Search results for query: *

1. SovietSoldier

Serverside Slot Setting?

Alright, I'll bite.

Basically, I tried to have the slots set serverside by using an event in game_network_receive_message. It sets the slot and pretty much uses the client version of such an event to spread to all players present to truly make it server-side.

*EDITED*

Whoops, figured it out, it was my incorrect use of sending integers to server operation. Added a spare player_id.
  2. SovietSoldier

Serverside Slot Setting?

Hello, So, I haven't had the necessity of using slots so much until now, before I could do workarounds or at least rely on them to work locally, but the problem is that when you set/get slots, they only work for the local host of a server, they won't work on a dedicated server and it won't get...
  3. SovietSoldier

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I have a script that assigned particular position to a player and teleports him to it based on which scene prop he used, and this position has defined x, y, and z coordinates. Those coordinates were obtained when I was editing a map while hosting a local server, and the it really does teleport me to the exact position I specified. I should also mention that they have a set fixed point multiplier, because tping you to a position doesn't work without it.

However, I tried doing this in a dedicated server, and it simply teleported me to some weird spot on the map, a border area, in fact, all scene props lead to the same area, which is really confusing. So, my question is, how do I convert coordinates in a local server to a dedicated one?

One alternative I tried was assigning a scene prop to be defined as pos1, and then through this teleporting the player to the scene prop, but for some reason it doesn't do so and messes up, getting the wrong location.
  4. SovietSoldier

MP Fantasy [WB] Herrâfell Roleplay - Coming December 2014 - Crafting, GUI, Wolves!

This Dev Diary was taken from our forums, providing screenshots of our chat concepts:

Hey all!

Lately, I've figured that doing a dev diary and letting you see the progress we've made is not such a bad idea after all, so allow me to bring forth a concept I wish to show:

Communication. It was vital in past roleplay servers on Warband and will always be. The standard form that most of our players are used to entails the following: a roll option (for determining chance), a /me command for describing actions committed by a character, the local chat, and the shout and whisper chats. All of this I will show you:

The first is the roll option, in this we have a little box that shows up when you press P, and you can choose any value from 0 to 100, and it will show you a result, as can be observed:

1024x590.resizedimage

As you can see, in this instance we picked 56 as our value, though I am sure the players will use 100 most of the time, it was standard on  a few other RP servers.

1024x590.resizedimage

There you are!

This brings us to our next option, which is the /me button, and that would be the M key. Once you press, a chat box will pop up, and all you'll need to do is type in the action, there's no need to even add /me to it.

1024x590.resizedimage

So, all I typed in was "sits back in his sofa, exhaling deeply", and the module did the work for me, displaying my name and sending it as a string to the server.

Now we face the three interesting chats that will move roleplay, and they each have different ranges. I should also add that the /me and rolls function with "sound ranges" as well, they can only be seen if you are within 15-20 meters of the person rolling or using the /me chat. The whisper chat requires you to stand 1-2m away from someone to actually see their message. The key for this is K.

1024x590.resizedimage

The shout chat projects itself within 35 meters, so be ready to use it if you're attempting to make sales on our server or really wish to be heard! The shout key would be J.

1024x590.resizedimage

The standard local chat projects itself in a radius of 15-20 meters, and will be used more often than the other chats, it's pretty much the bread and butter of our server. The key picked for the local chat is U.

1024x590.resizedimage

And as a bonus, I shall show you the admin chat that we have, only admins can access it, obviously, and it projects all across the server.

1024x590.resizedimage

And that is it for today folks! Thanks for the attention!
  5. SovietSoldier

MP Fantasy [WB] Issatya Roleplay

I'd like to offer a post here honoring Shredzorz, the god who stood by us when we needed him the most, and still stands to help us when we need it and offer advice, even if he is busy with other projects.

Salute, without him we couldn't have gotten to where we are now.

EDIT: I'll still buy that tape for you.
  6. SovietSoldier

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

Docm30 said:
    Guess who?
    http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4286/pierreducos.jpg

He's now a recruitable companion for those who like their heroes a bit evil.
    I'd expect him to have a ****load of points into Intelligence.
  7. SovietSoldier

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

Arzeal said:
    Weaver said:
    Azreal, no way you can kill 6 goblin riders, armed only with a two-handed spear and beginners low combat skills. :smile:

Tralfaz, i had those problems with weird texture colouration too and switching from dx9 to dx7 did the trick for me. nothing else worked.
    Well, I actually fool around Dales trainning ground for hours and get to level 3 with over 100 pole arm skills, so I don't have any problem killing them  :lol:
    Erabor barrack only have single combat trainning, wonder if that's a feature.

Btw, found a small bug, Noldorin Horse Archer can't use their bows, they have bows and arrows armed yet they stayed unarmed & mounted.
    And when I defeated enemy parties by myself, there's always RED scripts-line appeared, nothing affected much, but I wished IP rewards would be as much as I defeat them along friendly.

