Search results for query: *

1. *Hakim*

Gore and Dismemberment - removeable limbs

Geofroy said:
    I support COMPLETELY!!! Would be so great to cut the head of a guy climbing a ladder to your castel and see is head fall on the guy below :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

or even better...before hencan strike cut off his arm!
  2. *Hakim*

Hit Points for Weapon

really...never would have thought....
  3. *Hakim*

Heavy weapon swings wound multiple opponents.

its stronger in that way yes...but you can whip around Ballistic gel and and it might tear, nothing really comes close to the live cells for skin (keratinocytes) Far more elastic and flexible than anything really....but the difference is your bodies ability to adapt to the blow....if ya take a side swip..your body would tilt to the one side so it impacts the blw and tenses the muscle...but your right after been cut or severed the muscle wouldn't tense, but surrounding ones would to creat that same action...either stronger or weaker...thats why the body is different..it adapts to the strike to absorb it...
  4. *Hakim*

Hit Points for Weapon

the bummer thing is too is there isn't really enough one handed weapons...all the ones that do are weak...except for the Balanced heavy Bastard Sword..which cases its both..

Amman de Stazia said:
    a balanced morningstar. But you need high strength....

i believe he is looking for a peircing type weapon...not blunt...
  5. *Hakim*

Sell All!

true that...it would get annoying...
  6. *Hakim*

wow...i can't believe this post is still open...but way waste a big...just email mythbusters and be sure to watch the episode!
  7. *Hakim*

Hit Points for Weapon

Warboss Gorgutz said:
    jedi academy had a really nice combat system, that looked really good. could fight someone for a couple minutes and not take or give a hit, or the fight could be over in seconds. it had a realistic blocking system, and weapon nockouts too. applied to M&B it would be much better. probably a ton of work though. and then weapon variety.

Well maybe it will be planned for M&B 2...which i hope is release very soon! But we already got the MASSIVE weapon variety...if you think its too little...download a mod for more weapons!
  8. *Hakim*

Gore and Dismemberment - removeable limbs

Moronic said:
    To bad a zombie mod couldn't be like this.  :razz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wp9-MfENdc

OH MAN THAT IS awesome...especially when she firsts gets her chainsaw...they scene reminds of the times when i was a young kid playing doom! SOO GOOD! thats great buddy
  9. *Hakim*

Seiges, the meat grinder of M&B.

imsorry said:
    Oyclo said:
    imsorry said:
    Oyclo said:
    I just had one of those fights which really show the weakness of M&B when it comes to sieges.

One of my castles is under siege and by the time I get there, there are 605 Rhodoks.  They chase me and I do the end around to get into the castle and let the siege begin. 

Thats issue one, you should be forced to fight your way in, they shouldn't go chasing you if you move faster.

So my 100 mostly maximally upgraded troops go against 605 Rhodoks, who had a huge number of sharpshooters and sergeants.

You can guess the outcome if you have played this before.

600 dead Rhodoks, 10 dead for me (and of those 10, 5 were the very low level garrison troops).

They simply send their men up into the meat grinder, up one ladder, slowly.  I'm going to guess I could have done it with 30, and I would have had less dead if a pathfinding issue didn't leave a big opening at the ladder half way through the fight.  Plus a lot of my men got stuck on other parts of the castle.

This is one of those things that really needs to be fixed for a M&B 2.  Multiple ladders, towers, and more realistic siege options.  Really there is nothing wrong with 100 men holding a castle from 600, thats why they built castles in the first place, but there needs to be more options beyond 'meat grinder of death' and an enemy that doesn't understand to pull back when its looking hopeless.
    If you were playing native, then you couldn't possibly kill their entire troop. They would retreat after one round and might just leave.

Yes it was native, and I have no idea what you are talking about, the computer never retreats when I play.
    that's odd, cause they always run away after I break several waves of their attack.

