Search results for query: *

• Users: Sohei
  • Order by date
  1. Sohei

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

An option to swap to left handed weapon and right handed shield use would be a good feature to have.
  2. Sohei

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 9 - Ethnic Instruments

Let the game compose its own pieces of music on the fly. You can help it out by providing good samples to work from and some guidelines.
  3. Sohei

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

snouz said:
    The "oversaturation", do you mean map's grass and water?
    Yes it seems like the color is oversaturated a bit for the vegetation and water on the map. I may be imagining it but the color of some of the text and menus and the graphic on the main mod menu seem oversaturated as well. Not a big deal I guess but I prefer more muted colors myself.

I appreciate that you are addressing the sparkle. Thank you.

By the way the water motion effect is a good attempt given the limitations of the engine but it makes me a bit seasick to look at it. I think the apparent motion going in several different directions in different sections and layers is what does it. Maybe it works a bit too well.
  4. Sohei

I have noticed that you appear to be using a graphics filter of some kind. On my system the game looks considerably worse than it did before. Specifically colors are oversaturated and objects with fine details sparkle. Grass for example sparkles as the camera moves. Is there some setting I can change to correct this or should I just replace the postfx file with the one from native?

My system: i7 4790k, GTX 980, 16GB RAM, SSD, Windows 7.

I experienced a similar issue when playing Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth but not in most other mods.
  5. Sohei

Are the companion likes and dislikes the same as previous versions? Is this part of the wikia still accurate? http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Companions
  6. Sohei

Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Very sorry to hear of your loss phlpp. My condolences as well.

Increasing the minimum garrison should only be by a very modest amount in my opinion. Perhaps up to no more than 100. This will minimize potential unintended AI behavior and leave a short window of opportunity where the garrison is fairly weak for both the player and AI to exploit.

I would also like to request that spears keep a side swing along with the overhead stab and normal low thrust. Spear training and use was directly related to the way a staff was used. Making it into something like a melee with a bayonet fixed to a rifle just doesn't feel right to me.
  7. Sohei

Request: able to ask travs or cheat mode to locate companions?

Is there any particular reason why you need to use story mode instead of sandbox? Wouldn't the fixed relation adjustments from the story mode interfere even if you do get everyone? Or is that part of what you are trying to test?
  8. Sohei

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 9 - Ethnic Instruments

No matter how much I love the music in a game I will usually turn it off completely at some point. The repetition can become tiresome eventually even though the music is good.

One notable exception is the Kenshi work in progress. The system that Kole Hicks is using to create music lets the game add some variety to the music by layering and randomizing mixes. Essentially the game itself becomes a DJ using samples provided. This makes the music much more tolerable to listen to for days on end.

https://youtu.be/NoKVHOf8Zpg

If you could add anything like this even for just certain scenes I think it would really help. Obviously for Bannerlord different sound elements would be chosen to match the feel of this game. Perhaps it could be more orchestral instead of atmospheric like the music in Kenshi.
  9. Sohei

Caribbean! Map Return to 3D Poll

The terrain on the old 3D map did not make much difference for movement. There were few restricted movement spots such as river crossings. Most movement is done at sea anyways on this particular map. The 2D map could use a higher resolution texture though.
  10. Sohei

Caribbean! Badge

It would probably be impractical to have a badge because it would require providing a key to register it. But since Snowbird manages the keys and not Taleworlds there would be no way to check the key without sharing the key database and that could lead to other issues.

I suppose they could also just make a badge that just shows support for the game but not necessarily ownership and make it available to everyone.
  11. Sohei

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

Will there be a similar system for selling prisoners to ransom brokers or slavers?

12. Sohei

Companion morale ??

Did this ever get fixed completely?

