Search results for query: *

• Users: Chel
  • Order by date
  1. What a mod!

Thank you for the kind words, guys.
  2. Is this forum not active anymore (dead)?

Not very active right now - no :grin:

3. For those who have trouble obtaining Charms!

Nice to see people still playing this  :grin:
  4. Expanded Gameplay III (Download v0.95e)

Interceptor said:
    chel! do you have warband already? or do we have to make donation? :grin:

Hey, yeah I have warband, and at one point I did start making a MP port, which I really enjoyed, but got distracted by other stuff after the initial release. Will see, I am not ruling out coming back to finish it, or put together a single player mod, but I dont want you guys holding your breath for it  :grin:
  5. Expanded Gameplay III (Download v0.95e)

Rongar said:
    I would spend 4 on sleep and 2 on porting EG.

kind of you to say so Rongar :smile:
  6. [M] EGWarband 0.80 beta

Thanks for the positive feedback Hof :grin:
    I will keep your suggestions in mind for next update. Yes, I will slow things down a little in general.
    And I saw the thread you made on the Polish forum about the mod (http://www.mountblade.info/forum/index.php?topic=6972.new), thanks )
  7. [M] EGWarband 0.80 beta

Splintert said:
    double post  :oops:

my thoughts on the siege bow: it is too weak to be useful, maybe guarantee a one hit kill and leave the speed as is?

really? I thought the damage was quite high, but I'll have another look.
  8. EGWarband

sir Gulos said:
    Haha, this is my favorite M&B mod. Chel, if you ever need advice or small help for server/client side scripting you can always ask me. I guess i know all there is to know about server/client compatibility stuff, although right now i'm working on my own mod, so can't help with more than advice:grin: Can't wait for this to launch:grin:

glad you like it, thanks for the offer!

Overlord- said:
    You should totally move this to the Warband board, man. I really enjoyed your previous mod and I would totally give feedback and all, but I noticed this just now. Also, awesome to see you back.

There is a thread about it on the Released Warband mods subforum )
  9. EGWarband

Alixyang said:
    Hi guys, this is only the first beta test, we should take more attention to future packs.

I had to say that the rangers in MOD is more powerful, just in 2 days all the Chinese players were forced to choose troop as archer, or you could not reach enemy any more.  The balance  need modify.

However, equipments and sound effects are wonderful.  Insist on, Chel!

Thanks for the feedback Alixyang! Do you mean Vaegir Rangers or all archers in general are too powerful?
    Is there a time when there are more players on the Chinese server generally?
  10. [M] EGWarband 0.80 beta

Splintert said:
    just played it for the first time vs. bots.

Lances (at least great lances) are extremely powerful, you need no momentum to kill.
    some of the 2h weapons seemed a bit long, maybe it's just the bot AI.

other than that - LOVE IT! I can't wait to see this all balanced out. the EU server is still being worked on.

can't wait to test against other players

Thanks for the feedback  :grin:
    Yes, lances need to be reduced in base damage slightly.

11. EGWarband

Alixyang said:
    why not tell me this great news, Chel!  I'd just find this cause I'm also busy with my own mod.  :'(

I'll open a host for you in China as soon as possible.....
      how to config your mod on server, such as factions and maps ?

Hi Alixyang :smile:
    I saw the Chinese server, thanks! The best settings now would be Team Deathmatch/Battle with bots allowed, with probably 1400 starting gold. I hope to make a patch next week or the week after that will reduce the prices of some starting items, other fixes and new features.
  12. Gear/Gold related balance changes suggestions

one thing you could do is have the gold for kills split, for example 1/3rd goes to the player who got the kill and 2/3rd is distributed between the rest of the team equally (or depending on how much gold they already have).

I agree that the gold lost on death is too high, it should be a fraction of the gold you have (1/3rd for example), not a set value.
  13. EGWarband

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply MrExpandable.

The bots vs bots may not be a good indicator of balance, I know Swadian and Rhodok bot armies need a bit of a nerf, they get knights too often, which are meant to be rare but powerful units. I will fix that, and I will reduce the protection of armor vs cutting weapons (swords and bows) by 10%, so that plated units are not quite as strong (they still can be defeated very quickly with blunt weapons).

Nord Huscarls are quite good archers, perhaps the bots dont get the bows often enough, but I'll take a look.

The Khergit Warriors will also be given maces to help them deal with Swadians and Rhodoks.

