Search results for query: *

1. stephan_dinavoa

Increasing battle realism with the editor

It isnt a mod
    The items seen on screenshots come from a variety of mods, some of them being modified..  Mods like 1257AD, Battle of Europe, and the CWE OSP Pack

-

How could I make the text code more helpful?  I dont script, I scene, so I share what I can, what I know..  It takes 5 seconds to place the dust effect during a scene..
  2. stephan_dinavoa

Increasing battle realism with the editor

Two simple actions that can be performed live during a fighting scene using the editor in order to increase realism 1) Battle dust 2) Weapons scattered & stuck Below some screenshots for ideas Battle dust Add the following line in the file <scene_props> in order to be able to use the smoke...
  3. stephan_dinavoa

Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Overly fond of Rivacheg... so good

Amazing scenes

Keep up da gud work
  4. stephan_dinavoa

Native OSP Scenes 25 Calrade castles and fortresses

Hey Dirk Robbing

These props, just like the textures, are not shared because they are not OSP, as you have noted

They were included in the credits so that they could be found and implemented for personal use

5. stephan_dinavoa

Native OSP Scenes 33 new Calrade castles & fortresses (updated)

Of course, here 77% WIP:

xqi0sw.jpg
    23u4f91.jpg
    14xc5sg.jpg
    123tpxi.jpg
    10cl0k0.jpg
    addc0o.jpg
    2jccvpd.jpg
    2h4g47c.jpg
    4iou1j.jpg
    2wnzql5.jpg
  6. stephan_dinavoa

[Scene editor] AI Mesh RGL error.

This happened to me several times on the heaviest scenes or on those where there were truly too many vertices, like in scenes with mountains etc..

I went around the problem by

1) Reducing all graphics, details, grass etc , to the minimum.
    2) When pressing the button <Edit AI mesh> pointing the camera to a part of the scene where the are very few or no objects/plants, and as minimum as vertices are possible  (usually pointing from a corner and towards the exterior)
    3) Selecting meshes and from there growing A LITTLE BIT, then deleting, saving, then again going back to that angle, again selecting a few meshes and deleting, etc etc. It might take 5 minutes to delete meshes where they are not needed and which cause the scene to have many of them. If many meshes are selected at once, that too in some instances causes CTD's, so deleting them by groups of 20 usually is ok.

Hope that helps

7. stephan_dinavoa

The terrain codes are the original ones of the castles scenes where the scenes were built upon. The code was not changed..

Maybe I don't get it..
  8. stephan_dinavoa

Terrain code?

From what I understand, this is not required for castle_scenes, only for multiplayer_scenes..
  9. stephan_dinavoa

This is pack III of the "Calrade castles & fortresses" series It contains 25 new castle-fortresses that replace native castle scenes All scenes have AI meshes adapted Because this is like a study of medieval fortifications, exploring the potential of the Warband scene editor, more focus was...
  10. stephan_dinavoa

SOLVED: how to determine start position in battles

If my recall is correct, there are four spawn points for random battles, 2 for each side; Try the spawn points 0, 1, 4 & 7.. but I am not sure

Anyway, you can find and look at the correct spawn points at the line "mst_lead_charge lead_charge" in the file <mission templates>

There you can even add more spawns for each side, as well as change the number of spawning soldiers per spawn..

Enjoy the editing..
  11. stephan_dinavoa

Late reply, sorry.. wasn't around for a while..

So, for a step-by-step explanation for adding a scene into native, just the way it appears in the screenshots, here's how:

Depending on what exactly you wish to implement, it may be more or less complicated. If for instance you just want to "play" a specific scene, then you would need to take this scene's .sco file, for example "scn_castle_28_exterior.sco"  and then put it in the <SceneObj> folder, which will result in a replacement of the native/original .sco of the same scene. Then simply go to the corresponding scene's casle. For each scene there is an indication of its location or scene.
    For example if you wish to implement the scene "Large fortress Dekriam" then take the file scn_castle_16_exterior.sco that is inside the folder, put it in <SceneObj> of your game, then go the scene "Almerra."

It gets a little bit more complicated if you wish to enjoy the scenes exactly as they are shown on the screenshots, because many new objects/props are used in their fabrication.

You'd need to implement the many new scenes props which were edited, and these are all shared with the pack. Additionally, you'd need to download a few OSP's that are available from this website. The used OSP's are indicated in the file "List of the non-native props used in pack 1 & in pack 2"

To implement resources (which contain the scene props), you would need to take the files from the folder "inside used decorative props" and then put them in the folder "Resource" of your game. And for each of the resource, you would have to copy its name into the module file. Open the modul.ini file, then at the near end add new lines starting with <load_mod_resource = __and here write the name of the resource___>  resulting in:

load_mod_resource: editor_rhodok_retex
    load_mod_resource: editor_platform
    load_mod_resource: editor_timber_props
    etc etc

Again, this should be at the near end of the file, not at the very end, thus somewhere right before <works_with_version_min  = 1000>.

