Search results for query: *

1. 暗暗十分

Some findings of ParticleSystem

I'm not positive on this, but it appears that when the attribute "emit_at_once"
    XML:
        <effect name="psys_game_burning_agent" guid="{42E394C5-21D5-409B-872C-DB082E417FE6}" sound_code="event:/mission/ambient/detail/fire/fire_small">
            <emitters>
                <emitter name="Emitter" _index_="0">
                    <flags>
                        <flag name="emit_while_moving" value="false"/>
                        <flag name="dont_emit_while_moving" value="true"/>
                        <flag name="emit_at_once" value="false"/>
    is set to false, the particle emitter will constantly emit the particles (ie. the particle system exists until the end of the mission). This seems to be the case for all the 'fire' type particle systems in 'particle_systems2.xml' including "psys_game_burning_agent" which you are using. When that attribute is set to true, and you call the system using the Mission method:
    C#:
    public void AddParticleSystemBurstByName(string particleSystem, MatrixFrame frame, bool synchThroughNetwork);
    Then it will only emit once.

So, it seems like two things need to happen:
    1. Create a new fire particle system that has the 'emit_at_once' attribute set to true. (I couldn't seem to make new particle systems or override exiting ones, but I may have been making a mistake.)
    2. Use a mission behavior or some other method to periodically call AddParticleSystemBurstByName on your new fire particle system when your agent's sword is drawn.
    If you already figured this out, sorry for the long comment. Also, please share if you know how to add/alter particle systems.
    I've come up with a workaround and released my mod.
    check this out:

And it's open source so you can check out my solution.
  2. 暗暗十分

TW Probability calculations are incorrect, 0 does not mean 0

The chances of a RNG returning 0 is like 1 in 10^16.
    It might take forever for all of MB2 players together to actually run into the issue one time.
  3. 暗暗十分

If we are not aiming to destroy object physically correct, just for burn effect, replacing model on runtime wouldn't be performance-wise good imo.
    Easiest way would be altering material, making it getting darker and darker over time and perhaps shifting down to make it look like it's burning away.

Have you checked anything about materials or decals? As far as I remember, when you burn someone, they weren't getting any darker or so. Which is a bit buzzkill. With material change, you can achieve scene-based burned objects a bit more realistically and with decals you can create area based burn effect, like burning small patch of grass on battlefields
    I think that might only be possible when the engine tools come out.
    I haven't even found a way to get the material instance of an agent's body not to mention changing it.
    There are not enough APIs, a lot of work are still being done in c++ level. Can't touch any of that part.
    I still can't figure out why they wouldn't return the reference of generated ParticleSystem, and why the API of AgentVisuals works while the other one of ParticleSystem doesn't.

EDIT:
    Wait, I just found a Decal : GameEntityComponent which looks promising.
    I am gonna look into it to see if I can add some burnt visuals.
  4. 暗暗十分

I haven't look at the Particle System or damage/burn decals yet, but is there any chance to slowly burn static objects without changing the effected object such as haystacks etc?
    To achieve that, first we need haystacks models of different phases, little burnt, half burnt, totally burnt etc.
    Without those all we can do is generate some fire particles on them and that doesn't look very convincing.
  5. 暗暗十分

It's uncontrollable, like you can't make the enemy burns, the arrow will disapear when it hits a target due to the burning="true" flag,
    Actually you can achieve that only with XML. Adding this to WeaponFlags does the trick
    AmmoSticksWhenShot="true" Burning="true"
    I know it because I used that in Advanced Custom Battle mod months ago.

But apart from that, you are right. What you are researching is way more valuable than simple XML editing.
    I can already see the Game of Thrones mods that will arise from this :smile:
    I've found a workaround for the particle issue.
    A working fire arrow and fire sword mod is on its way.

Lit target on fire and deliver burning damages.
    Fire arrows sticked to object or ground will gradually burn out instead of disapering or remain burning forever.
    Lit your sword/axe/polearm with hot key and burn your enemies.
    Fires produce orange lights instead of white lights.

All values are customizable by editing .ini file or in-game menu with help of ModLib.

