Search results for query: *

1. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Roads sound like a good idea; but I'm more interested in hearing about character aging and the possibility of character death and dynastic succession.
  2. Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

ROAR!  Looking fantastic! One of the most exciting updates yet. This game is sounding too good!

I'm interested in how you plan to handle the NPCs. Warband was brilliant in using vague-yet-concise language to tell the player what the Lord's motivations are, without sounding mechanical or forced. Will NPCs and their personalities be read by some kind of "status" screen, or will it be hidden in the mechanics for the player to intuit (my preference actually).

Also, as someone once brought up, what of the notion of death?  Mount & Blade's omission of death was absolutely brilliant, and it helped the player learn that Failure Is Okay.  That said, death can add a great deal of drama.  Problem is, you have to replace the character somehow.

If children were implemented, you could have youth that have names, personalities, and they can "come of age" and join the game. That said, death does add countless variables, so I understand its implementation could be outside the scope of the game.  Still, assassinating an enemy lord, or even falling in battle and having to continue the game as your adopted son would give the game just that much more reason to Never Play Any Other Game Again.
Back
Top Bottom