Search results for query: *

1. MarchHare

The Mead Hall

Oh, that sounds nice. I will try to get a hold of it if possible.

2. MarchHare

The Mead Hall

What is Skyr? Some kind of yogurt or something? I'm not german nor icelander, so I don't have the lucky chance of buying it.
  3. MarchHare

The Mead Hall

Who's the author? Without a name, it's gonna be hard to get the book, especially with such a generic title.
  4. MarchHare

SP Dark Ages The Sword And The Axe

I think it's cool that the mod distances itself from the "usual" Viking Age period. I mean, most Viking age games or mods are set around the invasion of the Great Heathen Army, and it's starting to get pretty old. 805 is somewhat new, and might be interesting to see a world where the norsemen aren't as "organized" as they were in 865.

Alas, it's far from my desired time period, but I won't give up my hopes of someone developing a mod set around the Fall of the WRE.
  5. MarchHare

Antonis said:
    I don't have any info about:

-Bulgarians
    -Great Moravia
    -The Abbasids
    -The Berber tribes
    -The Emirate of Cordoba
    -Asturias

All those, between others will be in the mod, but if someone was willing tto do some research, mainly to save time, while providing info, I'll be grateful. If you like, contact me via PM, sa that we don't clatter the thread. Thanks!  :smile:

Great Moravia and Bulgaria, I don't know if I can help, but I may be able to help with the Emirate of Cordoba, Asturias and maaaybe (a very, very big maybe) the Abbasids. What with being a History student, and a spaniard to boot.

I may need some time (maybe a few weeks, maybe one or two months), but I can definitely get something about them in some of my books (Cambridge Medieval History and History of Islam, Routledge's The Viking World, and a lot of Ospreys) and magazines (to be precise, Desperta Ferro nº 7, about Al-Andalus and a small article about Spain in the Viking age in the nº 26, about Vikings -duh-).

Problem is, being Summer, I'm away from my College's library, and said Library is closed for the most part of July and the entirety of August, so a lot of valuable information will be left behind unless I can make some research in September and October.

But hey, if you're willing to wait, I can make do.
  6. MarchHare

Antonis said:
    Sverd it is, then. Thanks, both of you, guys! I will see what can be done for special characters. I don't own Viking Conquest, so I don't know if they use there special characters. If yes, that means they can be used and I will do so. Any info on that?

Viking Conquest I dunno, but I would suggest downloading Vikingr, a MP mod that I'm very fond of. I think they use special characters for classes and maybe weapons, but I know they use the term Norðmenn in the mod, so at least, it's something.
  7. MarchHare

Antonis said:
    Of course, old. The only things I cannot put are the `, umlauts and such symbols, I don't know if there's a fnot in Mount and Blade that would accept them.  :smile:

That might have to do with the Warband restriction on special characters. I don't know how to get around that, not being a modder and whatnot, but surely any developer from the others Viking era mods can help you with it.
  8. MarchHare

Antonis said:
    I know, thanks. To be honest, I haven't completely decided what to do with some shared items. For example, besides the general axes and scythes and stuff, for which I use the english term for convenience, since all factions use those, items that are shared between two+ factions trouble me. Fore example, the Petersen line swords, the ones most know as 'Viking' swords were used by all Scandinavians and Danes, I believe. So, how should I translate the word 'sword'? In Norwegian, Dannish, Swedish?

Old Norse?
  9. MarchHare

SKJALDBORG – The Final Víkingr Shieldwall Event (In the past)

Welp, I have a compromise today, so I might not make it. But sure as hell I'm gonna try.
  10. MarchHare

My segmentata

matmohair1 said:
    Thismoduletho said:
    maybe like a little extra gear or something like the samurai armor for mnb?
      :iamamoron: in this mod's time frame... this is how
    Japanese warriors would look like if ever included

Qxx9jS1.jpg

He, I'm down for that. Who must I pay/bribe to get it?

I remember someone mentioning a mod about nepalese tribes. Can we do a crossover?
  11. MarchHare

The Mead Hall

fysaga said:
    Havent started reading but look what Ive got myself:

http://www.amazon.de/The-New-Cambridge-Medieval-History/dp/0521364477

Cant take pictures with my mobile phone, so an amazon link has to suffice.

Nice. I really like Cambridge Histories. Do you have that volume only or the entire thing?

Coincidentally, I'm now reading chapters 9 and 10 of the first volume (The Celtic kingdoms and The earliest Anglo-Saxon kingdoms, respectively). Really entertaining. Helps me with my insane craving for Late Roman/Arthurian (as in, Romano-British) Britain stuff.

Seriously, I would consider learning how to mod just to make something about that time period.
  12. MarchHare

PREVIOUS EVENT: Val de Saire (May 17th)

ThegnAnsgar said:
    Great fun fighting with the public host, you guys were awesome. Shout out to Serle for leading us, unfortunately I had to leave before the Conquest phase, but it was good fun, nice to see the Normans won. Hopefully for the future event, "La cumpaignie de segunz filz" will be formed by then, and a magnificent Norman clan can take the field.

A Norman clan? Would it be focused on cavalry? Because if not, I would be interested.

However, I'm utterly incompetent for anything nor directly related to holding a shield in front of my face, so other than spear fodder, I can't do much. But hey, you can throw me against the enemy line.

Rule zum Rabensang said:
    Yngvald said:
    Rule zum Rabensang said:
    I had my fun, and the conquest rounds had some tense action.
    So it would seem, that many an avid churchgoer fell upon this fateful eve.
    Aye, Norman and Saxon alike got together on the holy ground to lie there under His benevolent eyes. What an orison.

We're all equal in the eyes of God.
  13. MarchHare

We all know that, at the end of time, only one nation will remain: China.
  14. MarchHare

It's a "Doesn't matter, had sex" kind of thing.
  15. MarchHare

hrotha said:
    We could perhaps say that the campaign was ultimately a tactical Norman victory, but a strategic English victory.

And that's all that matters :party:
  16. MarchHare

The Deluge Reloaded - NEW EVENT

When is the next event? May 23?

I would like to sign up as an independent player.

Name: Emile
    I will use TS, and obey my commander or commanders.
    I speak English and Spanish, so put me with those who speak one or both of those languages.
    I would prefer if I don't have to work as an artilleryman. But, if necessary, I will try.

17. MarchHare

Yeah. Maybe the Weorod?
    Something like the Jomsvikingar in the center, the Gægningas in the right flank, the public host in the left and the Weorod dealing with cavalry.

I'm no tactician, but seems like it could have mitigated a bit the whole thing. However, being just a grunt, I don't know what the rest of the Engle side was doing, so maybe they tried something similar.
  18. MarchHare

I think that cavalry had more of a psychological (if you can call it that) effect than anything.

You can't focus on the infantry in front of you knowing that, at any moment, cavalry can charge you from behind. I was pretty paranoid about the whole thing, in fact.

However, I think we could have beaten the cavalry if we had just coordinated a bit better. Next time we will see, I guess.
  19. MarchHare

Yeah, cavalry is fun.
    Unless you're on the receiving end.

Then, the funny thing is when the cavalryman falls from his horse and you get to stab him as much as you want.
  20. MarchHare

My ping was ****. I was utterly incompetent. Cavalry is OP. The urban warfare will give me nightmares.

I loved it. When is the next one?
Back
Top Bottom