Search results for query: *

1. thesneakster

Your Car

Don't need it to corner or slow down. Guess it helps extract yourself from the gutter after you crash?

anyway went for a drive yesterday before settling in to do some major maintence today
    8-OoB.jpg
  2. thesneakster

Your Car

Human everything doesn't, not just other drivers. Pedestrians, road workers, people leaving stuff around
    They're not coming to roads as we know it for many years, if ever, but i'm sure in more controlled situations they'll be used.

In other news i changed the skyline turbo because I broke it and it works good again now. and goes quick. and the awd didn't break yet. and it needed new pads. The evo continues to evo.
  3. thesneakster

Your Car

i'm presuming its actually a bit more forward of the vehicle than it looks due to camera angles and a long lens, or did you just blow it up because jeep?

in other news, I fixed the awd but then something fell off in the manifold region and went into the turbo exhaust housing at the track day. Still ran respectible times though. Car felt great right out of the box, still getting used to the idea of being able to just punch it without regard with 500hp, but the feeling when it helps pull you around the corners is pretty amazing (note, i have a front LSD in aswell now)
    xYvKi.jpg
  4. thesneakster

Your Car

Feragorn said:
    Have you tried not speeding?
    Trying it now. Is boring.
    Not to sound pretentious but the evo is amazing for carrying speed. Can maintain a decent rate of knots without even trying

Tibertus said:
    sneakey pete said:
    Got booked doing 22 over the limit by the local constabalry over the weekend in the evo, just taking it easy over the local moutain
    go 21+ over the limit again in the next 12 months loss of licence. Damn.
    Track day on the weekend coming at least, can't get in trouble there...

I don't **** with that **** any more. Got caught a couple years ago doing like 25 over, granted, it was an interstate limited at 55mph, that EVERYONE does 70-75 on. I was doing 80 when everyone else was doing 75. Almost got a reckless driving ticket. They really need to raise the speed limits in certain areas. No reason for a 8 lane limited access highway with no congestion to be limited to 55 other than easy revenue generation. In fact every year it's been brought up to state general assembly every year for speed limit increase, and every year the Fraternal Order of Police lobbies like hell to get it shot down.

Yeah, this road used to be 80, was 60 for a little bit is 70 again now.
    Probably should still be at 80, bit bendy and the like can't trust people all the time. There's a few roads around that are still 100 (deafult limit) which is quite fun because you'd have to be really tryign to be in breach.
  5. thesneakster

Your Car

Got booked doing 22 over the limit by the local constabalry over the weekend in the evo, just taking it easy over the local moutain
    go 21+ over the limit again in the next 12 months loss of licence. Damn.
    Track day on the weekend coming at least, can't get in trouble there...
  6. thesneakster

Your Car

Generally the 4 cylinder cars that arent ecnoboxes will have a turbo 4 thesedays, which generally will maek the same power and more torque than the v6's they replaced. Just don't make the torque at the same point, so i guess it comes down to driving style? Need to make sure you're in the right gear moreso with a turbo 4.

Also, a v6 is probably going to be lighter than a turbo 4 due to the fact they kind of 'share' cylinder block space, have a shorter crank, etc
  7. thesneakster

Your Car

We stopped making american v8 boats here down under last year.
  8. thesneakster

Your Car

9.5:1 plus a turbo that is happy at pressure ratios above 2:1 so yeah consider advantage taken. Though probably would be just as effective as E50
  9. thesneakster

Do threads never die here?

Pretty sure i'd already been and gone by 2008.

but anyway, my post for the non car thread done for the decade, see everyone next one
  10. thesneakster

Your Car

If its a new car it will be not much, if its an old one the extra it does won't matter becaues you saved on the fuel price. (think about how much extra fuel you can buy for 10K or whatever)

I'm loving the fact right now that with a E85 pegged to 139.9 locally and full octane petrol being about 1.70+ even with the extra consumptions is pretty much cheaper to use E85 now...
    just need to sort out the tune though, should be around 15L/100km but getting in the low 20's at the moment.
  11. thesneakster

Your Car

Speaking of timing belts, EVO sounds like it has a loose tensioner. woo.
    Skyline has also been out of action due to random electrical faut meaning no power to ecu after car sat for 2 weeks.
    Good times...
  12. thesneakster

Your Car

Could be worse, could have been timing belt and completely destroyed the entire engine.
  13. thesneakster

Your Car

Depending on how much material they need to remove from the crank to refinish it you may need oversized bearings also. That being said its not exactly a performance engine so I suppose its not as critical as something that's developing 100hp/cylinder
  14. thesneakster

Your Car

krik said:
    Lol I wish I could just buy an EVO because my Skyline was broken down. You're living something of a dream for a lot of car dudes.

Its pretty cool to have both, Both very different driving cars too.

At the end of the day you'd lose more in depreciation by buying a m4 or something like that brand new then it's cost me for the evo, and hopefully the prices on it will actually go up over time.
    they're a bit cheaper over here because we can import them, only paid the equivalent of 12K USD for it.
    Its kinda funny though, stuff like 240z's are stupidly expensive here
  15. thesneakster

Your Car

So I bought an EVO so I could car when my car isn't car-ing.
    (the mirage doesn't count... no fun at all)
    Evo 6.5, TME.
    mostly stock, (intake and hks pod, coilovers, turbosmart actuator running stock boost still), 200000kms and lots of new suspension bushings. Drives amazingly well, very responsive to input, I can understand evo lyf now.[/spoiler]

Drove it 1000km to WTAC the day after I got it.
    As its turns out it was just as wells as I went to do an oil change on the skyline after I got back and I found one of the oil squirters came out of the sump with the oil. Not ideal. Basically they sit under the piston and spray oil onto its unerside.
    Went and saw the builder, took the engine out and they fixed it up, as the mistake was on them. All 6 squirters were knocked off clearance under the piston due to the stroker was inadequate. No damage luckily, nothign went through anythign mechanical, all they ended up doing was putting new spaced ones in, probably so they didn't need to remove any of the rotating assembly. Ended up getting the engine back in after a few more weeks, got the skyline running again last rnr. Was an immediate 200kpa increase in oil pressure across the board (actually had to turn down the oil pressure), so now i'm back to where I was 9 weeks ago: time for more boost.
    Luckily I had a nice not slow fun car to take to places in the mean time
  16. thesneakster

Your Car

I has car again. It goes brap.

It also moves. Somewhat rapidly. Videos didn't turn out though.
  17. thesneakster

Your Car

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/datsun-240z

Roughish ones here go for 10K easily
  18. thesneakster

Your Car

Can't you get 240z's for ridiculously cheap prices over there? Get one of those.
  19. thesneakster

Your Car

Turbos>>NA.
  20. thesneakster

Your Car

No tuna until next year. So the car sits there over Christmas. Very sads, much dissapoint, etc.
    Guess it means I won't get caught in any road blitz.
Back
Top Bottom