Going to necro this because I just had an idea about a possible cause. I was reading the bit in the wiki about morale and one part reminded me of this bug for some reason. Not sure if they are related or not but here is the text from the wiki:

"The more troops you have in your party, the higher the morale penalty will be. Note that when removing party members, this penalty will decrease by 1 each, but a temporary 1 point penalty will be incurred to Recent Events. This means you are left with no immediate net change."
    http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Morale

I am wondering if this offset gets out of balance for some reason. The recent events penalty might still get applied without the party size penalty being decreased for example. We did notice some very severe recent events penalties anyways. Although this happens even for characters that are not necromancers I still wonder if messing around with the game mechanics to enable the raising dead features may have messed up something that applies to everyone.

13. Sohei

Best Warriors (plural) & best Warrior (singular) in pre-gunpowder History.

Antonis said:
    Sadly, I know my list is sort of Asian commanders of the Ancient world, but I haven't found a source to read, yet. Internet is a pretty dangerous ground, when studying history, I generally try to avoid reading from the Web. So, if you guys have any good sources to provide, thanks!
    If we are going to discuss leaders in ancient times in Asia then I think Sun Tzu (aka Sun Wu, Sun Zi, and Changking) rises above the rest but there are many notable others. Probably should start a new thread though.
  14. Sohei

General History Questions thread

YourStepDad said:
    Thanks, although isn't the flintlock replacing the matchlock attributed to the late 17th century?

It took a great deal of time to completely make the transition over. Despite the recognized superiority of the flintlock and other designs matchlocks were still used by European armies up until about 1720. Even after that they were still used by civilians for some time. When civilians became militia they sometimes had to supply their own arms. Pirates also may have used them. Some obsolete arms also were kept in reserve in armories for a very long time as a hedge against demand for arms being greater than what can be supplied in a short time. The flintlock also of course continued to develop over time as well and new models were developed and adopted well into the 19th century.

My point is that it was a long process for each technology to be discovered, mature, become widely adopted, completely replace older technology, be further improved, have improvements adopted, and so on.  It was not unusual to have several generations of technology coexisting for decades. The cost and logistics of replacing arms is a challenging task even today. When you are an empire spread across the globe where transport is slow and many threats are natives with technology that is much further behind it takes a while for widespread adoption to occur even if supply is able to keep up with demand and there are no budget constraints.

BenKenobi said:
    What was the biggest battle among Indians (as in northern native americans)? I mean one tribe / confederacy against another one, not against Europeans / US.

We only have limited evidence for events in precolonial times but if I had to hazard a guess it would be one of the battles between the Aztecs and the Tarascan state or perhaps one of the other states as the Aztecs expanded. There was one battle in 1479 where 50,000 Tarascans engaged an invasion of 32,000 Aztecs and won with over 90% of the Aztecs killed or captured. That makes that battle even bloodier than the infamous Battle of Antietam during the U.S. Civil War. Even the surviving captured prisoners were often publicly executed during these expansion wars as well as the small scale Flower Wars.
  15. Sohei

General History Questions thread

YourStepDad said:
    What were some of the key changes and developments in European warfare, between circa 1700 - 1815 and inbetween?

The flintlock replaced the matchlock and was a much more practical military weapon because it was more reliable in bad weather. This was one important step that allowed a commander to rely more on a musket as a primary weapon. The ring bayonet replacing the plug bayonet also helped to make the pike obsolete. Artillery became lighter and more mobile which meant it was more likely to be present in a battle. Siege artillery also became more effective and dramatically reduced the value of fortifications. This had the side effect of disrupting the social contracts centered around the possession of such fortifications in the past and helped to pave the way for political change, revolutions, and bloody field battles.

At the same time Europeans studied new ways of organizing and fighting in a more scientific and case study approach rather than relying more on tradition and slow evolution. Technological development along with more formal military education structures created an environment conducive to innovation.
  16. Sohei

Best Warriors (plural) & best Warrior (singular) in pre-gunpowder History.

Best Warrior would perhaps be Alexander. Conquered the known world to him, then kept going even though it would be impossible to properly manage such vast territory.