Well thats odd to me...cause swadians just seiged me and i cleaned the up till they had no guys left....
  10. *Hakim*

How do I start war?

find a faction lord in the feild! Fight him....find a factions caravans take 2 of them over and have an entire faction at war with whatever faction your with...tho risk lossing rep. with some faction lords or even the king himself....
  11. *Hakim*

Can you "win"?

i would strive for told domination in my own faction and become the king...but i know you can't....which really blows, but whatev...its a great sandbox game!
  12. *Hakim*

your a tard lol nice tho!
  13. *Hakim*

Hit Points for Weapon

even if you implemented it...you shouldn't have to every battle....tho like previously stated, the game would get old and boring, and eventually the game play will not be based by fighting, and doing quests, or sieging castles, but based on weapon repair, useless gathering. I can understand the fact of having a wooden staff block an axe...in those cases hove the weapon break or degrade able just like the sheild over time....same concept for the sheild anad wooden weapons that's was i think
  14. *Hakim*

haxu said:
    i support

dude you said that at the dismemberment thread...state why....

Or are you been gay trying to increase your post count?
  15. *Hakim*

Oyclo said:
    I'm looking for a new secretary, are you pretty?

LOL funny, you can't stand correction..or petty correction?

Durandal said:
    I think he means battle would end after you defeated them the first time (retreated back to their siege lines as opposed to pressing an assault again). After that, they might leave.

no i don't think so....i was seiged so bad once to the point that only the remainder of about 4 soldiers seiged me....that to me was just a sad thing to see....a volly of arrows coming at 4 soldiers. I am not in the medival times but i can clearly guess that i wouldn't do that myself...unless i was physcotic...too which i would ran at them naked with a bone in my hand grunting prophetic things about the end times!
  16. *Hakim*

Spears vs cavalry? oh and crossbows vs bows.

Naridill said:
    mouthnhoof said:
    Actually, my units are upgraded while I wait the 3 days siege. Just needs to implement the tweak that allows you to access the party screen while sieging, so you can upgrade them.

Yeah, I absolutely hate not having access to my troops or gear while sieging, and the only way to do so is to quit the siege.

As for trainer being important, there's an old military saying, by Aleksandr Suvorov.

"Train hard, fight easy."

by any chance are you russian?

mastablasta said:
    But that what he told. You can still upgrade you character and give the training skill to all your companions. since it stacks you will be training troops that will be ready to fight very fast. And rhodoks seem to train really fast. Then you go out with 200 soldiers almost all high tier troops. For example i hire rhodok and swadian recruits wait for two days in a castle and they are all upgraded to swadian footman or rhodok trained spearman. a lot of training is done by companions.

well than maybe i will give them another shot i guess....i captured a rhodok castle...so i think i will train some rhodok recruits....with my vaegirs elite, give them a satb of the swadians to which they are at war with as well!
  17. *Hakim*

yea right....in the native or with mods i have seiged and been seiged and even after killing alot of troops they still come till the last man stands....
  18. *Hakim*

mouthnhoof said:
    *Hakim* said:
    but your basically forced to fight in open battle to up grade your units....
    Not true at all. To build a strong large army, the most important skill is trainer - and it is the only skill that is worth having on ALL your companions. It only applies to units that are lower level than you, so it is less effective when you and your companions are below 20s, but later it is the most valuable skill you have. It means that your recruits go from tier 1 to tier 4 in 3 days while doing NOTHING. Tier 5 takes a little longer, but since tier 4 is level 19/20 all trainers above 20 will finally get them there.

Pump all you companions with trainer skill and by the time you finish your recruiting campaign ("Here! the mead is on us!... how about you sign down here... your hand is wobbly, I'll help you do it") and travel to the action, all your units are tier 4-5. Companions have little direct contribution to the results of engagement. Trainer skill is where they really can make a difference by making everyone else fight better.

but again you got to assess how to get to that point for yourself...so do you alone just go out and fight battles...by the time you get to that lvl when you can upgrade your units that are lower than you to the point of tier 4 or even 5...you might have to be lvl 15....i understand you would just select the Trainer skill...but to me thats a waste of time...i would rather place my energy in something more useful, and fight open battles asap...my personal opinion, not trying ot be rude, or force my opinion on you... :razz:
  19. *Hakim*

but your basically forced to fight in open battle to up grade your units....
  20. *Hakim*

keeping up moral

go piss off a group...lol fight with another lord from another faction
Back
Top Bottom