Search results for query: *

1. Yorkshireman

Viking Conquest issues

I have an issue, where is the surprise?
  2. Yorkshireman

Viking Conquest Update 1.02 (released)

where is my "we fixed the combat by completely replicating vikingr" patch plzploxk?
  3. Yorkshireman

Adding items from brytenwalda

DerHerbst said:
    Yeah the item and graphics part is done really...I never got around to releasing it because I was obsessively modifying weapon and armor stats.  I was also customizing the gear of every troop/npc/lord in the game.  Then I moved and got a new job and lost focus. 

I think I can basically add the items to VC without the module but it may or may not cause some issues.  You def won't be able to see the items in the cheatmenu but they should appear in the markets just fine.  There is also the issue of the new character models in VC so the old armors may not fit or look weird next to the new muscle bound mail armors.  The weapons should present no problems though.  All in all I think I complied about 100-125 items...

I am excited to add this to VC if all is approved!

If you could make it so items are added to NPC's that would be pretty dank, make it happen plZploxk?kthx
  4. Yorkshireman

[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

I would like to apologize in advance if i'm requesting what has already being suggested, or what admins have already justified leaving out/adding in, and if any of this seems totally ridiculous. I agree with most of what has being mentioned, but in addition I would like to see..

Crouching - Would allow players (like in Vikingr) to take cover, to create more efficient formations (more depth to gameplay) and adds more immersion among other things.

Get rid of infinite ammo while on boats - Because that's incredibly annoying and immersion breaking.

Add certain items from Brytenwalda/remake them if you must - Sutton Hoo helmet (very expensive in multiplayer), throwing axes, long 2 handed axes, leather armour, seaxes unique to each faction, banners unique to each faction, things like this. Because in warband historical accuracy is important, but not to the extent where anything considered historically inaccurate is totally excluded, taking away from allot of potential fun. This issue has no doubt being discussed in detail else where on the forum.

Make the combat speed slower, make wearing armour slow you down, it feels like I am on a hover board in multiplayer and armour feels weightless. In my opinion Vikingr and other mods got it right with actually adding weight to the character, it makes combat allot more immersive, focused and incredibly entertaining, not where players are running by one another at incredible speeds.

End round music - On multiplayer and single player, when a round is won it should play a badass Viking victory song, when lost it should play a sad one.

Shield Bashing should also initiate a battle cry - It's hard for me to justify everything, you know, just more immersion.

More item variation in multiplayer - Where is my Gjermundbu helmet when playing Norse? Or my saxon chainmail? I would like to be able to select a wider range of weapons and clothing colours as found in the singleplayer, just to make me feel more immersed.

Well that's all I can think of for now, thank you for your work.
  5. Yorkshireman

Viking Conquest Update 1.01 (released)

Thanks allot for patching the game Brytenwalda team. Though I believe the multiplayer needs a bit of a overhaul I've had tremendous fun with the single player since the patch, just wanted to say thanks, even though the game should have being released in that state, but you are just a small group of modders so personally I can understand that. Certain features I would like to be added (as found in Brytenwalda) are minor additions that can be added later.
  6. Yorkshireman

why are all the character skin colours locked from warband?

kraggrim said:
    Huh. If folks read the post he's asking repeatedly about choosing, i.e. for the one character the player has choice over. He's not asking for a swathe of dark faces across Europe.

I've seen an absolute ton of folk asking for greater variety of weapons/armour, all in the name of fun over conservative estimates of absolute historical accuracy. A dude asks for the option to make his one foreign player-character model dark skinned (which has been pointed out is totally possible historically), and people suddenly start going on about multiculturalism and political correctness. Bizarre response.

I agree 100% with this man.
  7. Yorkshireman

Your personal Viking Conquest rating (X out of 10)

3/10 In it's current state.

8/10 If they patch it with more features, content and fixes (cus i'm so biased and just want a badass viking DLC)
  8. Yorkshireman

Thank you, Viking Conquest team

I'm sorry if I am asking a question that's out of place or has already being answered, but is there confirmation by the devs that a new patch will be released fixing most of the games problems, as well as adding in a few more features and items? Despite my criticism I see the DLC has tremendous potential. I will wait patiently until I receive a new patch that fixes the issues and adds more things, but to play it now just pains me to think there is so much wasted potential on a game that could be really badass. I hope i'm not being overly optimistic. But devs if you're reading this, a new patch, make it happen please, I will overlook the state the game was released in i'll just be happy to have a badass viking DLC.. just really wanted to get that of my chest.
  9. Yorkshireman

Thank you, Viking Conquest team

Thank you for releasing this with zero testing, producing the most buggiest infestation I have ever seen in a game, I pitty you, not even starship troopers had to deal with this many killer bugs.
    Thank you also for rushing it missing content that obviously should have being released with the game, such as two handed axes, making the 2 handed skill mainly pointless. Thank you for your assurances to add what should have already being in the game weeks after release.

1E988790FCD79D5D4ADF5C9EEF23E52161252AAB
  10. Yorkshireman

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Maldon (November 16th)

I sign up as Randolf Huskarl Jomsborg for the Leiðangrsfólk
  11. Yorkshireman

Suggestions

I have a question and sorry if this has already being addressed before; Why didn't the Vikingr development team find an alternative for battle shouts and the end round music?
  12. Yorkshireman

The Mead Hall

YES
  13. Yorkshireman

The Mead Hall

Hello
  14. Yorkshireman

Community Art ! [first post depository]

I am sketch this sketch of Anglo-Saxon Brytenwalder;
    pd0i.jpg
    And this one to:
    gi30.jpg
  15. Yorkshireman

PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Sulcoit (8/12/13)

Army of lumberjacks:
    5bpu.jpg
    Army of potato farmers:
    rlrq.jpg

Thanks to the organizers for all the fun.
  16. Yorkshireman

Víkingr: Shieldwall Event (CLOSED)

Thank you for everyone who organised the event and participated in it for a glorious battle.
  17. Yorkshireman

Vikingr clans

Celtichugs said:
    Víkingr clans are always recruiting, technically. However, most - if not all the long standing ones - work on a "we invite you" process, rather than a sign up or recruitment process. How Fir Áraig and most of the afore mentioned clans do this is by monitoring you ingame. How often you play, how you play, if you are mature, if you follow the server and community guidelines, etc.

Ultimately, show you love the mod, it's community and the history it represents and clans will be inclined to invite you.

All this said, asking to join a clan directly wouldn't hurt :smile:

I see, thank you Celt.
  18. Yorkshireman

Vikingr clans

Heill. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but would there happen to be a viking clan currently recruiting?
Back
Top Bottom