Search results for query: *

• Users: Mordachai
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Mordachai

Known Bugs 4.1 Current

Bugs we're unlikely to do anything about: [list type=decimal] If you kill all opponents, the game hangs or crashes [KNOWN M&B BUG] If you start one of the pretender quest lines, all sorts of very strange and undesirable things happen in your game Jester cheat menus: Using the add all ranged...
  2. Mordachai

[IDEAS WELCOME] Looking for ideas on how to do centralized management

We're thinking about doing centralized management in 4.5.  But I keep coming up against the reality that I don't really have a good conception of how it might look. So I'm opening this up to folks to brain-storm ideas. I need folks to both think inside and outside of the box.  If you can come...
  3. Mordachai

Player bonuses to skills

I've noticed that you are shown +1 or +2 in the party screen when you view who has the highest skill, and its your main character who does. However, having now modded M&B and played it for a little over 2 months, I have yet to see one drop or stitch of code that actually applies the +1 or +2...
  4. Mordachai

Doors in Towns

I recently changed the order that things appear in, in the town menu.  And now the doors lead to bizarre places. Can you tell me how to control which door leads where?
  5. Mordachai

Khergits, not kingdom_3, WTF???

I was trying to track down what I thought should be a simple bug in my Prisoner Chat code. I put some show_messages in there, to show me what the relationship of the prisoner is to me.  And it comes up zero (0) every time. Weird, I think to myself.  I must be doing something wrong - or...
  6. Mordachai

Breaking the player out of waiting... mode

I have a simple trigger that is attempting to cause a conversation between the player and a Lord. I have found that attempting to setup the conversation directly from the trigger fails (the conversation never happens). But if I instead jump to a menu, which then spawns the conversation, it...
  7. Mordachai

Re-Titling Troops (a possible approach)

Many folks have wanted to have dynamic titles for the player or various troops in the game.  MS doesn't allow you to outright rename a troop (a pity), but if you're ambitious enough, it might be doable (for all of the non-hard-coded places) to use the following: Use a script instead of using...
  8. Mordachai

Force all troops to update?

I've been re-balancing my troops.  But my saves - which have lots of variety of troops already available to inspect, are not reflecting the changes. Presumably, the game spawns individual copies of what's in the troops.py - and then they evolve independently.  Hence, your character goes up...
  9. Mordachai

Add key handlers to main map mode?

Can I add a trigger to catch a keystroke when in the main map mode? e.g. I'd like to add the ability to "force march" your party at a temporarily accelerated pace, while holding say the alt key (or whatever key - doesn't matter - or the key can be a toggle - start/stop forced march - who...
  10. Mordachai

How might I spawn a conversation from a menu, that returns to a different menu?

How might I spawn a conversation from a menu, that returns to a different menu? I have this code:       ("talk_council_chancellor", [], "I wish to speak with the Chancellor.",         [           (set_jump_mission,"mt_visit_town_castle"),           (party_get_slot, ":castle_scene"...
  11. Mordachai

How do I display the name of an item with its imod?

there's str_store_item_name (and some plural variations), - but none of them takes an imod. So I'll see "Quiver of Arrows" rather than "Large Quiver of Arrows". I see nothing anywhere that would produce the correct text. Surely its there someplace?
  12. Mordachai

is ek_food actually used for anything?

Or is that now an empty equipment slot that means nothing?
  13. Mordachai

Adding background meshes

I am ... utterly ... lost. I have textures\pic_town_sargoth.dds And I have a bunch of mesh entries in module_meshes.py, such as:   ("pic_town_sargoth",        0, "pic_town_sargoth",        0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1), But I don't have a .brf file.  And I'm geting a nasty headache trying to...
  14. Mordachai

Can I dynamically (at runtime) set the color of menu text?

Is anyone aware of a way to set the text color for a menu on the fly?  I know you can use menu_text_color(color)  - but I want to put it in code: (try_begin),   (eq, ":whatever", some_value),   (set_text_color, some_color), (else_try),   (set_text_color, some_other_color), (try_end), Anyone...
  15. Mordachai

Looking for Graphical Ideas!

I'm looking for talent that would be interested in making some extra meshes for a mod. These would be used for reports & menus, just as mesh_pic_bandits, mesh_pick_village_p, mesh_pic_messenger, etc., are now. Here's the current list of desired meshes / background images:  Outside of Castle...
  16. Mordachai

module_game_menus.py - what the?

I'm befuddled - According to module_game_menus.py, the menu entries are supposed to follow this pattern: (id_string, condition_block, label_string, consequences_block) However, many of them have an extra string tagged onto the end, such as this example from the "town" menu:      ...
  17. Mordachai

Are strat-map tool-tips hard-coded

Or can you alter their contents from MS code? I'd really love to give player extra info about places he's wandering near...
  18. Mordachai

armor_soak & reduction_faction - what do they really mean?

So the module.ini has soak & reduction factors for the various types of damage that a weapon can do. What I need is a way to weight the damage of a weapon vs. its actual effectiveness against armor. so, for a base damage and damage-type, I want to know how valuable that is compared to another...
  19. Mordachai

What is the "right way" to remove some units & add others to a party?

I'm writing a script that swaps some stacks of troops for other stacks troops in a given party.  And I'm finding that this messes with the party that I'm trying to iterate over (it invalidates the iterators - deleting the current stack and adding another means that the stack I'm currently...
  20. Mordachai

A *Gotcha* to be avoided...

Ok, being a programmer, I generally assume I can mess with loop variables to control a loop. But I am quite certain at this point that M&B's (try_for_range, ":index", ":start", ":one_past_end") construct overwrites ":index" on every iteration, so you cannot break out of the loop by setting its...
Back
Top Bottom