093 men. All in a single horde. I've never even seen an intact faction with that many men, how the hell do these guys have such a large army?
    EDIT2: Here's screenshots of this insanity. Hell, I wouldn't believe it if I couldn't see it...
    2014-05-08_00001.jpg

2014-05-08_00002.jpg
    EDIT3: I miscounted. It's 3494 men. Time to see if I can hold them off.
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

oldark said:
    For that one you need 75(70?) relations with the Noldor and ask the merchant in Elcrai to teach you the secrets of forging Noldor arms and armor.
    Alright, that explains the Noldor Composite Bow, but why am I not even seeing Long Composite Bows? Does that inexplicably need the Noldor forging too? It's not even a Noldor weapon.
  10. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

noosers said:
    You need to differ between merceneraries the player can hire (from your castle steward via dialogue) - those are uncapturable - and the unique heroes aka Qualis Spawn attached to the mercenary faction which are hireable by the established Pendorian Royality on top of the mercenary captains.

Shiruzah is part fo the first group, just like Kaptain Gerhard and The Freybruder, The Free Company, Sir Timothy and the Knights of the Unicorn, the 1st Banneret of Marleons, The Snow Lion Brigade, The Veccavian Renegades and many more (=11 different ones), if you fit the requirements, as this thread explains.

The QG spawns hireable by existing royals are the one listed as Adventurer Companies here
    Ahh, I see. Thank you! On an unrelated note- is there some special requirement to have the Noldor Composite Bow show up for equipping to a CKO? I've captured one of the Noldor lords and gotten them to give me their secrets and my knights have 7 power draw, but they aren't showing up. Nothing over the Melitine Horseman Bow is, not even Long Composite Bows.
  11. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

AnddyiRaynor said:
    I could be wrong about the last part cause I'm pretty sure I have to but.... *runs away*

Well he isn't listed in the wiki so I'm guessing he isn't one of the special spawns you can catch. I'd wait for noosers or someone who actually knows to answer or backup this save file your reloading and keep playing and if someone says you can catch him reload it.

**edit: Ah the guy is a mercenary I really don't think you can capture him.

But Burilgi the Usurper was helping Koningur Valdis earlier in this campaign and when I beat him down I was able to capture him. Is he a separate category of mercenary or something?
  12. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

AnddyiRaynor said:
    Is he hurt at all before you attack him? If he is let him heal and then take him hostage and never let him leave your side for his disobedience, though he may escape eventually so make him into a stuff version of himself so you can always keep him but he can't run away..... That and idk if he is one of the heroes of Pendors  :razz: you can take captive. That and if you aren't the one iniating the fight, for example another lord did you won't get him..

I've heard of the bug where if they're too injured you can't capture them, but I thought that's only if they're too injured to even join the fight, and then it won't even say they escape, they just don't even show up in the after-battle thing. And are you sure about that last part? I could've sworn I'd captured a special person in a fight started by a friendly lord before, but I might be remembering incorrectly.
  13. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Is Shiruzah of the Hallowed Arrow of the Jatu just broken or something? I've tried saving and reloading six times against this guy now, and he escapes every single time. I even tried editing the escape chance to 0% and he still gets away. It's not that he isn't showing up in the after-battle reports. It's actually giving me a message saying he escaped. What's going on?
  14. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

zykox said:
    Mythos said:
    Sorry in advance if this was addressed somewhere in sticky about CKOs- I looked over it and didn't see an answer, but I might have missed something. I'm currently a vassal of Ravenstern and I have the option to create a CKO. It says that the CKO knights will be raised from Ravenstern Knights. That's all well and good now, but I plan to eventually rebel and start my own kingdom under the Pendor culture. Will the unit type change or will it still be stuck as Ravenstern Knights, making my CKO functionally inaccessible?
    Your CKO culture will change with your faction, so don't worry. Be careful though, your precious unupgraded R_Knights will not be upgradable to your CKO, once you change to Pendor.

Oh, cool! Thanks for the information.
  15. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Sorry in advance if this was addressed somewhere in sticky about CKOs- I looked over it and didn't see an answer, but I might have missed something. I'm currently a vassal of Ravenstern and I have the option to create a CKO. It says that the CKO knights will be raised from Ravenstern Knights. That's all well and good now, but I plan to eventually rebel and start my own kingdom under the Pendor culture. Will the unit type change or will it still be stuck as Ravenstern Knights, making my CKO functionally inaccessible?
  16. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

telume said:
    Oh and lastly, does PoP have that native feature where if your game goes for too long your luck becomes zero and you get a series of unfortunate events permanently lowering your stat? What is luck anyway? How do I gain or lose it, because I recorded my luck down from like day 20-30 my luck dropped by 1 by then 200 days later the value increased instead.

