Search results for query: *

1. SP - UI [Suggestion] Cursor sensitive Encyclopedia

Sorry if "cursor sensitive" is the wrong game dev term. Suggestion: On the worldmap, if the player hovers with the cursor over Settlements or Units and then presses 'N' this could bring up the Encyclopedia site of the target. As a keyboard junkie this would be even faster than a right click menu.
  2. SP - Quests [Suggestion] Pause Conspiracy

I'm 50 hours into a save and at 1800 conspiracy strength. I don't want to get wracked and I don't want to conquer the map, I rather want to maintain good balance between factions, which works out great. For me this is the most fun way to play the game with nobody dominating. Request Please add...
  3. During the war, soldiers aren't running. They're just walking.

For me this only happens when I order Shieldwall (F3 - F2) which sometimes makes soldiers walk around casually without even shields up and if I switch to another formation they start running again.
  4. SP - General Combat AI nerfed!

In addition it would be great if the AI had some kind of imperfection in its blocking behaviour. Instead of increasing the difficulty by simply increasing the blocking rate, it would feel more human if it randomly blocks in the wrong direction, giving the player/other NPCs new opportunities to land hits. Would make more sense than a soldier not even trying to block at all.
  5. SP - General Combat AI nerfed!

Absolutely. I suggest making this kind of tough combat from before 1.1 the default for "Challenging" AI. It was by far the best M&B combat experience I had, because combatants seemed they would block as if their lifes (or a big price) depended on it, which was very immersive in my opinion.
  6. Beta Branch e1.1.0

AI on "Challenging" is so easy it's not fun. I don't know if it counts as a bug or simply WIP, but right now NPCs are blocking may be one of four swings. 10 Tournaments won, 1 lost, that says it all. Also inactive mounted spear wielder clumps are still way to common.

Other than that, great update!
  7. [Suggestion] Transfer certain game values from old Savegame to new Savegame after update

Thanks for your input, guys! But I think I'll rather switch to a version on steam beta tab that works well and keep on playing until there is an update with indispensable improvements. I also believe that savegames can be played despite the "different modules" warning, but there's a chance that something (not immediately noticable) breaks.
  8. [Suggestion] Transfer certain game values from old Savegame to new Savegame after update

...but you do know that all the patches so far have been savegame-compatible, right?
    What, really?? My google searches yielded a lot of complaints about crashes when loading old saves into a newer game and the Devs said they will try to assure savegame compatibility but it might not always be possible. Is there a statement I have missed that says they are indeed compatible? That would be great!
  9. [Suggestion] Transfer certain game values from old Savegame to new Savegame after update

Here ya go...
    Thanks but this is really a suggestion for the devs to integrate some kind of import function for character stats or whatever progression might be possible to transfer. Besides that the Mod you linked seems pretty bugged.
  10. [Suggestion] Transfer certain game values from old Savegame to new Savegame after update

I really appreciate the frequent updates and understand why starting over after each update might be necessary, but it would be great if there would be anything persistent across the many, many abandoned campaigns. May be at least character stats which might only require transferring values...
  11. Frequently Asked Questions

There is no hero in it. I got two heroes in my party. Can't even give them to settlement, but that ain't a problem though. Furthermore I decided to keep my settlement clean of prisoners, because I thought they would raise corruption.
    Negative. :sad:
  12. Frequently Asked Questions

wickedshot said:
    Staying near your settlement keeps corruption down.
    Getting a steward for your settlement lowers corruption.
    Killing bandits lowers corruption
    Patrolling your settlement (riding around the scene) lowers corruption.
    Spending time inside your castle lowers corruption.
    Thanks wicked.
    but in the version before, the only thing I had to do, was staying in the settlement (on worldmap). It completely stopped corruption from growing.
    And now after having the new version installed, it seems to be impossible to influence corruption anymore.
    It constantly increases by 1 every two or three days. The only thing I can do (as you and the others already mentioned), is decreasing it afterwards by beating up my villagers or patrolling around the scenes, waiting 5 - 30 minutes for 1 - 2 bandit/s to show up in order to eliminate them and decrease corruption that way. It truly gets anoying after a time.
    Staying near or in the settlement on worldmap, doesn't have any noticeable effect on corruption growth. (At least in case of dartmoor.)
    Well, I guess I simply have to get used to it.
    However. This mod rules. :wink:
  13. Frequently Asked Questions

Hi. :smile:
    Short question:
    Is it possible to avoid/slow down corruption increase somehow?
  14. 0.66 Bug Report Thread