091HiO6.jpg

tvYwgTH.jpg

r3v2uGx.jpg

AqqmY1s.jpg

KAxFqaP.jpg
  6. 暗暗十分

Nice researches, however I do believe this has already been done here: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/472

Like I said, I am aware that fire arrows can be achieved by editing xml.
    This mod only added trail_particle_name to all the arrow items.
    It's uncontrollable, like you can't make the enemy burns, the arrow will disapear when it hits a target due to the burning="true" flag, but without it the arrow stays with the particles on and consumes tons of GPU memory, the behaviours are all designed by native game and you have no controll over the logics.

But by implementing it myself, I can get a lot of things done. Like the point lights on the arrows are white lights if you are using the xml way, but I added the point lights myself so I can make it orange which looks more like lights from a fire.

And by implementing it myself, I can make the arrow stay where it hits instead of disapearing, and only remove the fire particles and point light so that GPU memory usage won't be too high.

The main problem is still the exposed API doesn't return the reference of the ParticleSystem generated on an agent.
    I can make the hit target burns when he gets shot, but I can't make the fire go away after a few seconds, it will always be on the agent.
  7. 暗暗十分

I've succesfully emitted particles on most GameEntities With this line of code I can create ParticleSystem on missiles, and so to make fire arrows. I am aware fire arrows can be achieved by editing xml, but I want control over these particles so that I can make even the enemies who got hit...
  8. 暗暗十分

NEW MOD: Magic World for 1.011 Updated january 23th

...Okay...
    I haven't come here for a  long time....
    I've made a new mod after I made this , but that mod in Chinese only.
    And I am tired of making mod, so I stop update.

If I have time, I  will spend some time in fixing bugs, but not now.

I have to say again, sorry for my poor English.
  9. 暗暗十分

guspav said:
    Very interesting magic system and fun mod... I am guessing it is open source as long as we give credit to the authors, right? I have been thinking of making a fantasy mod myself (being a d&d dungeon master,the idea is especially attractive) and if it's ok with you guys, I'd like to use part of your magic system (if not all).
    OK.
    You can use it...
  10. 暗暗十分

Can you all believe it?
    I'm a fourteen-year-old middle school student.
    I have no time to updata this mod or fix any bug now, I (or you) need to wait until the summer vacation.
  11. 暗暗十分

thionoxial said:
    I like the magic system of this mod and how its implemented, but not the difficulty level.

For one, unless you /start/ with a wand (which ensures a strength of 1 and no starting weapon) - you have to buy one, which for me meant searching through 5 stores or so, until I found one for 16,000 - waaaaaaaaaaay beyond my price range, or even the price range of what I'd spend with my level 0 Native characters.

So, if you start with a wand, your mostly fighting looters. But because 'vanilla fireball' doesn't kill very much or for very long, you'll be captured a few times...and they always, always ALWAYS take the wand.

So for me, as much as I like the idea of magic, the mod isn't really playable.
    You should buy a sword, then chop....
  12. 暗暗十分

CJ1145 said:
    How do you cast spells? Selecting spells and pressing "E" doesn't work, even though the man in Zendar told me that's how to do it.
    Oh, I'm sorry.
    It's the old version's translation, I updated the mod, but I forgot to updated the translation.
  13. 暗暗十分

There is a new bug,that mage in Narra is not the right mage.
    I re-uploaded it to mbrepository, just re-download it.
    https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=1037
  14. 暗暗十分

Fei Dao said:
    Also: Bug - Cat's grace is a permanent agility boost, it's supposed to only be temporary.

Yeah, just a bug, a mistake.

In module_scripts.py, the global variables are $Cats_grace...
    e.g:
                     (assign, "$Cats_grace_time", 200),
                     (assign, "$Cats_grace_Activated", 1),

In module_mission_templates.py, the global variables are $Cat's_grace...
    e.g:
                                  (gt,"$Cat's_grace_time",0),
                                  (val_sub,"$Cat's_grace_time",1),

In module_triggers.py, the global variables are $Cat's_grace...
    e.g:
                     (eq,"$Cat's_grace_Activated",1),
                     (assign,"$Cat's_grace_Activated",0),
                     (assign,"$Cat's_grace_time",0),

So...

In addition, AI mages have mana, too. Just you never know how much are left.
  15. 暗暗十分

Pode said:
    暗暗十分 said:
    Thank you.
    Your quotation, just remove the 'en'  from \Magic World\languages\
    But I re-upload mod and ModuleSystem, just re-download it.

