Search results for query: *

1. Aldwen

[RELZ]Calradia Map Refinement

Lord Tovi said:
    army blocked here (37) :
    ~~img~~
    anyway, there is too many bug, i quit this mod.

Well I can tell you right off the bat why that army is stuck there. It is sitting on impassable terrain. No clue how you or the AI for that matter managed to even get on it in the first place, as I cannot recreate it, nor have a moved the nodes in that area to being with o_O

Hety said:
    Another glitch - tho i'm not sure that its related to this mod.
    Malayurg Castle Siege - attackers dont move from their starting point. It was rather funny to see them standing there firing at me. It was even  funnier , that they had 500+ army and i had 130, but 45 of em were Huskarls. It was worst slaughter i've seen in M&B so far. They were butchered in 1/5 minutes...

Aye, that is not related to this mod. Sieges have their own special maps so even elevation changes around them wouldn't effect them, nor would it change the AI behavior. Sounds just like a regular old bug. By chance are you running the battle sizer and is that siege one with a tower? If so I've seen it happen several times first hand with me in both defending and attack positions. It happens when you have the battle sizer set to high numbers. The AI breaks and doesn't move. *shrugs*

NaglFaar said:
    great map dude. Just one thing. Jamiche castle is unreacheble.

Thanks :smile: As for Jamiche Castle being unreachable... 0.o Have your tried different angles? I have M&B open in the background and I'm having no issues reaching Jamiche Castle... Not really sure what the problem could be other than approaching from a certain angle is goofed.

I've also over the past few months received a number of PMs asking for permissions to use this map in mods. For future modders...

Please feel free to use Calradia Map Refinement in your mods. Just remember to credit :grin: And if you like, send me a link to your mod and I'll check it out :smile:
  2. Aldwen

Cattle

TheMageLord said:
    Heres the 1.003 trigger (simple_triggers.txt). It's on line number 37 if you have a text editor that shows lines (like notepad2), or you can just search for some of the numbers and find the right spot.

24.000000  32 6 3 1224979098644774912 648518346341351501 648518346341351591 521 3 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 45 2136 3 1224979098644774914 0 100 4 0 2147483678 2 1224979098644774914 3 2133 2 1224979098644774913 0 4 0 3 0 5 0 2147483678 2 1224979098644774914 10 2136 3 1224979098644774914 111 121 2107 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774914 2108 2 1224979098644774913 100 2136 3 1224979098644774914 1 3 2105 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774914 5 0 2147483678 2 1224979098644774914 50 2136 3 1224979098644774914 3 8 2106 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774914 5 0 2136 3 1224979098644774914 101 111 2107 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774914 2108 2 1224979098644774913 100 2136 3 1224979098644774914 1 3 2105 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774914 3 0 2112 3 1224979098644774913 0 101 501 3 1224979098644774912 45 1224979098644774913 2121 3 1224979098644774915 1224979098644774913 10 2108 2 1224979098644774915 2 1 5 936748722493063202 1224979098644774912 288230376151711816 1224979098644774915 0 3 0

There are many ways you could edit the way it works. The red 0 and 100 are the parameters for the random number generated (between 0 and 100), and it then takes 0-2 for 0 cows (3 in the code), 3-9 for big growth (10 in the code), and 10-49 (50) for negative 3-8. 50+ is the low growth one. You could change that to 45 100 to make it give a roughly 9% chance of 3-8 negative growth and 91% chance of small positive growth - that'd probably balance it out good enough to work, but it would remove the chance of big growth and big loss entirely. You could also go through and modify the blue numbers - the first and third being the straight cattle added range, with the second being the range to subtract. The lime green number (3) is the chance of eradicating the herd. The yellow numbers are the amount to increase the herd percentage wise, first for the big growth then for the small growth. It takes that number divided by 100 so 111 is 11% increase.

Link to other tweaks.

So can anyone explain that in english? :razz: That makes my head hurt.

