Search results for query: *

• Users: Madae
  • Order by date
  1. Improving Spears (so they can be fun)

Maybe it has already been mentioned, I'd be surprised if it hasn't, but polearm already has a perk to push units back. Two, if I'm not mistaken.
  2. SP - General Return of village fiefs

Just thought of something else. Lords that have been defeated in battle and don't have a lot of troops tend to just congregate around enemy armies and do nothing but wait. Might be a bigger issue at hand that will be changed eventually, but creating more minor lords and allowing them to be recruited to armies influence free might give these guys more incentive to be aggressive.
  3. This 2 major AI combat path-finding/tracking glitches/issues are ruining SP for me. Combat Instant-Win(1v1)

I doubt they even have enough people to monitor the obscene amount of feedback they are getting from passionate players. This game sold really well despite EA, and seems to have a lot of activity everywhere I go. Suggestion is still the place to post this stuff, though. You're just making more work for them to have to sift through instead of just posting in the one place they know to look.
  4. Please change the dye colours for the Northern (or Eastern/"southern") empire. They are way too similar.

I wouldnt' mind this change, or an option to set our own colors for them. All the colors except khuzait and aserai are hard for me to distinguish from each other.
  5. SP - General Defecting Lords (Hot potato/musical chairs)

I have a feeling a lot of these defections were actually just the mercenary bands stopping their contract, but I have seen some of the lords from other factions and such. Didn't really notice whether or not they were abandoning ship when the faction was losing. Although, there has been some changes in he recent patches that make the lords unlikely to join a faction that raided or captured their holdings because of a negative opinion modifier.
  6. SP - General Smithing is insanely unbalanced - refining 100 crude iron requires 4500 hardwood and 225 days of in-game resting [in-depth Smithing Overhaul idea]

This may seem obvious, but a lot of people have talked about this, so you definitely aren't the only one that feels this way about it. My guess is that there has been quite enough talk about it that it will eventually change once the run of stability type patches are completed and they can get in to actually changing gameplay. As an alternative fix in the meantime, there are mods that remove some of the agregious problems with it, such as the resting period.
  7. Combat skills work together?

It sounded to me like you were using a Polearm in "Two-Handed" mode and were wondering if it benefits from Two-Handed skills as well as the Polearm skills.
    That's exactly what I'm asking. It's a confusing thing to ask about maybe because it's apparently kind of hard to explain, but I should have tried a different way to explain it in the OP.
    As I said in my other post, polearms are not 2h weapons. They are polearms. 2h weapons should be called '2h weapons that are not polearms'. Ditto for 1h.
    If that is the case, I think it would be an interesting change if both perk trees worked for a weapon that is being used in that way, but I guess this really only applies to polearms since it's the odd man out. The issue, to me, is that polearm is a relatively bad perk tree, including things like extra couch damage which is useless because couch without perks already kills everything instantly, and then there is that one hand and two hand trees include a lot of perks like increased damage or speed, but polearm doesn't have that... so when you find a polearm that you want to use that isn't just a typical couching weapon used mainly for horseback, it ultimately appears as a very weak alternative to just using a one hand or two handed weapon instead, especially considering they are overall not exactly the best choice when playing on foot.

All this comes from finding an awesome polearm last night that is really fun to use because it's not a typical polearm; the Rhomphalia... a 203 length, swinging weapon for 169 cut damage. Doesn't even have pierce on it. I mean, a lot of the polearm tree just doesn't even apply to this weapon. It can't couch, it doesn't stab, so it won't knock back, etc etc.
  8. Combat skills work together?

No offense, but none of you are doing a very good job of convincing me that you understand what I'm talking about, or, in fact, know what you're talking about.
  9. Combat skills work together?

They do not. Weapons with two modes improve the one currently used when landing hits, not both. There are no "compound modes" as "two-handed and polearm". The modes and relevant skills for a weapon are shown in the orange bar over the stats.
    I know that it doesn't raise both skills, I'm asking if, regardless of that, the two hand perks are still used for a polearm if it's being used as a two handed weapon.
  10. Combat skills work together?

