Search results for query: *

1. 27POP27

In Progress Have companion with >30 Trade skill, but questgiver says I don't..

Summary: Have companion with >30 Trade skill, but questgiver says I don't. How to Reproduce: Have companion with >30 Trade skill. Find quest that requires >30 Trade skill, and find the companion you have with this requirement cannot be used. Have you used cheats and if so which: Mod used: Party...
  2. 27POP27

In Progress In map-view my castle has prisoners, but when inspecting the dungeon there are none.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
    C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
    Just uploaded it. Now with mod disabled, still same issue: Veron Castle shows 47 prisoners, but upon inspecting the dungeon there are none.
  3. 27POP27

SP - UI Implement Party Screen Enhancements as official feature

This mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/492 I've played M&B since 2008, and Bannerlord since pre-release for 239hrs. I like the clean 'real' unmodded way to play the game, but two mods have been a must for me: Settlement Icons (now officially implemented. Thank you)...
  4. 27POP27

Resolved Minor Faction leader refers to find himself if I want to hire them as mercenaries

Summary: Pelicos of the Embers says I must speak to Pelicos of the Embers for hiring them as mercenaries How to Reproduce: Look for Minor Faction leaders and try to hire the faction as mercenaries to your kingdom, while they are inside a castle. (Might happen also outside the castle. Did not...
  5. 27POP27

In Progress In map-view my castle has prisoners, but when inspecting the dungeon there are none.

Summary: In map-view my castle has prisoners, but when inspecting the dungeon there are none. See video. How to Reproduce: Be part of a faction. Have a battle happen with your castle while you are not present (and far away). Return to see prisoners inside the castle in map view, but when...
  6. 27POP27

Resolved Some units in my party is detached from any commander during an army battle and charges alone

Summary: Being a captain of a Battanian army (of which I am a lord in) of archers doesn't include all archers. When I command the archers in battle, many of the archers in my party are not a part of the command group 2 "Archers", and these archery are on a charge command (simply charges head...
  7. 27POP27

Need More Info [Minor detail] Terrain accessibility inconsistency

I've learned that in Bannerlord it's not possible to walk over steep mountains. I found this one area that caught my attention regarding this. I did not expect a bandit party going over this area. See attached video: https://dump.video/i/MTNFz4.mp4 Version 1.0.8. Is this intentional?
  8. 27POP27

Resolved Is there a way to see a log on campaign character/relations/clan/kingdom changes?

For instance: I defender a group of villagers from a bandit group. And I could swear I saw Col of Uthelaim relation increase from 1 to 12. But looking at his page afterwards, it says 1. This could be misreading the name, or it could be a bug. I cannot find a way to know. Is there a log on...
  9. 27POP27

My bug list

Except from the major bugs like frequent crashing and performance drains (from un-deselectable tessalation?), I have a few more minor bugs to bring forth: Cattle transportation quest from the mayor in Eidynburh gave me "[blank]." at destination it was supposed to go, got error 80 something...
  10. 27POP27

Made an un-noble companion vassal, how do I un-vassal him?

Moghul_Emperor_Woden said:
    ^ What he said. You do it by talking too who you replaced the minister with when you first became a monarch. Just say you'd like too exile one for treason.
    Ah, I never replaced the minister xP. Thx!
  11. 27POP27

Made an un-noble companion vassal, how do I un-vassal him?

I did the stupid mistake of making Borcha a vassal, who is not born of nobility, and thus every other lord picks on me for this. How do I remove him as vassal? If this isn't doable in-game, is there a script to use or something like that? This literally ruined my 400 days save.
  12. 27POP27

Mount&Blade Warband version 1.157 patch released!

-All spears can now rear horses.
    ?
    What does this mean?
  13. 27POP27

Need help tweaking Kick [E]

Lumos said:
    27POP27 said:
    Belendor said:
    You can also identify the "kick" animation, and do your stuff about it.
    How can I do this? Sry, I'm useless at modding/tweaking
    With OpenBRF and the proper animation editing software. :smile:
    But will the physical numbers also change or just the animation? I mean like animation time to HIT the kick and the range of the kick
  14. 27POP27

Belendor said:
    You can also identify the "kick" animation, and do your stuff about it.
    How can I do this? Sry, I'm useless at modding/tweaking
  15. 27POP27

How can I modify the in-game Kick (ability)? Thinking about changing the range of the kick and how fast/responsive the kick is. So far I've found something about kick in the actions.txt file: prepare_kick_0 256 2197815329  1   0.050000 kick_rightleg 10 12 4 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 prepare_kick_1...
  16. 27POP27

PLEASE READ. Damage Multiplier Mechanics doesn't affect vertical physics!!

rapier17 said:
    ...jumping and attacking is not rewarding AT ALL. Trust me, I've been there. I've tried it for a giggle with fencing sabre & foil, I've given it a shot with c16 rapier and even had a go at it with an axe against a friends shield at re-enactment. It does not work at all. You waste more energy getting your body weight, your armours weight and your weapons off the ground, you do not maintain contact with the ground and thus have little control over your balance and stability, have one direction of attack, find it damned difficult to block even with a shield and you expose massive amounts of your body to the opponent. They are not going to sit there watching you leap about like a Morris dancer, they will ram their weapon through your guts, hack your ankles/knees/legs or at your waist or - well wherever they pick. Because of their stability and balance they could probably grapple you out of the air, throw you on your back and run you through - by jumping you give the advantage to your opponent, which is foolish.

