Search results for query: *

1. Airbar

e 1.1.0.225653 beta and 1.1.0 difrence?

Can be possible, if i download :"e 1.10.225653" am i using the beta bransh then ?

Sorry i am still a bit confused and thanks for the answer!
    So the 2.5GB update should be normal from what I can tell if you haven't at some point opted into the beta branch. I would say download it for now. Not at my PC rn so I can't check the versioning.
  2. Airbar

well i am still confused :I

Usually i every new fix/patch they were really small like a few kilobites,but now like the last one i download a size of like 2,5 gigabite.
    Seems like you weren't on the beta branch.
  3. Airbar

Really confused right now because I got a 10mb update on my game, which was using the beta branch, and now my build number is 225664, anyone knows what I need to do to get the last patch ? I haven't touched the steam settings yet
    You are on the latest branch. They pushed some quick fixes to beta branch as well as all the stuff of beta plus the fixes to "normal". Both branches are equal right now content wise, seen by no issues playing with non beta people in MP.
  4. Airbar

I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Toxicity has been a big part of Warband community for a long time now, not like I have the right to criticize anyone, but some parts and players of the community have been very discouraging for new players.
    Exactly, it's not about toxicity in itself, that's par for the course of online communities. But alpha/beta players telling newbies to kill themselves just because they're new is pretty shameful. There are some vets that are helpful and while they still mop the floor with you, give you tips on how to get better.
  5. Airbar

Is matchmaking good for Bannerlord?

Any measure to help people new to MP have at least a small tiny bit amount of fun once in a while is worth it to develop. So yes, I believe MM is of the utmost importance for MP. **** duels or whatever that game mode even is, I finally want to be able to learn the game.
  6. Airbar

That's what I mean by problems with siege balance. Defenders have a good advantage on most maps from what I've seen. I have seen a couple ninjas or times that attackers won but defenders usually win.

With 59 teammates individual performance is pretty insignificant unless you somehow manage to coordinate your team. I remember you from Warband and you're quite good at killing masses of noobs and staying alive and a threat, but I don't think I'd rate your individual performance as having a huge impact overall.

If you stacked with an RCC 6 party, then you're 20% of a team... so I could definitely see that having an impact. But I think winning as attacker would still be lower than 50% even for a stack. (Again I don't have that many games played so I guess between us it's possible that attackers have just been unlucky in our games.)
    Maybe it is different in NA but Siege is mostly me getting defending team, consequently losing in 3 minutes, then queuing for another 10 minutes for a match. Only mode to get consistent games is Skirmish and the state of that game mode is laughable, as is pretty much the state of MP overall. At this point for all I care they could completely scrap MP and focus all their resources on SP.

Edit: What doesn't help is that the veterans (mostly Beta & Alpha players) are some of the most disgusting people I've met in my life (and I played a ton of Dota). Invites seem to have gone out to a lot of Warband MP veterans and my experience so far isn't painting that community in any good light. Getting abuse for being new thanks to an utter lack of foresight on TW's part about how MP will go down in early access is frustrating to say the least.
  7. Airbar

Penalty for leaving matches

I totally see where you're coming from. I've done lots of solo queue as well as team queue. I had a lot of fun solo queuing trying to find a way to beat those guys with better communication. I like using team chat to try and strategize with other solo queue players and maybe win a few rounds. It's hard to do that when everybody leaves. But it's pretty sweet when you come back from 0 - 2 against a clan and win.
    It's just a shame. When the game's balanced it is lots of fun. Sadly that happens in 1 out of 30 matches so me and a lot of other people are quitting pretty much the moment we see a bunch of clan tags on the opposition. Boggles my mind to release a "competitive" gamemode but have no matchmaking or split for groups and solo queue in place.
  8. Airbar

.since callum seems to be on this thread I just want to mention that the wait times for skirmish games are crazy, I think it’s the biggest problem right now. Is anything being done about that? (Also you guys are doing great with SP keep up the good work there)
    I expect more and more people are dropping skirmish as it's not much fun right now. Seems like siege waittimes have gone down consequently.
  9. Airbar

MP Skirmish

People literally just leave when they see my team sometimes. We fight the same pubs over and over and end up stomping them. I feel like this is turning new players away from the game. There should also be punishments for leaving a game because the people that get stuck on a 5 man or 4 man team get their K/D and W/L screwed by these quitters.

