Search results for query: *

1. Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Something I noticed in my games is that it seems items in the character inventory may get deleted when placed in the last/bottom few rows. Specifically, I would place some weapons or armor in the bottom row or two of my inventory, and after moving around for a few days trading, fighting, etc., these items would simply disappear. While I wouldn't really say this is game breaking, as I've never experienced an issue with items in the upper rows of the character inventory disappearing, I don't believe this should be occurring and have not experienced this with Native or other mods.

This occurred with a previous version (2.1 perhaps) and with the recently released 3.0 from Nexus Mods. I'm not sure if this is a personal problem or a common one, but it has happened to me more than once with the prior version and once more recently with the 3.0 release. Admittedly I have not really tested this issue thoroughly in order to investigate the cause of the problem. Has a similar issue ever been mentioned?

Thanks for the 3.0 release btw.
  2. Bounty hunt

I believe many of the unique armies count as Heretic/Adventurer, and they give you a huge amount or maybe even all the points necessary for the quest. One option is just to wait for one or more of the armies to spawn, and then take the quest and go after them.

If you've already accepted, I'd just roam around the map. In my experience, heretics/adventure companies are spread evenly throughout the map, as opposed to say Mystmountains or Jatu. Some of the village/castle steward quests can make heretics spawn (the one where the steward says "I've captured a heretic").
  3. speed up Custom Knighthood Order

If you want to speed up the training process, you need to get some levels into your companions. Level up their trainer, attributes, combat skills, and WP, and then your companions should be able to train your knights at a faster rate.

If you want to speed up the equipment phase, you are somewhat out of luck without changing the game files. I would suggest looking for intermediate equips that are cheap and fast but servicable (I commonly use Coursers, Haubergon, Coat of Plates, and one of the many helms that are around 55 armor, 20 days). Also consider focusing on getting your infantry throwing weapons, archers bows and arrows, and cavalry lances. Ranged options allow your troops the ability to deal damage while skimping somewhat on armor, while as you may have experienced even poor horsemen can rack up kills given a fast horse and a lance.
  4. Honor and how to get it.

When I look to gain honor at the beginning of the game (mostly to get to 70 for the knighthood order), I usually find a few things effective:

Roam around towns freeing lords and doing tournaments. I do this often near the beginning of games while gathering companions, hiring mercenaries, and hearing rumors. This is easier when you don't have pressing matters (your village is being raided, your castle is being sieged, etc.) to deal with. Freeing captured lords gives you 2 honor per person, which can give you a good chunk in a single prison break if multiple lords are imprisoned in one place. Tournaments also give you some honor (not sure on exact amount), in addition to good gold early on when you bet on yourself.

Hunt down lords during war and release them. This technique works better with high prisoner management (increases the chance you capture them). This assumes you have a strong enough standing army to take on most lords. I believe that this also gives 2 honor per person.

Hunt down Noldor patrols near Laria. Usually you will personally have to do most of the blunt-work against the Noldor; with a heavy cavalry-type setup this is usually easier. Each Noldor you release gives 1 honor; if you only use blunt weapons, you gain as much honor per battle as enemy Noldor you take down. This generally requires an even stronger army than it would to take down the average lord; I would encourage you bring plenty of high end heavy cavalry.
  5. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

SOVWARgoesSACPOP said:
    hmmm I did a bit more poking around in that price range (right on the edge of the normal/exceptional lists) and still couldnt find it... hmmmm. I'll need to find a different look!

I looked for myself and also couldn't find the Valdis armor. I am going with the assumption that as stated above, equipment is organized by cost. My understanding is that there are three places for body armor: "Exceptional Body Armor" > "Body Armor" > "Affordable Body Armor and Clothes."

For my knights, Exceptional body armor ranges from Noldor Rune (25,295) to D'Shar Dueling Armor (5,610), Body armor ranges from Dark Strapped Mail Coat (4,487) to D'Shar Studded Leather (1,362), and finally Affordable armor and clothes ranges from Haubergon (862) to Blue Tunic (10). For reference, my order has over 30 strength (so no armor should be excluded) and I unlocked both Noldor sets in addition to Maltise's item set.

