Search results for query: *

1. Swyter

OpenBRF Redux — A de-rusted, bug-fixed version of the tool

Added a cleaned up list of the features and fixes to the first post. Let me know what you think. :grin:
  2. Swyter

Another issue which you could perhaps fix the issue described here:

Maroon wrote a little workaround for it:

There are probably not many people around who have multiple frames at the armouries and tried to play the animations. It is also only broken in the "newer" OpenBRF version iirc since I have never had the problem at my older version (I use the version 0.0.79 at my old laptop).
    Hopefully fixed, please check the latest version. Surprisingly easy to find and fix, at least compared to the double-click bug above, just had to tweak a single line.
  3. Swyter

There's currently a regression in the double-click on a mesh name to select all parts and LODs in one go function. For some reason the second click fires a single-click Qt signal/event that resets the double-click event, kind of tricky to fix.

But it seems like double-clicking with the mouse wheel/middle button works just fine.

Holding Shift while double right-clicking also works. There's something wrong with single left clicks. 🐥
    Just managed to "fix" this using a funky workaround after a very long and arduous debugging and testing session, didn't manage to find the root cause. So hopefully isn't any worse than any of the official versions, no more drawbacks! Please re-download from here.

Perhaps you could fix the issue with the custom feminizer morpher files as described by mtarini here:

Some basic informations of frame differences between M&B and Warband are described at this section here, at the top "Female frame", although you might be aware of them:
    https://earendil_ardamire.gitlab.io/modding-guide/Subpages/New_at_modding_Warband/BRF_Resource_Management.html#Skeletons
    Darn, sounds a bit messy, but added it to my to-do list anyway. Thanks for the suggestion! :grin:
  4. Swyter

There's currently a regression in the double-click on a mesh name to select all parts and LODs in one go function. For some reason the second click fires a single-click Qt signal/event that resets the double-click event, kind of tricky to fix.

But it seems like double-clicking with the mouse wheel/middle button works just fine.

Holding Shift while double right-clicking also works. There's something wrong with single left clicks. 🐥

--

@kraggrim suggested adding another button in the texture coordinate tool to flip the UVs vertically and horizontally, so I added that yesterday. Keep them coming.
  5. Swyter

Thanks for testing, mate. Yeah, the function that marks suffixed versions of used meshes is kind of funky.

Marco probably had his good reasons to do it like this, but I've just expanded the original mechanism a bit. If someone has some time to investigate subtly broken bits and hence make fixing them easier, please post that here. Knowing is half the battle.

A bunch of the Warband regulars on the Discord server also had other potential suggestions to make OpenBRF a bit less annoying to use; yesterday I implemented support for local rotations/scaling, an option to only color tint the last selected mesh, raised the material/beard/hair limits for skins.txt and the other text files, added the map tree meshes to the hardcoded list, and made it use the mod's core_*.brf files in the resource usage finder if they exist, so custom shaders don't cause errors anymore.

Please post yours here, happy to discuss them and see what can be done, even if it's just small, quality-of-life stuff. Don't be shy. :fruity:
  6. Swyter

This is a de-rusted version of Marco Tarini's OpenBRF tool for modding Mount&Blade 1.011 and Warband; it comes with bug fixes and enhancements. Download and change log here: https://github.com/Swyter/openbrf-redux The idea is to keep the program well-maintained, develop it openly, and...
  7. Swyter

Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Hi, I recently created a small mod for warband. It is based from Viking Conquest. I'm trying to upload to steam workshop but having issues doing it. I followed all steps in uploading the mod, and in cmd I'm getting validation errors. Please see below:

File: "Britannia\fx_configuration.h", the extension .h is not valid
    File: "Britannia\Your custom Sails\Custom Sail 01.psd", the extension .psd is not valid
    File: "Britannia\Your custom Sails\Custom Sail 02.psd", the extension .psd is not valid
    File: "Britannia\Textures\shadow_default.tga", the extension .tga is not valid
    File: "Britannia\GLShadersOptimized\fs_map_font.glsl", the extension .glsl is not valid
    Please assist as I have no idea why I'm getting all these "not valid" errors.

Unfortunately you will have to use Valve's SteamCMD tool instead of the TaleWorlds Workshop uploader, which has a whitelist of allowed extensions and is generally pretty broken. While you shouldn't upload bloaty stuff like PSD files that the player won't use, the GLSL files are compulsory for your mod to work at all on Linux and macOS.