The next step is to open these resource files with OpenBrf. If you don't possess this application, I invite you to download it on the internet. It will allow you to see which props/objects are used.
    Once you can display that, you'd have to copy each of the prop's mesh names into the text file <scene_props> of your game.
    For example, if you open the resource <editor_supply_horses> with OpenBrf, sseveral meshes will be displayed. You would not have to copy the meshes bearing the indications .1 or .2 etc, or .lod1 or .lod2 etc
    So, to continue with this example, copy the mesh name of the first object "supply_horse_aa" then go into <scene_props>, at the end of this file create a new line just similar to those before, to end up with:
    spr_supply_horse_aa 0 0 supply_horse_aa 0 0
    spr_supply_horse_ab 0 0 supply_horse_ab 0 0
    etc etc  (making sure they are spaced accordingly, just like the lines before)
    It is a long process, and you must count the number of objects & lines that you added, coz you'd need to add this value at the top of the file <scene_props> like this:
    top of the file prio to modifications:
    scene_propsfile version 1

top of the file after 110 objects/lines were added:

You will notice that some resource files have not only meshes but also "collision", for example the resource "editor_stone_square", in order to implement it accordingly (not just the mesh, but also the collision), you have to add the name of the collision into the line that goes into <scene_props>, like this:
    spr_stone_square 0 0 stone_square bo_stone_square 0          (notice that it is usually the same name of the mesh, but preceeded by BO_, and it gives in stead of the before-last "0" in the line

There is a specific way to implement these objects so that they appear exactly as in the scene, no matter in which order they are put inside the text file <scene_props>. Some modders know how to do it, I unfortunately don't. I hope somebody will help us with this..

Implementing all objects may be unnecessary time-consuming; You may focus on implementing the most important props (like the fortifications), as for the small decorative objects, they are not prioritary, unless you are fond of details. Anyway, you can fill the missing gaps yourself, as editing scenes is not complicated, and fun.

On the forums of taleworlds it is possible to find all the necessary tutorials for any type of modding operation, as well as for scening.

Should you have more questions, or if something is not clear, hesitate not to ask and I'll reply asap
  12. stephan_dinavoa

Nordous' Sceners Guild

Dragos, me likes those scenes of yours

The last two are worth conquering
  13. stephan_dinavoa

Nordous' Sceners Guild

Thank you lads for the suggestion of the tool. Your attempt to help me is much appreciated.
    The tool is a fine one, but it didn't help me in this case, more's the pitty. Various modifications were attempted, size modifications particularly.. They were observable, I loved the results, but they didn't remain, as at each reloading of the scene, past those scene size boundaries, it was all reinitialized - ground heights & ground textures.
    But at least I seem to have gotten rid of the CTD.. As a consequence, I believe I will be able to complete the scene. A cause for rejoicing!
  14. stephan_dinavoa

Nordous' Sceners Guild

I suppose it means that it will remain a ghost city, like deserted after a plague, empty, only for the walls to remain standing..

I did not have CTD's since I temporarely removed the few props that went beyong the border, like the roofless f towers. Now it is fine..

Also, apparently the maximum prop size is 2170. Beyond, I get a CTD upon entering any scene or going to any conversation menu..
  15. stephan_dinavoa

Nordous' Sceners Guild

I don't know what is the particularity of the collision objects.

In any case, for certain it aint a CPU crash. I have this issue with much smaller scenes for instance. I get a CTD when I go at certain areas of the map, or when I orient the camera in a certain direction (towars the nothern edges, or from the northern edges to anywhere else)
  16. stephan_dinavoa

Nordous' Sceners Guild

I was preety sure I started it from scratch but as you write it sure looks like I've edited the size of the scene.. How to go over the issue? Do you know how to change the size of a scene, in this case scn_castle_23_exterior ?

As for the crashes it is not due to the number of props at all, nor because of the limitations of my PC. The same happens to different PC's I tried.. It's some of the angles of orientation which cause it.. But why, and how to go over it.. this I would like to know.
  17. stephan_dinavoa

Nordous' Sceners Guild

The town scenes by The Bowman inspired me to continue working on a city that I begun last summer but which I wasn't motivated to further work on as it kept crashing to the desktop... I somehow managed to edit it more nowadays, but now I cannot edit much further as I keep getting too many CTD's..

So here is it's 77% WIP preview:

xqi0sw.jpg
    23u4f91.jpg
    14xc5sg.jpg
    123tpxi.jpg
    10cl0k0.jpg
    addc0o.jpg
    2jccvpd.jpg
    2h4g47c.jpg
    4iou1j.jpg
    2wnzql5.jpg

Tis a pitty that I will never be able to finish the scene as I get a CTD if I orient my camera in certain directions, or if I edit it from low height.. so I can only edit the scene from very high above without pointing to any side, or by editing it on a different scene and each time coming back to the original scene, but even with these tricks, there are areas of the map where I cannot approach else I will immediately CTD. It is likely coz the scene goes beyond the map limit that I have been having these very annoying CTD's.. I am not sure. Would you know?

Anyone has solutions to this? Perhaps enlarging the map size of the given scene [Tevarin]? Would I need the module to do it, or text edit is fine?

Same for the problem of the scene reinitializing the ground height & texture & colour at edges at each new loading (as seen on the right and the bottom corners) .. How to deal with it?

Thank you in advance for your potential help.. I need it, in order to be able to finish this scene and several more..
  18. stephan_dinavoa

Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Fabulous scenes. I am very fond of them.

Looking forward to seeing Swadian towns.. I see the fine potential.

You're so right about this annoying limitation: "It's really "interesting" on how mountain painting works in Mount&Blade. Basically, you first have to place some jagged rocky textures that you have to correct by overlaying the edges with other textures, which take time to correct"
  19. stephan_dinavoa

Super PW Mod Map ( free )

The personally built cart is exelent!!

Bcokp96.jpg
  20. stephan_dinavoa

What type of updates would you expect or like to see? Those that I had in mind were simply the AI-meshing of scenes, as well as creating siege or attack scenes for some of them. But this has not been prioritary unfortunately, as all the focus went on a new OSP pack, which answers your second question. Anyway, this new one is overall much better and all scenes are AI-meshed, plus, I will include a lot of personalized vanilla props which may enable sceners to potentially enrich their scenes.
    I would be content to put it online within a month, but it may take me an additional month to complete.. I just wanna do it well, it's going to be my last one
Back
Top Bottom