Is there anyway to expand or switch Area of Operation for factions after closet opponent are defeated? After camping several weeks near the isolated Mt.Gor-bak smth (orange one near Mirkwoods) I noticed that they still moved their army out quite often, but they just hanged around the base. When I lured them back to Dales & Erabor lands for some Influence points, the lords' army most of the times always patrol around their bases as well.
    Yeah, same thing with Knights of Rivendell. I don't know, they have the sword, but they don't use it. Just some hand and shield fighting.
  8. SovietSoldier

Merlkir said:
    kosmik said:
    It might have been asked already, but are arenas or tournaments still in? (couldn't find them yesterday)

yes, look for the Training option in Barracks.
    Currently in my game I serve the Imladris, and so far I can't find a training option when I speak to the Barracks keeper. He gives me three options:

1) If I want to borrow some troops
    2) If I want to give back some troops
    3) If I want to review my troops

How do I try and train my troops, or just myself?
  9. SovietSoldier

Merlkir said:
    Sinistar said:
    Real sorry for the newbie question, but do I really need to get the enhanced version of 1.011? It's not much of a problem to me, but I've spent the last 3 hours downloading TLD (30-40 kb/sec isn't fast), and I wonder if I really need it, I run Vista, not Windows 7. Will it cause game-damaging problems? I did read the installation guide, and I see that the enhanced version is recommended, but do I really need to have it?

it helps with performance and reduces crashes greatly. A few pages ago Swyter posted an upload for the Enhanced .exe, that should be enough for you. Just download that and overwrite your own.
    Thanks a lot for the answer, I'm sure I'll love your mod.
  10. SovietSoldier

Real sorry for the newbie question, but do I really need to get the enhanced version of 1.011? It's not much of a problem to me, but I've spent the last 3 hours downloading TLD (30-40 kb/sec isn't fast), and I wonder if I really need it, I run Vista, not Windows 7. Will it cause game-damaging problems? I did read the installation guide, and I see that the enhanced version is recommended, but do I really need to have it?
  11. SovietSoldier

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

mikkel the great said:
    lol, is apparently misbehavin'!  :lol:
    Yeah, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't shut up either.
  12. SovietSoldier

Merlkir said:
    Sinistar said:
    I found an image on the ModDB page titled "Discussion after the Battle", is that a new feature added into the mod?

No. :grin:
    :grin: I like you. I like you a lot.
  13. SovietSoldier

I found an image on the ModDB page titled "Discussion after the Battle", is that a new feature added into the mod?
  14. SovietSoldier

Belendor Torheal Artendor said:
    I may try to rape our Russian Lesson's teacher so to be kicked out of school...and...to play non-stop!
    Do it. You know what you must do.
  15. SovietSoldier

Kazzan said:
    Most of these questions have already been asked once... Or twice... Or a hundred times... And since I've been following the mod for so long I mostly know the answers they are gonna give. I feel like a fanboy...
    Same. I feel ashamed when I see so many people asking questions that I already know the answer to, shows that I have no life wasting my time following a mod for a game. But then, I realize that this is not just any game, but this is Mount & Blade, and then I realize that this is not just any mod, but this is the Last Days of the Third Age, and I grin in a sinister fashion.
  16. SovietSoldier

The thing that I like about the mod is that the lords/commanders kicked major ass. It was seriously great, just following an Uruk Commander while he slaughters Rohirric men.
  17. SovietSoldier

Triglav said:
    Yes, old TLD didn't have siege fights, new TLD does. But as a part of more complex war mechanics. Can't just siege whatever you like, certain military and faction strength conditions must be met first.

Also some places can be fought over several times, others once captured are out of comission for good.
    Real excited for some close quarters combat in Osgiliath.
  18. SovietSoldier

Merlkir said:
    The Easterling culture was at a high level, and their smiths were almost as advanced as Gondorian smiths. Rhûn was one of the richest countries in Middle-earth and had mountains full of easily obtained copper, iron, and Gold with which they had access to vast resources of money and raw materials. The country's rich supplies of every kind of resource were enough to easily feed, clothe, and grant wealth to the nation's entire populace as well as granted Rhun's masterful smiths the time to make grandly exquisite armour and weapons of near unparalleled quality and effectiveness. Rhûnic armor was made from brass, along with the helmet; its dragon-skull-shape was made to intimidate enemies. <<< ruhn armor

I have no idea wher The ONe wiki got this, but my guess - they pulled it out of their asses. None of this is canon in any way.

(yeah, they have a TATW video there. Big surprise.)
    Yeah, they use much of their info from the movies, and even cards from the LOTR TCG. I don't get where LOTR TCG gets their ideas from either.
  19. SovietSoldier

As long as they have axes, I still love them.
Back
Top Bottom