Search results for query: *

1. Edward Windsor

Resolved Smithing Issue after e1.1.0 - no unlocks!

By "unlocks" I mean the different weapon parts for forging, not the unlocking of skill perks.
  2. Edward Windsor

Resolved Smithing Issue after e1.1.0 - no unlocks!

Hello, team! Right after the beta branch was moved to the main Steam branch with e1.1.0, my smithing efforts stopped producing unlocks. I played several hours and tried smelting and forging. I even unlocked the perk that gives faster learning of the different weapon parts but to no avail - it...
  3. Edward Windsor

Your personal Viking Conquest rating (X out of 10)

2/10

And I think it's a fair, not very emotional rating. One point for the interesting story and one for the new gameplay ideas. For the rest...I don't know where to start. Graphics ugly as hell, Cro-Magnon faces everywhere, lagging, buggs, combat is often hilarious... 

I was shocked to see a game about vikings without any Danish axes or throwing axes in it. Also, there must be some exotic weapons and armour types. And prize horses, too. Make them rewards from tournaments or maybe goods supplied by certain merchants, whatever. Also, it will be fun to include Franks. As raiders, scouting parties, or maybe as mercenaries. 
  4. Edward Windsor

The future for the Brytenwalda team

Pre-ordered the game two days ago. I wanna say that the wait is painful. I hope you guys unleash the Viking Conquest before Christmas  :mrgreen:
  5. Edward Windsor

1066? Boring. Am I the only one around here who wants to play as a Frankish paladin? A mod about Europe after the death of Louis the Pious will be something awesome. Just think about it - you will have it all, including Vikings, Slavs, nomads, Moors and so forth.
  6. Edward Windsor

Anything with both franks and vikings in it would be awesome, as soon as it's done by the Brytenwalda team :wink:
  7. Edward Windsor

Suggestions and Critique

Hi guys,

I've been playing 1257AD, Brytenwalda and a couple of 15th century mods. Finally, I've decided to try Europe 1200. It is full of clever ideas and promising features - definitely one of my favourite mods! However, it will be really great if you get rid of some ahistorical and highly dubious armour types. For instance, banded armour, studded leather coats and so forth. Yes, I know that the vast cornucopia of leather armour variations is hard to eradicate, but come on - think of it as a pest control. These fantasy leather garments shouldn't plague your wonderful mod any longer! Kick them all out!
  8. Edward Windsor

herr mannelig

Good man (bows)
  9. Edward Windsor

herr mannelig

Does anybody here knows the song names of the svn beta version? One of the music files is called travel_france1 and the song sounds very similar to the Swedish folk ballad Herr Mannelig...except that the lyrics are in French. Any ideas about the artist? Thanks in advance  :wink:
  10. Edward Windsor

Height system

Ah, no problem, I was just curious about it. Besides, it is clear that gigantic size has its drawbacks - I can easily best the big Saxon at competition, even when the AI is maxed and the level of tournament is expert - he's slow and clumsy :grin:
  11. Edward Windsor

Height system

Is it possible to start as tall as Uthred the Saxon? I remember 4 heights for men, but i see only 3 in the character creation options.
  12. Edward Windsor

Gauntlets and greaves

I finally found the damn gauntlets and greaves! There you go: enable the cheat menu, open it and the top option, incorrectly called "change the weather", is the good old find-an-item. There you can find almost everything, including our beloved gauntlets and greaves. Some of the top-tier armour suits are absent, but it's not a big deal - you can buy these in the nearest city.

Fuwa, I wish you luck with the modding!
  13. Edward Windsor

Gauntlets and greaves

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude - this mod is awesome! Finally a good recreation of the Late Middle Ages in the M&B world! I am a little confused when I need to purchase gauntlets and greaves. I can hardly find any of them in towns and it seems that the cheat menu lacks the...
  14. Edward Windsor

1257 1.03

The Mongol camps are working nicely!
  15. Edward Windsor

cavalry overpowered

Well, this is year 1257 and cavalry is king. This is historically correct. Knights are those who are highly trained, not the foot soldiers, so it's normal to see them superior both on foot and mounted. The only decent infantrymen of that time are the Catalans (Almughavars), which reminds me that javelins are really too overpowered in game.

If you are looking for good infantry, the 13th century is not your time period - the foot soldiers are underdogs. The 1300s saw the rise of effective anti-cavalry units like the Flemish and Swiss halberdiers.   
  16. Edward Windsor

Weird freelance promotion

I downloaded 1257AD 1.02 two days ago and created a new profile. First thing to do: go to the Crusader States, find the prince of Antioch and enlist. All went pretty well, I've risen to the rank of sergeant crossbowman very fast. Later on, I retired from service and went on to partake in some...
  17. Edward Windsor

Changes of troop trees?

Oh, I think I found the answer of my question about missing troop types here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,278862.0.html Don't bother answering, people  :grin:
  18. Edward Windsor

Changes of troop trees?

Good point, NikeBG. I always thought that "pesyak" is the correct spelling for dog-breeder, though.

As far as I know, you are the main contributor to the BG faction. What happened to the high-tier peshaks? Are they deleted for the sake of balance or I missed something?
  19. Edward Windsor

Changes of troop trees?

Hello, I'm new here and I'm amazed! 1257 AD looks awesome! I kinda feel sorry for my personal life since I discovered this mod  :D So, here's my question: are there any changes of the troop trees? For example, the Bulgarian Dubravniij Pesac upgrades only to axeman and I couldn't find any...
Back
Top Bottom