Search results for query: *

1. So, I haven't played since .751.

I'm in a similar boat. I haven't played since years ago (I think registration was $5 at the time). I'm kind of overwhelmed by this new version, .950. I'm not sure how to get started now. As far as I can see, there's no Zendar, no river pirates to train up on, no arena for easy leveling and cash generation. Also, the lances seem to have been nerfed terribly (they used to dominate even when dismounted). Anyone have any suggestions for getting started out?

Oh, and I seem to have lost my registration info. What's the best way of recovering that?
  2. Quick and Dirty Manual (v0.623)

Hey hey.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Been hopelessly plugged in to Guild Wars. I'll take a look at all the suggestions and update the "manual" later (hopefully this evening).
  3. (v. 0.623) Occasional crash during the game

Somebob said:
    My own debug list:
    Tried the battle-size menu. At its minimum or at its maximum makes no difference to either bug, nor any setting in between.
    Sound and Music to zero doesn't stop the bizzaro static from being heard loud and clear when it appears.
    Disabling the sound in the config file also didn't stop the sound bug, and I didn't notice any reduction in crash rates.
    Frequency variation to off, no noticeable difference.
    Absolute minimum graphics settings, no difference.

I've also had this sound problem since I first got the game (I believe I posted a report way back when). I also tried all of the above, and it doesn't do anything. Strange that disabling the sound still doesn't fix it. It's a pain, because being deaf in battle is a definite handicap, you can't hear the in-game music, and you can't even listen to your own MP3s. You just have to turn your speakers off.

As I mentioned in my original bug report, I have a Soundblaster Live.

Please Armagan, fix this one!
  4. New user and suggestions!

It would also be more realistic for just about every hit to kill or disable you. It doesn't matter if it's a one-handed or two-handed sword... if you get hit in the face, you're out of the fight.

Sometimes realism needs to give way to gameplay and balance.
  5. Mount&Blade FAQ.

Speed and strength also affect the damage.
  6. Necromancers?

Kynes said:
    Make it so there's a random encounter on the world map where an '83 DeLorian materialises inbetween you and the enemy leaving behind a trail of fire and then gets hit with a stray arrow.

Yes! It could even spin off a side quest, where you have to find parts to repair the flux capacitor!
  7. Horse meat

Tyreal the Imperishable said:
    If the developer/s happen to be reading this, is it at all possible to include the option of putting a prisoner into your food slot?

Wouldn't really work. Horses are inventory items, prisoners aren't.

As far as horses as food go, I just realized their one big advantage. Meat or grain weigh about 40, while horses actually mitigate some weight penalty. You move a lot faster when you replace all your food with cheap horses.
  8. Relating exp gains to damage

Wow... one of the few suggestions to be shot down by The Man himself.

I feel special. :grin:
  9. Mod: Attackable peasants

Man, since I've installed the mod I haven't run into a single group of peasants in hours of playing. Has anyone else had this happen, or am I just experiencing some bad luck?
  10. Reduce "Knock Back" affect - perhaps with a skill?

Shyhalu: Why not wait until the new version comes out before deciding that Armagan has ruined the game with his "wrong decision"? This topic has been discussed in depth many times (before you joined this boards, I might add) and your arguments are nothing new. Balot has an interesting take on the realism aspect of shrugging off a 0 damage blow buried in a post somewhere.

The point is, don't flip out until you actually see the changes for yourself. This tuning process is why the game's still in beta anyway.

Corksacker: I actually find it easier to deal with enemies on horseback than enemies on foot when I'm on foot, as long as I have a shield. Just get in the way of the charging horse. It'll rear up, and you can tear the rider apart while he's trying to recover. Much easier than running backwards as fast as you can, trying to time attacks between blocks and all that.
  11. overwhelming enemies!

corksacker69 said:
    what really cranks up lag on my system are horses. whenever an army of 13 dark riders running through a lake comes into view, my fps goes from 250 to 30.

Could this be from the particle effect of the splashing water? I think there's a way to turn it off in the config file.
  12. Necromancers?

Yay. The first flamewar of the Taleworlds forums. Congrats Worm and Co.

This "debate" is pointless anyway. Armagan's made it clear that he's not going the fantasy route. Not D&D fantasy, not "just one dragon" fantasy.

Nothing's stopping anyone from starting a fantasy mod. Instead of all this pointless flaming, why not start planning one out?
  13. Cannon fodder

Yeah, I do the same. Just toss a bunch of footment into the grinder, and some of them will survive long enough to become knights. Same with peasant women when I'm trying to breed sword sisters (except I work a little harder to keep them alive). It just takes too long if you rely on that post-battle experience. Your units need to get a few kills in.
  14. overwhelming enemies!

My computer's cobwebs have cobwebs, and I don't have any trouble runnign M&B at full battle size. I wouldn't mind seeing bigger battles.
  15. (0.623) Switching weapons

Personally, I use "z" for change weapon and "x" for change shield. I don't remember why I didn't use the more common "e" or "r".
  16. Corrupted save...(seems like)

You should email the save to Armagan. The email address should be on the website.
  17. Big list o' suggestions (caravans, weapons, heroes, etc.)

I'm pretty sure all of these have been suggested before, but maybe not as neatly. The ideas are certainly more convincing now than I remember, at least.
  18. Nice Game

New game coming out by the Silent Storm guys called Sickle and Hammer. Same sort of feel, only fast forwarding to the cold war. It's already out in Russia, but games seem to take forever to reach the US from there.

And I do believe a Silent Storm 2 is in the works.
  19. Nice Game

Don't get so excited for JA3, Bluesman. It was going to be a real time with pause game, until about last week (deep into development). Then, the publisher realized how horrible it would be, and forced the developer to switch back to turn-based. So now we've got a game that's making huge changes far into development and a dev team that doesn't like those changes.

Doesn't look good for JA3.
Back
Top Bottom