Search results for query: *

1. FastWalrus

Lore debate thread

Alright, so, to get things started. We have been quite silent for few months. This has been due to a planning of a grand reboot of the whole RW mod  :party:. This new reboot's original intention was to lore-merge the Imperial Age and Blood and Steel mods' lores with Red Wars' lore. But due to a...
  2. FastWalrus

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hello, I was doing (or at the very least tried) a bank robbery and prison break script, but I ran into a few problems, yeah I'm not that great  :oops:

1. How could I set the requirements to do the action
    2. How could I trigger the rewards
    3. How could I load a scene with hostile troops?

Here's the code of the current code, from the module_game_menus.py

(
        "hostile_action_town",0,
        "What did you have in mind?.",
        "none",
        [
              (party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, 0),
              (neg|party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_village_infested_by_bandits, 1),
              (party_get_slot, ":merchant_troop", "$current_town", slot_town_elder),
              (assign, ":town_stores_not_empty", 0),
              (try_for_range, ":slot_no", num_equipment_kinds, max_inventory_items + num_equipment_kinds),
                (troop_get_inventory_slot, ":slot_item", ":merchant_troop", ":slot_no"),
                (ge, ":slot_item", 0),
                (assign, ":town_stores_not_empty", 1),
              (try_end),
              (eq, ":town_stores_not_empty", 1),
    ],

[
          ("bank_hostile",[],
          "Rob the bank.",
          [
    (jump_to_menu, "mnu_bank_hostile_action"),
            ]),
          ("breaking_prison_bad_action",[],
          "Break into the prison.",
          [
    (jump_to_menu, "mnu_breaking_prison_bad_action"),
            ]),
          ("back_to_town_menu",[],"Forget it.",
          [
              (jump_to_menu,"mnu_town"),
            ]),
        ]
      ),

(
        "bank_hostile_action",0,
        "How?.",
        "none",
        [
              (party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, 0),
              (neg|party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_village_infested_by_bandits, 1),
              (party_get_slot, ":merchant_troop", "$current_town", slot_town_elder),
              (assign, ":town_stores_not_empty", 0),
              (try_for_range, ":slot_no", num_equipment_kinds, max_inventory_items + num_equipment_kinds),
                (troop_get_inventory_slot, ":slot_item", ":merchant_troop", ":slot_no"),
                (ge, ":slot_item", 0),
                (assign, ":town_stores_not_empty", 1),
              (try_end),
              (eq, ":town_stores_not_empty", 1),
    ],

[
          ("crack_the_safe",[],
          "Crack the safe, requires 20 INT.",
          [
    (jump_to_menu, "mnu_crack_safe_confirm"),
            ]),
          ("blast_the_safe",[],
          "Blast the safe, requires dynamite.",
          [
    (jump_to_menu, "mnu_blast_safe_confirm"),
            ]),
          ("force_banker",[],
          "Force the banker to open the safe.",
          [
    (jump_to_menu, "mnu_force_banker_confirm"),
            ]),
          ("back_to_town_menu",[],"Forget it.",
          [
              (jump_to_menu,"mnu_town"),
            ]),
        ]
      ),
      (
        "breaking_prison_bad_action",0,
        "What action do you have in mind?",
        "none",
        [],
        [
          ("forget_it",[],
          "Forget it.",[(jump_to_menu,"mnu_town")]),
        ],
      ),

(
        "crack_safe_confirm",0,
        "You sure?",
        "none",
        [],

[
          ("yeah_sure_why_the_heck_not",[],
          "Yes.",
          []),

("forget_it",[],
        ],
      ),
      (
        "blast_safe_confirm",0,
        "You sure?",
        "none",
        [],

[
          "Yes.",
          []),

("forget_it",[],
        ],
      ),
      (
        "force_banker_confirm",0,
        "You sure?",
        "none",
        [],

[
          "Yes.",
          []),

("forget_it",[],
        ],
      ),

]

And here's the to do list

Prison break and Bank Robbery concept

Bank Robbery:

Every town has a bank you can rob, there are several ways you can do it:

Crack the safe - Requires 20 intelligence, will yield 10,000 - 25,000 crowns, will also have a 10 out of 100 percent chance to yield a special item.

Blast the safe - Requires a stick of dynamite in your inventory, will destroy 50 to 20 percent of the money, has a 10 percent chance of failing and injuring you.

Force Banker to open the safe - has a 60 percent chance of failing, will lower relations in the town you're in by 10, if failed, you will kill the banker and lose 20 relations with the town and faction.

Take hostages for ransom money - Can be done after you've broken the safe, can yield an extra 10,000 to 15,000 crowns, will lower relations with the faction and town you're in, has a 40 percent chance of failing, if failed you will massacre the hostages and will lose relations with all factions and the town you're in, will force you to wait 24 hours.

After you've finished robbing the bank, you will need to fight your way out of the town and kill all the police officers/make it to the exit. Once a bank has been robbed, you will need to wait a week for it to be re-opened.

