Search results for query: *

1. Beware WINDOWS 7 users - Fire and Sword doesn't work for me

happy win 7 user here too

You should try updating your graphics drivers, and perhaps change video settings.

Post your system specs
  2. Swingable polearm/two-hander

randraug said:
    *sniffle* That's a bit disappointing. Oh well.
    indeed, you should at least be able to order one from the weapon master
  3. Swingable polearm/two-hander

There are none, either keep missing them, or mod them in  :???:
  4. 2.41 Troop Tree... Which one should I use?

I too feel the troop tree is the weak point of this mod in its current form luckily you have several options linked in the sticky submod post, personally I like the RTT, but at least read through each and see what they are trying to accomplish with that particular tree, then go with whatever one you like.

The troop identifiers help a lot to give a quick overview of enemy force composition, even with the many branches.
  5. F&S Bugs Thus far

Minor bug: Cossack riflemen recruits have 7 in Shooting from horseback, much higher than any of their upgrades
  6. How do Academies Work?

original said:
    When acadamies improve companions, are they giving them a level up? Or do they remain at their level, but their skills increase?
    they do not level up, they get "free" skills, so a very nice bonus, especially for those starting with 0 in all combat related skills
  7. The Big Debate-Crossbows vs Bows

Winterwolf00 said:
    Crossbows FTW. That is all.
    true, if you do not have any skill, stick with those crossbows  :???:
  8. A7 Retinue Longbowmen melee weapon missing

2s1ckk said:
    And your sure this works? I haven't got the patience to try atm, I've been trying to fiddle with the module system tonight and I can't face any more WOT/errors/longness lol

EDIT: And I'm not trying to criticize your skill, btw :grin:
    Sure I am sure, done using Morghs tool, no skill required
  9. A7 Retinue Longbowmen melee weapon missing

2s1ckk said:
    So, does anyone know how difficult it would be to give them a melee weapon? I tried giving them one in the conversation inventory screen, but that obviously doesn't work.
    if you edit your troops.txt file and replace their text with:

trp_swadian_7d A7_Swadian_Retinue_Longbowman A7_Swadian_Retinue_Longbowmen 0 116391936 0 0 16 0 0
      2087 0 173 0 174 0 515 0 262 0 725 0 726 0 154 0 2055 0 371 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0
      7 5 4 4 37
    115 115 100 245 125 125 0
    274 131072 0 561 4192 0
      35433492485 5110363432841245451 1951960 0 67645739008 4921228004830284998 1943712 0

They will get the military hammer just like the yeomen, you can replace the "371" with the number of any weapon you like.
  10. A7 Retinue Longbowmen melee weapon missing

Ogrecorps said:
    Alright, I can't stand it any more, what does "IIRC" mean?
    If I Remember Correctly

AFAIK anyways  :wink:
  11. I have a few questions.

2. Yes, you are either born noble or you are not, you can still earn their respect, and you can get a banner once your renown is above 100.

3.1 Cheating within normal game parameters does not cause crashes or anything like that, but you may screw up you gaming experience. The game can actually still be a challenge even if you max out all stats.

3.2 Not really needed, you can export/import your character (and all companions) and edit stats with any text editor, that takes care of stats and money.

You can enable the cheatmode in the options menu, that more or less takes care of any remainding cheater needs.

4. The Train xxx troops can be completed with any troops of the proper type, it does not specifically have to be the recruits the lord gives you, if you already have some of the proper type in your party, just go ahead and turn in the quest straight away. You only fail the quest if you do not complete it in time, or if you tell the lord you do not want to do it. Unless you can train them up completely with trainer skill, you should go grab some extra recruits at the nearest village, some are bound to die before they reach level 4 if they have to earn their xp themselves.

The easiest way to keep them alive is to have some training skill, it stacks, so the more companions that have it, the merrier, and with trainer on a few guys, your level 1 recruits will be level 2 or 3 in short order, and thus have a much higher survival rate in combat.

Surgery skill is also very important, it can save loads of your troops from death.

For battlefield survival it helps to have the high ground, and if you cannot protect your lvl1 recruits with something tougher, bring lots and lots of them.

free tip: lords of a given faction tends to require the same types of troops trained, so keep a stash of that type on hand, either in your party or at a garrison.

5. For starting position I would suggest Rhodok or Swadia, because the bandit types there are the easiest to handle, if you start in horse country, you will face bandits on horse, that's bad because the may be faster than you on the overland map. Nords lands are home to sea raiders, you really dont want to mess with those unless you have a significant numerical advantage.

If/when you sign up as vassal back whatever faction you like at that time, you can always wimp out, if the faction is taking a beating.

But I would suggest to spend 100 days or more trading your way to riches and becoming deadly on the battlefield, before you go mess about with fighting lord parties.

6. Most of the "manual" for this mod is in the sticky thread (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,148140.0.html) in here, otherwise it is just the usual native manual. there can also be extra instructions in the forums dedicated to the "submods" since this is mostly a compilation mod.

