Search results for query: *

• Users: Janus
  • Order by date
  1. Janus

We need Warband engine to develop independent games

Your best bet is probably the Business and General Inquiries contact email address here:
  2. Janus

TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Thanks for all your hard work.
    I didn't do anything here beyond helping test a little bit for Jace.
  3. Janus

TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

It does seem to be working now, I tested with up to a 6.7 MB file.
  4. Janus

Game launcher working but not actually launching game

If you're talking about Bannerlord, your support request for it should go here:

If Warband, here:
  5. Janus

Forum Feedback and Suggestions (NOT Game Feedback)

I'll see what I can do when I have some time to spare for it.
  6. Janus

Did old forum theme color released while I am gone?
    It didn't, and Callum (who made this current theme and had planned to do that variation) has since left TW to work elsewhere. I might ought to just go ahead and make a simple color-based theme swap from my old forum theme myself.
  7. Janus

Forum Bug/Issue/Error Reporting

Thanks. I'm not particularly computer savvy, but I currently have the page bookmarked specifically to the Bannerlord-Singleplayer forums. I can try bookmarking it to a more generic Taleworlds forum & see if that works.
    The bookmark or point of access you use for the forums shouldn't matter at all. The problem would most likely be with something related to your browser or VPN issues as covered above, which Cloudflare is finding suspicious.
  8. Janus

Forum Bug/Issue/Error Reporting

Over the past 2-3 weeks when I try to get to these forums I get a screen that wants me to check a box stating I'm a human. I click the box and about 3 out of 4 times it brings up the same screen asking if I'm a human. It won't get past that and I therefore can't check the forums (or post a problem). I'm sure some people I know wonder whether I'm truly human, but I'm not totally sure what the purpose of this even is. Why would someone run a program to get in here as a computer spamming something? In any case, you need to change your authentication program so when it asks whether I'm human it basically doesn't come back and wonder if I'm lying.
    Heightened security is currently enabled through Cloudflare due to current active blocking of DDoS attacks.

It can be overly suspicious with certain things it considers bot-like behavior. These often come down to some VPNs behaving oddly, or particular browser extensions, or bad security certificates/fingerprints, or bad stored cookies, or other such things.
    Things you can try:
    1. Try incognito / guest mode in your browser.
    2. Try without a VPN (or use a different one if possible) if you are using one.
    3. Try using another browser, see if it works.
    4. Temporarily disable all browser extensions/addons to see if that takes care of it. If so, you can then try to pinpoint the problem extension.
    5. Clear cookies and site data for the taleworlds.com domain as a whole.
  9. Janus

Just tried it and it seems to be an issue with Chrome and occasionally firefox, since it works on Edge with and without VPN on my laptop. Very weird.
    Could be particular settings (Javascript being disabled, or something) or addons that aren't playing nice.
  10. Janus

Last couple of months the cloudflare protections has been locking me out regardless of how long i wait. I can only access it sometimes on my phone and only if I turn the VPN off. Bear in mind that I've been in China for a year but it's never been an issue until recently. Dunno if it's something you can feasibly fix, just making you aware.
    The CloudFlare browser check is currently needed to handle some DDoS attacks that have been occurring.

Presumably your time and date are correct. Is this with more than one browser, or possibly specific to one?
  11. Janus

Hi there, @Janus. I have three suggestions.

1. It would be nice to support the anchor bbcode tag to be able to link to specific paragraphs of a post.

2. It would be neat if clicking on the button for preformatted or inline text doesn't add carriage returns to the tags when sandwiching the selected text, as that defeats the inline thing a bit, one needs to fix it up later, I normally just copy-paste them in the raw editor, to make sure it does what I need. Not sure how feasible that is in XenForo.

The way the preformatted text worked in SMF was just changing the font of specific
    words
    without affecting the background (good, that's what icode is for) or making it appear as a block. Ideally it would respect whitespace and not have line gaps, making the box-drawing characters show up fine and square.

3. The comment length in profile replies is kind of limited, but my main qualm is that the formatting text counts against the limit. So you can't even add two linked words in there when someone asks you something; you have to split it into a bunch of them, which is kind of ugly.

Thanks in advance.

1. That's what the anchor BBCode does. The format of it has changed from how it worked in SMF, but that's what it does if used correctly. See here.

Code:
    [anchor]anchor-example[/anchor]
    And here's an example link to an anchor just above.

2. XenForo's post editor has various issues which are beyond what I'm willing to mess with. I understand they are continuing to fix various issues that they can while actively looking into replacing the Froala core of the editor with something else in a future XenForo release.
    But as to your point of preformatted text having unwanted gaps between lines, that's a good point. I've just made a CSS tweak to fix that.

3. I've increased the comment character limit to 1000. There are apparently performance concerns with increasing the length limit too much, which of course are irrespective of whether the content is plain text or BBCode formatting info or whatever.
  12. Janus

This issue still exists.

I genuinely avoid writing large posts because the editor eliminates line breaks above a line if you use backspace. It's frustrating.
    Yeah, the various newline problems can be annoying. It's a known issue with the Froala editor version which XenForo is currently using. Hopefully the next XenForo minor update will at least partially fix it. Apparently the XenForo devs are investigating other solutions to potentially move away from Froala entirely, but only in a major update.
  13. Janus

taleworlds.com - Connection timed out - Redirection doesn't work

This is apparently due to a legacy server they have set up for the taleworlds.com domain through HTTPS without the "www" (just that particular combination, all others work properly), which for some reason doesn't allow for a proper redirect.

I'll pass on a reminder that this is still an issue to the dev in charge of that.

EDIT:
    They now have it fixed.
  14. Janus

Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Some genuine accounts seem to be hijacked by adbots @Orion. Did you have a break in?
    Looks to have been a handful of accounts (well, 23 accounts here specifically, so a decent number) which presumably had their login info compromised through a hack on some other website that they use the same login info on.
  15. Janus

Is MBrepository dead?

Yes, 0.808 is there, but I want 0.800, the buggy version :smile:
    Ah, sorry, just saw the first part of your reply.
  16. Janus

Is MBrepository dead?

0.808 is actually far superior, as 0.800 had a number of bugs and a couple different features (the map was different for just that version). So it's for my own personal research that I would like to check it out.
    The 0.808 Nexus link appears to have it.
  17. Janus

Is MBrepository dead?

Damn. 0.903 is a dud - no files uploaded. Anyone have a mirror to a working download? And to 0.800, while we're at it.

For 0.800, would 0.808 not work?
  18. Janus

Is MBrepository dead?

Do you think TW would possibly have any recent backups? It sucks to lose such a big part of our history. Especially since some madmen continued to update their uploads even after it became impossible to add anything new.
    They definitely don't have backups of it.

You could count the number of file listings on one hand which actually had any updates posted over the past 5+ years, so it's absolutely been minimal activity on the site for a good long while now.

I really do wish I'd been able to shut it down after advanced notice, but it was apparently an accident/misunderstanding among a lot of other older servers they manage being cleaned up.
  19. Janus

I myself would support to show prominent Warband mods at that place if a new group comes up which generates activity. At Bannerlord that problem is not really given since there they aren't splitted into different game subboards, so that overview page is missing.
    It's a possibility, but it would bear discussion as to how we would want to present it, if it's deemed to be desirable. Sorry I can't give a quick answer.
Back
Top Bottom