Search results for query: *

1. Kersimec

No Chinese Text in Multiplayer Chat

I have recently made some Chinese gaming friends, and I have been playing on a few Chinese servers. The problem I'm having is that whenever they use Chinese characters in chat, I can't see the text, it just shows up empty. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
  2. Kersimec

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Epicrules said:
    It's been a subject of much debate over the years, but Saxon has gone on record saying that it's intentional.

I've been trying to come up with ideas how it could be applied as a verb in any meaningful way in the title but it eludes me. Still, I cannot and will not argue against the intentions of its creator. Thanks for giving me the ability to let it rest.
  3. Kersimec

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

With the mod being continued it might be a good moment to finally get the misspell in the name sorted? Prophecy, rather than the verb, prophesy. It's a minor thing, but it's been nagging at me for all the years I've been playing this mod.
  4. Kersimec

Levity's Monster Lab

I like the Ogre! From what I can see you've done a really good job on the mouth and teeth. You also managed to pull off a good result on his shoulders, back and leg muscles which can be annoyingly difficult to model. Well done. One stylistic suggestion I like to give is to add a third row of abs, as in a sixpack. I think it will make his abdomen look more natural, which will divert more of the viewer's attention to his massively bulky arms and chest, which you want to be the most prominent pieces of his body. I also think that will give you an easier time rigging him later, as you will have some more control over his lower abdomen in animations at the cost of a few extra vertices :smile: .

Levity99x said:
    Thanks man, I appreciate the advice ! He's at 4k triangles at the moment and I will check for the inverted polys, what I'm worried about a lot  is how the robe will look with standard mount and blade animations like kicking haha, got any tips for me there ?

A 4000 polygon character model is fine. There isn't really a limit by the way. The only time you will have to be careful is when modelling large scene objects. I remember when I worked on Chronicles of Talera that 25k+ models were giving people problems. But it does improve in-game performance if you keep models simple so it tends to be a good practice to try and create models with less poly's as you get more experienced.

Concerning the kicking and potentially other leg-focused animations, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you look at the Native robes you will see they keep it simple and not much different from trousers or legplates. If you notice that the robe needs more "stretch" in order to rig a nice animation you can always add some vertices to the robe's front section.

guspav said:
    @Kersimec: Actually, I think they based the mind flayers off Ctulhu. They're just not gods, but incredibly dangerous D&D monsters.

Ah, I see :smile: I love roleplaying but I'm afraid I never roleplayed in a pen & paper game or a pc game set in the D&D setting! I've only roleplayed in MMO's so my knowledge on anything D&D is next to none. Thanks for informing me though!
  5. Kersimec

Levity's Monster Lab

Hello Levity!

For me it is the other way around. I am a newcomer to the forums (though I had an account many years ago) but have relatively more experience in 3D modelling, first in Blender and Wings 3D, later in 3dsMAX :smile:

I really like the rendering! The style reminds me of something Lovecraftian. Like a Cthulhu sort of thing and I think that is just the sort of creature that would fit well in the mod. I don't see any technical issues at this point, though that is hard to judge on a rendering. Just stay alert for the occasional inverted poly on the extremely flat surfaces like the top-back of the cowl that pokes out above his head, and the flaps on the side and back of his clothing, because any inverted poly's will give you a headache when applying textures later on. Apart from that, try and keep the poly count low unless it's a unique item or character that won't appear often. A job well done so far! I'm curious to see how it develops :wink:
  6. Kersimec

Suggestions

Hello! First of all, thank you for the hard work on this mod. I'm enjoying it!

I do like to suggest something though, something that has actually been suggested before, a while ago, but without much explanation (the search function made that clear :smile:). I think it would be a boon to Phantasy Calradia to implement the Freelancer mod. It is quite easy, when you know some Python script, to get the source and adjust it so that it works.

What it does is that it allows the player to join a lord as a soldier in that lord's army. Your rank is in accordance to the mod's troop tiers, starting at the bottom as a recruit. Your lord hands you the gear corresponding to that troop tier and you get the option to fight in the battles whenever the lord engages an enemy. You receive food and pay on a weekly (or monthly, I don't remember exactly) basis and these (as well as your gear) improve as you rise in rank. It also offers various minor features like desertion and getting permission for temporary leave.

The features alone should be quite convincing but for Phantasy Calradia in particular I think it has a lot of promise. Fighting as a relatively simple warrior (or mage, archer, etc.) in an army adds various new role-playing possibilities and I think it offers the player a good chance to experience the unique battle powers of various troop types like clerics and mages in a "controlled" environment (in the end the lord carries the responsibility of a battle's outcome and it is quite easy to find and rejoin your lord after a defeat) as well as to get accustomed to the different factions' pro's and cons in battles and sieges when it comes down to their units' qualities. Not to mention it is great way to get some battle experience before setting out on your own!
Back
Top Bottom