Search results for query: *

1. SP Native TML Tweaks Mod - various fixes and tweaks. Fully configurable. For 1.5.4

It's all in code. It requires a mod like mine to modify them. What I did was copy the ComputeRawDamageNew function from TaleWorlds.Core.CombatStatCalculator and use a Harmony prefix patch to replace the function with my own, which uses the variables that are set in the settings for the mod. It's how most modders are modding Bannerlord, since most of the stuff is in the game's dlls and isn't exposed in an ini or text file. https://github.com/pardeike/Harmony

With my mod it's simple enough to change them, if you're using the standalone version you just change them in the config file. If the MCM version you go into the in-game settings menu and adjust them. It actually doesn't even require a game restart if you adjust them with the MCM.

If someone wanted to do more than what my mod does and rewrite the function completely, they would have to make a similar mod to replace it with their own values. It's not hard, but it does require a bit of knowledge and some tools.
  2. SP Native TML Tweaks Mod - various fixes and tweaks. Fully configurable. For 1.5.4

It is a bit weak, especially against blunt weapons. The tournament arrows (blunt damage) are especially painful for armored troops.

Added a new version with a few new features. Chief among them is a new freeform character creation that lets you assign starting attribute/focus points without regard for what background you set.
  3. SP Native TML Tweaks Mod - various fixes and tweaks. Fully configurable. For 1.5.4

Updated for version 1.5.4. Requires editing a Config.xml file since the Mod Config Menu isn't updated yet.
  4. SP Native TML Tweaks Mod - various fixes and tweaks. Fully configurable. For 1.5.4

Thanks. I forgot what the title even was, but he added it back haha.

New version up with some new features.
  5. Custom Titles

I forget exactly what mine was. It was added when I was doing all the tweaks and text edits, heh. Having it back would be cool, though.
  6. Game 'finished' in realistic, feedback and suggestions

Viking Conquest was done by a different team. I would be very surprised if the base Bannerlord game suddenly started incorporating stuff from Brytenwalda or Viking Conquest.

It would be cool if the Brytenwalda team made something for Bannerlord, though.
  7. SP Native TML Tweaks Mod - various fixes and tweaks. Fully configurable. For 1.5.4

Thanks! It has been a while. Got busy with life. But being laid off with the Covid thing and Bannerlord being released at the same time is a pretty big incentive to come back, lol. Seems I lost all the little forum thingies they had given me in the old forum, though. Too bad, hah.
  8. SP Native TML Tweaks Mod - various fixes and tweaks. Fully configurable. For 1.5.4

Download on Nexus Mods This mod includes the following options, all disabled by default: Character Tweaks: Double focus points per level. Set the # of levels per attribute point. 2 = one every two levels. Smithing Tweaks: New slightly more efficient bulk refining formulas and adds some...
  9. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Thanks all. Still pretty busy here, but I'm finding time to read forums again.  :wink:

zchmrkenhoff said:
    How did you fix the supply wagon issue? I'd like to fix it but not necessarily download this submod.

My issue with the supply wagon is here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=259367.new#new

That was caused by a simple oversight with having two constants use the same number. You just have to change them to be different in module_constants.py and recompile the mod. They are spt_player_loot_wagon and dplmc_spt_gift_caravan. They are both set to 21 in Brytenwalda 1.40, I just added a zero to the loot wagon one making it 210.

10. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Just letting you all know I won't be working on the mod anymore, at least for a while. My mother passed away suddenly on the 5th, and I've been busy with everything related to that and helping out my dad since then. Haven't really had the time or been in the mood for modding anything, and I'm not sure when I will.

So the submod will be on an indefinite hold until further notice. If anyone wants to use any of my changes, piecemeal or as a whole, to make their own mod of Brytenwalda - feel free to do so.

God bless, and I wish you all a merry Christmas.
  11. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

FALX said:
    Will you give me an  source  files  = 1.21  versions  ?  Please.