No sensible fighter takes both feet off the ground at any one time, unless the situation is so desperate that they're willing to jump into an opponent, to initiate a grapple, or backwards to desperately get away and hells to whatever is behind them that they might trip/tumble on.

The power is also terrible as you're not effectively using the pelvis and thus have no stability, on the battlefield you are not on perfectly flat ground so you will most likely land badly and turn/go over your ankle or even stick your foot down a hole! It's amazing how the terrain being just a little uneven can completely disrupt balance and stability and people want to go jumping around on it whilst swinging weapons and wearing maille armour? It really is a counter-productive movement.

Just a last thing on swordwork in general, my rapier maestro, a chap named Andrew Feast, brilliant swordsman, absolutely superb, hammered it into my head that the best way to not get hit is to not be in the swords path. So when you're two foot off the ground and an axe is coming up in an underswing to split your groin in two, how you are going to move out of the way?
    geesus omg, does nobody get that i just want the swings to be more realistic?? And btw if you dont think its rewarding you're doing it wrong
  17. 27POP27

Wraith_Magus said:
    Night Ninja said:
    M&B doesn't lack in 'combat moves'. :roll:

And considering the lack of evidence in the historical record of hitting other people with pointy metal objects while falling from great heights, we can safely dismiss this as stupid bull**** nicked off lawnmower simulators and hack and slash RPGs.

I don't see why we would need to crack out the history books on this one, it's classic Newtonian physics.  Basic Newtonian physics have pretty well stood the test of time, quantum physics notwithstanding.

Speaking in terms of physics, if we are talking about a jump from level ground, you are talking about the force your legs can generate pushing you upwards until an equal amount of force from gravity stops you, and another equal amount has you descending with the same amount of force when you touch the ground - it's basically the same amount of force you'd get if you simply used all that leg power in an uppercut.  The only advantage in the jump attack over an uppercut is that you'd get the ability to swing your weapon in an overhead arc, as well, which, with weapons that use a lot of leverage, means that your weapon is also benefiting from gravity, instead of having to oppose it, the way it would in an underhanded arc. 

Hence, a weapon with a short or no haft, like a knife, would have no noticeable difference between jump attack and uppercut. 

A poleaxe, meanwhile, would probably have a fairly large difference.  If you take a look at the way that people chop wood with a long axe (which is wholly inappropriate for combat unless the enemy is already on the ground, and you are going for an "execution" style of attack)(in fact, the maneuver I am talking about is exactly the same one they historically used in executions by axe) then the motion they use is actually almost jumping, itself.  That said, actual jumping while swinging an axe also completely throws your balance to the wind, and would make your attack wildly inaccurate and make you incapable of handling the recoil when your axe actually hit something, which could easily knock you off your feet. 

Jumping off a 3-story building and landing on someone will do more damage to the person you land on than jumping from right next to them and colliding with them, that's simple fact.  Again, it's suicidal to try, but it will do more damage to whatever you land on.

Also, I rather wonder why something like bows/crossbows/thrown weapons are not brought into this discussion - unlike bullets, slower-moving and heavier arrows/bolts/javelins/axes will lose a considerable amount of force over distance, and can gain a significant amount of force from gravity.  Firing from up on castle walls gives you 30 feet's worth of gravity's assistance in the power of your arrows.  Firing from the ground up to the castle walls means that a portion of your power is spent struggling against 30 feet's worth of gravity.

Unlike modern combat, where having the high ground is generally advantageous just for the fact that it's easier to take cover, high ground with pre-gunpowder ranged weapons should have significant advantages in the force transferred by your weapons.

As Rapier17 says, jumping around is stupid and leaves you vulnerable, but that doesn't mean that the "realistic" thing to do is ignore it entirely.  As I said before, the realistic thing to do is show players why it's so stupid, and let them lose all balance and get knocked to the floor and hurt themselves when they try something stupid.
    This. It's incredibly stupid, but very rewarding and (physically) realistic.
  18. 27POP27

bobthehero said:
    The point is to have a game thats as realistic as possible while still being playable, why do you tink it wasnt there in the first place.
    i dont think they have realized that the physics only works horizontal
  19. 27POP27

Blobmania said:
    It makes you vulnerable. While in the air you're easily knocked off course by anything coming your way, be it a horse, person, or missile. Jump attack = vulnerable = dead very quickly.
    Exactly. There is a great risk at doing this, but if you get it off, it would be very rewarding and fun. No animations needs to get changed, because it's already risky enough, only the rewarding part needs to be changed, which is the point of this whole thread. It also makes the PHYSICS more realistic. I don't ******** care if roman warriors didn't do this, lol, this is a game where the point is to have fun.
  20. 27POP27

waaat i dont get this, you guys really dont wanna jump+charge? just float around hitting stuff?
Back
Top Bottom