Search results for query: *

1. Wei.Xiadi

SP Oriental [WB] Mongolian Invasion (M.I) [looking for team, help would be appreciated]

You can use whatever we had for our mongol project, but I'm afraid I can do no more than that.

As an additional note: get some members, plan and get some work done - THEN post your mod.  No one simply declares an idea and then gathers a good community of modders to help fashion their idea into a reality.  Modding is hard work and takes way too much of ones time.  To do a complete overhaul of a game, like you will be doing - you will need dedicated scripters, modellers and texturers, then you will need to research everything and really work on how to put your ideas into the modification itself.

You appear to be totally unprepared to make even a small minor mod, never mind something as big as this.  Nevertheless, I do wish you the best of luck.  I would love to see a Mongol mod actually rise from the depths of history.
  2. Wei.Xiadi

Armor in 4.0?

I've agreed to help with the re-textures of these armours.  A lot of them need the correct speculars and all of them need normalmaps which isn't hard to do.  The problem is, these are done in sets and it would take a LONG time to get all of them done.  So right now i'd like to know which 'armour set' or 'faction set' people would like me working on the most and I can start tackling it faction by faction.

I'm thinking antarian first.
  3. Wei.Xiadi

OSP 2D Art [Warband] Wei.Xiadi's Litus Armour Project V1.1 (OSP)

FrisianDude said:
    Wei.Xiadi said:
    Updated to V1.1

* Thanks goes to Xenoargh for polishing the brf and changing the materials, models and texture files for easier identification.
    * Finally uploaded to the Repository.

That should be it.
    I should download this version. Also, just wondering, do you happen to have a large version of what you used for the cloth covering on
    ? Would be pretty sweet to have a warhorse covered with the same, I think. :razz:

Sadly not.  Though If i remember correctly, that texture was made using a carpet texture over leather (overlay), probably Persian style, with lots and lots of photoshop editing.  I could probably do a warhorse with a similar texture though if you want.
  4. Wei.Xiadi

That'd be great.  These armours are for everyone, but i'll start working on the mods that have contacted me.

Thanks for the positive feedback, and I'm glad everyone seems to like them. :smile:
  5. Wei.Xiadi

Feature Requests

Awesome.  I'll work on that soon then.  Right now, I probably won't be doing too many model edits.  But I may try and smash some of the armours together and see what happens.  Right now i'm just doing a variant, where do you want me to show the work? or do you want me to send you whatever I do direct?
  6. Wei.Xiadi

Updated to V1.1

* Thanks goes to Xenoargh for polishing the brf and changing the materials, models and texture files for easier identification.
    * Finally uploaded to the Repository.

That should be it.
  7. Wei.Xiadi

Feature Requests

Those armours from the Surreal brf are easy as hell to work with and I've got some really interesting ideas for a few of the new female armour textures I'll be doing, so yeah - expect some more women armour variants (and by variants I mean variants, not re-coloured sameys) soon!

Also, I'm learning how to do basic model edits, so I'll experiment with these women models first, see if I can add, or re-shape certain things without breaking the rig. (Not sure how to apply a standard rig from lets say, armour a to armour b though.  I think there's a program that automatically copies rigs from item a to item b.  Not sure yet, will keep looking for tutorials)
  8. Wei.Xiadi

Feature Requests

That would work.  You fit almost any actual theme by applying slight changes to the model structure.  In reality - its the texture and the materials that make it what it is.  Your idea would certainly work, and I'd be more than happy to make the end product samurai styled if you wish.
  9. Wei.Xiadi

Feature Requests

All of my armours fit a mongolian, chinese and nomadic feel far more than they do a Samurai feel.  I mean, I could certainly help and make textures based around the style of material the Japs often used but....very few of our models seem to match the japanese style in any way shape or form.

It'd be easier to simply stick with the chinese style...and ignore samurais unless we chinesify them a little or do a strange merge between chinese styles, japanese and nomadic...that'd be an interesting faction.  The swordsmen/spearmen of the Japanese, the cavalry and crossbowmen of the Chinese and the horse archers/lancers of the Mongols/nomads.

Yeah....it'd be GG really wouldn't it?
  10. Wei.Xiadi

FrisianDude said:
    Too bad Litus died, then. :sad: And I'd forgotten you were in the Mongol team. That team ended awkwardly. :/

Anyway, I can certainly use quite a few of your items. :grin:

Yeah, Sahran and I really enjoyed Litus as well, but thats life.  Look for another mod to join??? xD

And good, i'd hate all of my work to go to waste :grin: so use whatever you wish! :razz:
  11. Wei.Xiadi

Maltise said:
    Hay nice to see all the hard work you didnt not go to waist, Litus was an awesome mod with great items. It deserves to see us in other mods :smile:

Thanks Mal.  It's actually because of Sahran that I was able to get a lot of these files back after my computer had died.  Thank god for Sahran and his 'save everything' policy! :grin: But yeah...I'm happy now that my work is open for everyone.  I think from now on everything I make will be open source.  I'm sick of joining teams where the coders leaves and I'm left with a dead mod ... 'cough' mongol, litus 'cough'

I should learn how to code...:grin:

FrisianDude said:
    Some very nice work, thank you Wei! :smile:

No probs and thank you.  I'm glad you like them!

