Search results for query: *

• Users: Mynes
  • Order by date
  1. Mynes

Ways to deal with the toxicity

The most toxic people i met so far are (newish) players that can't handle other people being better at the game and instantly talk **** once their losing.
    This is actually so true, happened to me a couple of times already from new players xD
  2. Mynes

Tutorial Coding Changing the Return Value of a Method with Harmony

Nice work. This will definitely be useful to many!
  3. Mynes

taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

How does it pollute it?
    Not sure why its very difficult for you to understand. Take your time to read this carefully.
    yes says I. when it comes to balance, do you really think the feedback of new players is helpful? do you really think a random guy on TDM knows which classes or perks are too strong, or what mechanics are being abused and are dominant? they might have ideas about these things, probably some correct ideas too, but that doesn’t mean that kind of feedback is necessary for proper balancing. you’re more likely to get higher quality and more accurate balance feedback from good competitive players. that doesn’t mean their feedback should be unquestionable or taken as an absolute truth, but you could successfully balance the game with only that kind of feedback. look at valorant for an example of that.
  4. Mynes

I wouldn't agree it's a good comparison, but even if we accept it for now that is correct if I had to choose. But if I could have both then why not?
    Because there would be a stronger correlation in the high quality sample of data and less variance. A larger observational sample, especially in this case were we are trying to sort out balancing issues, will only end up polluting the sample with unnecessary data.
  5. Mynes

What's wrong with using both? It might show interesting correlations. Then we look at the stats gathered from public and ranked matches and we might start seeing the bigger picture.
    In statistics, a high quality small sample of data produces superior interpretation and conclusion compared to a low quality large sample of data. A small sample of data collected in controlled conditions is preferred to a larger observational sample of unknown provenance.
  6. Mynes

getting data from as many sources as possible is not beneficial when it comes to balance.
    Certainly not when someone claims cav needs a buff!
  7. Mynes

Poll: Class System vs. Warband Loadout Customization

Metafa finally gave up now we are left with tork of swadia.
    No point discussing this further because it's going nowhere
  8. Mynes

MP Delay/stun when attempting to swap weapon upon being hit

Getting hit once is fine. Twice is too much.
    Warband didn't have such a punish mechanic and it got abused alot by archer players.
    All princes fault...
    Agree with this. Delaying for one hit is reasonable.
  9. Mynes

About Bannerlord moving speed

Agree, infantry movement feels like it's slow but mostly due to the size of maps and relative speed of everything else e.g. cav. When it comes to actual combat, movement is far too fast and very slidey. Duels feel more like a high speed chase than two humans interacting.
    It feels like having a rubber banding effect which I believe is partly caused by the attack release delay and movement/coordination penalty depending on stance

10. Mynes

To TaleWorlds

No, sir. It's maybe the account of your cognitive dissonance about you being the only ones knowing what the masses want and enjoy. I give +1 to OP and agree 100%
    Its pretty obvious the majority are not really happy with current state of the game. You really need to take a break, the last few days have been very exhausting indeed..
  11. Mynes

To TaleWorlds

Metafa on another account? :unsure:
  12. Mynes

Poll: Community Dedicated Servers

We should have, and it's what most of the people want.
    But TW doesn't have admin tools ready, most of the functions that admin tools provide aren't ready yet or fully functioning without bugs(Spectator mode not working, swap map gamemode factions malfunctioning or not working etc). And I assume most of the key thing for the dedicated servers themselves to happen aren't finished yet(I'm no expert on the topic, but I assume this is quite complex to code or set up).

So no way they launch them soon unless that they give extreme focus to it, which won't and shouldn't be the case now. They need to work on game-breaking bugs&glitches, then combat, mechanics and balance and after that other adjustements in all areas(SP, Balance between casual and competitive MP, perks, minor combat & mechanics tweaks) and only after the game is somewhat ready, develop & release those dedicated servers(with duel & new single life mode included hopefully).

Can safely say that will take many months.
    It was possible to host servers in versions prior to b0.9 but they removed the dedicated server file TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll. Probably because of the reasons you mentioned and I agree with you that they are addressing other issues as a higher priority which makes sense.
  13. Mynes

My view of the MP as an Alpha tester.