Oh, sure. I was thinking I had replaced the 1.20 one with it. Edited the OP.

Also, for the source, you'll still need the map.txt file from the mod download. Didn't think to put it in with the source files since it's not a python file.
  12. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

That's probably about it for a while now, unless more issues crop up. I try to keep from breaking save compatibility though, I still have a save from my version 1.0 and it seems to work fine.
  13. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Ha! I found a funny bug. Header_skills has foraging as skill 21 and looting as skill 22, but in the actual skill list someone has swapped them without changing the header file. Now most of the references to looting or foraging use the reference to the skills file, but some reference the header file's definition (the "" makes all the difference).

There are only two areas where the skills actually are switched due to this:

Character creation. All the chars that are supposed to get foraging get looting and vice versa.
    Fishing - when at sea there's a trigger that is supposed to use the player's foraging skill to catch fish. It actually uses the player's looting skill.

Now excuse me while my merchant, who is suspiciously good at looting for an upstanding merchant, buys a boat and sets sail for fish looting.

Loot the sea!  :lol:
  14. List of possible skill bonuses

You get 1 morale every 48 hours with 30+ unwounded soldier wives. If they're wounded they don't count, and any less than 30 doesn't count.

Not really worth it imo :smile:

I cheated and read the source for the bonuses.  :lol:

Women and the Woden priests are +1 for 20, +2 for 40, and +3 for 70 - this adds all of the diff types together.
    8+ caravan masters gives +3 trade, 5 is 2.
    Hornmen you need 30 for the +3, but +2 is only 10.
    Slaver chief is 1, 5, and 10 troops for 1, 2, and 3 looting skill.
    Shepherds are 1, 20, and 40 for foraging 1, 2, 3.
    Cantaber Iuventus give give tracking, but I don't think I've actually seen that troop in the game.
    Spies add spotting, but the script seems bugged on that one so that they only give you +2 when you have 11+ of them and don't ever give +1.
    Gwas Ys Tafell and the other faction equivalent troops (big list of em, I believe they come with hornmen when they join you, saxons are Tacnberend) give you leadership, 1 for every 10 up to 3 - I've never gotten more than one of those though.
    The cleric troops give first aid skill, 1 for every 10 up to 3.
  15. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Well I went ahead and uploaded my changes. I tried various ways to get the infantry to fight better in formation, but simply ordering the infantry to hold fire and charge when the enemy is near (any enemy within 8 meters, enemy infantry or archer formation center within 15 meters) seems to be giving the best effect. They move across the field in formation, throwing weapons and such while approaching or facing off against each other, then swap to melee weapons and charge in.

I did the hold fire part because otherwise the charge AI was making half of them rush in and the other half stand back holding throwing weapons trying to get an angle to throw them between the other half to hit the enemies. And the charging infantry kept getting in their way, so the total effect was half the infantry rushed to battle and the other half stood back like "So, are we charging now? Is that what we're doing? I'm confused."

Let me know what you guys think. I ran various test battles and it seemed to work ok, but I'm sure it still has its issues since all I'm really doing is disabling all that fancy infantry formation AI that Motomataru spent so much time on every time the infantry start fighting. Well, not ALL of it - I situated it so that they still fall back to reform if they get really spread out (mostly when reinforcements arrive).
  16. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Pacific_Salmon: Now there's a wish list, hah. Let's see...

1. This works a little better with the troops in lines and issuing a charge order once they're close (doing it in next version). This way the lords join in the fight among their troops.

2. Haven't even really tried working on sieges yet. Making AI that works well in sieges is a difficult thing. I might take a look at it later and see if I can do anything, but I'm not very experienced in making AI for M&B. So far my edits to the formations script are 1) simply removing a limitation that was added (commented out a couple lines, heh) and 2) adding in a check that says if enemies are close by, issue charge order. Not all that complex, and I'm probably 'dumbing down' the AI a bit since I'm effectively overriding the infantry formation AI when they get in close, but the formation AI wasn't working so well in large scale infantry battles anyway. They still keep to their formations up until they get to the charge, and it keeps them together so that when they do start charging they're a cohesive unit - but they can get scattered out a bit during the actual fighting if given a charge order, and other than having them reform the line every couple seconds (which is what it does now) I'm not sure how to keep them together throughout the fight.

