Search results for query: *

1. Cramdawg

Welcome to the Bannerlord section!

Just be sure to let us know when and if the modding tool kit comes out. All this hype about mods is pointless until that day comes.
  2. Cramdawg

Hello World. I'm back.

Hello World. I'm back.
  3. Cramdawg

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 15 - Valuable Relationships

Looks great! Sounds like an entirely new level of complexity for a slew of new gameplay possibilities.  The siege capabilities are interesting as well.  Hopefully by summer the game will be released.

Thankfully, I'm a solo player and don't have to stress about co-op/ multiplayer but allowing real friends to be in your party sounds interesting.  Just don't go all Warcraft to WoW on us though.  Looks like a 110% better version of Warband, which is saying a lot!  I still play the Prophecy of Pendor mod for it since your recent patch and their newer release and am slowly learning how to mod which is an added bonus.  Çok teşekkürler!

http://giphy.com/gifs/Zi3FSusRIXbeE/html5
  4. Cramdawg

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

The coolest thing for me besides all of the great factions, bandits, and knighthood orders was the way the devs integrated the "prophecy" aspect into the game.  I would like to see a little more divine judgement and hear more voices as it were, if they ever made another version.

Further suggestions would be "better" gem merchants at the mine of Aziz, a way for the Seers or other bandit armies to take towns and form their own factions, and a forest-themed "castle" for the Noldor.

Lots of potential for PoP. 

I had a lot of fun playing this mod.  Best part was probably fighting Wolfbode the Slayer and the demon army.
    Cudos also to the voice actors.         
  5. Cramdawg

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 10 - Materialistic Approaches

So if I were a wannabe modder, what should I be learning while waiting for the release of M&B II: Bannerlord?  I know you said that there will be no Module System and fewer to no hard-coded components, thus making it easier for noobs to mess with.  Will it still be Python and Marco Tarini's Open BRF with any 3D editor and an Image Manipulation Program (assuming that a new Open BRF is programmed and released for the community after Banerlord is released), or should we be digging deeper?  Just thinking ahead.  :mrgreen:
  6. Cramdawg

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

vortexofdoom said:
    The eventual mod concept would be a Warcraft conversion, so a "mishmash" of everyone would be appropriate in-world.  Obviously that mod is quite a ways off, but I want some basic systems to work before I'd ask for any art help.  Rewriting strings and making the map is where I'm starting, but I'm conceptualizing some deeper gameplay mechanics before I decide where to take the mod.

Warcraft would make an excellent M&B mod.  With some good cat mounts and such you would definitely have something.  Someone made a mod called Surrealarms for regular M&B that had excellent models for orcs and night elves, but it was just a display and the only model used by anyone to my knowledge was a barbarian figure that appears in Prophecy of Pendor.  Worgs, orcs, goblins, dwarves and elves in TLD.  I'll keep an ear out for your mod.  Sounds like something I would love.   
  7. Cramdawg

Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Beaowulf said:
    I would love to see a real singleplayer viking mod, that takes place in scandinavia and england

I'm reading a book on the Northern Crusades and looked up some stuff on the German island of Rügen, where the Slavic tribe Rani had an interesting fortress setup on top of the cliffs--In 1168, took 4 weeks of siege by the Danes and their Bishop to take the fortress Arkona, and the Rani fleet was lost in a storm off of Norway with most of its army.  But they used to reciprocate raids from the Danes for the duration of a couple hundred years, back and forth, for which they were later considered pirates (even though the Christian leaders who persecuted them did the ultimate pilfering).  With all elements combined, a Viking map around the Baltic would be exciting if centered around the waterways with sea battles. 
  8. Cramdawg

Meddeling with the occult

I was hoping that this thread was actually on the occult.  No occult!  If you're going to anger the gods, you may as well throw a little black magic in there. 

"Mistah Crowley...he dead!"

9. Cramdawg

Will Mount & Blade II draw you away from Pendor? (for a while anyway...)