I'm guessing that some of the armor is missing between the three sections of body armor. If it's true that items are arranged in terms of sell price/upgrade cost, with the three sections of body armor functioning as three non-overlapping subsets of the set of all armor, then either there exists no armor within the sell price ranges 5,610 to 4,487 and 1,362 to 862, or some pieces of armor can't be accessed. In my case, Valdis Huscarl armor (4,660 as stated above) has a price that would be between the "Exceptional Body Armor" and "Body Armor" sections. I would guess that there may be other pieces of body armor that aren't accessible due to the nature of the armor sections.

Bravado said:
    I'm having trouble with the snake cult stronghold.  They have ~1k troops

I'm lvl 39
    not affiliated with any factions (and the stronghold is kinda away from regular traffic)
    ~50 Northern, Western or RKs, 60 Eventide & 50 Gillmen.  So companions and about 170 high end all-cavalry units.

Anything that can help me will be appreciated  :smile:

I may have some idea when it comes to siege composition. In my experience I sieged with almost no archers, and instead focused on using strong melee units. Against the Snake Fortress, it can be difficult simply holding position and having archers snipe enemies from the walls. The Snake Cult Knights/Priestesses do fairly well when unmounted, as many of them use strong 2H weapons, so you need infantry or de-horsed cavalry that can match or best them.

I would suggest that your cavalry is equipped with either 1H+shield or 2H weaponry. I'm not too familiar with what each type of knight uses, but if too many of them go into battle with lance+shield, you can run into trouble. Your Ghilmen likely won't get too much use out of their bows; at range they will mainly hit the lowly Snake armsmen/followers, and when in melee there isn't much room inside the walls to make use of archery. While the total garrison is 1000, only about 200 are knights/priestesses. After you cut through them, the rest of the siege is much easier.
  6. [TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

ThundroX said:
    can you unlock more bows to your knights? because i can only use crappy bows :???:

All bows should be available by default, besides the Noldor bow. Make sure your knights/sergeants have enough power draw (4 PD allows you access to all the default bows), and then you can equip them with decent bows (on par with Grey Archers, Melitine archers, Ravenstern Rangers, etc). If you need more power draw, have a companion with good PD and possibly good trainer (Lethaldiran or Diev may be good choices) train your order.

To unlock the Noldor bow (Power Draw 6), unlock Elacrai, get relations with the Noldor to 70 or above, and then talk to the item vendor and ask him for the secrets to making Noldor items.
  7. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

felixng2011 said:
    How are broad heads better than the light pilums? Based on the stats I see the pilum seems better.

Hmm I have very high throwing proficiency and 10 power throw. I guess that might change what throwing weapon would be most effective.

So the assassin knives might actually be better than the pilums or broad heads due to accuracy? Can you throw them further? I am guessing the speed has to do with how far the weapon can be thrown?

Now I am thinking about the pilum or the assassin knives for cko.

I'd say that Empire Light Pila are better than Broadheads. They are equal or better when it comes to damage, stack size, missile speed, and weapon speed. I have found that Broadheads tend to be more common (more an issue for equipping you or your companions), in addition to requiring less Power Throw. Assuming you have high throwing stats and have access to both, I don't see too much of a reason to use Broadheads over Light Pila.

Assassin knives versus Light Pila I'd say can be argued both ways. The 50 missile speed of the knives trumps the 41 missile speed of light pila, which allows Assassin knives to hit more distant targets and more accurately clip fast targets (like cavalry). Light Pila bring more total damage for a full stack, though the faster weapon speed of the knives keeps the DPS of knives up. Light Pila also carry the useful attribute of extra shield damage, which probably make them the better option against shield based infantry (Empire, Fierdsvain).

