Search results for query: *

1. Papa Lazarou

Coders sought for melee combat game prototype

Hello everyone, I am looking for a coder to help with a small project that my brother and I are working on. We want to develop a prototype of some mechanics suitable for a hand-to-hand combat game. The system we wish to test covers armed hand-to-hand combat between two or more fighters. The...
  2. Papa Lazarou

Coders sought for melee combat game prototype

Hello everyone, I am looking for a coder to help with a small project that my brother and I are working on. We want to develop a prototype of some mechanics suitable for a hand-to-hand combat game. (I know this is a modding forum, but I thought I'd get better responses here and I've cleared it...
  3. Papa Lazarou

For the Veterans: Turkic Warband

This is how I will be playing Warband from now on. The way it was supposed to be.
  4. Papa Lazarou

OSP Animations Animations for the community - Shield bash animation released!

I would like to make a few animations for the general use of the community. This thread is for suggesting animations for me to make, and for fleshing out the design of those animations. Please let me know here the animations that you think would benefit the community the most! I'm particularly...
  5. Papa Lazarou

There's more to gameplay than game-balance

And I think the other things are more important. I'll go zerk here and say that actually very rare that anyone makes a complaint that is purely about balance. The way something happens can be more important than the fact that it happened in the first place. For example, most people say "the...
  6. Papa Lazarou

B Other Combat Animation Enhancement - Fifth Release with Trailer 15/11/10

Information This is the latest release of my on-going mod project. With this mod I hope to make combat look more natural without making large mechanical changes. I especially want to improve the transitions between different animations - from blocks to attacks, and from one attack to another...
  7. Papa Lazarou

Reduce arc of shield coverage against melee attacks

As you can see from the pictures in this thread, shield coverage is too wide. Furthermore, about 75% of voters voted to reduce horizontal shield coverage against melee attacks. To quote myself:     "I'd like to see horizontal shield coverage reduced so that it matches the shield models more...
  8. Papa Lazarou

Shield coverage is too wide. Please read before voting.

Shield coverage to the sides is too great, especially against melee attacks. Q. In which of the following pictures could the attacker strike past the shield? A. I know the argument is that this represents the character moving the shield to intercept attacks. I think that's fine for...
  9. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestion] Make the two-handed spear thrust travel in a straight line

Right now the point doesn't face the target, and the thrust itself curves outward before striking. This is a problem, since a curve makes it difficult to aim precision thrusts in group combat or against cavalry. I should be able to thrust forwards without hitting my teammate standing in front...
  10. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestion] Reform the poll system

Poll system needs a change. Two problems off the top of my head -  polls wait for all players to vote before result is announced, and only one person is needed to start one. The first problem is easy to solve - just have the poll result kick in as soon as the critical number of votes (e.g., a...
  11. Papa Lazarou

[Pseudobug] Stuttering animations when attacking while moving

Video of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjRi27Xn0d8 Basically, if you're strafing while you attack, the attack animations will stutter. The stuttering depends on the attack used, the rate of attacking, the weapon type, and the direction of movement. To see this problem, just strafe...
  12. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestion] Some refinements for default loadouts

Just a quick suggestion. Some of the default loadouts seem a bit odd. For one thing, polearms given by default should be in the first slot I think, so that the character spawns holding the primary weapon, instead of having it on his/her back. Also, the default loadout for the Nord Footman has 2...
  13. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestion] Combat tutorials: Teach the player instead of just testing them

At the moment, the combat tutorial seems to test the player more than it teaches them. I have some suggestions for new tutorials which would reliably and easily teach players to defend themselves, and give them a better overall picture of melee combat. Teaching players to block manually I've...
  14. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestion] Allow more weapons to thrust

Pretty simple - more weapons should be able to thrust. Sabres and scimitars should certainly be able to thrust, and possibly all weapons should have some sort of thrusting or jabbing attack. It's a bit annoying lacking a thrust attack/riposte when armed with a (very pointy) curved sword.
  15. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestion] Refine parries and ripostes, consider adding counter-cuts

I finally got around to learning to perform ripostes, and I'd say they seem to have good potential. So, I’ve come up with some ideas for prettying up the ripostes and for possibly introducing counter-cuts. By “riposte” I mean the counter attacks we have in-game at the moment, where particular...
  16. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestion] Implement sweetspots, improve block crushing and remove stun

I think defender stun (after blocking a heavy attack) is a fairly poor mechanic, and would be completely obsolete if sweetspots and proper block crushing were implemented. I believe sweetspots (having attack power depend on which bit of the weapon makes contact) have widespread support, and...
  17. Papa Lazarou

B Tutorial Animation No Assumed Skill: Making and Implementing Your Own Animations

This is a tutorial which aims to tell readers how to make new animations and get them working in-game. The tutorial was written for version 1.011 of the original Mount & Blade, but the process will also work for the Warband expansion. I don't pretend that my methods are the best, but if you...
  18. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestion] Ready and Block Positions - In-game Pictures of Suggested New Poses

New one-handed ready positions are in the first post. New two-handed polearm ready positions are in this post, on the first page. New one-handed thrust for spears (and possibly swords) in this post, on the first page. New two-handed polearm thrust ready positions in this post, on the second...
  19. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestion] Animation - Fix the strangeness with the hips and shoulders

Right now, the hips and shoulders move independently of each other. The hips face whichever direction you're moving in, and the shoulders move according to attacks and blocks - resulting in anatomically impossible positions (and making the mesh go funny). Here's some pictures of what I'm...
  20. Papa Lazarou

[Suggestions] Minor changes to overhead and thrust attacks

I haven't played extensively on the latest version, but I expect these problems are still around. The overhead attack: People complained that it was worthless (too slow, easily avoided, no redeeming features). Apparently, to resolve this, the overhead is now the only attack that can crush...
Back
Top Bottom