Nekolacek said:
    Sadly not... i am not kidding :razz:
    Still can play Skyrim , MA , S.T.A.L.K.E.R , Dragon Age'n stuff....
    Yeah , thr framerates doesnt go more than 40 and there are occasional crashes but nothing critical :smile:)
    Welo , enough of being OT for today..

I'm pretty much in the same boat.  Been an Elder Scrolls fan since Morrowind but I've stayed clear of Skyrim and the new ES Online (and other games) until I can justify an upgrade.  Good times. 
  10. Cramdawg

Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

SHADOW OF THE GREEN WOLF

NOTE:  With BANNERLORD somewhere on the horizon, this mod idea will be pending

TO THE POINT
    I like authentic medieval warfare as much as the next guy, but I also appreciate a good fantasy infusion, and what I have seen in mods like PoP, Floris, Diplomacy, and The Third Age inspired an idea that I would never be able to implement on my own.

THE GUTS OF THE IDEA
    1) PC travels to a raw continent long after that area's civilization has crumbled to find work as a mercenary (or merchant, or cook, or whatever you want it to be).  A Germanic fortress perched high on the cliffs, along the rocky shore of the sea, is the only sign of civilized life.  But in the marshes below a large coven of witches have become agitated by the return of the Germanic knights whom they know are in pursuit of the goddess Holda and her army of disgruntled dead (or whatever).

2) Game allows the PC to try and rebuild the fallen faction with options to befriend several armies, such as Celt-like half-elven forest people, "white" witches, Amazon women, the evil mammoth-riding Nordic slaver lords to the east, or whatever people want these days, by completing quests and gaining influence.  In addition, the PC will be able to help the invading knights establish walled villages and fortresses that are upgrade-able to towns. 

3) Through diplomacy or warfare the PC can lord over any of these town options at the expense or gain of allies.         

4) The evil baddie reveals himself /herself in time and suddenly all these new towns are under threat as huge armies of demons or "black" witches or undead sorcerers are marching around the walls.  Time to gather your allies!

5)  That's basically it.  I want to somehow upgrade villages to towns over the span of game-years while the PC is having fun conquering and questing and finding hidden treasures. 

IF YOU'RE STILL READING

Here are some things I wrote in my spare time for this possible community project:

[TITLE PENDING]

A Land Without a Name

The year is ___.  At the southern edge of a churning sea that countless dead souls have rowed across, many falling prey to leviathans, or worse, begins a land whose name has long been forgotten.  Here the dense marshes surround deciduous rainforest and flat savanna before the weathered green mountains that form a backbone for a harsh living landscape.  Once the heart of a rich and powerful kingdom of white citadels, now the chambers lay haunted, forgotten and defiled, a ragged foundation to a menagerie of villages, covens, and wandering bands; a habitat for wild creatures both wonderful and deadly. 
    Your destination is simple:  a Germanic outpost cradled high above the waves, ancient fortress of an ill-fated crusade which stands as the only trace of what you know as civilization:  The coastal town of Einfühlung, now a Germanic trading center, where adventurous treasure hunters and heavily-armored conquistadors launch misguided campaigns into the wilds in search of gold, precious gemstones, enchanted artifacts, lost knowledge, potent magic, and death.

"Here, at the Throne of Holda, we will trample the dead army underfoot!"
                            --last recorded words of King Ælfgar, Master of the Order of the Midsummer Fire

[Picturing Castle Tomar, Portugal, with a town surrounding the fortress just outside the garden grounds of the court]

Looking out from the hilly meadows at what has been called The Throne of Holda, the descent of oak becomes forested marshland and home to various witch covens before touching the crystal clear Thanu River and then rising into the __ mountains.  Heading north, the marshes become flood plains and then boreal forest.  To the south, the marsh thickens and acquiesces before the might of a boreal rainforest known as Holda's Garden.  Little is known about this place and it is said that magical creatures, former playthings of Titans, thought to have vanished long ago, hold sentinel in its thick shadows.  At the threshold is where Holda was allegedly born and where she first envisioned her army of witches and disgruntled dead.   
        Siren Falls, just below Mount __ in the ____ Gorge is the home of the Council of the Owl, a rebel alliance of former heretics, knights, and outlaws. 
        The northwestern savannas display the raw beauty of Queen Thalestris and her last legion of fierce women warriors.  A relic of former TYMORIA, they haul their mobile fortresses along the lakes and seas of their sultry homeland to repel invaders. 