I may be wrong, but judging from what the guy who sells you an elixir for a qualis gem(one of the book merchants) says, the luck-dropping and stat-lowering from age is almost certainly in the mod. He says that the elixir does a variety of things, including making you feel younger and increasing your luck.
  17. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

reticentReciter said:
    Ah, yup. Need higher renown  :grin:

Damn, alright. I guess I'll just do my best to farm up some renown. Thanks for the advice.
  18. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

reticentReciter said:
    If you can already give suggestions, you should be okay. The "follow me" command just makes them follow you and join battles if they're near. To actually get them inside a castle during sieges, get a bunch of lords to follow you, then after the battle begins tell them "the enemy is coming in force, flee in the direction of <castle under siege>". Before the battle begins they'll be too scared to approach the enemy army, but once the enemy is fighting castle defenders, the lords will have no qualms about going inside. Once inside they can't leave until the siege is over.

You can also suggest top-tier lords to siege a castle by themselves. A king, especially one backed by a merc company, can usually take a moderately defended fief with your leadership.

They're perfectly willing to go somewhere if I ask them to, but if I ask them to actually follow me they refuse, saying that it's improper and I should just follow them instead.
  19. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

reticentReciter said:
    Mythos said:
    Leonion said:
    Mythos said:
    I don't own a castle, so I can't hire a mercenary company, and as I said in the post, I did order the lords to go to the castle. They just ignore the battle going on inside of it and patrol around the castle.

Are you a king? Do you have any walled fiefs? If so, you should be able to hire mercs in your capital fief.
    As for the lords...yeah, that happens. The basic idea of M&B is that all the lords are stupid, lazy, cowardly, mean and selfish. I'd suggest that in your case they demonstrate their cowardly/stupid parts. Parhaps the enemy's army is too strong for them and they are simply afraid to join the battle. And they are too stupid to realize that in non-autocalc defense under their king's wise management the enemy will be easily repulsed.

No, I'm not a king yet. I wanted to try to get a decent number of noble troops before striking out on my own, but for that I need a castle or town, and every time I take one a dozen or so enemy lords show up to kick my ass and my faction refuses to help. I'm really hitting a wall here on what I'm supposed to do.

Get your renown higher! At around 1000 renown you'll be able to give suggestions to lords through "may I suggest a course of action?" line. Not the top tier lords whose renown is still higher than yours, but you'll be able to get some of them to follow. At 2500 renown you can give suggestions to anyone but the current marshal. That includes the faction ruler and his 300 men strong army and may be a merc company following him. I think your relation with individual lords also plays a role.

Suggestions will give you a much finer control over what your friendly AI buddies do.

Will the "follow me" suggestion actually make them cooperate? I am giving them a suggestion(the one that says something like "the enemy is attacking but they can be repulsed, go here"), but they just go to the location then ignore the battle and just patrol around the area. If so... should I just give up on managing to get a fief until my renown is that high? If so I'll just stop bothering to try to siege places and just go farm enemy lords.
  20. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Leonion said:
    Mythos said:
    I don't own a castle, so I can't hire a mercenary company, and as I said in the post, I did order the lords to go to the castle. They just ignore the battle going on inside of it and patrol around the castle.

Are you a king? Do you have any walled fiefs? If so, you should be able to hire mercs in your capital fief.
    As for the lords...yeah, that happens. The basic idea of M&B is that all the lords are stupid, lazy, cowardly, mean and selfish. I'd suggest that in your case they demonstrate their cowardly/stupid parts. Parhaps the enemy's army is too strong for them and they are simply afraid to join the battle. And they are too stupid to realize that in non-autocalc defense under their king's wise management the enemy will be easily repulsed.

No, I'm not a king yet. I wanted to try to get a decent number of noble troops before striking out on my own, but for that I need a castle or town, and every time I take one a dozen or so enemy lords show up to kick my ass and my faction refuses to help. I'm really hitting a wall here on what I'm supposed to do.
Back
Top Bottom