3. I've seen that too, not sure what causes it. If I knew what was causing it I might be able to fix it, but I wouldn't really know where to start looking. I've never even tried altering the combat AI before.

4. I haven't looked into the cavalry AI yet. Haven't really set up any good cavalry battles to see what they're doing. When I get around to it I'll set up some cav battles and get an idea of what they're doing and if I see issues try to fix it.

6. Surgery skill doesn't affect enemy teams at all. Any enemy troop killed with pierce/cut damage in a battle is automatically removed from the enemy party. Friendlies (allies and your own troops) are the only ones who even benefit from surgery. It's a limitation of the standard M&B game. I did a bit of code to work around it, though - my realistic casualties fix has the game change 1/3 of the enemy casualties from killed to wounded after the battle is over while it's calculating the casualties for display. It adds wounded troops back to the parties that lost them, although that will only matter if the player loses the battle. If you win you get them as prisoners, so it doesn't help the enemy lord that his troops survived as your prisoners. If you lose though, or are forced to retreat, 1/3 of the enemy troops will be placed back into the party as wounded. I could up this to half or two fifths or whatever if you guys think more than 1/3 should survive.

8. I've seen it happen a few times. Could be something to do with shoot speed of the heavier throwing weapons? They don't always throw into the ground, though - In my testing I saw a few throwing axes get chucked into the enemy archers while the infantry were advancing on them. I'll have to play around with it later and see how often it happens and if the low shoot speed is to blame.

5 and 7 are both just adding new content. It can definitely be done, but before I get to doing that I'll be working out the kinks of regular game play. Having some extra quests might be fun, though - every mod could use new content  :smile:

Seve82 said:
    The line battles are awesome. Tho in my experience the lines tend to move in quite slowly as if they were waiting for me to make the fist move towards the enemy which would lead me to become hedgehog of arrows sticking from my way overkilled char :lol:. All I really try to do is to stay on fringes and backstab or shoot arrows at big enemy concentrations hoping to get some hits.

I think that in line battles troops should stick closer to each other. I tend to use stand closer once or twice to form my shield walls tho it might be preference thing.

Part of messing with the formations has the troops a little bit closer together, and once they get in close they break formation and charge. It seems to work better to me, although I'll leave that up to you guys once I release my next version. I pretty much have it finalized now, just playing with a few other things before I release a new version.

I also went ahead and incorporated that polished map into my next version. I added a trigger to move all the parties into position if you are using an old save game, so it's mostly compatible. Only issue is I don't know how to rotate parties on the world map, so the rotation of rath celtair and some of the bridges isn't quite right if you load a save from a previous version. If anyone knows how to rotate parties on the world map I could add that in too, but it isn't really that big of a deal - you can still cross the bridges, a few of them just look a bit odd being turned the wrong way.

Hopefully the author of polished map doesn't mind me slapping his work into my mod. I sent him a message about it and am going to credit him, but I kind of jumped the gun and did it already haha :smile:
  17. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Never really tried that one. Looks nice, though.

Is the source parties.py file for that anywhere? Don't see it in his main download. I haven't actually changed the parties file, so I could just modify his map to have the elevation changes and use his parties files on top of this mod. But every time I re-compile it I'd have to remember to overwrite the newly generated parties file with his, and I'd inevitably forget to include it in an update heh. If I could just add it to the source it'd be easier.