As more of a personal opinion, I much prefer the look of mass light pila being thrown at an enemy over mass assassin knives. It's pretty hilarious but still deadly at the same time.
  8. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

jimclowe said:
    Not a question and not even sure if it is one but I finally found out why I wasn't getting the Eventide helm and cloak from the Order. During numerous restarts in which I constantly kept getting normal horned helms no matter what. Until finally in my latest game the knight in Singal giving me quests is wearing the helm and cloak himself and bingo there's my helm and cloak.

Knight wearing horned helm- gives a horned helm.

Knight wearing helm and cloak- gives helm and cloak.

That's actually quite interesting.

If I understand you correctly, you had to keep starting new games until the knight in Singal spawned with a helm and cloak. That is to say, within a single save game, the Singal knight's armor is unchanging, but across different save games, the guard's armor can change. It would mean that if you were trying to get the free Eventide helm and cape armor via their quests, you would have to check that the Singal knight's armor was correct at the beginning of the game or risk wasting time on a bad save game, so to speak.
  9. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Bunk said:
    Been trying to find it but unable to do so, so I ask here. Do any of you know all of the unique spawns that give you armour for your knighthood orders when captured? So far I only know of Ithrandir.

I've come across three knighthood equipment sets thus far.

Aeldarian/Ithilrandir - Capturing either one and releasing them for equipment info gives you access to around 6-7 high end Noldor items, including the spirit horse, knight helm, and rune armor.
    Elacrai item vendor - When above 70 relations with the Noldor, ask him for the secrets to making Noldor items. He also gives you access to about 6 Noldor items, including the composite bow. After you unlock these items, the equipment is still available to your CKHO even if your relations with the Noldor drop below 70.
    Maltise - Capturing her and releasing her for item info unlocks about 6 pieces of armor, including Maltise's very own armor. Lower stats (and upgrade time) than the Noldor armor, but you may like their visual design.
    Poems - Learning all 5 poems unlocks the Lute and Lyre (sp?), which are cosmetically very unique items (shields I believe).
  10. Bastard sword shield penalty while horseback

I'd say the Doom Mace being better than high tier cutting weapons is debatable for CKHO troops. It's range and speed can be bested by high tier cutting weapons, but the blunt aspect of the mace can be very useful either for capturing prisoners for cash or for ignoring a greater portion of enemy armor.

I personally like the fact that it is swing only, as in my experience the AI does not always make the best use of thrust attacks.
  11. Bastard sword shield penalty while horseback

If there really is no penalty on the Bastard Sword when used with a shield, it'd be arguably the strongest 1H weapon for CKHOs besides maybe the doom mace. I've never really tried out the bastard sword because I assumed the penalty was substantial, but I'll try and give it a shot.
  12. Bastard sword shield penalty while horseback

From the Mount and Blade wiki page on melee weapons (http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_Weapons#Two-hand.2Fone-hand_weapons) it suggests the penalty is -25% instead of -35%. That would yield 36 slashing damage and 88.5 weapon speed, compared to 36 slashing damage and 83 weapon speed on the sabres. Assuming the penalty is actually 25%, the slashing damage and weapon range are comparable, while the sabre would be slower.

I could be off on the actual shield penalty for 2H/1H weapons, as the values could have been altered for this mod versus native, but this explain why the Runed Swords seem more effective in your case.
  13. [TUTORIAL] Custom Knighthood Order

I don't believe you can change weapons when the number of days would be 0 or negative. To go from Runed Bastard (83 days) to Heavy D'Shar (10 days), you need to find an intermediate weapon to switch to (28 or 29 days would work).

You could try the D'Shar Short Sabre (29 days). First switch from the Runed Bastard to D'Shar Short Sabre, which should take 1.33 days, and then switch from the Short Sabre to the D'Shar Heavy Sabre, which should take 0.33 days. Both of these steps would cost in negative cash, which I believe means they're free.

As another option, you can simply turn in your Runed Bastard sword for free, thus forfeiting the item and its associated cost in days and cash. Then purchase the Short Sabre on its own, which will take 10 days and a relatively low amount of cash.
  14. Trainer Bug?