Will be adding another preview picture from the brf opener to the screens.  I figured i'd show a few of the different types of armours.
  12. Wei.Xiadi

I have to credit you for polishing the brf.  It's like receiving a big piece of cake and not saying 'thank you' when you top it with cream and cherries, it simply must be done!

As for your collection....I like it, but I'm no modeller.  I'd need to be given models to work with and then you know...strut my stuff. To be fair though, I am looking to learn how to model.  I got myself milkshape and now I'm sort of just....staring at the varies google tutorial pages going 'i so cannot be bothered with this'.

And thanks for the compliment.  I'm proud of some of the armours, and annoyed with others 'especially the ones I released that I know are sucky, either because the models are lame or the UAVs's decided that anything i draw should go 'RAWR STRETCH AND BLUR'.
  13. Wei.Xiadi

If you could send it over once complete I'd be in your debt.  Also, if there is anything specific you may want for your mod please let me know.  If anything, I can do an awful lot of different styles of textures. lol.

Regarding the quality of the models, that wasn't up to me unfortunately.  The Litus researchers would give me a concept picture, and a native model that resembled it and basically said 'get it done'. :razz: So I didn't get any real time to see which models were new or slightly old, nor did I really get to have fun or be creative.  I was semi-forced to keep the armours themed.

Also, Litus was during what, 1.113 of the warband release.  We still didn't know what we could or could not do with warband at the time.  If I recall, there were only like 7 or 8 mods for warband, all these big beauties hadn't been converted yet, :grin:
  14. Wei.Xiadi

How you label them is up to you, so long as there is a link or reference between my work compared to others.  Alternatively, you could just keep the 'wei.xiadi' brf and remove the things you don't want directly from that. (if you're using lots of osp work however, merging them all into 1 brf is simply easier)

I don't know what AO stands for.  Rod_ and any other name was a reference for Litus.  Rod = rhodok, so all textures I did with rod_ indicated they were meant to replace the rhodok armours.  I fleshed out re-skins for every faction, so the labels helped me out.  All of the models are native warband models, and ALL of the textures were made my me.  I can re-label them later on and re-upload if you think it would be better for me to re-name the armour names to WX_'something'.

Not sure why the names are confusing though :grin:.  Most, if not all of the armour re-skins share a similar name to its native counterpart, so that I know what re-skin is using what mesh/model.

I can give every piece of armour an original 'WX' labeled name if you think it would be better for me to do, as this is OSP.
  15. Wei.Xiadi

Thanks.  :grin:

I updated the images fresh from the brf editor.  A shame the brf's dont portray how they look in-game.  Also, I noticed that a few of the materials got removed during the merge.  So for the armours that show no texture, the dds file is there - you just need to add a material for it.

I just wish I could remember my repository password :sad:

edit: I made an error with the download link.  It should work as intended now. >.>
  16. Wei.Xiadi

Updated.

Now shows pictures scavenged from the Litus Boards.
  17. Wei.Xiadi

Wei Xiadi's Litus Armour Project Version 1.1 Download: Wei Xiadi's Litus Armour project V1.1 What this Mod does:  This pakacage includes 50+ armour re-textures for modders and members to use. These Armours all use Mount n Blade models, they have simply been retextured and added to a new...
  18. Wei.Xiadi

[S] Litus

The Avenger said:
    Euhm, i have question ( though it makes me feel dumb  :roll: )

I saw this mod some time ago and read some stuff en looked at some screens, the thing I normally do before downloading a mod, and the Litus mod looks pretty awesome ( even the word awesome sounds dull for this mod :smile: )

But when I download it and the download was almost complete it gave a error or when I try to save it in a map it gives me the error that it isn't working.
    Can somebody give me advise to what to do about it ?

Thanks and I hope I can play this mod :smile:

Download a 'download manager'.  Problems sometimes occurs with the repository download links, but a download manager has always fixed these issues in the past.  A download manager effectively pauses a download, rather than 'breaks' a download should the connected be maxed out or lost. ^^

So yeah, try downloading the mod via a download manager and see how it goes.
  19. Wei.Xiadi

What are you listening to right now? Mark IV.

This is our lot by Wild Beasts

and the song after that will be UB40's one in ten
  20. Wei.Xiadi

Congratz

Congrats on the child board Waihti.  I've been keeping an eye out on your mod for quite some time and it's really good to see just how quickly you can bring such change to the game.  You've made a superb mod.

Regards
    The Litus Team! (we love your work!)
Back
Top Bottom