Search results for query: *

1. Knüppel

MP Native [Update 1] Persistent Realms - Bannerlord Role-Play.

Piconi said:
    It`s very unfair to leave out BOTH Sturgian and Battanian town out when they are all so close together.
    My toughts are that each faction should at least have 1 town, being so close, and the number of rest of the settlements doesen`t matter that much . . .

dw we can still rp conquering it and colonize it with our own peasants of our desired culture :party:

flavberg said:
    The more servers, the better, I say. Bannerlord is young and it will have plenty of people playing it, so there is really no need to worry about servers splitting things up, at least not prematurely. I wish Captain Obvious good luck with his project.
    Amen to that. There no pie even yet to fight over, for starters.
    Not to mention various mods will allow us as players totally different experiences in terms of the playstyle.

elcapo29 said:
    So I like the idea of an RP, but some of them I saw on WB servers seemed to just go nowhere. Hardly any wars, duels, or confrontations. Just a couple of RPers and a bunch of other people that seemed to have lost all sanity.
    Dire Straits can happen in any rp scenario. I generally agree, though. Roleplay that caters to a bigger crowd usually lives off conflict people can pick sides in- and there's simply nothing to create conflict like a good war.
    That's why I loved to play both wrp and PW so much- the wars we orchestrated there put anything samp offered to shame, even if we had 3 times as many player slots filled on servers there compared to warband at the best times.
    Simply because M&B offered us a really decent combat engine that enabled both fighting without being frustrating for everyone due to desnyc issues, as well as thrilling duels between equally skilled players.
  2. Knüppel

MP Multiplayer Class System

DanAngleland said:
    If you think about it, that's not realistic. The most that were ever playing multiplayer on any given day would have been a few thousand (and I noticed that the server populations dropped significantly after 3 months or so), and if that had ever been more than were playing single player then Taleworlds would not have had the millions of sales in the M&B franchise that they have had. You went on to talk about mods in your post, but have you never looked at the threads for all the singleplayer mods? They vastly outnumber the multiplayer mods and it is clear from the number and content of posts how popular many of them are/have been.

I can't provide statistics to compare, but I've made people mine iron for thousands of hours. After all back in 2010 when Taleworlds had not the mentioned massive marketing measures they do these days, mp was the new thing to do while singleplayer was already "old" for those having played M&B before, such as me.
    Don't get me wrong, I played warband sp too. I also know one person that bought the game on xbox and plays singleplayer up to day.

What I am talking about is game potential, mostly, and I am highly concerned it seems that multiplayer is being neglected in favour of half-baked stuff like Captain Modes. Might just be me, but battling bots will never have the same thrill as fighting real people whose actions and movements I can maybe anticipate, but never calculate. And don't even get me started on the interactive part of mp settings- refering to the iron mining again. It's not like I had had measures to force people to do that, it just was apparently enjoyable. Same goes for warfare, commanding bots just feels dull once you had to deal with heros in a line that was supposed to hold, or deserters.
    And while all that can get modded in, the more crap is packed on the vanilla game that's useless, the more work modders will have to put in.

And don't get me wrong, I personally still have perfect hopes this game will work out just nicely, ideally with modding tools so easy to access we'll have interesting mods even quicker then back in 2010-11 with the warband release.
    But regardless this it cannot hurt to mention that what did the marketing for Warband's sales was the 97% rating on steam, and play modes like SP or Captain lack the ability to tie people to the game for long term- at least in nowaday's time where there's thousands of potential playmates available at any given time via the internet.

Captain is the classic mode to fancy people for five minutes- gives an army of bots right away as disposal, without any of the preparation time both a singleplayer-campaign as well as a multiplayer-mod-army need to be formed, equipped etc.
    It's not worth bothering with unless a game already has wasted it's mp potential and is getting outdated and the mp servers lack appeal. That's why this mode was perfectly fitting in VC. It should not be the focus for the new game, however. If anything it should be kept back for those who still want to lead armies online when there's no one anymore to form this armies. Granted, maybe Bannerlord is already foru years late and Captain Mode will be what it needs, I personally though, as mentioned, still have big hopes.
  3. Knüppel

Al-Mansūr said:
    Am I the only one who immediately understood Warband MP system..?