Although your level is relatively low, you should still be able to see results with lower leveled troops.

A simple test is to grab a handful of recruits (level 1). Just sit around doing nothing till midnight, and at that point it should give you the message "Day's training is complete. Total experience gained through training: x." A good fraction or maybe even all of your level 1 recruits should be available for upgrade.
  15. Trainer Bug?

Trainer only gets applied to party members at a lower level than you, and thus it can never be applied to oneself.

As an example, assume your party consists of Sir Jocelyn at level 38 with Trainer at 5, and your character at level 37 with Trainer at 7. In this case, your Trainer skill doesn't do anything, as no one is level 36 or less in your party. However, Sir Jocelyn's Trainer skill will give your player character 46 experience each midnight.

If you were to then gain a level in this scenario so that both you and Jocelyn are now at level 38, neither you nor Sir Jocelyn could train each other or yourselves.
  16. Skills for free

Flingit said:
    If the bow has come and gone (gave to Diev) can it come again if Wolfbode respawns?

The Rune Bow is a one time thing. You can only get one in a single save-game.
  17. [LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I believe the prestige cap for knights/sergeants is 10/7. My relation with the knighthood order at the time was 100, and the honor had to reach a few hundred (maybe 300 or 500 honor) before the prestige cost would not go down further.
  18. Companion Stats

Bravado said:
    Alavaria said:
    Sadly companions cannot get you the amazing 10+4 surgery ridiculousness. Or the less obvious but still handy Pathfinding 10+4
    I was wondering - how useful is 10+4 Spotting? Anyone have it?

I've been on 10+4 spotting for quite some time now, and I find it pretty damn useful especially in this mod. It's great for things like hunting down Unique Spawns and avoiding enemy parties when quick traveling (Ctrl+Space). I think Spotting's 10% sight increase refers to an increase in radius, which means that the total area of sight scales exceptionally well with investment in Spotting. However, I would still prioritize Pathfinding, Surgery, and maybe Training over it depending on how you choose to play the game.
  19. Custom Knighthood Order Quivers

Alavaria said:
    Apparently all the quivers (except "Arrows") are on the back of the waist.

the CKO can indeed spawn with two of the same quiver, basically one will be invisible. It looks odd, they have quiver for X arrows, but might be using Y arrows to shoot.

I did a brief test recently with 2x quivers of the same type (Melitine specifically). I had 10 archers firing at roughly the same rate (I made sure none of them were turned around or screwing around in any way), and focused on counting the arrows shot by one archer. Around the time he reached 42 arrows (number of arrows in one quiver), five of the ten guys had stopped firing, and their quivers were empty. The remaining five kept on firing for what was probably a statistically significant amount of time past that, until they ran out (I assume this is where they had used up 2 quivers worth of ammo).

These results would suggest that even with two of the same quivers in a unit's loadout, roughly half of the units don't get double the amount of arrows. I'm not trying to complain about this result, as one quiver of arrows is powerful already, but if there is a loadout that works out, I'd like to know.
  20. [Guide] How to get Noldor Lord weaponry in mid/end-game

Empiro said:
    Great guide. Do you have what specific blueprints you get from each of the lords / from the castle with 70+ relations, and are they the same?

Also, has anyone else tested this out to confirm that it works in the latest 3.611 patch? It would be really bad to permanently lose access to the castle.

This has worked for me so far in 3.611. I remember there being two sets of blueprints, one from the castle, and the other from either Noldor lord. In other words, once I got several blueprints from Aeldarian, Ithilrandir didn't cough any up (the option isn't even there). I assume it works similarly the other way around.

I seem to remember that the composite bow and lower leveled Noldor armor/horses were from the castle. The Noldor lord unlocks the level 30 armor, the Spirit horse, the Enchanted shield, and the knight helm. I forgot about the swords, but they're probably from the castle. I believe Noldor arrows don't need to be unlocked. I could be wrong on any of these, but my memory tells me that's roughly how the items are distributed between the two sets of blueprints.
Back
Top Bottom