Search results for query: *

• Users: Taro8
  • Order by date
  1. Is it even worth it to be a Horse Archer?

From what I know the game makes ranged weapons less accurate the higher the damage. To get around that andhave both accuracy and damage you could try changing the module.ini for arrow speed to damage conversion. I think this way the arrows will do more damage at lower speeds and bows can have lower damage thus have higher accuracy.
  2. Discussions and Suggestions

builder of the gods said:
    Could you look at THE mod taro8 ( i mean THE siege mod )

Im sorry but I dont follow... Could you explain it a little better?
  3. Discussions and Suggestions

Service_Disconnect said:
    Taro8 said:
    Please remove the code from Freelancer with removes the party from player when joining the lord. If you can keep your troops you can have your own mercenary company. It works very well, if you want to do a quick test, just recruit some mercs in town when you stationed in the town.
    You can become a mercenary, it's a separate thing.

Freelancer allows you to join the lord's army and become a soldier for him. However, when you join his army your party is taken away from you and disappears for the duration of your service, only to return magically when you are done.

What Im suggesting is letting the player keep his party even when employed as a soldier for the lord. This makes it look like player can have his own company with is a part of a bigger army.
  4. Discussions and Suggestions

Please remove the code from Freelancer with removes the party from player when joining the lord. If you can keep your troops you can have your own mercenary company. It works very well, if you want to do a quick test, just recruit some mercs in town when you stationed in the town.
  5. Adding party pay to player salary

I would like to add the party pay amount to the salary that player gets from the lord. I have already removed the code that removes party from the player when joining the lord. Now adding the party pay option would allow for player to form their own companies in service of lords. It works even...
  6. Implementing custom camera script into mission templates

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.msg3705109.html#msg3705109 I would like to test out this custom camera as Im not satisfied with the default camera in third person. As i understand this script would allow me to adjust the camera myself. However Im having troubles with putting...
  7. Your soldiers

Note: Suggestion thread is locked so I had to make one. Is there any way to stop Freelancer from removing troops under your command? I know they return later, but leading small unit when under lord command is FUN. There are no bugs I know of. I was able to recruit mercs when my lord was staying...
  8. [Mini Mod][2.53/4 Expanded] Random Bandits Equipment

trp_bandit_e_bandit (< Im not sure about this one)
    trp_bandit_e_mountain
    trp_bandit_e_forest
    trp_bandit_e_sea_raider
    trp_bandit_e_steppe
    trp_bandit_e_taiga
    trp_bandit_e_desert
    trp_bandit_e_looter

I think thats the all of them.
  9. [Mini Mod][2.53/4 Expanded] Random Bandits Equipment

I just wanted to say that this minimod also works with the 2.54. Im pretty sure it does as I just compared troop files and they are identical  except for the changes I did.
  10. [Mini Mod][2.53/4 Expanded] Random Bandits Equipment

I have only touched troops mentioned in first post:

Forest Bandits
    Taiga Bandits
    Steppe Bandits
    Desert Bandits
    Mountain Bandits
    Looters
    Sea Riders

I did not touch any other troops, nor did I edit any parties.
  11. [Mini Mod][2.53/4 Expanded] Random Bandits Equipment

I added one or two low grade horses to their item pool. This is the cause of more mounted units. Its unintentional, but I think its good to have bandit group that is a mix of cavalry and infantry (how much of each is up to random number god  :grin:), it makes taiga bandits unique.
  12. [Mini Mod][2.53/4 Expanded] Random Bandits Equipment

Good to know. Still I advise starting new game to see my changes in full effect, have fun though.
  13. [Mini Mod][2.53/4 Expanded] Random Bandits Equipment

Guarantees are series of tags you can give to troop in troop editor. They are the way to tell game to ALWAYS give every troop an item type (ranged, helmet, shield, horse, armor, boots, gloves, etc.). If they are not checked it is random if unit gets item from that category (like looters not having armor etc.). From what I experienced you need to start new game for changes, in those tags, to take an effect. However I only changed few of them so putting this mod mid game should still add random crap to bandits equipment, but it wont be exactly what I wanted (All forest bandits will have some helmet and ranged weapon for example).
  14. [Mini Mod][2.53/4 Expanded] Random Bandits Equipment

As far as I know new game is only required for new guarantees tags to take effect. I think that new equipment will be added to bandits in already existing games, but could you check it out? Just keep save from before you added my mini mod, so you can revert to old files and save in case something goes wrong.

The bandits were exactly as I pictured they should be - a mis-matched group of desperate men.

This is exactly what I had in mind when making this little tweak. Forest Bandits especially got on my nerves with their uniform scale armor and helmet. I did rise this issue during 2.5 beta, but it wasnt addressed.
  15. [Mini Mod][2.53/4 Expanded] Random Bandits Equipment

I only did expanded/expanded bandits, but if anyone wishes to give same equipment to bandits in other versions then go ahead. However I do not plan to do so myself as I play on exclusively expanded version with expanded troop trees.
  16. [Mini Mod][2.53/4 Expanded] Random Bandits Equipment

Hello everyone! I installed 2.53 and I was disappointed that the problem with uniformed bandits remained. So I made a little mini mod that adds random crap to bandits and gives them much more varied look. I only did this for myself, but I decided to share. EDIT: ALSO WORKS FOR 2.54 I ONLY DID...
  17. Bug Reports and known issues [v2.5]

In expanded kite shield cant be used to shield bash.
  18. Bug Reports and known issues [v2.5]

Dont know if its bug, but its really odd to have Swadian men-at-arms and lancer in Archers route. Personally I think think those 2 should be upgrades for for Hobilar, it makes more sense there.

Now the question: if I change troop tree to change Hobilar upgrades via editor, will the change be included in reference material?
  19. Bug Reports and known issues [v2.5]

Swadian tracker (A4 in expanded) dosnt have guaranteed armor.
  20. Bug Reports and known issues [v2.5]

Again about shield bash. It dosent work if enemy is very close, but animation plays as normal and unaffected enemy can hack player to bits. Either enemy should be affected a bit (block for example) or animation should cancel at start to show that player tries to push away enemy but fails.
Back
Top Bottom