Or can anyone just suggest some good numbers to pop in so that a village almost always has cattle...
  3. Aldwen

Best mod that does not stray too far from Native?

My vote goes towards Cremos wonderful Native Improved mod. Minor but significant changes that keep Native completely Native. It really just polishes things up. Use that mod, plus some of MageLords tweaks and you have yourself a shiny new Native to play with.

4. Aldwen

Archery seems to be inconsistent between player and A.I.

Wow, FRAPS absolutely murders your FPS when you record!! :shock:

Anyways I have the bug caught on camera. It's on YouTube, but the quality is so crappy you can barely see a thing...

YourTube link

A downloadable version, and marginally better quality found here.

The first shot should strike his legs due to gravity. If you watch closly you can see the arrow arc towards his feet. It should have hit him right near his left knee cap. Instead it trikes the shield on the right side...

Second shot is a lot clearer as I aim DIRECTLY at his knee caps from about 10 feet away. Yet again I hit the shield...

Just in case your wondering why the arrows are a little more difficult to see and the brown laser beam seems to be missing it's because I use a mod to replace the brown laser beam with an actual arrow texture.
  5. Aldwen

Archery seems to be inconsistent between player and A.I.

Swadius said:
    fanthor said:
    And anyone know the source of this problem?

My current hypothesis is that when one turns down the graphics at the configuration screen as well as in the in-game options menu, the hitboxes become wonky.

Negative, because I suffer from teleporting arrows as well and I run everything maxed out.

Every once in a while I can actually get a foot shot, but more often than not it's teleported even when I can clearly see the arrow was about to strike the feet. It really seems random at times.

Downloading FRAPS to prove this.
  6. Aldwen

Version 1.2 is up!!!
    DOWNLOAD: Calradia Map Refinement V1.2
    Please redownload for important bug fixes. Update is completely, 100%, save game compatible (Only with games already started on the new map.)

[quote author= Calradia Map Refinement V1.2 Readme]
    -Fixed more "sticky" bugs where NPCs could become stuck indefinitely at a crossroads and other random locations.
    -Bridge near Nomar actually fixed this time.
    -Smoothed out the map removing almost all jaggedness and unusual changes in elevation.
    -Flattened the steppes out creating more of a plateau over the somewhat hilly and mountainous older version. This is an attempt to fix the battle maps from always appearing as mountainous. Fix also applied to the Vaegir mountains. [/quote]

Ok folks, I just uploaded the latest and hopefully last version of Calradia Map Refinement, version 1.2.

I've play tested this extensively (3 new games each lasting several months, one even went to a year) and finally after days of watching units buzz about the screen as I hid in forests I think I can finally say 99% of all the "sticky" bugs are gone. There was an alarming number of sticky locations but I'm pretty confident that I've tracked them all down. Hopefully. No new ones have appeared in any of my games for nearly a month so if there are still sticky locations they must be out of the "main" travel route of NPCs. If however you do run into one (I hope you don't) please remember to report it and until then just remember all you have to do is scare the NPC away or talk to them.

As for the bridge near Nomar, it's actually fixed now. Still not 100% sure on why that broke and no matter what I did I couldn't fix it so as a result I just completely removed the road leading towards it. Since doing that the bridge is back in working order. Still don't understand it as every other bridge has a road not only leading to it, but connected to it. Weird.

As for the minor map adjustments you may notice that the land appears "smoother." Still realistic and, honestly, I doubt anyone would have noticed unless I mentioned it. I was just trying to smooth out some of the nasty vertexes here and there and one thing lead to another eventually the whole map got a face lift. I think it looks better :smile:

That brings me to the next point. The steppes. As Oddball had mentioned there was a substantial increase in mountainous battle maps and I had noted I tried to plateau things out to counter act this. Apparently my previous attempts were not as fruitful as I had hoped. There were still steppe battle maps that were flat however and I noticed in game these tended to be mainly around Narra and Uhhun, the flattest parts of the steppes. Going on this I went about flattening much of the steppes and making them much, much more level.