Prison Break:

Every castle has a prison you can break into, you will be able to take any prisoners held in the stronghold. There are three ways to do it.

Bribe a guard - Will require you to pay 1,500 crowns to the prison guard to look away whilst you free the captives, has a 30 percent chance of failure which will result in a loss of relations with the faction in control.

Blast the prison walls - You must have 4 sticks of dynamite in your inventory, has a chance of injuring some of the captives, will lower your relations with the faction in control of the castle.

Stage a prison riot - Requires 10 charisma and strength, you will enter the fort scene and fight the guards, you will lose faction relations and 10 - 20 of the prisoners will be injured/killed.

Thank you in advance!
  3. FastWalrus

SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

Good that you think so, because I'll be re-doing all the UIs to fit the industrial era  :mrgreen:
  4. FastWalrus

SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

How do you guys like the new loading and main menu screens?  :cool:
    2e1d44566865c96addfd5192371301c1.png

067cfe8d23eb0d09dd83be5181fa28d6.png

3a41ad7b867c96e5b4d8389b5ae0a090.png
  5. FastWalrus

Council Chambers: Ideas & Suggestions

Emperor of Calradia said:
    FastWalrus

Thanks for respond.

By jokes I meant Vodka Men,vodka distillery "description.Haven`t seen everything.In same way you can make Nords to use Deers instead of horses (i already saw Mooses  :smile:,so that won`t surprise me.Youre choice ofcourse.

As for music.I`m not trying to insult modteam taste (or the person who choosed those songs),but they are poorly selected.Again RA3 theme!.Do person who choosed it understand the content of this song? It is good as funny song only,since it is horribly stereotypical.Few are from Fallout.Another bad idea.In general,fine songs,but only if you use them at the right place,and the right place in this situation would be outside game.1920s,communists.Don`t want to sound nerd,but again,Red Wars.Fallout is retrofuturistic U.S.,so we can`t argue that those kind of songs fit in game perfectly.
    Songs instead of soundtracks,in my opinion,is doomed idea.Will get annoying fast (that`s what happenned in my gametime).It is not radiostation,but tracks that you will hear everytime in battle etc.Out-of-place song song, that will be played hundreds of times,is kind of bad decision.I hope you will understand.

TBH there's only one Fallout song which is a tragic Piano Violin... but if you're referring to Blue Moon, it's NOT FROM FALLOUT, the Blue Moon is meant to be played only when you're in a Balionic city scene, but due to some mysterious bug X, it plays on random. Blue Moon is a classic Swing song by Frank Sinatra which perfectly fits to pseudo-American cities. I will not have further discussion about music since no-one agrees on your stance. Also Nords will not use deer if you're worried about that...
  6. FastWalrus

Emperor of Calradia said:
    Dare to say that nothing new found in this mod.So suggestion will be to add era-friendly tournaments and quests.Bar brawls from WF&S and something else.
    Buying any faction item in any country,is not cool either.
    Item stats can be better too.Equal factions.Hunting rifle is better than many weapons,but it is starting weapon.Other weapons should be better or something,to compensate this.Armor stats should not make such difference in Red Wars,like in Native.I can even suggest a crazy idea to remove protection from them,so we can equip armors just for look.Its not medieval mod,so fur hat and gloves won`t protect you from bullets.
    Better variety of items.Armors specifically.Combat armors are "outdated" choice and looks bad.I`m talking about Knight-alike black armor.Replacement for firefighters helmets  :grin: as mentioned by others too.
    Better interface (textures).
    No new factions (in future).I remember "laggs,if we can say so,with other mods.I think you should more concentrate on current factions.

In total would like to see better jokes,and more for non-Vaegir factions,since as far as i have have seen,Vaegirs are main object of jokes.Add comedian in recruitment page.Music is not well suited for gameplay.RA3 main theme is good only for menu.

I am also confused with things such as Whites.Wat? Manhunters replacement is not a good choice.Bad.What`s the point at all,its not realistic mod? The only logical choice for Whites,if we think about same Whites,is being sub faction.Make White claimant for the throne.Even better.Vaegirs should be White empire,and communist character should be claimant.Different flags and titles if possible.Since mod name is Red Wars,it is reasonable to add red revolution.

God bless Calradia,this mod have fast weapon reloads,unlike NW and most mods,so i don`t have to suggest reload speed.

