Search results for query: *

• Users: mtarini
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. New Version soon? Bannerlord? plans

Hello everybody As many must have noticed, there's been a lack of updates and advancements for OpenBRF in the last two years, and even of maintenance (fixing of newly reported bugs). This is due to a combination of factors: RL, and the more-or-less complete status of this project for...
  2. Long time no see!

Hello!!! How's everybody? I've been more or less absent for... whoa, almost a year! It wasn't like I decided it to be that way. More just that, you know, it just so happened... RL and stuff. No specific reason. Anyway, I never considered the OpenBRF to be dead, in case anyone is wondering...
  3. A cool new carry-position (if in-game carry-positions were customizable)

If in-game carry-positions were customizable (which they aren't), i would consider using this one, for a class of large axes: I.e just carry it around, in the left hand, in balance near their cutting end. It looks very natural to me. Animated version here (121 Kb) That one might look nice...
  4. B Tutorial Shader Minitutorial: adding a shader in game

Please note: this tutorial assumes you know what a shader is and how to write your own, either in HLSL or in ARB fragment program. If that's not the case, there are plenty of tutorials on the web. Much more so in GLSL than in HLSL, but the two language are very similar and what you learn in one...
  5. B Info Other MiniTailMod: a Case Study about Extra Bones in Skeletons V 4.0

Short story: I made a little test about adding bones to skeletons, and it works real nice. I'm sharing it, so that any other modder can reproduce it. No python source code is needed: this mod only modifies BRF files of Native (plus skeleton_bodies.xml). So, introducing... MiniTailMod What...
  6. B Tutorial Other Minitutorial: hit-boxes manipulation in OpenBRF

Background What are Hit-boxes? Hit-boxes in M&B are little balloons around each bone of a moving character used by the game to understand if something hit that part of the body, and, by extension, that character. A character, independently by its apparent size and look, is hit just if an only...
  7. Hitboxes preview

Next version will let you see hitboxes as defined in Data/SkeletonBodies.xml ... In case you are curious, here are the hitboxes native game uses for human and horses!
  8. About the long silence (and: TLD is out!)

Apologies for the long silence. Last OpenBRF update is quite old. First, real life, then, The Last Day mod (which is the main reason why I even started OpenBRF) was absorbing so much energy, for its first pre-beta release. BTW, now it is out! Check it out if you didn't already...
  9. Bug reports

A thread to report bugs!
  10. Translations! (contribute one?)

OpenBRF translations thread! (contribute one?) If you want to contribute a translation in your language you can use QT-Linguist (a manual online here). To add a new translation, start from the English base version: English (base): [openbrf_en.ts]  (OpenBRF ver. 0.0.82b) To update an...
  11. FAQ and Troubleshooting

FAQ & troubleshooting: Your question is not answered here? Post it! BASIC USAGE: to access most functions you must select the object you want to act on (e.g. a mesh), clicking it on the list at the left, and then: either right click on it; or, use the "selected" menu option. Then select the...
  12. Shaders in OpenBRF and ingame (for previews)

Background: OpenBRF uses OpenGL, while the game (all versions, M&B 1.01, WB, wFaS...) uses Direct3D. So it is not straightforward for OpenBRF to emulate the shaders used by the game, and to show exactly what you'll see in-game. However, OpenBRF tries to guess what the game will do and to...
  13. Suggestions/requests thread -- post yours here

This is the suggestions/requests thread. OpenBRF is used by different modders in different ways. Often possible features of great potential usefulness are very easy to add, only I didn't know or didn't think about them.  So just post your ideas here.
  14. Update log [latest version: 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Update log:    ver 0.0.82 -- "revive and polish" release (5 Jun 2016)  [additional notes] 1- fixed many bugs & polished various things & hi-res (4K screen) compatibility 2- option to use auto-computed tangent dirs to preview bumpmap, when they are missing (mimicking what the game does) 3-...
  15. FAQ: textures not found (white-blue checkerboard patter): how to fix?

When OpenBRF displays a blue and white checkerboard pattern, it is because, for one reason or another, it cannot load the dds textures. Possible reasons include: the dds file is missing, e.g. due to name mispelling. the material cannot be found. A mesh uses a material, a material uses a dds...
  16. Warband resource files now editable with OpenBrf!

Hello all! this is just to say that a few weeks ago I extended OpenBrf (link, a tool to edit and display resource files), to understand warband resource files (.brf) too. Of course, it is too early to talk about warband modding, so this can be considered a little premature, but too soon is...
  17. Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

Here is a tool I'm building with The Last Day module in mind (you know, the Lord of the Ring based one). I was developing it inside that community, but why not share here. It is meant to be used to preview and edit BRF files (Binary Resource Files), i.e. most content of the game (e.g. meshes and...
  18. Improving LOD management: a practical approach

It is great to have Level Of Detail (LOD) in M&B, but it can be improved much with a little effort from the devs. Simply, the threshold values (the ones determining which LOD is to be used in a given moment) should be dynamically increased/decreased according to current FPS. In other words, if...
  19. does anyone else have problems propagating M&B?

preamble: M&B = GOOD I myself suspect that M&B is the result of the application of obscure "game-designer cheats": they probably just pulled up the stats for "addictiveness" "fun" "replayability" "quality" way over the allowed limits. Seriously, I've been playing it a lot, I mean it: A LOT and...
  20. source code, or: suggeston for an "implemented suggestions" forum.

Sorry if this has been debated before, I could not find anything. Here: from time to time, I really wish I could play with the source code. There are many reasons not to go open-source. I understand that. - it would conflict with the struggle against piracy (makes very easy to distribute a...
Back
Top Bottom