Hopefully this counter-acts the mountainous battle map bug. I haven't had much time to test it much (as most of my time was spent watching for stick bugs) so we'll see how it goes. As I told Oddball though there really isn't much I can do about it if it really is dependent on elevation and not terrain detail. With luck, the mass plateauing of the steppes will make the battle maps less of a chore.

Anyways, good gaming and just a reminder...

Please, please redownload for important bug fixes.
    DOWNLOAD: Calradia Map Refinement V1.2
  7. Aldwen

liberation

:lol:

That's nothing though. I was once fighting Sea Raiders and took an axe to the head on the last two survivors so I was unfortunately captured. The thing is not less than thirty seconds after exiting the battle screen a Rhodok party strolls by and kills the remaining Sea Raiders... but I didn't get released...

Instead I sat there looking at the world map with no party to be seen for at least 3 or 4 days until finally I "escaped" from my captors... :???:

Maybe they tired me to a tree and the Rhodoks never saw me... :neutral:
  8. Aldwen

looking for advice for new mod [1.011]

brutality183 said:
    btw there is preference for the "cross dressed" mods. [ummm you know, where everyone dressed with skirts...and all that..]

I didn't see that one coming... That was maybe the weirdest way this post could have closed...

Can't help you much though guy, I've only been playing Native and I just started a game in Britannia 1080 so I don't bring much to the table.
  9. Aldwen

HDR in Mount and Blade!

As in changing it from 1 to 0. Then yes. I also tried just deleting it from both the [EFFECT] section and completely removing the [SSAO] section. Neither worked.

When I completely removed both the sections I ended up with a strangely colored game, but that glow seemed to have still been there. I couldn't be for sure since everything was so... yellow... I'd wager it didn't though.

Any other ideas? Does anyone else have this same problem? I went reading back a number of pages but I never saw mention of this... Oddly though this is also apparent in Zaros enbseries and every other one that came with GE2.5 Maybe it's just my rig? I am running with Shaders 3.0 and I have the mod that enables 3.0 with M&B... Could that be linked?
  10. Aldwen

HDR in Mount and Blade!

No change :neutral: Still all bright and nasty.
  11. Aldwen

Phosphene, that's because you're trying to load up a save game made before you added this mod.

This mod is not save game compatible yet. Currently you have to start a new game in order for all the changes to take place. A save game compatible version will be out in due time though.
  12. Aldwen

HDR in Mount and Blade!

Sure thing... here is my enbseries

It's mostly Zaros enbseries, only with a few tweaks here and there to fit my personal tastes.