Keep in mind that this mod is still in beta, which means that it's still WIP. Things like tournaments, bar brawls and quests aren't exactly needed right now, so they will be messed around later. It's funny that you mentioned buying any faction item from any faction merchant, because I fixed it in the newest hotfix. You can get it from here! Also I don't recall that the player would start with a hunting rifle, but we'll see. Also trust me, armor doesn't make a difference. Even though I play with the best possible armor I die from 3-5 bullets anyways, 1-2 if it hits the head. What are you talking about "better jokes"? And even though you don't seem to like the music, you're the only one to complain about it so far. Also whites are anti-communist rebels and manhunters haven't been replaced, they've been transformed to bounty hunters, which is pretty much the same thing. Whites are a sub-faction, they're not that developed yet.  White claimant would be cool, I'll maybe do it.
  7. FastWalrus

*Gasp*, what has been going on while I was gone? So many suggestions in so little time... What seems to be the problem?
  8. FastWalrus

Does anyone know what would be causing this and how to fix it?! This bug happens everytime a bullet hits the ground, I'd highly appreciated if anyone would know!
  9. FastWalrus

I also added the hotfix that effectively removes mooses in here
  10. FastWalrus

The Gulag: Bug Reports

PPQ_Purple said:
    Hi, I just registered here for the sole purpose of posting on this thread. This mod is great and all, easily my favorite. But the new upgrade, not so much.

Basically, I upgraded to 1.6 yesterday and since than have noticed that the new version is really unstable. My system used to run 1.5 just fine with basically no issues to note. I could play for hours on end and the thing would run smoothly. So I know its not a hardware issue on my end. And just to double confirm it I have tried dialing the graphics quality and other things (battle size, ragdolls etc.) down to basically 0. And that did nothing to stabilize the game at all.

This being said the problem I have is that the game seems to randomly lag up and go to a black screen during battles. I have had it trigger on conversation events (like the tutorial mission on which I am stuck thanks to this) but also just during regular fighting. But it only happens during combat. Traveling around on the world map, talking to companions or people in the inn and stuff all work fine. The music is still playing for what it's worth. And from the sounds in the background I get the impression that events are still happening but that for some reason they just aren't rendering. It's like the game is being overwhelmed. Some times pressing escape at the black screen and letting it settle helps. Most of the time it does not.

Now I have had this happened before with other mods. But only with the most extremely hardware intensive ones like Floris which try to load a million textures and stuff. So if I had to guess I'd say that somewhere in there the mod is getting it self into an infinite loop trying to load one thing or the other.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

PS. If there is a component to your mod that is buggy and is causing issues such as the horse aiming thing, why not just release an optional patch to dummy it out and replace it with old code that worked? Surely you still have the old code from 1.5 where all was fine.

PPS. A second minor bug report. In the original mod thread the Imperial Games link leads to a download of 1.5 and not 1.6. I had to use the ModDB link. Might want to update that.

Well I'm don't know about the lag or about the screen going black in battles, but it could be caused by new hd textures.  I might release a hotfix to remove the Ironsight, due to it being so buggy. Also download the latest version from here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,317727.0.html
  11. FastWalrus

National Archives: Old Downloads

From this thread you can download previous versions of The Red Wars. These versions are all outdated and no longer supported, and I wouldn't recommend them. But, hey, maybe you want to. The latest updates and patches can be found in the main thread, The Red Wars, Calradia 1923. Full Downloads...
  12. FastWalrus

The Gulag: Bug Reports

I know, it was mentioned in the Ironsight OSP, and it's been really annoying since I cannot fix it. I'll see the best that I can do. But for now, I personally just try not to aim on horseback.
  13. FastWalrus

I agree with GeneralBacon, I shouldn't be bothered to make a whole separate entity just for a simple dude's opinions about one troop and one item. But could you like say anything apart from the moose cavalry, that is so Red Alert territory, I have never played or watched Red Alert so I wouldn't know.
  14. FastWalrus

It's not from Red Alert... it's just that, a moose. Also the mooses will only be equipped by Albionic mercenaries and the mooses can only be bought in Albion. I didn't know that Red Alert also had mooses...
  15. FastWalrus

Classic Fatherland. Now I know.
  16. FastWalrus

Swazi Kommandant Scharfschutze and normal Scharfschutze OP

Well the difficulty makes it slightly easier for you, but not enough to wipe a stack of random troops, but anyhow all snipers will be nerfed in 1.6 beta.
  17. FastWalrus

Haha! One step ahead of you! I already implemented the ethnic warcries! Now if you start in Swadia, you yell German, if you start in Vaegir you yell Uraaa!, if you start in Khergit you yell something in Korean and so on. They also didn't yell angry German in 1.5 beta, the warcry used to be "PERKELE!" which is a finnish curse word.
  18. FastWalrus

Matiss_Veinbergs said:
    NapoleonIII said:

Gas + Dogs = Profit?, German Shepherds and Karelian Bear dogs would be pretty cool, but I don't know what to do with them. Making them mounts would be weird...
    As long as I don't have to buy the Gas from Russia I'd be glad to add it...
  19. FastWalrus

Hello, I've been wanting to add these two features into my mod for some time now, so how could I add...
    ...the option to talk to the Guild Master in town menu
    ...the option to change faction colors in-game?
    I've been looking for Tutorials/OSPs to add these two features, but have had no luck. Are there any tutorials or OSP to add either of these?
    Thank you!
  20. FastWalrus

Alright, guys since 1.6 will be released soon, how about ya'll share your opinions about what you want in the 1.7 beta?
Back
Top Bottom