The price of some starting items is too high, you are right, I already made a note of this and will fix it.

The very fast horses are only on Khergits, because they need them to maneuver around heavy enemies, Khergits themselves are rather fragile, as are their horses. Nords have some fast horses too, but I will reduce them, and will reduce the speed of all horses slightly. Hitpoints -- Compared to native, horses have less armor but slightly more hp, Swadian Warhorses -- yes they have tons of HP, but they are meant to be very rare, I will make them more expensive. Probably same for Rhodoks. So that if you spend 2000+ on a horse, it will not be killed from under you right away.

Bear Clan: Although all classes can get throwing stakes, the Bear Warriors are their dedicated ranged unit with 8 power throw (the rest have 4 power throw). And Bear Clan are so good at melee that I didnt want to give them a long ranged unit as well, they can beat almost any other unit in melee with ease, so they should be vulnerable at range. They can be ridden down with cavalry due to lack of helmets, but I think that's good -- cavalry is the counter to them. I will look at them closer, but would like to keep them unique and not give them a mounted option. Fast bows -- Khergits have that, so I don't want to repeat that with Bear Clan as well.

Vaegir arrows and bows do need some adjustements, thanks. What are your thoughts on the siege bow?

14. EGWarband

Kolba said:
    why are you so negative about it Kolba?

There are no real changes in WB, except addition of multiplayer. I'd rather call it M&B 1.050.

I agree that its not a whole new game, but there are some important things added like switching between weapon modes, which are very useful.

Alexandros said:
    Gonna put all of my feedback in this post.
    To start, the vaegir's siege bow could use some speeding up, it is three times slower than the next bow, with only a slight damage increase.

The slight damage increase allows it to puncture armor much better, and the key feature of the siege bow is not the damage but the power with which it releases the arrow, the arrows can travel very far without much dropping, so you can shoot enemies very far away. It is not meant for close or medium ranged combat. But I will increase its speed slightly, thanks for feedback.

James380 said:
    Im guessing youre going to stick to this one and not make one like the original single player version?

Not soon certainly, perhaps in the future.
  15. How to add arrows to archer units

Vaegir arrow are more powerful but come in smaller stacks, this is for balance reasons, so after they run out of arrows Vaegir archers are meant to go melee.

If you really wanted to give them more arrows, you need to simply increase the stack size of the arrow type they use.
  16. WWII China Battlefield MP v02.17.11 (Patch v03.02.11, for Warband 1.134 )

This is a great multiplayer mod, William! Well done!  :grin:

I would only suggest making the single shot rifles slightly more accurate and slightly more damaging, right now machine guns make better sniping weapons. And horses slightly faster and more manuvreable so they are not such easy targets. Shotguns (double barrelled musket) are also too weak I think, not killing after two shots at close range
  17. [M] EGWarband 0.80 beta

MrExpendable said:
    Nice to see this mod ported to WB. It was one of my favorite mods on M&B.  :grin:

Just one question, are there any plans on making a campaign version of this mod?

Edit: also, what's the song you used for the video with the Nordic gameplay? I like the vocalist singing in it.

no plans for a single player version right now, maybe in the future.
    Vocalist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melnitsa
  18. [M] EGWarband 0.80 beta

andonai said:
    1st - I can´t find your Server in the list, is it a in-game host server?

yes, but I closed it just a minute ago and am now in your server. Do I need to do something extra for in-game server to show up in the list?
  19. [M] EGWarband 0.80 beta

Hi andonai!
    Thank you very much for setting up a dedicated server! That is great! I had been running a server on my laptop on and off, but this is much better. I will work on setting up one as well next week.

I am not familiar with Vincenzo's admin tools, but I am pretty sure it is compatible because I have not changed any multiplayer scripts yet. I'll have a look at it, or if you can add these maps yourself, go ahead!

The mod is designed for all game modes, just like native. I think Team Deathmatch is good for now, for first testing. It is also balanced for Native's 1000 starting gold, so everything should be fine.

Edit: Right now I run server on my laptop to test, could you (or someone else) please see if it shows up in the list of servers? Or maybe I need to open some port? Name EGWarband 1.
  20. EGWarband

Sethaniel said:
    I've never bothered with multiplayer mods before, but I was a huge fan of EG back in Vanilla, so... is it possible to play this in singleplayer?

no, at this time it is only a multiplayer mod.

first version is released.
Back
Top Bottom