Search results for query: *

1. VictorF

Roman Cuirasses, Attic Helmets and such.

It seems my aesthetic urges are quite unpopular.
  2. VictorF

Roman Cuirasses, Attic Helmets and such.

This game has been updating armor for factions for years now and the overall look of their militaries has somewhat changed (I'm talking about you, Battania). Is it unrealistic to expect some sort of muscle cuirass or more crested helmets for empire nobles and elites? I'm talking about lavish...
  3. VictorF

My opinions after 800 hours played on what should be added to the game

You should be able to choose the perks of all your clan members when they join your clan, same as your brother in the campaign. You should be able to choose a perk lower in the ladder if none suits you in the two you can choose from ( but not save perks to take 2 higher).
    Totally. It is a well known fact that we can all choose our siblings characteristics and traits in real life.
    Before my actual brother was born I told my mom that I wanted a level 50 companion with very high inteligence and roguery and that's exactly the brother I got. Too bad he took those skills and turned them into a liberal arts degree later in his life... what a waste.
  4. VictorF

Beta Patch Notes e1.6.0

Arrived a bit late to the discussion, gotta ask: Why are people saying with so much certainty that elephant model belongs to some future DLC? Can't it be just some nice new feature for future patches? I know I sound naive but is there any hard proof I missed on the coments?
  5. VictorF

TW you have made many great scenes(towns etc), please give us more incentive to visit them

The perfect game would be bannerlord with exploration and adventure 3rd person flavors from rpg games. A battle/political simulator where you also get to explore an acient city or acient dungeon. I like to thing I'm goinf to see this before I die.
  6. VictorF

New Factions Ideas

Just some idea suggestions for new factions. I would totally make a mod for this but I've no idea how to make a mod LOL

Most of the factions you pitched depend on a naval combat/transportation DLC to be implemented. Nice suggestions but that's just too far in the future.
  7. VictorF

Entire Mount&Blade Universe

This Darshi faction south of Vlandia doesn't really exist in BL. Why would this dude on reddit come up with this?
  8. VictorF

To my fellow mount&bladers who are disappointed at TW atm, on TW's business mode

I don't know if I'm alone at this but I got this feeling that mod making in Bannerlord is not at all easier or more intuitive than in warband. If TW indeed wants to focus on just creating a base game for modders and relying on external mod making they certainly didn't invest enought in creating the easiest possible interface and tool repertory. I would at least expect dedicated troop, kingdom and item editors, but even those seem to be left for modders to make. That scene editor is cool but we did allready have one in warband, I took for granted that Bannerlord would get one too. It's not enought.

ps: I know xml editing is not rocket science but I expected something in the lines of Bethesda creation kits for example.
    ps2: I know it might be early to expect the full repertory of moding tools but I haven't seen any signs that they are planing on releasing more.
  9. VictorF

I just don't get TW priorities.

A don't think it's unreasonable or even that opinion based to hope that battles last more than 20 seconds. 2 hits or 3 hits per soldier is too fast for tactics.
    How many effective hits do you think a medieval infantryman could take from a sword or mace before being disabled?
  10. VictorF

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.5

I dont think I trust the education system. Will it result in the same spread of attributes that dont correspond to the job the person does and wasted skill points that the companions have. I think I would rather start my characters at level zero than get broken characters with a 1 in intelligence, 6 in Vigor, and 80 points in engineering.
    I guess that's the point parents who advocate for home schooling make currently. I myself am more of a Paulo Freire guy.
  11. VictorF

Make the empire roman again!

Well they don't really look like celts at all, and when the first screenshots of them started coming out people were pretty frustrated at how terrible they looked.
    -They have the best looking armor and equipment in the game at the moment.
    -One has to admit all those chainmail shirts with mail shoulder reinforcements and flat diamond shields look quite celtic. Even their musical themes are obviously celtic/breton. Like BraveHeart played with bagpipes at a NY police officer funeral celtic.
  12. VictorF

Strictly 10th century European world?!?

I guess I’m supposed to ignore the 11th century date, and faction inspiration going back to the 1st century, with core inspiration even stated falling all over between those dates.

I think the Byzantine Aesthetics are better overall as it opens up an even earlier 3rd game centered around the 2nd Punic War where we can get strong Antiquity design. Stick to the late Dark Ages here
    I wrote that in a sarcastic tone hoping no one would choose that option hahahahaha
  13. VictorF

Gondorian armor is amazing, so is rohirim. I guess imperial armor from bannerlord just feels underwhelming, bland and lacking in visual identity. I whish for a more roman indentity because I guess it could fix all of that. The imperials certainly didnt get as much love in visual development as the battanians did.
  14. VictorF

You are sharing your tastes with us, I totally respect that. But my confusion arises from (maybe I should have explained them in my first post :lol: ) the references you provide ...Mainz, Montefortino, Galea, "square scuta", "attic helmet"... it has little to do with the theme "Late Roman". We already have the essence of "Late Roman" (although it could be extended a little more) and it is perfectly in keeping with the Byzantine style; whether you like it or not, Roman from the 5th century is equal to Byzantine from the 5th century.
    Those kite shields, coifs, late spangenhelms and kettle helmets are way more 11th century than 5th century, in fact most of that empire gear on the game is. Of course any eastern roman soldier from 476 AD onwards is "byzantine" but I'm using that word to refer to later armor and gear styles. Eastern roman legionaires from the 5th and 6th century were equiped the same way from before the end of the w. empire and that's the look I was going for. You know, early ridge helmets (mainz or intercisa) and oval shields. Lorica Halmata with chaimail shoulders and all.

edit: you made a sketch a year ago showing exactly what I'm talking about but can't find it now...
  15. VictorF

Yeah no that is my final answer.
    If I wanted to play another game where the generic empire faction has to be Rome or roman I'd just play the thousands of games that do it
    None of those games got M&B unique mechanics though... Can't think of a game that lets you lead a cohort of legionaries in third person as Bannerlord could.
  16. VictorF

I understand the urge to make bannerlord resemble history more, but the more this game becomes a facsimile of reality rather than its own thing, the more I'm going to wish I was playing a game that was actually based on history and not just a half-assed, semi fantasy copy.
    Im' not really arguing for more accuracy here. I'm arguing for a more late antiquity look for the empire instead of the medieval look we got. The game factions are allready inspired by wideley different periods in history anyways.
  17. VictorF

giphy.gif

Mmmmm...
    Sorry man, was that confusing? I'm a bit sleep deprived and couldn't review the text properly before posting hahahaha
  18. VictorF

So, BenjiG91 just posted a "semi" roman conversion mod for the empire in the Nexus. His uploaded galea, scutum and other assets are absolutely amazing and make the vanilla byzantine look TW gave to the empire quite underwhelming in comparission. I know using the byzantine as inspirition is a...
  19. VictorF

So... anyone working on roman armor and helmets models?

Yeah, just wanned to see if anyone has been working on early ridge helmets, lorica segmentata, atic helmets, galeas, scutum shields and such. I keep reloading the nexus but every modder there seems more interested in making late medieval armor for vlandians.
Back
Top Bottom