I can't help it but I cannot imagine that in the 2010-12 aera, thus after the immediate launch of Warband with MP support, singleplayer was the most played mode.
    Callum's data most likely stems from post 2014 when a broad majority of "pubs" such as me stopped playing warband, the MP community had less active servers and thus became less attractive for new players in general.

Granted, even I contributed to these statistics, the last time I opened warband I just played a little sp. But saying in 2018 or 19 that "Warband's mp is not attractive" is quite correct, but only because the game is outdated by now and lacking the appeal it had in 2011, when there were plenty of active clans maintaining own servers for duel, dm, siege, roleplay or all of that combined.

Last but not least the mods- granted, we got amazing sp modificiations for warband too, but the real deal were mp mods. PW for instance might never have been competitive, but we rarely had troubles filling the 200 player slots from 2011 to 14. Not to speak of NW, which also did not directly start as sp mod.
    But yeah that's just me preaching I guess
  4. Knüppel

Gibby Jr said:
    I'm not flaming TW, it's fine if they have their own vision for how to improve the game, but certainly I don't understand their pursuit of certain wildly unpopular features.

I do understand he hid that wall of text in a non public forum hoping no one would actually ever read it, though.

But hey at least I can spend "rings" on becoming a flying brick and have my death deal major blows to my team. Without a shield even! Someone clearly put thought into that topic a lot.

Also good to know that "knight" is now a specific term to describe only one faction's heavy cav unit. I'd certainly mixed that up.

Class based system is easier to balance. You can compare similar classes with each other, and match 2 different classes to see how they fare generally. Also analytic data makes much more sense when you have classes. Also about unused under-powered perks we will update them when we have enough analytical data. Eg. Legionaries ALMOST ALWAYS pick heavy armor.

Gotta pick this out with a quote as it's too hilarious (or would be if I was not interested in playing this game). The design concept is based on later balancing things out once "data is collected"? Seriously, by now I am gnawing at my finger's bones, no nails or flesh left.

Also each culture has 2 better classes, 1 weaker class. By better I mean more bang for your bucks. Compared to its cost the unit has slightly better setup compared to its peers. Weaker means slightly more expensive than it should be. I won't be revealing which units for each culture but some of you already discovered them. Heard someone saying "Aserai has better light troops as Vlandians have better heavy troops I like it." It was exactly what we wanted to achieve

Last but not least this.
    Old class system too confusing for new players who don't know what to select to succeed.
    A designed trap with a loser class will certainly help new players a lot /sarcasm

5. Knüppel

Can we run around naked in MP ?

Lord Brutus said:
    No one is pretending to be God except the folks responding to me in this thread.  What's your angle in all this?  Do you want to run around naked?

I had a custom mod for gilded silk garnments in Warband why you have to take this off me  :facepalm:
  6. Knüppel

Where the hell does Taleworlds hire developers who bring in a mindset that appealing to gold fish minds will bring profit?

Just a reminder, dear developers, these kids with a short attention span won't be playing your game for 1000 hours regardless of how easy to grasp you make it, because they have short attention spans.
    Bannerlord should be the wrong game for such people, not trying to fish bypassers from fortnite crowds, imho.
  7. Knüppel

Anti-cheating on multiplayer

Noudelle said:
    I was never aware that cheating was actually an issue in Warband. I retract what I said.

I also never thought anyone would possibly steal an account of mine in a game I play as a hobby to sell my e-money for irl canadian dollar and make a living (poor, but still) out of it! Expect the unexpected.
    On a related sidenote, if it's not as bad as Viking Conquest with everyone dancing, it can't be that bad right :fruity:
  8. Knüppel

It seems like recent medieval games are generating a following of undesirables

Only fascists could seriously bother with the digital skin colour their opponent wears under a pixel'd flat topped helmet and feel discriminated because the head they bash in is not their own irl skin colour.
    On a sidenote, thank talewords for M&B not being some "historical" garbage to begin with, but it's own game, with black skins too so I can have realistic non-slavic slaves ic so people can play blacks if they want to.

Further, I am not that bit concerned about Bannerlord for the following reasons:

-Rule enforcement ingame will be up to server hosts, allowing flexible applications of rulesets (keep in mind we talk of Nazis here, an absolute dictatorship in the form of a banhammer is all they really understand, so it's morally more than just legit to use this, specially in regards of people who argue that whatever they say is totally in compliance with all rules. Pro tip, it isn't, almost every rule set regardless if for a forum, ingame server or other medium also includes "Common courtesy", btw).