You're most welcome.  It was stopping me from playing your amazing mod, I had to find that glitch.  :cool: Thank you for clearing up the issue with the /en folder.  Deleting that caused all the correct conversation.txt dialog to appear, so it all seems to be working perfectly now.

Shifting over to gameplay advice, in the old thread gamecubetoby has found all(?) five mages:
    Fireball - Wizard in Zendar in tower.
    Cure - Go to the guild master in Praven and theres a wall with a gap. The wizard is in there.
    Wave - At Jelkala as you go throguh the main gate theres some aldders to your right. Go up them and the wizard is near enoguh straight ahead of you. You have to bring him 40 wines though to get the devastating spell.
    Dunno what spell - Sargoth - As you enter town go right, keep looking on your left and theres a guy behind a broken wagon thing. Although he doesn't talk... he says go away...
    Dunno what spell - In Narra when you enter town go right, there will be some stairs. Go up them and turn left. Follow it round and there will be like a clothes line in between two houses, walk over it and the guy is stood on the other side of the building.
    My most valuable lesson has been to not press the tab key to end a battle once I've won it.  As long as you're in a scene, your mana recharges, so celebrating a win puts you in better shape for the next fight.  Finally a reason to linger over my beer in the tavern!  The other tip I've found is that the highest power staff is not a wand like the others but an actual polearm, so keep that in mind as you build your wizard up or you'll be spending a lot of time in arenas later trying to boost your polearm proficiency
    OK, but I hope you re-download this mod, because I also fixed a new BUG about 'Fireball' spell.
  16. 暗暗十分

Pode said:
    I get a crash to desktop during the initial opening before the main menu.  I get past loading textures, then crash while loading data.  Did not have this issue with the non-translated version from http://pickup.mofile.com/1814455738908911 instead of the rayfile link in the first post.  So if you're really itching to play this, you can fall back a version and get a partially translated version working

UnRARing one file at a time, I've discovered that the crash is triggered by the new conversations.txt.  I've been able to take the old file from the mofile download and still get the benefit of the new patches (I can tell because my mana bar is overflowing now, and that's new).  I'll try to go through the conversation file and figure out what's making it flake out.

Edit 2: A problem, maybe not the problem, is in this line:
    dlga_magic_talk7:magic_talk8 69631 54  0 'Fireball'?_Sounds_Good.  55  0
    Apparently starting a line of dialog with a single quote mark confuses the code.  Take Fireball out of quotation marks and it runs fine so far

Edit 3: for clarity's sake, the line that works for me now reads:
    dlga_magic_talk7:magic_talk8 69631 54  0 Fireball?_Sounds_good.  55  0
    Thank you.
    Your quotation, just remove the 'en'  from \Magic World\languages\
    But I re-upload mod and ModuleSystem, just re-download it.
  17. 暗暗十分

The original thread: http://bbs.mountblade.com.cn/viewthread.php?tid=50630 Download link : http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1037 ModuleSystem: http://www.rayfile.com/files/9e216c68-e95f-11dd-85d7-0014221b798a/ search  #new magic begin  in the source code 11.14 fixed bug about undead...
  18. 暗暗十分

Do you like a new magic mod?

I fixed some bug, and I finished 'AI magic system'.
    Max.Pain is helping me to  translate it.
    Just wait.
    wtzttrhzthdvthhywtwwvzstrtvyhrrzvyyzh.gif
  19. 暗暗十分

Do you like a new magic mod?

vadermath said:
    Could you please upload it to the repository, i don't know how to download it :oops:
    And i bet someone on the forum's willing to translate it, or look over at mbx, i recall seeing translation offers there.
    EDIT: I see you put another link, so i'm gonna try that one out, although i found a way with this one too.
    Here's how i downloaded it. Go to the http://pickup.mofile.com/1814455738908911 link, and click 下载文件(非IE浏览器). Not sure if you should wait before that or not, i just clicked on everything until i hit the right one :wink:
    Just clicked
    http://www.rayfile.com/en/files/150445f8-bf73-11dd-8be6-0019d11a795f/
Back
Top Bottom