[PROXY]
    EnableProxyLibrary=0
    InitProxyFunctions=1
    ProxyLibrary=
    [GLOBAL]
    UseEffect=1
    AlternativeDepth=1
    AllowAntialias=1
    BugFixMode=0
    SkipShaderOptimization=0
    QuadVertexBuffer=0
    [EFFECT]
    EnableBloom=1
    EnableOcclusion=1
    EnableReflection=0
    EnableMotionBlur=0
    EnableWater=0
    EnableShadow=1
    DepthBias=500
    [INPUT]
    KeyUseEffect=123
    KeyBloom=120
    KeyOcclusion=121
    KeyReflection=122
    KeyCombination=16
    KeyShadow=119
    KeyWater=118
    [REFLECTION]
    ReflectionPower=10
    ChromePower=5
    UseCurrentFrameReflection=0
    ReflectionQuality=2
    ReflectionSourceSpecular=50
    ReflectionSourceTFactor=50
    UseAdditiveReflection=0
    ReflectionDepthBias=0
    UseLowResReflection=0
    ReflectionSinglePass=1
    [BLOOM]
    BloomPowerDay=10
    BloomFadeTime=5000
    BloomConstantDay=1
    BloomQuality=2
    BloomScreenLevelDay=100
    BloomCurveDay=0
    BloomPowerNight=5
    BloomConstantNight=2
    BloomCurveNight=0
    BloomScreenLevelNight=100
    BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=5
    BloomAdaptationMultiplier=0
    BloomAllowOversaturation=0
    [SSAO]
    UseFilter=1
    OcclusionQuality=1
    FilterQuality=2
    DarkeningLevel=20
    BrighteningLevel=10
    IlluminationLevel=40
    AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30
    UseAmbientOcclusion=1
    UseIndirectLightning=1
    FadeDistance=16
    [COLORCORRECTION]
    DarkeningAmountDay=10
    ScreenLevelDay=70
    ScreenLevelNight=20
    DarkeningAmountNight=0
    GammaCurveDay=-.1
    GammaCurveNight=-.1
    ColorSaturationDay=-1
    ColorSaturationNight=-1
    UsePaletteTexture=0
    [PLUGIN]
    WeatherMod=0
    [WATER]
    UseWaterDeep=1
    WaterDeepness=20
    WaterQuality=2
    [SHADOW]
    ShadowFadeStart=40
    ShadowFadeEnd=80
    ShadowAmountDay=70
    ShadowAmountNight=30
    ShadowScreenLevelDay=60
    ShadowScreenLevelNight=20
    ShadowQuality=2
    UseShadowFilter=0
    FilterQuality=2
    [ENGINE]
    ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0
    MaxAnisotropy=8
    ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0
    DisplayRefreshRateHz=60
    [MOTIONBLUR]
    MotionBlurQuality=0
    MotionBlurVelocity=12
    MotionBlurRotation=12
  13. Aldwen

HDR in Mount and Blade!

Hum, so maybe someone can help me here...

I've been trying out all the HDR mods and honestly, all of them looked, to me, terrible, so I've been working on my own HDR version. Right now I have everything exactly as I want it, and it looks amazing in game, both at night and during the day. However I seem to be having a problem...

The menus and what not are entirely to washed out. I can still read them fine but the upper left corner has this giant glowy spot. This was present in all the other HDR mods so maybe it's just something unavoidable? Anyone have any clue?

I tired changing everything in the [REFLECTION] section but that didn't seem to have any effect... :neutral:

If not I can deal with it. M&B looks brilliant now... If only I could figure out how to tweak the size of the sun....

Pixors
    Before
    mb12-1.jpg

After
    mb13-1.jpg
  14. Aldwen

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

dinotk said:
    Is it possible to increase how much inventory you get per skill?

At that is it possible to change the Inventory from a Leader still to a Party skill? Katrin would actually have a skill set that made sense.

She speaks of working with lords and what not hauling around equipment but the only way she ever could have done that would have been if she was the leaders of a massive war party... I doubt any lord would give up their generalship to some lowly inventory manager.
  15. Aldwen

Narduiran, yes even the update doesn't make this mod save game compatible with games started on the vanilla map. You were right in that I meant the update was save game safe with new games started with the new map. Sorry about the confusion, glad you figure it out though.

If you're waiting for a save game compatible version for games started with the vanilla map, as I said earlier that is going to take some time. Work is finally slowing down so I should have a chance to sit around and mod in the next few days (hopefully.) Naturally I'll let everyone know when I'm finished with it so keep you eyes open.

[quote author=Martyran]there were  4 parties stuck either side of the bridge
    but only if they crossed north to south
    if they ran they could still move
    maybe move the bridge a little south ??[/quote]
    Ah damn, I had thought I worked out all these bugs...

Thanks for posting that though you got me to double and triple check and indeed your right, if an NPC approaches from a certain southern angle they get stuck... still, even in v1.1 :oops: :sad:  These bugs are particularly annoying. Seems as soon as you stamp out on another one pops up because of what you just did. I'm working on it as I type though and checking in game every few adjustments. Thanks to that Ctrl + T I can debug with ease now.

