Search results for query: *

• Users: Kuxe
  • Order by date
  1. Kuxe

Multiplayer's future and server population.

I don't think it's fair to say that a game should have a vibrant multiplayer community on release if it's already been out in Early Access for 2 years. It had 200k players March 2020, by July 2020 it had 20k players, and that figure has slowly increased since then. So I'm slightly optimistic about the future.

But yeah, I agree that it's VERY STRANGE that they have not solved server stability yet.
  2. Kuxe

Resolved Crash when paying salary to troops

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.
    Hi, thanks for replying. This bug is not reproducible for me any longer. It was fixed some time ago with a patch (I dont recall what patch).
  3. Kuxe

Resolved No sound

Got the same probem,
    i get it fixed by go to documents/ mount and blade II bannerlord/ configs/ engine_config and change disable_sound = 1 to disable_sound = 0
    Hope it works for you to
    I suddenly got no sound today too. The following steps led up the point where I no longer had any sounds and then up to the point where it was fixed:

1. Play single player campaign
    2. First thing I did was press ESC to get up the menu
    3. Press Options-button
    4. Game frooze
    5. I CTRL+ALT+DELETE my way out of the game
    6. Start Bannerlord Singleplayer again
    7. No sound
    8. I reboot computer
    9. Still no sound when starting Bannerlord Singleplayer
    10. I upgrade to 1.2.0 - beta, still no sound when starting Bannerlord Singleplayer
    11. I downgrade to 1.1.0, still no sound when starting Bannerlord Singleplayer
    12. I try Bannerlord Multiplayer, still sound
    13. I read the quoted post and notice that my engine_config.txt indeed had disable_sound = 1. I changed to disable_sound = 0.

I guess disable_sound was set to 1 when the game froze on "3. Press Options-button"?

Suggestion to devs: A very simple feature that would alleviate this issue by magnitudes is to add a checkbox that reflects the state of disable_sound. This checkbox could live in Options/Audio. That way, I would not have to try to upgrade versions, verify integrity, check threads on the forum --- since I would almost instantly notice that "Enable sounds" was unticked. This does obviously not fix the real bug, but it helps towards making it harmless.
  4. Kuxe

Need More Info NullReferenceException in Taleworlds.CampaignSystem.IssueBase.CompleteIssueWithAlternativeSolution() when companion is dead - a daily gold crash

I read the patch notes of e1.1.1 and saw
    Fixed the crash that occurred after the player sends the Family Feud Issue Quest's companion to another Issue's alternative solution.

I can't reproduce the crash on my savegame that I uploaded in post above. So you solved it! Thank you.
  5. Kuxe

Need More Info game crashes 100% everytime after daily gold change making the game unplayable

Fix that worked for me: Reverted my save to a point where I had not sent of the culprit in Family Feud to do some questing on my behalf. I no longer crash on daily gold updates. See my post above for more info. This might help to circumvent the daily gold crash for some. My version of the daily gold crash should no longer be able to get into because the core problem being that I sent away the culprit in Family Feud, this is no longer possible
  6. Kuxe

Need More Info NullReferenceException in Taleworlds.CampaignSystem.IssueBase.CompleteIssueWithAlternativeSolution() when companion is dead - a daily gold crash

Summary: Crashes with a NullReferenceException in the scope of Taleworlds.CampaignSystem.IssueBase.CompleteIssueWithAlternativeSolution(); the culprit of Family Feud-quest designated to solve Landlord needs access to the Mijayit commons-quest is dead. How to Reproduce: Load the save file...
  7. Kuxe

Need More Info game crashes 100% everytime after daily gold change making the game unplayable

Yep, so that's another crash then since the callstacks are not equal. So chances are that there is no "Daily gold crash"... its just that at least two different crashes occur when some daily update tick is executed. I'm creating a new thread for my issue.
  8. Kuxe

i dot have any active quests
    That's unfortunate, then chances are that your crash and my crash are not the same crashes but they occur at the same time.

If you are comfortable with installing Visual Studio 2019 you can attach a debugger to the Bannerlord-process and then play as usual until it crashes. At that point Visual Studio 2019 will tell you roughly what went wrong, which at best helps you to circumvent the problem yourself or at worst you lost some time!
  9. Kuxe

Ok so I found this:

I have a quest with -3 days called Landlord needs access to Mijayit commons, which is solved by a companion of mine who happens to be Dhashwal. Now Dhashwal is not my companion but he's a guy that happened to be in my party because of some old Family Feud-quest. Said Family Feud-quest failed seven days ago because Dhashwal died.

