Search results for query: *

1. Lord Samuel

Dev Blog 02/08/18

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
    I'm glad they admit now they are really a dev blog company. Hopefully they will show some new dev blogs at Gamescom.

:lol:
    That made me laugh real hard.
  2. Lord Samuel

Dev Blog 21/06/18

zabfalat said:
    Rainbow Dash said:
    Every week the developer blogs get later and later.

"Ever get that feeling of déjà vu?"
    Every week the developer blogs get later and later.
  3. Lord Samuel

Dev Blog 03/05/18

Ki-Ok Khan said:
    Why are not we done with these childish silly lame repetitive "sarcastic" posts yet?
    Because they're kinda funny.
  4. Lord Samuel

Dev Blog 26/04/18

froggyluv said:
    What's next:
      Movement: Moving around is key as is knowing your surroundings in this dangerous and chaotic world. Luckily you'll have your trusty mouse to watch out for obstacles like Trees, rocks and small farm animals. Using your keyboard W key will give you the freedom to move and drive forward. The letter A will be your ally in allowing you to sidestep left - a nifty treat.  D will allow the same in a more Right manner while pressing and holding S, watchout!! your moving backwards!

Looking About: almost as important as moving we have the ability now to ' look around' with the wizardry of mouse magic. Next week we'll talk about things to look at but not get lost in thought in such as big puffy clouds, tiled and non tiled floors and the naughty adventures of keyholes.

Thanks for the laugh !  :lol:
  5. Lord Samuel

Dev Blog 12/04/18

bladeex said:
    I'm afraid that they had to start everything from scratch for some reason and there will be more delay

Could someone explain/elaborate?

I played M&B 10 years ago and absolutely loved it. Now, I can see that people get angry, but no one seem to know the reasons why there has been a delay.
    I'd like to understand what the rumors are.
  6. Lord Samuel

Dev Blog 11/01/18

Innocent Flower said:
    When I read this, I thought "holy ****, foreign invasions" but then I later realised that the Aserai were the mentioned faction, there's no more-south desert faction that'll sweep in and take lands.  I'd really like to see some off-calradia interactions. (...)

I'd like stuff to make the world feel bigger.

Yeah, totally. There were several mods doing that in the old days. "Native Expansion" featured a random invasion by a very large group of overpowered black knights. They also had beautiful, overpowered weapons and armor. The hardest part was to actually win a battle. Then the loot was fantastic, and you could take  them down, one army at a time.
    Ah, Native Expansion. One of the best mod I've seen, I'm sure.

My point is, maybe this sort of things will be relatively easy to mod anyway.
  7. Lord Samuel

so count dickbutt Larquin tried to have me killed

nilloc93 said:
    i don't recall asking for tips on how to improve game mechanics a simple "no" would have been fine.

its generally considered rude to assume that people have not grasped basic game mechanics....

Don't be a douche, man.

On topic, I wish there were more possibilities regarding assassination attempts.

If the assassin is discovered, you should be able to ask him for material/financial reparations, and if he won't comply, ask your king/liege to imprison the man, or duel him, or go to mini-war with him to get your demands, with the king getting angry with both of you if the conflict lasts too long...

Of course, NPC lords should be able to do that as well, event against you.
  8. Lord Samuel

NE Sieges & Scenes Pack - get a second ladder for your sieges! 9th Jan. 2013

dynasyhan said:
    To check that you have the latest version, go to the village of Balanli and check if there's a beach.

Lol that is one funny way to check for version!  :mrgreen:

Of course, you also have to post a screenshot of your character wandering on the beach in Balanli, in the bathing sunset.
    If possible with a girl NPC at your side.

This is the way to check that you reeeeally have the very last version.  :smile:
  9. Lord Samuel

Other great strategy games

[list type=decimal]
    [*]Crusader Kings II (CK2)

[*]Medieval: Total War 2 (MTW2)
    [/list]

The utlimate medieval game would be a combination of CK2 for the Grand Strategy+MTW2 for battle management+M&B-WB for RPG and FPS.
  10. Lord Samuel

mike56 said:
    Dont worry, I think villiges and castles work perfect. Only the towns has these bugs.

OK, I checked. And... I'm sorry, I don't experience the same problems. I have been in Veluca, Jelkala, not having any trouble with the scenes.

Temp_Veluca_OK.jpg
    As you can see, it has nothing in common with your version of it... Not even the furniture!

As you're the only one who has reported such a bug for now, I suppose your problem comes from a bad install, or from a mod.

The SSP should always  be installed last and on top of all mods.
    Everytime there's an update in a mod, you should reinstall the SSP.

So, maybe you should reload the Pack (and also not forget the proper scenes.txt file included)...

Please let me know.
  11. Lord Samuel

mike56 said:
    Oh, oh. I think there's a problem with the rhodok scenes. Look at that:

Can you please check if you have the same problem? This is the lord's room of Veluca, with flying objects:

2013012100002.jpg

And these are the streets of another rhdok town:

2013012100001n.jpg

Can't remember which, but all the rhodoks towns has the same bug. Not the other's kingdoms.
    Thanks.

