Search results for query: *

• Users: Winter
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Winter

The Zone: Stalker Stories -- New game by an old M&B dev & modder!

It's been a while since I've been back in these lands... A few of the old folks might remember me from when I made StoryMod and CraftMod, back in the day. So I wanted to stop by and show you something new that I've been working on. It's a post-apocalyptic top-down RPG with card combat...
  2. Winter

The Next World - Seeking your input

Hullo chaps, Some of you may remember -- perhaps even played! -- my latest big game, The Next World. (Taleworlds topic) Well, I'm working on an expansion for it with a bunch of excellent new features, and I need more ideas. Among the excellent new features will be a lot more random events to...
  3. Winter

Beta testing for free game keys

Hullo chaps, I'm currently recruiting a few dedicated, reliable people to test my latest game, and I wanted to give people here a crack at it. The Next World is a strategy/visual novel hybrid, a bit like The Banner Saga in space. We're already on Steam, coming later this month. Check out the...
  4. Winter

Euclidean

Game's out! People seem to like it. Maybe you would too. http://store.steampowered.com/app/398180
  5. Winter

Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox indie

Hullo chaps, just wanted to start a thread for an awesome game which doesn't appear to have been mentioned yet: Malevolence. It's an old-school, first-person, roguelike RPG with sweet modern graphics and production values. It's super-great, and I know this because I'm lead writer on the project...
  6. Winter

Need Beta Readers

Hi there. I'm Winter. As you may know, I write, and I've got a few books out. Right now I'm looking for some people who can help me, by reading and providing feedback on some of my in-progress material, ahead of publication. Ideally you'd have a good bit of free time and like to read...
  7. Winter

GRYPHONWOOD PRESS/BLADE RED PRESS Halloween Giveaway

Hi everyone, I'm here to tell you about Gryphonwood Press's Halloween event, where every book in our catalogue (including my own STREET: Empathy) will be free for a day from e-book distributor Smashwords. We've set up Smashwords coupon codes for all of the books, which you can find here...
  8. Winter

For those of you with Twitters . . .

(Posted this in the wrong place initially, here it is again.) I've just started a piece of Twitter fiction, a first-person cyberpunk thing of unknown length. Behold, SIGMA: https://twitter.com/sigmastory It's set in the same world as my STREET novels, though not in the same period, and most...
  9. Winter

For those of you with Twitters . . .

I've just started a piece of Twitter fiction, a first-person cyberpunk thing of unknown length. Behold, SIGMA: https://twitter.com/sigmastory It's set in the same world as my STREET novels, though not in the same period, and most interestingly I'm making it interactive -- the main character...
  10. Winter

Street taking guest stories

I forgot to mention this here for our budding writer friends, so let me correct the oversight now! ;) Street, my serial online novel, will be going on a short summer holiday in a few weeks, and I'd like to invite everyone to submit your own cyberpunk/sci-fi stories to cover the publishing gap...
  11. Winter

[0.960] Instability with 900+ items

Like in previous versions, the game gets increasingly unstable when adding more than about 900 items. With the growing number of items in Native this is increasingly becoming a problem for mods and modders, and I'm having to make big cuts and sacrifices in Craftmod just to get the game to stop...
  12. Winter

[0.960] UPDATE: Craftmod CEP 1.8.4 released (01/07/2008)

After more than a year without a public release, the Craftmod Community Expansion Project splashes back into the modern day! It has gone through a complete redesign and is now available on M&B 0.960. Another bugfix is out: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1400.0.html Also...
  13. Winter

Need a programmer (Paid, somewhat)

I'm looking for a good programmer to code up an online card game client for me. I've got the rules, I've got the art, I've even got a publisher, I just need the client in order to make it a successful product. In exchange for the help, I'm willing to hand over a portion of royalties for every...
  14. Winter

Another New Book: "Written In Blood"

A mere six months after the last one, I'm back with another book! This one is another medieval fantasy with swords and wars and a tantalising hint of magic. It's also a standalone novel that's not part of any series. If that sounds good, well, it should! Check it out at the Written In Blood...
  15. Winter

Win 2 copies of Street: Empathy

As proof that miracles never cease, I am now a published author, with the first book of my Street series ( http://streetofeyes.com ) in print and the others guaranteed publication as well, when I finish them. That bears some relation to this post. Ever since I joined the M&B community back in...
  16. Winter

Craftmod 0.903 now taking on testers.

I've put together a working test release for Craftmod 0.903, and we're taking on testers in this thread on MBX: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,1190.0.html If you want in, just post on that thread and I'll give you access to the beta-testing forums. This should bring back some...
  17. Winter

[0.903] agent_get_wielded_item call crashes game

Whenever I try to call agent_get_wielded_item, either from module_scripts or from module_scene_props, it instantly crashes the game. No assert or anything, just a plain old crash. Briefly, Winter
  18. Winter

[0.89X] Party AI bug

In my modding work in 0.89X, parties of the same faction are avoiding and attacking each other. This is not a mod bug -- the parties in question have no custom AI scripts attached. Tersely, Winter
  19. Winter

[0.892 Module System] Bug: pf_no_label

In the 0.892 module system, any parties with the party flag pf_no_label will not show up on the overland map. Instead of simply hiding their label, pf_no_label renders the icons completely invisible. Disappointedly, Winter
  20. Winter

[RESOLVED] [0.891/0.892] Crash on startup

A strange thing happens on my Windows Vista laptop -- 0.890 works quite alright, but 0.891 and 0.892 both crash seconds after I click 'Play Mount&Blade' on the splash screen. This makes it a bit difficult for me to keep modding. Dispiritedly, Winter
Back
Top Bottom