Something is obviously amiss here. The issue for me is probably not gold related per se, but some update that happens related to quests whose timing coincide with that of the gold payout.

Image of quest Landlord needs access to Mijayit commons:
    Image of quest Family Feud where Dhashwal died:

I attached a debuger in Visual Studio 2019 to Bannerlord. I took a screencap of the callstack:
    Note that it's a
    C#:
    NullReferenceException
    in the scope of
    C#:
    CompleteWithAlternativeSolution()

All in all, the daily gold crash for me is probably about caused by me doing something like this:

1. Take on Family Feud-quest
    2. Send the culprit (in my case, Dhashwal) to finish some quest (this is no longer possible, see Quests & Issues, but it was possible when I did it...)
    3. Somehow get Dhashwal killed albeit he is no longer with the party (maybe he magically appeared when visiting the village where he were headed?
    4. Wait for quest that Dhashwal ought to solve to expire -> first instance of crash
    5. Save game just before daily update tick and reload game -> update tick is skipped one day (!?, this is probably another bug...)
    6. Repeat step 5 for some times until you have an active quest that expires in -3 days that should be finished by some guy that died 7 days ago :lol:
    7. Daily update tick will now crash because god knows what references are dangling at this stage...

I will now try to abandon the broken quest and see if this fixes the crash for me... Reporting back soon... EDIT: I can't cancel the quest, even with Developer Console since Developer Console does not list is as an Active Quest even though I can see it in the Bannerlord Quest GUI.

tl;dr if you are experiencing the exact same crash as I do, check that you don't have any deceased companions questing on your behalf..

EDIT: I have created a new thread (see https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...-companion-is-dead-a-daily-gold-crash.414639/) that has pinned down more exactly what goes wrong in my case. I believe there are several different crashes, all of which occur during the daily gold payout, so I figured that each of those different crashes that we manage to root out deserves a thread of their own --- a thread per crash instead of a thread per symptom!
  10. Kuxe

BOIS LOOK AT PATCH NOTES 1.0.11

Reporting back in a few minutes

EDIT: Regrettably, this save still exists after updating to 1.0.11. I will save my campaing just after loading it, effectivly bumping savefile version from 1.0.10 to 1.0.11 and then load the save again as 1.0.11 to see if this resolves the issue... Reporting back in few minutes.

EDIT: Unfortunately, bumping save-file version from 1.0.10 to 1.0.11 and then loading the 1.0.11 save-file did not fix the issue.

I still hear the "rumbling" coin sound on 1.0.11 when paying the daily wage to troops, after which Bannerlord freezes followed by crashing.
  11. Kuxe

Yeah its fine that it's listed as "in progress" but why does this issue (which is happening to alot of guys here clearly) is not even listed in the known crashes section? we are already almost 2 weeks after this crash has started to occur (for me at least) and i still did not hear a response from community support, are we doing something wrong? do we not spam this thread enough for them to at least respond and say that the developers know about this issue?
    I think In Progress means that the developers are in progress of fixing the issue.. Which implies they're aware of it!

During the beta the devs maintained a list of known bugs (I believe it's the same list as today). This list was not receiving attention then either. Bugs that are listed as known bugs are only a fraction of the bugs that the devs are working on.

I believe that we should continue to voice that this bug needs to be fixed and provide constructive ways to reproduce it, by uploading save games where this bug happens, and keeping a smile on our faces when we're at it :smile:
  12. Kuxe

Resolved Daily gold change crash

This thread is duplicated by https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...old-change-making-the-game-unplayable.407857/ which also contains some information on the same issue
  13. Kuxe

what mean in progress, cant play since few patches...
    Some bugs are more difficult to get rid of than others :smile:
  14. Kuxe

Some crashes that are (possibly) the same crash as this thread are marked as In Progress, so I have my hopes up. But I agree that this should be listed in the set of known bugs - that would reduce forum duplicate pollution and also make us more happy since we then know for sure that devs are in the very least aware of the issue (which I still believe they are, see my post above where I link to two threads)
  15. Kuxe

Retarded units and lairs

How does you waiting for the game make any difference? Being entitled are we ??
  16. Kuxe

In Progress Daily Gold Change Crashes Me

Can we look at your save file, too?
    Here's my save where daily gold payout causes a crash.

Back
Top Bottom