DAMNIT.
    I'll have to check the villages as well, then?

Thanks for reporting that, mike56. I'll have a look as soon as I can.
  12. Lord Samuel

Can't Load Game!

Giavinh said:
    Please help, I installed Native Expansion 1.0
    Then I installed the patch from mbrepository.
    Now I can't load my old game with over 200 days and the error message is as followed:

Load Error: Number of simple triggers in file: 126, exceeds 125

Please help,
    Thanks.

Dude, you're trying to install an already outdated (and probably incompatible) version of the mod.
    The version listed on your link is clearly defined as "For M&B version: Warband 1.134".

Of course, if you're still actually playing on Warband 1.134, installing this version of Native Expansion should not pose you any problem.

But if you've updated Warband ever since (we are now at Warband 1.153)...
    Please download the latest version of Native Expansion from this forum main download page.
  13. Lord Samuel

Tocan said:
    wow, awesome work! do you give me your permission to use it in my mod?

Of course. But if you wish to download the full pack, be careful to use the NATIVE WORLDMAP version, not the NATIVE EXPANSION one.
  14. Lord Samuel

How to take Reyvadin?

brzi said:
    i picked the sally out tactic and it worked perfectly. halberdiers proved to be a bad choice because they don't use shields. priests are a poor choice because they don't kill, they just KO. cavaliers also have a high KO percentage. paladins were perfect for the job - they have shields and cutting weapons and they do their job pretty quick. i brought reyvadin down from +1100 to 350 (0 ivory sentinels and 40 knyazs) and then i used infantry + archers tactic. a line of infantry held ground in front of the archers. the archers took out the archers on the wall and then the infantry charged. in the end i lost 150-200 troops. that's not much considering they took out a +1100 garrison that included ~460 elite archers.

sadly, reyvadin was given to someone else, together with 200 of my elite units inside it  :evil:
    earlier in the game i took literally half of the map for swadia and i only hold a town and a castle. i have a lot of renown, 30 relation with the queen and no controversy. i didn't even get the option to keep dhirim and renounce my oath to swadia. after reyvadin i took another castle (before reyvadin was given), that may have caused the game to assign reyvadin to someone else

Can't you go independant?
  15. Lord Samuel

How to take Reyvadin?

Yeah, of course. 400 Elite archers are a bit much.
    Your goal is to reduce the number of archers on the walls.

Maybe you should consider doing the job yourself at first (i.e, attacking with well-protected infantry troops standing ground, while you're sniping the Elite archers one at a time)?
    It can give good results.
  16. Lord Samuel

How to take Reyvadin?

Did you try the following tactic:
    - I attack with an archer-only army, they stand ground, and while they deplete the ennemy's troops on the walls,
    - I kill the ennemy with a bow and a lot of ammunition, targetting the ennemy archers first.
    - When my men or myself are mostly out of ammo, I just retreat from battle using the 'retreat from battle' passage, if it exists. Sometimes it means running to the borders of the map, though.
    - Then siege again and retreat. And again. And again.
    - When the garrison has been depleted of most of its archers, I know I can't lose anymore.

Sometimes I go replenish my own troops with infantry and cavalry to prepare for the final assault, sometimes I don't even bother, and just kill everyone without even setting foot on the ladders.

This is quite a famous tactic -although some people will consider it as an exploit.
  17. Lord Samuel

Native Expansion for Warband - Download & Install Details

@Winddancer:

Hello, I'm the guy in charge of the Pack around here.
    The dedicated thread is here : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,178784.0.html

I have to ask you: when did you downloaded the SSPack? I'm asking this because I updated the link yesterday in the afternoon.
    Can you open Modules/Native Expansion/scenes.txt, and tell me what number you see on the second line of the text?
    It should read:
    Code:
    scenesfile version 1

If it isn't 554, you should download the new scenes.txt file here.

Anyway, if the trouble persists, I'll try to have a look into it this week-end.
  18. Lord Samuel

Need someone to make a city scene / camp scene for NE

Do you still need someone on the job? 'cause I'd be interested.
  19. Lord Samuel

My bad, it IS updated now.

Thank you, Mike56.

In other news, this Pack gets an average 1.000 downloads/month for quite some time, now...

Peaks of DLs are observed with each new version of Native Expansion being released.
  20. Lord Samuel

All right, I updated the SSP Pack, both for Native 1.153 AND Native Expansion.
    Apparently v.1.153 of Warband included 2 new scenes, which was messing up everything.

The revised versions are available from the first page of this thread.

I tested the new pack with NE, and it was working.
    Started a game in Shariz with no trouble.

If you do encounter troubles or glitches with the SSP, please report them ! :smile:

@mike56: thank you for your answer!
Back
Top Bottom