Search results for query: *

1. Marcus Brutus

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Adorno said:
    Kocken said:
    Did some stuff in school, what do you think?
    tnNs-.jpg
    The background of the tree doesn't look very good. Perhaps a nice sky HDRi instead.
    The first house is cartoonish - I suppose that's intentional. Looks really good.
    Can I ask what software (rendering engine) you use?

Yeah, taht is the IBL skybox. should probably turned off the skybox and just kept the lightning. It's all rendered in Marmoset Toolbag, which is a really nice software (real-time rendering, easy to use)
  2. Marcus Brutus

Tatari_okan said:
    I like the models except the tree. It's trunk looks like made out of clay to me. Is that shield wet? Very interesting. :smile:

Ok, will check on the trees specular a bit later. Yeah we had to do a wet material for an assignment...  :???:
  3. Marcus Brutus

Did some stuff in school, what do you think?
    tnNs-.jpg
  4. Marcus Brutus

The thread of Beards, Beards, and even more Beards.

beards are great!

So how are you going to celebrate Beard Day? I'm thinking about doing something beard related like chopping wood, smoking a pipe, lifting weights eating hamburgers and driniking wiskey.
  5. Marcus Brutus

The thread of Beards, Beards, and even more Beards.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    I don't care how big your arm muscles are, I will slap you when we next meet.

you'll try, but you are only gonna end up hurting your hand on this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdscv4fhcc8zur4/20130902_172127.jpg[/img]

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    I can confirm that KOcken does have a beard. He was sporting a fantastic moustache when I met him in June, in Sweden.

I don't understand why anyone would doubt my word.
  6. Marcus Brutus

I'm hoping that someone here knows a thing or two about horse anatomy as I'm trying to sculpt one. (I know the hooves look really weird, but haven't really started on them yet...)
    3yjd.png
  7. Marcus Brutus

Einherjar {Closed}

NaglFaar said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8qB81S6_t0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUCyW9iDjx5TF0kK-NQ_VQAw

Sweet movie, man! :grin:
  8. Marcus Brutus

Warband Mash-Up Einherjar & Fwiends VS IG & Fwiends

less talking more raiding! (I'm in)
  9. Marcus Brutus

Si-A-erra. said:
    Anyone know of a good way to make a water texture for maya mental ray?
    Unfortunately, I don't, but did a quick google search, and this looks like it might help:

10. Marcus Brutus

thx, I agree about making it roomier around the shoulders aswell as giving the armor some padding around that area and I will also look over all of the other things. I'm not going for complete historical accuracy, but more like historical believable. :smile:
  11. Marcus Brutus

here is something I'm working on, any feedback would be nice  :smile:
    char2bo.png
  12. Marcus Brutus

La Grandmaster said:
    @ Kocken, nice, I really like it. Whats it for may I ask?

I've been modelling some army pants for my mod. Here are a few pics, I'm quite pleased with them :smile:

mb35p.jpg

mb36z.jpg

mb38i.jpg

mb40jy.jpg

Criticisms welcome  :grin:

thanks, it is for a school assignment. here is an update
    ironmant.png
    (there are a lot of things that Im not to happy about and that I'm going to change). texture is a placeholder.
  13. Marcus Brutus

this is a work in progress.
    ironman4.jpg
  14. Marcus Brutus

Good tablet for painting /making own textures

I would recommend getting a wacom tablet, get an intuos if you can afford it (I have one and its great), the bamboo is a bit cheaper (but I have no experience in using one.)
  15. Marcus Brutus

An update on my first armor, created my first normal map (not to happy about the helmet). Ant suggestions?
    armor1.png
  16. Marcus Brutus

La Grandmaster said:
    Kocken said:
    I started working on this chainmail armor (my first ever)
    armorx.png
    . I was wondering if anyone might give me some feedback, and is there any tutorials on adding armor to warband?

Actually looks pretty good, even putting aside that its your first model  :grin:  Looks slightly weird around the neck/chin bit, although I dont know if its meant to look like that. Maybe need to make few edges hard but im not too sure. Just need to uv map it and texture it now  :grin:

Im not sure what is causing that strange shadow under the chin. will look into it. got rid of it by hardening some of the edges.
    xenoargh said:
    Hi Kocken, welcome!

OK, I'm going to just give you some technical information / rules of thumb.  I'll let others critique the model.

1.  M&B models are animated from the classic T position, not the modern relaxed stance.  Doesn't really matter a great deal atm, just bear that in mind when moving on to rig; you'll need to reposition the arms and legs.

2.  Check the proportions out very carefully before moving on to skin; the proportions of M&B models are a little funky.  Nothing major but I thought I'd say that now so that you don't waste time. 

3.  Bear in mind that you'll want to save as many triangles as you can on the big surfaces.  It all looks acceptable in this shot but it's hard to say without having numbers for triangles and verts.  Try to keep the body model (I presume that the head / maille there is meant to be a helmet model only) under 2500 triangles for LOD0, but basically be ruthless wherever you can be, while leaving yourself plenty of loops in the critical areas (the shoulders and the groin / hip joints).
    ok, right now the armor model (yes it is separate from the helmet) is 2300 tris ( i can reduce this quite alot i think... gonna reposition arms and legs and scale it all to fit m&b body mesh. Thanks for the input.
  17. Marcus Brutus

I started working on this chainmail armor (my first ever)
    armorx.png
    . I was wondering if anyone might give me some feedback, and is there any tutorials on adding armor to warband?
  18. Marcus Brutus

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Val-ès-Dunes

I'm with the Englishman. Who will be able to withstand my mighty beard?
  19. Marcus Brutus

Is it hard being a noob in multiplayer?

Úlfheðinn said:
    False, a pro player would never use a ranged weapon.

Ask yourself when did you see Kocken using a bow or javelin?

Exactly.

True, but I have a beard.
Back
Top Bottom