And yeah, many modding communities could use some more people who really shines at writing manuals  :lol:
  12. Foot vs Horse Archer

Blackfish said:
    The clinching advantage of horse archery over foot archery for me is the mobility, because it makes you incredibly versatile. It's also less skill-intensive to become a decent killer than you think since as Filou pointed out you can position yourself somewhere and bombard the enemy until you come under attack, then move on to the next position. I know you said you didn't like this, but I think it's still worth considering, if only as a transitional type. For this approach you need power draw first and a bit of riding skill but you can raise horse archery at your leisure until you transition to a full-on horse archer.
    Indeed and as for skill, I see no real reason to go above 15 agi and what skills that can buy you, at 5 HA, PD one or two above what your bow requires, and 300+ bow skill, you will have tiny crosshairs even at full galop, the only thing you need after that is player skill, so you can actually put those arrows where you want them.

Another really important pro for the horse archer is you do not have to fire at the front of troops, if you face a mass of shielded infantry thats a huge bonus.

13. Diplomacy

Marry - your wife has the option to hire a new Chamberlain  :smile:
  14. Experience

1. Quests, its the only other way, but I would not call it fast.
    2. Why keep a party of 50 then? if its so large others are running from you, its too large, you get less xp and renown for the battles, and you get less battles since most will just outrun you. If you are at peace with the other factions, there is no reason to keep a standing army that large, either disband half or so or go to war :smile:

If you cant take on other lord partys on your own, follow one of your allied lords, and join his battles/sieges. He will also come to your aid, if you get attacked by a common enemy while he is near.
  15. Shield bash

NICK.ALTMAN said:
    What is it and how do you do it? :???:
    you need a mod that supports it first, like the native expansion mod, details are in the mod description
  16. New player questions!

Cleidophoros said:
    Muglebust said:
    Adorno said:
    I think cattle is mainly there for quests - but sometimes you can find really cheap cattle. Then slaughter it and sell the meat (while it's fresh).
    the cattle is there as a source of meat, the quests are there as a source of cattle .....

I am very gratefull each time a guild master asks me to run 20.000 denars worth of meat over to some town for 150 denars. Sure dude, just hand me the cattle please  :lol:
    can you just leave cattle near a city and come back when quest has failed? i remember it gave you like a month for the quest, cant be bothered to take care of cattle for that long.
    You can just go straight to the slaughter/sell part, and when you have not completed the quest in 30 days, it will fail and you take a modest hit to rep in the town where you got the quest.

I would not leave cattle unattended for longer periods, no idea what would happen then, but would guess it is nothing good.
  17. New player questions!

Adorno said:
    I think cattle is mainly there for quests - but sometimes you can find really cheap cattle. Then slaughter it and sell the meat (while it's fresh).
    the cattle is there as a source of meat, the quests are there as a source of cattle .....

I am very gratefull each time a guild master asks me to run 20.000 denars worth of meat over to some town for 150 denars. Sure dude, just hand me the cattle please  :lol:
  18. Some nooby question as im new

greniph said:
    Edit: A few more questions, I wanna siege a castle but i only have 30 - 40 people. How can i siege castles ? I tried asking the lords to follow me but they ask me to follow 'em instead  :shock:
    You need to be enemy to the owner, then the option comes up when you click the castle, if you are vassal or mercenary, you are automatically enemy to your factions enemies.

Lords will only do your bidding if you become marshal for your kingdom.
    greniph said:
    Also, what do you guys do for money? I only do tournaments but they seem to get lesser and lesser cash. Buy/sell resources takes too long.
    hunt sea raiders (selling loot in general)
    sell slaves (equip companions and yourself with a blunt weapon and switch for easy fights)
    "tax" caravans and enemy villages :smile:
    and lose the tournament if your odds are not good enough, next time a tournament is in town you will be back at full pay.
    greniph said:
    Last! I read about some users that don't use mercenaries that they hire in tavern. Where else can they get their army ?
    villages, you get recruits which become usefull after leveling up a bit, a much cheaper option
    greniph said:
    And I always get owned by enemy faction lords. I can only gang enemy lords when i join a winning ally lord.  :sad:
    practise makes perfect, if you are badly outnumbered, you probably need an advantage in troop quality or tactics. The "tactics" skill is usefull too. If you try to tackle a 600 man party with your 30-40 guys, you will probably get owned. Remember allies gang up against enemies, so if you attack a lord and he has nearby allies, you attack them all at once.

The reverse is true too, if you have an ally nearby, he will help you out, provided your target is an enemy to him.
  19. Guys, I've got a question.

Cleidophoros said:
    sometimes caravans, bandit parties and other faction's lords have prisoners you need. search for em. or just fail the quest, not a very big deal.
    that wont help you, others prisoners becomes your recruits, you cant transfer them as prisoners.
  20. Some troop questions.

Xalren said:
    And I know what the rhodoks are supposed to do, but how good are they at it? It doesn't look like they stop that many charges.
    Yeah, they are supposed to provide XP for my nords to level up on, and they are extremely good at it ......

As far as stopping charges, they need some help from terrain or numbers, on a flat ground against even number of - well almost anything -  they tend to die a lot.

They really need a competent human commander to be worth much.
Back
Top Bottom