Search results for query: *

1. Lionheart89

Can anyone help?

Hi everyone, I have suddenly started getting this message when I start up Warband. Does anyone know why? Is it a problem with Warband or my computer?

Any replies would be massively appreciated.

Thanks  :grin:

2. Lionheart89

Can anyone help?

Ok thanks man, i'll post it in the right place :smile:
  3. Lionheart89

Can anyone help?

Hi everyone, I have suddenly started getting this message when I start up Warband. Does anyone know why? Is it a problem with Warband or my computer? Any replies would be massively appreciated. Thanks  :D
  4. Lionheart89

Problems - help please!

gh3tt0 gangst3r said:
    i have a AMD Athlon(TM) 64 Processor 3200+ 2.00 GHz, 2.00 GB ram, Windows 7 ultimate 32 Bit and i can run the game fine on ultra high settings

very impressive  :/

Archonsod said:
    Check you have the latest driver from www.nvidia.com

You might also want to try switching to DX7 rendering in the configuration screen. It'll look somewhat less pretty, but I suspect you could probably max out the battle size with it.

I changed to Directx7 instead and that has made it run really smooth, thanks for the advice! :smile:
  5. Lionheart89

Problems - help please!

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it, I will try these things out :smile:
  6. Lionheart89

Problems - help please!

Hi guys thanks for the reply,

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80 GHz
    Memory (RAM): 2.00GB

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7050/ NVIDIA Nforce 610i

I don't know if theres enough info there? Forgive me I'm not entirely computer savvy past the basics.
  7. Lionheart89

Problems - help please!

Hi everyone, I recently downloaded the demo of With Fire and Sword, and for some reason, it runs very slow and erratically. Now I haven't got the greatest computer, but I run Warband with all of the graphical settings quite low and it runs fairly smoothly, with battle sizes around 90-100...
  8. Lionheart89

about one handed axes

I think the axes are awesome in this mod! From a visual standpoint they are really nice looking and theres plenty of choice as well. However, I think the other factions should be able to choose more axes as the Vikingr seem to have a huge choice of weaponry and other factions, not so much? I think my favourite looking one is either the 1h War Axe [bearded axe] or the 1h Mammen Axe.

In terms of the gameplay, the axes are great, its taken me a bit to get used to the ranges and I think they can be quite unpredictable, but overall they are cheap, powerful and very effective. I think they are easily a match for a sword and I havent been in any games where swords have dominated, which is good as it fits in with the historical truth about swords in this time. [btw im not saying that swords dont dominate sometimes, im just saying I havent experienced it before in this mod]
  9. Lionheart89

about maces

Moeckerkalfie said:
    Hm its sounds like there were some loose parts swinging around, it would be good for a shield hit though.
    But for the hit against the body it sound more like a ringing impact that leads to a deformation, with maybe a small note of mangled flesh in it^^

Or how about a really nasty bone cracking sound?  :eek:

Also, I agree about the blunt noise, i have thought this for a while, you can hit someone with a huge mallet and it sound like someone playing conkers. there should definitely be some new sounds that include some mangling of flesh and ringing of metal
  10. Lionheart89

about maces

I think its right that maces should be available, ive definitely heard of them being used in this time period, but I agree they should have some changes made beacuse they are pathetic.

I think because of popular culture / fantasy things people tend to think axes and maces were much bigger than they were in real-life, in reality, even a small head such as this:

Merlkir said:
    Example of use :wink:
    bulava-au.jpg

would still have been very effective
  11. Lionheart89

Which weaons do you like most?

I also like the Bec de corbin, but it sucks that you can only do an overhead swing and thrust. It should have a thrust and left,right and overhead swings. Also they should implement the option to press the x key and the weapon changes over so you can use the blunt warhammer head OR the pick for piercing damage, that would probably make it my favourite weapon.
  12. Lionheart89

B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Holy s**t they look so sick! Really cannot wait for this mod. Looks like The Empire's gona have to hit those guys with some serious ranged fire before they close the distance!
  13. Lionheart89

Dueling - thrust problem

I think the time has come to lock this thread. I started it to find out if anyone had encountered similar problems to me, and kindly, people replied. Now I realise it is a glitch in the game that some people exploit, and I can watch out for it while duelling.

However, the thread has now become JackBaldy being a prick to everyone and people righteously telling him how much of a **** he is.

So, to all who kindly answered my query, thank you.
  14. Lionheart89

Dueling - thrust problem

CatMangler said:
    deVada said:
    Good thread.

Never really analysed that but now I know why sometimes some feintspammers damage me when I think they should not.

Agreed, I new something wasn't quite right with some recent MP activity and this does explain a few "interesting" encounters.

Thanks for posting OP

Your welcome, and I'm glad theres been a good response to this, I thought I might be the only one experiencing it because of a lag issue or something else, but im glad its something experienced by other players so theres nothing wrong elsewhere.
  15. Lionheart89

Dueling - thrust problem

JackBaldy said:
    Lionheart89 said:
    Thanks for your amazing contribution, it was a big help...

I wasn't really directing my previous post at you, but I'm glad I could be of help :wink: Anyhow, in the original post, I still don't see the problem. You're running into a swing in which you THINK is over and it's not. You then proceed to take damage. That's a bad judgment call. Not necessarily a problem with the game, it's more so a problem with you.