NARRATOR says to PC:
        "...Perhaps you are the one who can resurrect the lost kingdom and unite its faded, fractured parts; maybe you will see wisdom in preserving the nature that has reclaimed it; or maybe you will become just another stinking corpse--food for scavengers.  The choice is yours as you venture into these forgotten lands to make a name for yourself; or to be forgotten."     

Major FACTIONS:

  Great Slave Rebellion
    A large number of slaves have escaped their mammoth-riding lords at the foot of the savanna and have formed under the leadership of ___, who claims that a lost city of Titans can transform them into fierce warriors capable of defeating their former overlords.

  Queendom of the Oiorpata 

Fierce women warriors of the savannas serve their leader, Queen Thalestris, from mobile fortresses that accompany them on their cavalry raids.  Largely composed of [Xena-type cavalry], lightly-armored berserker infantry troops, and apprentice archers with deadly accuracy, they have begun conquering the forest villages of their neighbors, the Druidic tribes of the Scordiscian Alliance, while continuing their perpetual assault on the Nordic slaver lords.  Their patron goddess is Themiscyra. 

  The Slaver Lords
    Mammoth riders of the northeastern savannas who utilize a vast pool of slaves from across a wide northern desert for labor, prostitution, and as sacrifices to their gods.

  The Scordiscian Alliance
    Druidic tribes of the forest have formed an alliance to combat the warmongering Oirpata and a new threat of demons flooding in from the south.  Scordiscians are totemic animal-worshipers who ride large deer (elk) into battle.  Their major god is Cernennos. 

  Coven of the Seers
    "White" Witches of the swamps united together

    The Ghost Titan [or whatever makes an evil badass horde faction]
    EKIMMU the big badass resurrected Titan-god, evil spirits, "black" witches, Goddess Holda, undead sorcerers, disgruntled dead

Minor FACTIONS:

$  The Owl Creek Outcasts
    $  Highwaymen
    $  Mystical Creatures
    $  Knighthoods
    $  Adventurers

Knighthoods to include:
    ->Order of the Midsummer Fire
    --based on the old tradition of lighting midsummer bonfires to combat witches and demons (mentioned in Frazer's The Golden Bough).  Traditionally, they gathered on their hilltops to fight Holda's army of the dead.  They linger in Einfühlung in hopes that the order will be restored so that they may continue their crusade against heresy and the forces of darkness. 

->Frau Frau Foxes
    --A knighthood comprised of heavily-armored cavalry women who wear fox helms and armored male foot knights with bear helms. 

-> An order of your own making

Secret Society:
    ->Brotherhood of the Green Wolf
    --Similarly found in Frazer's _The Golden Bough_ and is a secret society of scholars, merchants, craftsmen, and warriors who combat witchcraft and slavery. 

That's it for now but I'll keep working on it.

Hope to "see" everyone in BANNERLORD soon!
  11. Cramdawg

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

I still play PoP off and on since your latest version and I love the custom knighthood addition.  Still never won the game and I would feel bad if I did.

12. Cramdawg

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

I would have to agree with others that the combat system and graphics of WB are excellent and I don't know why people are even whining about that.  If you want the sword to actually come out of the screen and cut your head off you'll have to wait another decade or so--unfortunate as that revelation might be for all of us. 

NPC personality, interaction, customization, and gameplay are what I hope to see, even if it's minimal (obviously depending on budget).  Would also be nice to see spouses on the battlefield and a little strategy, maybe even some non-royal marriage options (just throwing that out there; thinking early Venice).       

At any rate I'll be curiously awaiting _M&B2: Bannerlord_
Back
Top Bottom