Search results for query: *

1. HockerTJ

Custom Settlements Original Thread

I figured that "she" was too good natured to be a guy :smile: I'd been wondering a while, but didn't want to ask, as it really makes no difference at all. Though it is amusing how most men will change their "tone" once they "know"
  2. HockerTJ

Excellent work Wicked! keep it up! Can't wait to see and play your future installments!
    I too like the idea of making it cost, as I think I said previously and 'few' pages back, it should cost to have troops trained and outfitted, though if we are paying for it they should all have the proper heraldry and what not. I also like the troop tree idea, I mean really I can't imagine there really being 10 lines (slight exaggeration) in a troop tree. Your either green, trained, trained with some XP (vet), or grisly (champion, warrior, profession soldier) take your pick. Though I a sure that you can choose neat names for it... but I don't think the average 'Joe the Plumber' :smile: should turn into a knight, that should be held for minor nobles and such.

Anyways I really like where you going with this and can't wait for the final product.

Any estimate of when you'll have the next installment.
  3. HockerTJ

Can some one please ban/mute/gag timedanze? 

Timedanze please grow up, just a little. If you are having physical road blocks (as in you are actually 7 years old) just stop posting so much and let everyone that is physically close to you know how wonderful this forum is.
  4. HockerTJ

Do you want firearms in the BoW files, or in the BoWx files?

No Guns. Let us use the blades of battle!  I think using Guns would detract from the essence of the game. that's just my opinion though.
  5. HockerTJ

New Download for 1.010/1.011

one question here, I downloaded the "Items file is a patch for BoW 1011 a005" and it didn't download as a file but opened another page with a bunch of script? do I just copy and paste this somewhere?
  6. HockerTJ

read the first page of the thread, should all be outlined in the second post.
  7. HockerTJ

action oriented mod?

If you really like constant action try Garniers Game play mod, it has penalties for the player if you do not continually fight, you lose skill points and your morale drops fast if you don't fight pretty much constantly.
    Also if your not careful you can be injured and become wounded which will also cause you to lose stats as well.
  8. HockerTJ

Pianista, let me break something down that I wish the rest of the newb's would get across their minds, use the search option before you post questions, even if it's on a thread you've been involved with.

Common sense seems to be severely lacking in too many people, before I made my first post I watched and read thru different threads, saw many people getting flammed and saw why! Pull your head out of your

arse and pay attention, don't be so lazy that you can't be bothered to use the search option let alone trying to read thru the thread a little bit.

Wickedshot, so far I think the game is excellent, I do have to agree on a couple points made before, I think perhaps it does take a little long to get started, having said that, it is most assuredly more realistic then native or previous versions where you'd be a king in a matter of a month...

If I might suggest a progression, though I am sure that you already have a plan in place, (I think you may have already said you plan on this but just to add my 2 cents) having a new map would be good but also the setting to laid out that this is a "new" land in which refugees a warriors are attempting to settle, with that though I would think that in any given land there would already be a couple large towns or small cities which would help.

I have more thoughts, but I think I'll leave off and not over whelm the post here with my ideas or thoughts.

Thanks for releasing .6 so that we can get a feel for what you are doing!
  9. HockerTJ

once the hero companions claim there own settlements, will they act like factions in the sense that they will fight each other and us?
  10. HockerTJ

So far it's looking good! Am I right in thinking that by helping the hero's you mean that we have to find them in a fight currently or follow them until the get into one and then join in.
  11. HockerTJ

Tournament Profit v0.1

I know what you mean about the betting thing, but It's very unlikely that anyone is going to be able to start the game with 10,000...

I would suggest that you lower it a bit (alot)

When I adjust the betting amounts I use this scale.

500  400  300  200  100

I find this allows you to still make a good chunk of change, but not enough so that you are all of a sudden independantly wealthy an no longer need to look for money.
  12. HockerTJ

Cool thanks, just wanted to make sure I had the right of it, and to hopefully stem the next ten pages with the same questions! lol

Ok this may be a simple thing here, but where do we get cattle from and tools if none of the other settlements and villages have merchants yet?

That and I don't really see any bandits around... except in the empt-settlements. I've been having to ride around and use the cheat to give little pushes to the different settlements.
  13. HockerTJ

downloaded and be playing momentarily! thanks!!!

Just so it's clear, as it's not 100% for me. All the "Empty(etc)" settlements are non occupiable by the player, but can be built up by the NPC's? Or is it just the actual settlements that are... ah... growable and useable?
  14. HockerTJ

SP Musket Era M&B: Native within Reality*UPDATED*1/13/09

I think you need to re-read history my friend, it does specify that the Danes were the majority of the invaders. Check out the link in my previous post and perhaps if you read a little further down then the opening statement, you see that:

From about AD 800 waves of Danish assaults on the coastlines of the British Isles were gradually followed by a succession of Danish settlers. Danish raiders first began to settle in England starting in 865, when brothers Halfdan Ragnarsson and Ivar the Boneless wintered in East Anglia. They soon moved north and in 867 captured Northumbria and its capital, York, defeating both the recently deposed King Osberht of Northumbria, as well as the usurper Ælla of Northumbria. The Danes then placed an Englishman, Ecgberht I of Northumbria, on the throne of Northumbria as a puppet.

Under Ivar the Boneless, the Danes continued their invasion in 869 by defeating King Edmund of East Anglia at Hoxne and conquering East Anglia.

Try not to be so focused on what you want to see and look at the facts.

Edit:

Yes it may not have been the entire british isle that they controled, so the previous person may have been off a little, but the only part of "England" the didn't ever fully control was Wessex, though wessex had to pay tribute more than once to keep the Danes from over running them.
  15. HockerTJ

The vikings were Scandinavians. Later on, the term, Viking, became synonymous with "naval expedition" or "naval raid", and a víking was a member of such expeditions.

Being that Denmark would be part of Scandinavia it just goes to show that all those "Vikings" that controled most of England on and off again with the English, consisted of the kingdoms of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.
  16. HockerTJ

And just having looked it up a little, because I didn't want to state my simple knowledge. The danes were indeed a power house in england, many get them mixed by calling them simple vikings. But the whole eastern side of england was rule by Dane Law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danelaw

17. HockerTJ

just thought i'd point out the the danes and the dutch are not the same.
  18. HockerTJ

Tonight would be good... :smile: just think, it would give us the chance to help you find all the bugs faster... :grin: and it's not like anyone is expecting 1.0 I think we all understand it's a WIP. most people are still amazed that you've powered thru as fast as you have!
  19. HockerTJ

Sooo Wickedshot... been waiting all week  :mrgreen: are you going to be able to release .6 this weekend?

Can't wait man!
  20. HockerTJ

Couldnt find it anywhere - Modding Skills

Here check out this list part size is like the fourth one down.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.0.html

here are a couple of skill link related types you'll find on the page.

11. Adjust the way the persuasion skill works. This has the 5 instances of Persuasion skill, and tells you how to change 4 of them.

12. Change persuasion to be based on charisma (or any stat)

13. Change how much trade skill affects things. (Also see Lancefighter's post below it for a color coded quote of the script.)

Perhaps if you are lucky you may be able to find more in the threads themselves.
Back
Top Bottom