Just got back from my Monday gym trip and I'm feeling like modding some more. Making a bit of progress on the infantry battle formations. Now I have them charging when they get close to the enemy formation or when at least one infantry is fighting them - this makes the line break and encircle the enemy once they get close and then reform the line once they've mopped up those infantry to get ready to charge the rest. Just working out proper distances, don't want them charging too soon and ruining their formation or waiting too late and getting cut to pieces before they surround the enemy. Minor issue of a few stragglers sometimes running off after some archers while the main infantry force is fighting, but I'm not sure the best way to handle that. They eventually move back to the main force when they reform the formation, but it can get a little scattered sometimes. I changed the numbers a bit to make them charge when a bit closer than I had before and I ran some more test battles to see how it looked.

I have a few diff battles ready to go for testing, but I obviously can't test all possibilities. So far it seems to be working better for the AI fighting small groups of elite units (in my test, the 150 men moved in in a line then the sides closed in and they surrounded the 30 franks and killed them, still suffered a good bit of losses but nothing like when they just stayed in line and got slaughtered). Also better for when it's just a slightly smaller number of comparable units - a 300 vs 150 battle of just regular troops, the side with more men moved in and surrounded the smaller force and kept on them until they wiped out all their infantry - a few friendly infantry got side tracked by the enemy archers, but they returned to formation when the enemy infantry was wiped out then all together marched to finish off the reinforcing enemy infantry and then charged to mop up the archers. Works ok in really big battles, in my 300 v 300 evenly matched fight the lines clashed and worked well at first but quickly devolved into small group fights as the lines on both sides broke into little clusters as the men died. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, hah. They still reformed before the enemy reinforcements arrived though, so it worked alright.

A weakness of the check for if any infantry is still fighting is a single really tough infantry might backpedal and keep both sides charging and break the formation AI, but I'm not sure the best way to handle it. Without the check for infantry still fighting the infantry will try to reform before the fighting has stopped just because the enemy is trying to fall back for reinforcements which seems dumb since they should really be pushing their advantage if they're winning. So far I haven't seen a problem with one infantry breaking things happen, but it's a possibility.

I haven't tried this against the player (my current save is just a freelancer char with no troops), but it should work the same I think.
  18. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

I never realized he did them. They're a lot different in comparison to his standard formation scripts, I thought someone else had reworked them heh.

They work great for moving archers around and flanking enemies, but are rather poor for big AI v AI infantry battles. The two boxes was just boring - they were spaced way out and didn't really do much fighting. But removing that limitation makes them move in lines, and the lines only work in certain circumstances.

Two evenly matched enemies it generally does good - the two big battle lines form and they clash. But when one side is made up of a smaller number of elite units (like, say, franks, or a player with a small tight formation) the formation just sticks in the big line even when the enemy is cutting a swath out of the center, and never encircles them. In that case the box would probably work a little better, but they'd still get wiped out by a charging enemy due to the distance between units.

I'll have to see if I can make things a bit better. Perhaps less initial spacing between units and a charge routine that kicks in once the fighting starts. Will have to try a few things and see how it works out.
  19. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Just realized - Motomataru is the one who did the coding for the formations here?

I didn't realize he did it. Guess he must have added the code to restrict them to boxes. Not sure why he would have done that, though.

There are a few issues with them forming big lines, but the boxes definitely didn't solve it. Guess I'll dig into it and see if I can make things better.

-edited to fix spelling of Motomataru's name. Just noticed I had spelled it Motomaru.
  20. TML Submod 1.21 for Brytenwalda 1.40 (Updated 11/27/2012)

Seve82 said:
    OK gona start new game with 1.11 with brythw special 1.40, improved woman faces and the one that fixes couple siege scenes. I will post here if I find some issues. Sadly will not put companions multimod as afaik it is not supported.

Well first thing I noticed that francesca still has unmodified melee damage thus being best axe atm.

I didn't modify the melee damage of throwing axes. They're set to deal cut damage, which doesn't pierce armor like pierce does in Brytenwalda. All other axes were set to pierce. Francisca is also really slow and short in melee, since it's a throwing axe. I guess I could have dropped their melee damage and set them to pierce to make them act more like other axes, but the AI rarely uses the melee aspect of throwing weapons anyway.
Back
Top Bottom