First of all, I never said it wasn't a problem with me. I will readily admit I am not even an average duelist, the problem could lie entirely with me. However, to see if it was entirely my fault, a lag problem, or something else, I started this thread to get the opinion of others and see if they had had similar experiences. I never said anything about the balance of the game, so theres no need to keep blabbing on about that either. I never said anything about balance, realism or any of that stuff, I simply asked if anyone had come across a similar thing, so please, if you have anything of worth to say, share it with us, but if you don't think that this problem exists, then theres no need for you to even be reading this thread, as you are obviously far too skilled for this problem to even nearly effect you.

Orion said:
    Let me repeat that for you, since you missed it twice now.

In practice, the attack is still capable of doing full damage even during the recovery portion of the animation.

Why should a recovery still do damage? It is not logical, it makes no sense, it doesn't look right in the game, and it feels awkward while playing to hit someone when you're pulling your weapon away from them.

I'm not saying they should nerf attacks, limit attack directions, force autoblock, or any bull**** like that. I'm not saying the game should change for me because I can't play well, I'm saying the game should change because it looks, feels, and plays wrong in this regard. Did you understand that? I guess we'll see soon enough.

Orion - I agree with what you've said but couldn't find all the bits I wanted to quote, but this pretty much sums it up. I also don't want any nerfs or limits, I simply wanted to know if this problem existed outside of my own experiences so I could possibly do something about it. Thanks for your helpful comments, looks like I'll have to be extra careful with incoming thrusts and overheads from those 2h swords.
  16. Lionheart89

Dueling - thrust problem

JackBaldy said:
    I don't see how this is a problem. At all.

Thanks for your amazing contribution, it was a big help...

Stabbing Hobo said:
    This is highly exploited by most experienced players by stabbing to the side and then turning while attacking, like using the weapon as a lightsaber. That's why I suggested a penalty based on turning speed. Same actually works for overheads, too. You can do serious damage even if you just missed.

I had noticed that with overheads as well, when I thought I was out of the way of an overhead swing then the player turned and still managed to connect. Anyway just wanted to see if other people had come across a similar thing, thanks for the replies.
  17. Lionheart89

Dueling - thrust problem

Hi all. Ive been dueling recently and have encountered a small annoyance, with regards to the thrust animation. When I am dueling an opponent, I step back to avoid a thrust and then move forward to strike when (I think) the thrust animation is over. However the thrust still seems to be...
  18. Lionheart89

You can tell how awesome this mod is because of how many arguments it has started! Rubbish mods simply don't get people passionate enough to argue.

I would like to donate but I can't afford it and I think there is some issues in regards to a guarantee on how the money would be spent, but I think for the most part, if everyone who followed this mod was rich, then everyone would donate, but most people can't afford to spend money on things like this.

Anyway those screens look awesome and I really look forward to this mod! Great work Furok.
  19. Lionheart89

Kazzan said:
    Lionheart89 said:
    Heres how I see it; I think that if some sort of Beta was released it would drum up a lot of support for this mod, and probably more people willing to pay Furok, therefore creating a faster time of release. I think if the mod continues at current pace were not going to see it for a long time and maybe a new M&B might be out by then.

I think if a small playable beta was released lets say just two Factions, Empire and Chaos for example, thats all that would be needed. You can forget the changes to places and text and quests and all that, for now I think people just wana play with some of these INCREDIBLE looking models. I f people were able to use these cool models and have a few Empire v Chaos battles then it would give the whole community a real taste for the mod and make a lot of people seriously consider giving some money to Furok. And a small release of two factions and their armour and weapons would be something that could probably be released fairly soon and give us something to make the time pass quicker while Furok works on the rest.

Hm, I'm wondering if you've read the mainpost. He has said he was going to release a beta once he's got Empire, Kislev and Chaos somewhat done, if I recall it correctly.

I read the mainpost, I'm talking about a sooner Beta to entice people to fund the mod.
  20. Lionheart89

xTAMERx said:
    before anyone give you donations, you have to give more than some screens

make a alpha or better beta and put it online

then hope it is good enough to get donations  :cool:

Ok so this hasnt been phrased right at all, however he kinda has a point.

Heres how I see it; I think that if some sort of Beta was released it would drum up a lot of support for this mod, and probably more people willing to pay Furok, therefore creating a faster time of release. I think if the mod continues at current pace were not going to see it for a long time and maybe a new M&B might be out by then.

I think if a small playable beta was released lets say just two Factions, Empire and Chaos for example, thats all that would be needed. You can forget the changes to places and text and quests and all that, for now I think people just wana play with some of these INCREDIBLE looking models. I f people were able to use these cool models and have a few Empire v Chaos battles then it would give the whole community a real taste for the mod and make a lot of people seriously consider giving some money to Furok. And a small release of two factions and their armour and weapons would be something that could probably be released fairly soon and give us something to make the time pass quicker while Furok works on the rest.

Lets face it, the only reason Furok even thought about asking for money is because he knows, and we know, that this mod looks absolutely amazing.

I seriously think that a beta is the way to go, but as always, thats just my opinion.

Lionheart
Back
Top Bottom