Look for my previous posts in this thread, I made a mini guide; the Valve tool works better and it lets you upload anything.
  8. Swyter

Watchdog.exe in Bannerlord files

I think it's the game's crash handler. Try killing the normal game via Task Manager and see if a window coming from that process pops up.

Usually the way this works is that this gets spawned by the game on launch, watches the main process to see if it exits normally or not and clean ups, or stores the crash info, uploading it when prompted. I think. They do it because if the crash handler is in the crashed process itself it may end up broken enough to not even be able to show the crash window or upload it. The crash handler would need its own crash handler uploader. :party:

So yeah, computery stuff to get a snapshot of a dying program. I hope.
  9. Swyter

Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

This is a bit off-topic, but you only need to install Python 2.7, download the TLD repository (even as a .zip file), edit the equipped items under ModuleSystem/module_troops.py and double-click ModuleSystem/build_module_wb.bat to get your modded .txt files under the _wb folder. Way easier.

And as we told you on the Discord server, and here, the small setup time pays off.

I understand the resistance as you only want to make a few manual/surgical tweaks, and the source code sounds like a big deal. But it really isn't, compared to getting the item index in the item_kinds1.txt list which is what you are asking for. You need to count itm_ lines, with the first item starting at zero. I think. 🐥
  10. Swyter

Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

TLD is a weird amalgamation of a M&B 1.011 and Warband mod. So a bunch of files aren't compatible with text editors like Morgh's. If you want to make changes you can download the public module system from GitHub and rebuild it.
  11. Swyter

Forum Structural Changes (06.12.2023)

Good to see the modding sections going back into the main forum. The three or four levels of nesting in a separate tab were a big mistake and hurt activity and lurking, I think.
  12. Swyter

Mount&Blade Cartographer | Just my own spin-off...

That means good progress, the only thing you are missing is configuring your module system (in module_info.py) to direct it to your mod folder. It's using the default one.

As you can see right now it points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\mb_warband_module_system_1171\Module_system 1.171\..\WOTS\Modules\Native, which after collapsing the relative path (..\WOTS\) ends up being C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\mb_warband_module_system_1171\Module_system 1.171\Modules\Native, which doesn't exist.

You want it to point to ..\..\MyCoolModFolder, make a copy of Native and there you go.

If you try running build_module.bat to compile your mod right now it won't work either. Check the beginner's guide by Lumos or the others, it should explain what to do.

As this tool basically edits the settlements in the module system (and that needs to target a mod where to spit the final text stuff) I grab the final mod path from the same place.
  13. Swyter

msysparties = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\MountBlade Warband\\Modules\\parties.py"

You are missing a comma (,) at the end of each config item, that's why it's throwing that syntax error. Make sure you only edit cartographer.conf.ini, leaving everything else as normal. I'm guessing it launched fine with the default configuration.

Also, keep in mind that it needs a module_parties.py. That thingie doesn't look like a valid module system file, and the parties.txt you see in the mod folder won't work. The .txt files get generated from the .py files, usually stored in a different folder. Without Native's or a mod's module system you won't be able to edit the settlements.

If you just want to export or edit the map surface you can replace the sample map.txt under the bundled res/mod/ folder with anything else and reopen the program. That way you don't need to create a dummy or new mod to edit that part. Works without .py files or "source code".
  14. Swyter

Posting your configuration and what you did would help. You shouldn't have to edit any of those Lua files. Only the configuration, as shown in the guide here: https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/wiki/Home
  15. Swyter

Mount & Blade - Old Versions

That one doesn't seem to be part of the list. Good job, @Corbul! We are also missing earlier/beta versions of Warband.

Uploading them as a new entry on Archive.org and direct-linking them here is our best bet to make sure they survive ten years down the line. As these filehosters die frequently.

I'm sure @Eärendil Ardamírë doesn't mind updating the first post with the definitive direct link or adding new entries once he has some free time.
  16. Swyter

Can These Things Be Fixed? <Long>

Re: WSE2, yup, that would be a big deal, in terms of preventing BRF from being a dead format. One hopes that project won't run out of steam and that it'll be Open Sourced.

One of the many things that has struck me with curiosity about Bannerlord, from a software POV, is why it's no longer using BRF. So far as I can determine, BRF supports pretty much everything FBX does that matters, including multi-material, vertex painting, etc., etc. It's a strange situation, and there are a lot of signs that at some point early on, BRF was still supported (and, well, there's that mysterious TRF format, which there was an export tool from Blender for and Bannerlord appears to support- I now have a working theory about why it's still in there, though).

