Search results for query: *

1. Dearmad

SP - UI UI: Don't make me click LEAVE town- just DO IT when I click on the map.

I'm back to necro this and point out how out of touch this forum can be. The mod that does this very feature has... oh.... about 25,000 subscribers.

lol.

Humbly, I am thankful that it is *possible* to mod this in, however... not so humbly, take you're extra click to exit the town and, well, shove it.

2. Dearmad

If TW releases features such as: criminal empire & naval system as DLC's will you purchase them?

THIS

Unfortunately I've seen many indie devs have the opposite problem: listening so hard to the people on the forum that they enshrine purposely painful game mechanics to keep out the filthy casuals ("casuals" being defined as the 90% of hardcore gamers who don't dream Excel spreadsheets). I used to think BL was one of those - but it turned out they weren't listening to ANYBODY.

And Starsector is exactly one of the games I just described above. I *LOVE LOVE LOVE* that game but one trip to the forums broke my heart, watching extra-hardcores campaign against simple QOL stuff because "shun the casuals". IIRC it was something like people were complaining that smuggling weapons to pirates was too profitable... which is just stunningly-asinine.

I haven't played the latest patch yet, though, and I'm excited to see what I missed.
    IMO the developer properly ignores the grognards and is making a game that is focused on FUN in s balanced way.
  3. Dearmad

Spending influence to influence yourself to devastate a town?

Actually I'm OK with this... it's like yuo have to build up the nerve to do it, and it costs you your standing a little bit to do so.
  4. Dearmad

If TW releases features such as: criminal empire & naval system as DLC's will you purchase them?

I would only buy DLC that can be incorporated into the main campaign/sandbox. Not something like Napoleonic Wars or something that will not interfere with the main world.

I am also going to buy TW's space game. Love space and something like Bannerlord but in space would just be grand.
    You mean a game like Star Sector. Because... Well, the game you describe already exists and it's amazing.
  5. Dearmad

Bloc's warband missing features mod list (No Download/Showcase)

Anyone fancy some popcorn? :iamamoron:?

- Added 10 unique location and culture-dependent stories and 5 praise or complain dialogues. All of them are from Warband but Bannerlordized with faction and location names changed.

- They now understand where they are and they will give share some stories with you depending on their culture as shown in the video.

- After the battle, depending on how the battle went, they will also share their complaints or praise other companions. Picking sides will affect your relationship with companions. Which makes them look more human with some form of a character.

- Killing villagers, raiding villages also trigger certain dialogues based on their traits ( Example: if they have roguery, they even approve and you get a relationship increase )

- You won't hear the same story again from another companion, so increasing the story pool would be the best choice for immersion.

- I also had another idea to bring into this, which wasn't part of Warband but something I thought could bring more immersion. But I didn't have time to finish it up so perhaps in the next cycle I can check it.

- I started this after I published it yesterday, so all be done in a couple of hours I believe. Getting and formatting stories took most of the part.

Someone should take a look at this list of videos.

I'm too depressed to. Back to playing Rimworld and GalCiv IV beta.
  6. Dearmad

Looters: simple addition to make them better: they actually LOOT...

So I'm soloing around the map with my 20 horses and about 1000 units of whatever items I'm trading moving at a pitiful 2.0 speed at best.... And I get jumped by 30, 40 or 50 whatever looters. No problem. They all gonna die. They ain't gonna get a single item of my loot, even though they are...
  7. Dearmad

I wonder how Turkey's suffering economy is affecting the development of this game?

Inflation of 25% and the lira value dropping can't make bankrolling the company an easy thing.
  8. Dearmad

Bannerlord was a grift

It *is* kind of draining. But I feel most of us, deep down, come here because of a variant of the bystander effect. Or perhaps it's something a little more depressing.

The development of this game, and the game itself, can be seen as some kind of shattered promise ended terribly, a catastrophe even, but it's artificially kept alive due to... uncertainty. It's basically us as a not-so-young-anymore person going to the hospital to visit a long-stay patient in a coma who happens to be our significant other.