Well, I been using a 2H polearm (voulge) and it hasn't leveled my 2H skill at all.
    Like I said, I get that part of it. If they work together though despite that would make sense and fix a problem I have with the polearm tree being rather useless overall.
  11. Combat skills work together?

Do combat skills work together when using a weapon of those types? Like two hand and polearm are both being used when you have a two handed polearm equipped? This may be obvious, but I didn't think of it until just last night. I guess it would make sense, but I assumed a polearm just used the...
  12. SP - General Return of village fiefs

Maybe a slight tweak to this idea is that if you do give a village to a family member or mercenary, the trade off for them beibg able to field a small army is that the village no longer gives you taxes. Instead it is given to the minor lord to fund their troop purchases and such. They could still produce trade resources and deliver them to the nearest town though.

A further expansion on the idea is that the minor lords can always be called to join your army and cost no influence to do so.
  13. SP - General Return of village fiefs

+1, Would be nice if they had a manor and some upgrades like the city, to decide what is produced in the village.
    Perhaps a variety of choices depending on the landscape. I would argue not every village should be able to produce ore, and the desert obviously wouldn't produce much wood. Certain villages should have a list of things they can reasonably produce.

Also, to expand on the manor, maybe you could choose one of your fiefs to be your home with special build options unique to that settlement.
  14. SP - General Return of village fiefs

Just wanna bump this and see if anyone else has some ideas. Trying to think about what else the minor lords could do. Since this is a medieval sandbox, more things like this couldn't hurt, especially since it was the weakest point of M&B1 and diplomacy was so popular.

Was kind of thinking that there could be a toggle for them so they either can or can't be captured. Since their troop count would be halved, they might end up getting killed or captured too often if bandits run amok.

I guess another solid benefit is that since there would be more lords, in general, running around, we would see a lot more large battles, which is always good.
  15. SP - General Return of village fiefs

I can understand why this was changed for simplicity, but I would like to see them come back. A system could be created where the leader of the faction hands out cities and castles, and the receiving clan could delegate the villages to their own family members or mercenaries. These minor lords...
  16. It has not been 8 years...

How am I bashing the game? :unsure: It's in a pretty good state for an EA game.

It's not speculation. Planned for 2016, comes out in 2020. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that something went wrong in between.
    The entire point of your posts implies that there is something wrong with the game, otherwise you wouldn't care that 4 more years went by, and you wouldn't keep saying they screwed up somehow.
  17. It has not been 8 years...

Interesting that you deduced that from me simply commenting on the fact that they planned to release it in 2016. What I think of the game is irrelevant in this discussion. There's a 4 year gap between planned release and actual release. They clearly ****ed up massively, either underestimating the task at hand or something else entirely.
    All you just did is say the exact same thing again, but with different words. You point out your opinion is irrelevant (which it is), and then proceed to bash both the game and TW with more unfounded speculation, that again serves no purpose whatsoever. That isn't constructive.
  18. SP - Battles & Sieges Non-polearm mounted combat is basically useless

There are many good weapons to choose from that are good on horseback, not just polearms. I've used many of them. We actually need some smaller polearms that are useful on foot with a shield, and the perk tree needs to be changed because there is a lot of useless stuff in it, such as more couch damage when couch already one shots everything even without the perks.

And I disagree that polearms should only be useful for horseback. Infantry in the high middle ages almost exclusively used polearms as battle transitioned from traditional tactics to gunpowder use, and there are many units in the game that use polearms. We just need some tweaking.
  19. Recent changes to tournaments and horses/loot are ridiculous

Good helmets almost never drop as loot. Tournaments were the source of all of the helmets that my companions are wearing.

Taleworlds should concentrate on finishing the game and not worry that people are making a tiny bit of gold from in game activities.
    There are plenty of helmets that were added with that recent item patch. I don't find many that drop either, but that's not really a problem when you start making money, which tournaments were hardly ever good for anyway.
Back
Top Bottom