There are still a number of stick points though. The bridge near Nomar (still amazes me as I didn't touch that) there is a point near Emer and a few completely random ones here and there. As of right now the Nomar bridge is fixed this time for real, the Emer stuck point is also fixed"ish" (the Rhodoks and Khergits are at war so I haven't had mass caravans to stress test it) and most of the random ones are fixed.

I'm going to hold off on throwing up a new version until I can be at least 99.9% these bugs are squashed. I have tomorrow off though so I'll have extra time to work. With any luck I can have a new version up in a few days. until I'll ask you to bear with me and just chase/talk the stuck parties out of their positions. I will get this fixed, I wanna actually play again damnit!! :razz:

@Oddball
    Hum, that's interesting. I have noticed a substantial increase in mountainous battle maps, especially and mainly in the steppe and Vaegir ranges but elsewhere everything seems pretty normal since elevation changes in other areas were pretty minor. However I'm pretty sure that increase you're seeing has to do with the new elevation. :neutral: IIRC Calradia Map Makeover also had problems with an increased in mountain battle maps.

There really isn't much I can do on my end to change that though if it is directly linked to elevation. No one seems to even be able to change the elevation snow appears at.

There are still flat maps out there. Any place off of the mountains, naturally, is pretty flat, I haven't seen much change there personally. When it comes to the steppes and mountains though things did get bumpy. However there are still flat"ish" maps even in the mountains. If you noticed the steppes are a bit more of a plateau , with the large majority of it being flat, this was designed specifically to counter act the mountainous battle maps. Seems like it hasn't worked out 100% as planned...  :neutral:

Wish there was more I could do or say but the only real fix for this would be to lower the terrain back down to vanilla levels... which would pretty much make my map pointless.

*Edit*
    @Pagan
    I'd be honored if you used my map :mrgreen: Do feel free. I'd suggest however you hold off until I work out all these sticky bugs, that way your mod releases with a good, clean, working map. :smile:
  16. Aldwen

Cool movie about denars XD funny

I <3 my Rick Radar :smile:
  17. Aldwen

:grin:

Ok, due to popular demand I've uploaded my modified version of Punkts steppe texture. I uploaded it to the UFR, not exactly sure if that was the place to do it (don't know if they have issues with something like that) but Rapidshare would have only allowed 10 people to download it.  Anyways, for those of you who asked....

Modified Steppe -Punkt's HiRes Textures 2.0-
  18. Aldwen

Sword sisters - Holy ****

tommylaw said:
    actually with me they start as rape trains anyway

You know... There is two ways one could take that...  :wink:

19. Aldwen

Heavy cavalry absolutely dominant?

Amman de Stazia said:
    When they come after you, head for woodland, and make sure you have inventory space for all the loot!

I think that is one bit of advice that many seem to forget.

I personally never have issues with the heavy Swadian knights unless I pick a fight with them on a flat plain. Whenever I see an army of ponies marching towards me I always, always, make for the nearest forest or mountainous area and wait for them to attack me on my terms.

That in combination with my Rhodok Spearmen, tight formations and clever positions I can make those expensive, fancy knights wish they were never born.

As for the Khergits, while they can be more annoying, I find they get absolutely slaughtered by a tight formation of Rhodok Crossbowmen. If I can't go that route I'm always sure to set up an ambush beyond the crest of a hill. That way those Khergits won't have a shot at my men until the crest the hill and ride down... at that point however it's too late because as soon as a few cross that line I order my men to charge and watch as whole waves of Khergits charge unknowingly over a hill into a mob of angry spearmen. :smile:
  20. Aldwen

Dissapearing Companions?

Marcus said:
    How long do you have to wait its been ingame weeks

I think it takes about a month or so.

I had a companion bugger off within or soon after the first 30 days of a new game and that said companion just started appearing in taverns again and I'm at around day 60-70.
Back
Top Bottom