Best Warriors would perhaps be Mongol cavalry archers. Those guys did some amazing feats of skill and were obviously effective. They also didn't even need a lot of fancy metal gear to be effective which is further testament to their skill and tactics.
  17. Sohei

What is the best way to recruit Northmathr Vikingrs?

I found an efficient way to do it. I built my refuge on a mountain near a bridge just West of a Northmathr Viking spawn point. This point is North of Bebbanburh and East of Hadrian's Wall.

You can start right away but once you have upgraded the refuge and hired some staff it gets easier. Instead of hiring them directly I usually just fought them and took prisoners. I kept dumping Northmathr Viking prisoners in the refuge until I had a lot of them. To fight them in the first place I used mostly Svear Warriors.

Once I was ready to activate some of them I transferred a huge stack of them to my party and tried recruiting them from the camp menu each day until they agreed. Then I immediately put them all back in the refuge garrison and visited the happy widow and other staff to repair morale back up to average. If you don't have the refuge improved you can give gifts from talking to the camp captain or if you have a Gothi in your party you can talk to them and have them talk to your men. You can also try to run to Bebbanburh and pay the bard there many times to play songs or perhaps you might find a happy widow in the mead hall. You can also just attack some Vikings and win a battle or two to boost morale. After the vikings have rested overnight and morale has been repaired it is safe to pull them back out without risk of mass desertion.

I like this way because you get to do some battles and gain some good loot.
  18. Sohei

Viking game badge

Please make it a longboat.

viking-ship-illustration-sails-44942069.jpg
  19. Sohei

Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

I am really looking forward to playing my favorite mod again after the next update. I have plenty of other mods to keep me busy though so there is no rush.

haitch40 said:
    Ichimonji Hidetora said:
    It was believed they had suffocated back then, but it's much more likely they died from heat exhaustion.

That is possible. I believe that plate armour of the time restricted breathing.

I wore several different museum quality period armor reproductions while visiting an old school armorer in Japan. None of them restricted breathing whatsoever. Most of them did not fit properly since they were not made for me but I could still move and breathe without difficulty. Even a mempo face mask did not create a problem.

I have also tried many different European armor reproductions and was able to breathe fine in most of them. The only ones that I had any trouble with at all were a few of the fully enclosed helms with few breathing holes and a breastplate that did not fit well. I could see how those issues could become serious under heavy exertion but I think a person at worst would probably just pass out and recover if no one killed them while they were vulnerable. I think the design of Japanese armor pieces would make them less likely to cause such an issue though.

Anyways, I have known people who have died of heat exhaustion. One even died while wearing appropriate exercise clothing in normal weather. I agree with the idea that heat exhaustion is a much more likely cause of death than difficulty with breathing. In my opinion a person would only die of breathing difficulty if they had a medical condition such as asthma aggravated by exertion and probably would not be due to the armor.
  20. Sohei

[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

JuJu70 said:
    Dennis The Great said:
    mike56 said:
    Jesgard Gysson said:
    ...since vikings also threw spears and axes and swords.
    Yeah, for sure a viking would throw a fine weapon that costs as much as two good horses  :roll:
    if you think a little realistic on it.. you can throw any weapon.. so why not throw weapons that a made for it :smile:
    he obviously meant a sword
    While throwing an expensive sword may seem strange, it actually is mentioned in historical fighting manuals and some historical accounts. Obviously it would depend on the situation. You would not want to toss it if there were other enemies nearby and you had no other weapon. However I am not saying it should be added to the mod as a feature. For me it is just a minor point that I really don't care about either way for game play purposes. I guess I am just quibbling over a minor detail then.

Anyways another thing I would  like to suggest is that some attention be given to the story dialog so it makes more sense. I feel like there is a lot of room for improvement. Some of the plot points force you into a certain perspective of the events based on the dialog. The outcomes can be the same as they are now I guess but the reasoning is a bit weak or even broken in some parts and this could be improved. I am not referring to the word use and grammar errors - that is a separate issue. It is just that the logical flow of choices from one dialog to the next is forced or confusing in some parts.
Back
Top Bottom