Yeah, TRF is the text format they worked with directly in their asset pipeline, the other day I found out that in the GOG version of Warband for Linux and macOS they actually bundle the original TRF files for pretty much everything. BRF was just a secondary way of baking or optimizing the TRF parsing, that the game lazily does the first time there's a TRF file without its matching binary counterpart. That's why when defining resource files in the module.ini you never set the extension. Modders were the only ones using BRF files as their normal bread-and-butter format.

Their Warband resource format is almost identical to the 1.011 one, but as @mtarini documented, they added support for the vertex tangents used in normal mapping, they could have added more flags to easily expand it with morph targets and other missing features: https://github.com/Swyter/mab-tools/blob/6e9fc0a/mab_brf_file.bt#L376-L388
  17. Swyter

About the data format thing; the M&B 1.011/Warband file formats are documented here (https://github.com/Swyter/mab-tools) as 010 Editor binary templates (which are pretty much standard C/C++ structs and enums with comments), and OpenBRF (its whole version history) is a publicly-archived free and open-source software, which you can easily recompile for Windows and Linux via Qt Creator in places like this, dependencies included: https://github.com/Swyter/openbrf-redux/commits/redux

Most game and module system versions have been archived here and can be easily downloaded without depending on TaleWorlds, as well as the whole deceased MB Repository, so I think this stuff isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Plus, Warband is still widely played on Steam; mods like TLD still get 200-120 daily installs on the Steam Workshop[1] [2].

If we ever get @K700 to make the WSE2 source available this will be the cherry on top.
  18. Swyter

That's awesome, glad to see you're still chugging away!

The main reason I quit modding Warband, besides IRL being too busy, was that the 32-bit memory issues (RGL_VERTEX_BUFFER errors, etc.) never got fixed, so I hit various walls.

The 64-bit builds coming out, for Mac / Linux, but not for Windows, kind of broke me, in terms of interest. It was clear that things weren't going to get better until Bannerlord came out. Now it's here, and I'm like, "uh, where is all the stuff", honestly. I thought I'd be just doing some "old-timer shows up and dumps old content" modding, maybe fix the obvious in a minor combat-overhaul, etc. IDK whether I have the stomach to do that if I'm going to be operating in a complete vacuum, though.

One of the few things Bannerlord has going for it over Warband is that, with memory less of a real issue and some genuine improvements to how well it's using CPU / GPU in the core engine, it really can run 1000 Battle Size on High graphics settings (well, on my hardware, anyhow, lol). That made doing a modernized version of Blood and Steel, or at least the core experience of fast-paced, deadly combat with genuinely huge numbers of Agents, somewhat attractive.

On the Warband side, I'd check out K700's engine work on WSE2, it's basically a forked, standalone, reverse-engineered RGL engine. Instead of hooking and patching the original .exe, it works like OpenMW or Freeablo, except the source code for the game is not public. Which hopefully will be a thing soon enough.

And he has planned 64-bit support. So you may want to look into it, apart from the performance profiler and extended modding support: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...hancer-2-v1-1-0-1.384882/page-52#post-9855632

In any case it's good to talk to other modders from a while ago. We had a lot of fun in the Forge. I remember your shader work threads along with all the hacky stuff we cobbled together.

I don't see myself starting again and picking up Bannerlord, there's plenty of interesting loose ends to finish here.
  19. Swyter

SceneObj tools | Scripts to losslessly unpack, merge and repack .sco files; externally edit props, AI meshes and terrain with standard software

By the way, in the latest version of the SCO tools from today, and as a bit of retro-compatible usability improvement, the unpacker spits and the repacker accepts «layer_ground_tinting.ppm» as a stand-in filename for TaleWorlds' «layer_ground_leveling.ppm» which as a layer name sucks and is practically misleading, as people confuse this RGB color tinting data with the «ground_elevation» gray heightmap. Me included.

Any unpacked folder done before this change will still work, as the original layer filename is still detected and should still repack fine. Just keep it in mind, if you are searching for it and scratching your head.

But yeah, TL;DR: leveling is now called tinting.
  20. Swyter

SceneObj tools | Scripts to losslessly unpack, merge and repack .sco files; externally edit props, AI meshes and terrain with standard software

The latest version of the terrain code generator from yesterday will tell you how big the scene will actually be, and the size in pixels of the heightmap and color textures that are inside the SCO. This is based on the terraingen code by @cmpxchg8b, so props to him: https://swyter.github.io/mab-tools/terrain

imagen.png
    imagen.png
Back
Top Bottom