Error-Message_2.jpg

Don't know, if it is something to make a song about.
  15. 0.653 Bug Thread

@ saterius, weird i never had that. maybe its because you got more then 15 trade routes? but i don't think that should be the problem.. i got no clue, maybe wicked got an answer, hope he comes online soon tho.
    How many trade-routes does one settlement give to another settlement? 1? That would mean Emptuc owns 4 routes.
    Anyway, it ain't such a bad bug. As long as it doesn't interrupt the perfect gameflow. :wink:

And my update wouldn't fix that, my update is just a little scenery update ( chests, weaponsmith fix etc)
    I know. Just wanted to give as many informations as possible. :smile:
  16. 0.653 Bug Thread

Error-Message.jpg

I'm playing the latest Version of CS, including Pvt88's settlement 25 Emptuc (without the new update he released today).
    - I added Pvt88's Emptuc and only then I started a new game

Well Wickedshot, here are some informations about what I did ingame (hope it helps to solve the problem):

- First I claimed Emptuc, then I went to Custow immediately, to organize my first caravan. After that I made some peasants join my "kingdom", went back to Emptuc and waited a couple of months to get enough resources to upgrade my camp to a village.
    - As soon as I upgraded the camp (approximately October 21, 1257), I visited all the other e1m0-villages to organize more caravans (exactly in this order): Kargala, Sturnhill and Wodengard.
    - A few calradian hours after I visited Wodengard (November 16, 1257) the error-message popped up.
    - Up to now, I did not cheat and I didn't fight anyone & vice versa (Except for some half-naked looters and thiefs.)

May be Emtic, Emptec and Emptai are not supposed to get to the next economic-level, so they wouldn't be able to send caravans to Custow. I'm not sure about that.
    I'll make a gamesave and keep it untouched, just in case u need some more information about the ingame-scenes.

However. Hopefully these informations aren't completely useless. :wink:
  17. Settlement Scene Making Guide

@jacob25
    Great news!  :grin:

@Pvt88
    Thanks for the hint.  :smile:
    Another Q: Will Emptuc stay at the same construction level, when applying your update to the settlements-folder?
    Because I always start a new game, after adding a new CS-Update. Otherwise, I'd be afraid of that it would affect my savegame in a negative way.

Pvt88 said:
    Edit: soon, when wicked releases some new empty settlements with some new weird terrain's i'll go make a new settlement :smile: (or can i already make my own terrain's :razz:?)
    Tho i'd like to know how to make some rivers, or is it just lowering the ground? and thats all?
    Just a quote, to keep your question alive. :wink:
  18. Settlement Scene Making Guide

Pvt88 said:
    xD nice one saterius :razz:, you gonna post screens when your upgrading to manor or village :razz:?
    Yes, as a matter of course!  :smile:
    Problem is: As soon as I leave Emptuc for about 2 minutes, the peasants take over the place.  :sad:
    Is there a certain way to avoid that? Can't move out to collect travelling peseants. So growth climbs upwards in a damn creeping manner. 
  19. Settlement Scene Making Guide

Liquidninja said:
    @ Pvt88, I think Saterius means that he has already downloaded your file and is playing it :wink: Not so much that he is making an adaptation off your scenes :grin:
    That's right. I guess I wouldn't be able to edit a single scene using the M&B scene-editor, because
    I'm afraid of such complex programs. Furthermore I doubt that my hardware could handle it.  :sad:

Pvt88 said:
    ah oke :razz: it can lead to 2 things or he uses it, he may :wink: or hes the lord :grin: just he needs to say it :razz:
    Sorry for this confusing comment. Download = copy of your file (town).  :wink:

Anyway have fun with it saterius :smile:
    Yeah, i will.  :grin:

Me and my lady had a close look at the new e0m0-Emptuc instantly. :wink:

UnbenanntC.jpg

Unoccupied settlement sighted! A lonely peasant woman and my Lady Ada. They're looking forward to build up a metropolis at this place.

UnbenanntB.jpg

Do you recognize the expression of happiness in her face? No? Well, I do. She likes this place for sure. :smile:

UnbenanntA.jpg

It only sniffed at it, but ate nothing at all. Strange... :???:

UnbenanntD.jpg

The horse decided to sleep on the left strawmat. Stolid mammal! :mad:

@jacob25 & Liquidninja
    Can't wait to see these locations ingame! :grin:

Happy vacation, ninja! :smile:
  20. Settlement Scene Making Guide

jacob25 said:
    ok, i followed ur advice and checked out the seige ladder project. i read it, it explained every thing!
    thanks saterius :grin:

Seriously? Great! No more underwater-slaves and -guards, hehe.
    You know, I'm really excited about how it will feel like to encounter enemies at this place, because there are many bridges and ramps to cross. :smile:

@Pvt88
    Your town belongs to me now! :twisted:
    At least a copy of it.
Back
Top Bottom