-Servers operated by nazis and displaying huge swastika formed castles or other "creative work" are possible within the game engine (and have been made in warband before), but for obvious reasons never became so popular people would actually care. Imho, we can very well leave it this way.

-M&B already had black skin in its original version. Thus, it won't be catering to this kind of players anyway as much as Mordhau does. Psychologically speaking, the kind of people that seriously lobby against black skin in their game should be super happy they at least get to virtually bash in foreigner's heads, but then again, nazis never were known to be particularly smart, so they're short-viewed and just complain about blacks and other non whites "infiltrating" their "clean" virtual whites-only digital environment.

tl;dr,
    Whites only games sound like they could have sold well in the 50's in North America, but that's been a while.
  9. Knüppel

Bannerlord closed beta

Orion said:
    Not all closed betas operate on sign-ups. Some of them are invitation-only, at least for a while, and this one is apparently in that stage as I don't see any place where Unity could have signed up. :razz:

I might be picky on words here but technically, an open (<--- !!) application process would make it an -> open beta, not a closed one. :shifty:

Roccoflipside said:
    "I have the last game and I need a key for the beta"

"I had last fix of heroin while ago, need money for more " is about as strong an argument :fruity:
  10. Knüppel

Not a good time to be a sequel

"Mordhau so great I came to taleworlds forum about Bannerlord not out yet"
    :shifty:
  11. Knüppel

[Unofficial] Closed Beta Application: Fun thread

Lord Brutus said:
    It's amazing to me how many people reply to an obvious troll thread like it had some significance.  :facepalm:
    Orion said:
    Leaving it open for the memes, though. :lol:

Who dareth deny the impoatance in this ohaiit's Brutus yeah i actually read it up there you look hm  :fruity:
  12. Knüppel

Can we become a farmer before battle?

No worries there'sgonna be enough pickaxes for everyone to mine iron :fruity:
  13. Knüppel

Is it possible to introduce more meaningful relationships with Companions?

I heard from a very reliable source that more meaningful relationships with companions are on the to do list right after more meaningful content on Callum's reddit
  14. Knüppel

OurGloriousLeader said:
    haha I am actually in this pic:

GPPN16e.jpg

fun times  :iamamoron:
  15. Knüppel

Ability to Eat Food during Feasts

Comparison: Rich feasting table-poor feasting table

5f363a820f7583696eeab8f530cc5970.jpg

9171e6c88424a6d2c6566bc92441c9ea.jpg
  16. Knüppel

Name: knppel
    Reason: Character Party size (see below)
    91da150f2520eb6232922ca687ae9c1a.jpg
    Accept me or else: I'll raid your servers and start to roleplay everywhere with an army big enough to enforce rules to my liking :party:
  17. Knüppel

A big elephant (also, religion in the game)

Let me clarify what I meant with "A secular game by core":
    Warband simply did not overvalue religion. It didn't matter if your burned that village out of being a cruel *******, in the name of the Maker (Warband's lore god for those who never read the dialogues), or because of economic dictate forcing you to.
    I couldn't care less for flavour design or how offensive religions are scripted, but when people ask for religion in a game such as this, the only background thought is that Religion A should give this and that perk, and ideally more religions giving other perks and so on, and Bannerlord doesn't need that.
    Forcing the players into a fixed interpretation of religion opposed to let everyone do their own thing in a sandbox is certainly not encouraging creativity.
  18. Knüppel

A big elephant (also, religion in the game)

It being secular in core design was one of the biggest pro's of Mount&Blade. Don't change it.
    Also disappointed thought this was about riding big elephants ig
  19. Knüppel

Banner-lord has some issues...

I was a dedicated sp player before Taleworlds brought Warband and gave us a mp option
    Can't wait for it :party:
    I get some younger folks here might have missed the stage but we did all that simulative stuff in mp too , just completely without bots and every peasant to recruit for a Lord's army being a real player.
    Am (still) happy taleworlds is not wasting resources on a co-op campaign for 2-5 people, it's so much more fun with 200.
  20. Knüppel

Miss The old Community.

Easter Cow said:
    Sir Edwards said:
    Scripts ruined the feels :/

They did indeed.

Warned y'all but nooo we wanna spawn with armour and money
Back
Top Bottom