Search results for query: *

• Users: Michiko
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Michiko

How to add new random names?

So upon looking at the spcultures.xml file in the SandBoxCore\ModuleData\ folder, I found the random names list that the game uses for generated characters. However, this is what it looks like: <name name="{=aeLgc0cU}Acthon" /> What is this code-like structure before the actual name? It seems...
  2. Michiko

Resolved "Mounted Archer" Bow perk doesn't seem to work

So I got to level 100 in Bow, and selected the "Mounted Archer" perk option, which is supposed to let me use any bow on horseback. But I tried to use a longbow while mounted and my character wouldn't draw it. Are a lot of these perks actually non-functional yet? Or is it just a bug?
  3. Michiko

NPCs joining/supporting "Test Clan"

I've spotted some NPCs that are supporting a clan called "Test Clan".
  4. Michiko

Need More Info Crash if you submit a fetch quest without enough items in inventory

I got the "overpriced raw materials" quest from one of the merchants, and he was asking for 5 Iron Ore. I thought I had some, but it turns out what I had was 5 Iron. Anyway attempting to submit the quest without the items in your inventory crashes the game. I tried it multiple times, always the...
  5. Michiko

Some Weapon Bugs/Suggestions

Here's a list of some weapons that have buggy settings that I've noticed so far: War Mace (faradon_mace) War Club (faradon_club) Iron War Club (faradon_iron_club) - Has thrust attacks but no assigned thrust damage. Poleaxe (poleaxe) Polehammer (polehammer) Staff (staff) Quarter Staff...
  6. Michiko

[Bug] Custom divisions reset whenever reloading a save

I'm finally playing Silverstag lol. I've been recommending it for years even though I haven't played it since like version 0.11 or something, but I'm back and I noticed something weird. I like to play tactics a lot so I make use of as many of the divisions as possible depending on my army...
  7. Michiko

Politics! Discussions, tips and tricks, etc.!

Of course we're only discussing politics in Floris (not IRL politics lol). Floris uses Diplomacy as a base, and has its own few changes to that. Over the years I've learned a lot about playing politics and I thought I'd share some of my findings. Feel free to add to the knowledge so people...
  8. Michiko

How to Do Scripted Desertions (Discouraging Faction Mixing)

Hi. I'm making a mod where the troop trees are supposed to be imbalanced with very limited "elite" type troops available. I want to discourage the player from collecting all the strongest troops from every faction in favor of sticking to one faction plus mercs. Here's a sample scenario: 1...
  9. Michiko

Actual Shield Measurements

Can somebody help me figure out shield measurements? I measured some round shields in OpenBRF, which tells me with its ruler that the shield is about 50 units of width across. So I put a value of shield_width(50) in the item's properties, build and test in game and it seems to be incorrect. My...
  10. Michiko

Sultan Hakim is naked

I started a new game just now, started off in Sarranids. I go into the castle (cheated my renown for testing purposes) and Sultan Hakim is naked. Well, as naked as Warband gets anyway. He has no armor or crown on his head. Latest version (downloaded this just today), WSE launcher, etc.
  11. Michiko

[Submod - WIP] Tactical Troop Trees

Project is ON HOLD for the time being. Busy schedule is busy. :( UPDATED: February 08, 2014 Read this post for more info on changes and current features and functions!  Intro Notes: All features and stuff that have a [WIP] (Work In Progress) tag on them are either not fully working or not yet...
  12. Michiko

Making a new complete troop tree set

Hey guys. I like the MTT system, and I wanted to make my own unique troop tree so that I don't have to touch the original troop trees and just make my edits to the new troops. I need some help and pointers on what I need to do in order to make my troop tree playable. Basically the difference...
  13. Michiko

Politics Discussion

Let's start a discussion about politics. There's a lot of changes that Diplomacy adds, and Floris added a bunch of other things. But not just that, there's also varying ideas on how to run a kingdom, economy, and dealing with other things like managing your vassals, foreign relations, etc. So...
  14. Michiko

H.T.'s Archery Tweaks

Hey guys. Following some discussion on archery, I decided to take a crack at rebalancing archery a little bit. This is to make archery just a little more realistic. It looks great with the custom animations Floris comes packaged with. A list of changes and benefits below. First, a short demo...
  15. Michiko

Help with Party Limit Script

Okay I found the part of the module_scripts that defines what the party companion limits are. This is from Floris version 2.53. Not sure if this is different from Native, but it shouldn't matter because my question isn't mod-specific. But I'm having trouble with programming logic. What I want...
  16. Michiko

Debug/Cheat Mode - Give Faction to Claimant

Hey guys. I'm testing some things for a mod I'm doing and I need to know how to add a debug option to give a faction to the respective claimant (and exile the old king to avoid bugs as well). I already know how to make the cheatmenu option show up but I'm not sure how to write the script itself...
  17. Michiko

Help with Modding Please - Custom troops for player faction

Hey. I'm still having trouble understanding the module system, especially Floris's. I just need help finding where in the module system I can edit the Player's kingdom so that the soldiers are all new troops. I don't want to change the villages and towns and whatnot. Just the soldiers so they...
  18. Michiko

Friggen Nords! D:

Okay. I was at first not scared of the Nords. Weak archer and no cavalry? Piece of cake, I thought. I was wrong, of course. Most of my campaigns so far have been in the south and central regions of Calradia. I've mastered the art of fighting against and using Sarranid, Swadian, Khergit and...
  19. Michiko

Made a new troop, and now I have some minor problems...

Hey guys. I made a new troop for use in my game. The troop uses guns (the ones that came with Native but modified a little for balance) and is basically a for-fun troop. I want to know how to make the game recognize them as ranged attackers. Because if I put them in their own division of pure...
  20. Michiko

Which files do I edit?

Which files do I need to edit to change the whole intro stuff? I wanna know everything from the character creation choices to the opening instance after you make your character. I want to start right in the world map without an intro quest. Also, I want to clean out all the troops, parties and...
Back
Top Bottom