We go there often, but sometimes not as often as before. We know, deep down, they will never regain consciousness. But we still want to feel their presence and to remember how significant they were for us when they were still with us. So we go there, we bring fresh flowers... we talk about mundane things with them, not knowing if they can hear us... for they surely do not answer.

It always goes the same way: we drive to the hospital, we bring flowers to their room, we make jokes and try to maintain a veneer of optimism. Then it gets soul-crushing to see our significant other lying there, as they have been for... 11 years. So we take a break before giving that almost ritual last kiss on the forehead and go home.

As we sit in the hospital cafeteria, head filled with wonderful moments long past, we see there are other people in the same situation. Instead of being there alone, they slowly formed a group: they all share the same predicament. They all want someone to hear their voices, their stories which are so very relevant to their person. So we join up, make some acquaintances and we chat, we jest and we try not to be too miserable together. Sometimes we fight, but what keeps us talking and complaining and remembering how better it was when our loved ones were still fully with us... is the fact that we don't want to tell the doctors we want them to pull the plug on what's keeping our loved ones alive.
    Oh **** me this hit the nail on the head in bad ways! LOL! I uninstalled back in december and looked the other way. It felt kinda good. Not judgemental, just needed a break from the coma patient.

I came back, and thought I'd try out the current state- d/l'ing the game and unstable beta now. And then I read this! LOL I wanna cry.... it's all so true!!!!!!
  9. Dearmad

Big sheet about problems of the game!!!

I feel hopeless after reading the original post.

He's right.

But the problems are so f'ing DEEP!
  10. Dearmad

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Fallen Companion Gear Suggestion (Poll and Discussion)

Oh, yeah. Those guys stuff are gone. Well I dress them in pajamas anyway.
  11. Dearmad

Made a short cinematic montage.

While normally i hate these videos.

In this case, respect because:

Use of bow, axe, spear, crossbow, club, sword.

Not use of lance.
  12. Dearmad

I have to admit. The baby animations:

Are freaking hilarious! The one where the kid's standing in the crib sort of surfing it, is pretty funny!
  13. Dearmad

When I upgrade pull from the CHEAPER HORSES, ok?

Damn but I cannot keep any backup desert horses in stock!!!
  14. Dearmad

The 2016 Demo was better than the current game

(n) Disagree with every. Single. Point. Brought up by the OP, except that the towns ARE clearly depopulated. I don't know why they did this and it's vaguely depressing.
  15. Dearmad

Must cities have only ONE gate?

Fair criticism, I think one entrance works fine for castles, but cites should probably have 3 gates, that way you can still block them but you also don’t need to go all around to get inti the city.

Would that be good for you or would you prefer it all settlements worked like villages (accessible from all sides)?

Ah THIS is what I meant. Yes. For castles, yes limit it. Thanks for expressing it more clearly. Like villages.
  16. Dearmad

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Fallen Companion Gear Suggestion (Poll and Discussion)

Oops, nevermind. So far you can strip them in inventory after battle.
  17. Dearmad

Must cities have only ONE gate?

I just mean for the main interaction point that opens the city menu... It's cute and all that your little avatar seeks out the gate on the OPPOSITE side of the city graphic, but come on...
  18. Dearmad

Why does the AI deposit high value prisoners to nearest town by battle?

Yes we saw this problem last week too and noted it. They need money as player do. It is better to sell them instead of adding them to prison roster of town. There are no money cheats in game npc lords get. Sometimes some clans go bankrupt and they cannot give wages to their garrisons or parties and these garrisons / parties lose men constantly, it is very rare but even sometimes some lords cannot buy food and they starve.

@AnandaShanti game does not give lords free food or money. You play this game since first day. You know this.

Well, the way these players stated it, it seemed like the AI lords just do whatever they want? So it's possible to wage economic warfare on the enemy? That is heartening to hear!

They doing you a disservice by spreading lies if they were. Sorry on their behalf.

ALSO: I notice when my guys get captured *I* pay the ransom. Does the AI clan pay the ransom when I sell them back their people? Or does that money come out of thin air?
Back
Top Bottom