Matchmaking needs to be fixed.
    Thank you! As a new player, I'm nearing the point where I want MP to crash and burn. The utter lack of any kind of skill-based matchmaking OR seperation of premades and single queues is baffling to say the least. I'm currently sitting at about 30% of my matches won because I've been largely unlucky and had premades mostly as enemies. Skirmish boils down to whichever team has the premade wins.
  10. Airbar

The problem with waiting on changing this is that even if this is casual play, it is frustrating that there is no incentive to stick out a losing match. Lots of the time, solo queued players will leave match after 2 round losses because currently losses are not tracked if you leave match early. It's stupid but some players care way too much about their K/D Win/Loss numbers in lobby.
    Maybe they leave because it's just not fun getting steamrolled by clans? Game is absolutely not casual as Callum said. I'm glad I can leave those matches so those guys don't get to have fun as well.
  11. Airbar

Match premades with premades in skirmish to stop unfairness.

a high level do not mean you are a good player lol
    Matching 4 alpha testers against a bunch of newbiews who just bought the game should honestly be easily avoidable. Right now matchmaking is a garbage joke, especially considering they only beta tested the MP up until now. It's not fun getting 3 kills as a team in a match of skirmish and this happens way too often with tons of clans just queuing as whole teams.
  12. Airbar

Some fighting/skirmish tips for newer players

As someone new to the MP, most of this would be helpful, if games were actually balanced, so thanks for that (especially that about being outnumbered). Sadly the game is just not fun for newbies right now.
  13. Airbar

I mean it can be ass if you do have a significant time in warband :grin: Ive only had one close game where it was 1-1 after a 1v2 on the flag and half the enemy team still left
    Most of my games consist of my team getting 2 kills ... over 3 rounds. MP will be dead before the game leaves EA at this rate with only clans still playing. The casual experience has been utter ****e so far.
  14. Airbar

Any idea when this might be? I feel like even a very basic form of matchmaking as soon as possible would be incredibly helpful, currently Skirmish is close to unplayable with more often than not teams of new players against experienced players, often stacked, which results in one-sided stomps. I hope it's being looked into.
    Pretty much this. Regarding MP this should be way up high the list. If you don't have spent a significant time in Warband MP or beta, multiplayer is absolute ass right now.
  15. Airbar

taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

The "veterans" are kinda the problem of MP right now.
  16. Airbar

Guide: Skills

@Airbar the medicine only seems to increase for my Surgeon, not for me, while resting in a town with wounded soldiers.
    I don't have a surgeon for my clan so it could be that it in that case the army leader gets the points.
  17. Airbar

Guide: Skills

You gain Roguery by raiding villages and selling captured enemies at the tavern. Tactics increases if you win battles where the odds are stacked against you (I believe if you're outnumbered). Medicine increases just by having wounded soldiers and resting in a center/village which speeds up the process of recovery. Stewardship is a weird one as it just increases all the time for me, probably it just increases through paying soldiers their wages.
  18. Airbar

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I find the new system much better than the one from Warband. Yes, it is a bit slow right now and yes, some skills need tweaking, but in general I think it is a step up to the old system of just getting kills to become more intelligent and better at trading.
  19. Airbar

Bannerlord & Linux Discussion

So, just to reiterate from my Github postings: Using for example Proton tkg you can easily build your own version of Proton that comes with the fix for the mouse issues (due to using the most recent wine-staging build). Saving still has issues, these seem to be mainly fixed by dotnet48, though some users (myself included) get horrible microstutter and tanked performance on the campaign map when using dotnet48.

Also without dotne48 installed in the prefix I haven't encountered a single crash or similar. Can play for hours without problems. With dotnet48 it would crash pretty frequently.
  20. Airbar

Dev Blog 02/08/18

By the way, will we get a Q&A with you Callum? I honestly think that would be pretty nice  :eek:
Back
Top Bottom