Yea, what you quote of me shows how I meant it. "Check them in singleplayer" meaning check that there isn't any difference. Damn, I really ticked you off with my opinions today, huh? :grin:
    You probably spend more time arguing on this forum for someone that really enjoys the game. Makes me wonder if you even played the game at all...
  14. Mynes

Multiplayer experience.

Surprised they didn't rage quit lol
  15. Mynes

The problem is here that it wont rly affect my gameplay. If i go for a mace instead of sword i need to change my playstyle. With the mace ill probably play closer up to the enemy. While with the sword i can go for more spams and outranges. WIth the axe i can play safe and break their shield. Whatever choice i make i need to adapt to optimize its use. Which wasnt the case in warband
    Someone finally did the math but made wrong conclusions. The 30,260,340 vs 45 number of combinations should subtly(not really) hint you which system is easer to balance. Yes, you get less variation, but it's a bad thing if we want a proper competitive experience.

Do feel free to bring back that variation with mods, but please stay away with that suggestion from the competitive part of the game, it doesn't need that, in fact it's harmful.

This is something to do with the variations of weaponry available within the faction and not a flaw in the system. Every faction had its strengths and weaknesses in Warband depending on the availability of certain weapons/armours and general stats of the faction troop. The inventory system itself had no flaws whatsoever. Balancing the factions on the other hand is another story and is something that can be worked upon by tracking stats of certain weapons/armours and nerfing/buffing them when required.

Also I made the exact same calculations months ago, but who bothered quoting my post? No one. As soon as someone does the same thing, but it's who you like, then it's totally worth quoting, right?
    Not sure why you're calling me out when it's just a post I managed to come across from another member of the forums. Sorry for not reading your post earlier mate, I'm not out here looking after every post you have made on the forums.
  16. Mynes

Helmets, theres barely any difference between the 2 heavy helmets or around 5 armor
    Arming Cap = meme?
    Helmet with Cap = meme?
    Helmet with Neckguard = medium helmet
    Flat topped Helmet = medium helmet
    Guard Helmet = upgraded heavy helmet
    Great Helmet = upgraded heavy helmet

Armour
    Red Tunic
    Leather Armor = medium armor
    Red Gambeson = medium armor
    Haubergeon = heavy armor
    Brigandine = heavy armor

boots are similar and gloves have rly low impact

1 handed weapons = 3 swords that are all similar, short sword too short for battle
    Sword
    Short Sword
    Sword
    Short Arming Sword
    Arming Sword

Polearms
    Awl pike
    Long Awl Pike = cav drop

Throwing weapons = cant take it because of no gold left, they are way too low in dmg to be effective or useful
    Darts
    War Darts

2 handed weapons = litterly just duel weapons
    Bastard Sword
    Heavy Bastard Sword
    Two handed Sword
    Great Sword

In the end this leaves you with the option to go medium armor infantry with shield a sword and an awlpike
    If you get enough gold you can go for heavy armor
    If you drop for cav you cant even go for awlpike and throwing
    Do you realise you will still end up with more customization options than you currently have in BL? You're able to upgrade parts of your armour as well as your 1 handed weapons and shields. Also this is just an example of the Swadian faction, you have a wider range of weaponary within the nordic faction for instance.
  17. Mynes

Man I hope Talewords sticks to their guns on the new mechanics they’re trying to implement. There’s so many threads like this with people just wanting to revert back to warband systems and a lot of times the same people complain that there’s no changes from warband!
    No one is saying we should go back to Warband systems, but changing to something which is clearly inferior in many aspects is not something we want. They should rather improve that feature and make it more interesting and not the opposite!
  18. Mynes

choices you could actually make was very low. You could take better helmets and armor and a better arming sword, thats it.
    Armoury:

Helmets

Arming Cap
    Helmet with Cap
    Helmet with Neckguard
    Flat topped Helmet
    Guard Helmet
    Great Helmet

Armour
    Red Tunic
    Leather Armor
    Red Gambeson