Search results for query: *

1. Brainwashing?

Basically, the parents are forced to send their kids to the school and never get to see them again.  Slowly, the connections to family are replaced with connections to their great lord,
    Artur Hawkwing
    , and eventually he is all they have left.  Then he recruits them.  Those that don't get recruited strive to become better so that they will be recruited.
  2. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

ScoobyDooby said:
    hmm.. theres no delay for the victory cheers from troops tho, why would they need it for the win message?
    anyway, not a big deal and thanks for looking in to it :grin:

Actually I think that I've had troops start cheering before the end of a battle, so the extra delay might be an effective precaution.

It does bug me too though.
  3. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Alright, I have another one.

Is there any way to make inventory management a party skill?

These tweaks are awesome, btw.  I don't know how I played M&B without em.  Thanks :smile:
  4. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Okay I have another request, maybe more within the realm of plausibility.

TheMageLord said:
    Mills gives a one time bonus of 5%, which I admit kinda sucks... Changing it to a recurring means you have to add a new trigger (so might not be savegame compatible).

Heres a simple trigger that I made from scratch that you can add that will keep applying the bonus:
    720.000000 3 6 3 1224979098644774912 648518346341351501 648518346341351591 541 3 1224979098644774912 131 1 1 3 936748722493063465 1224979098644774912 5
    What this does is: Every 720 hours (30 days) it runs a check through all the villages. For each village with a mill, it triggers a script that increases prosperity by 5%.

What you do is open up simple_triggers.txt and paste that whole thing in at the very bottom, then go up to the very top and increase the very first number in the file (84, on line 2) by 1 (so 85 unless you've added other triggers). That way it will read the trigger. Again, I don't know if this is savegame compatible - I don't have a save with a mill built to see if it is or not. Also note that while this trigger *should* work, im only human. I'll be using it myself, though - so I do trust it :smile:

This trigger is great but I don't know if I want the prosperity of my village to increase exponentially.  Already I have a village that is creating quite a bit of wealth, almost too much.

So my request is, could you alter this trigger so that it adds wealth instead of multiplying it (ie prosperity increases linearly rather than exponentially)?

EDIT:  Or maybe you can show where the game implements the initial 5% and how to change that to 20%?
  5. Siege defence in 1.003

noosers said:
    As already mentioned above, find a safe spot behind the battlements or the palisade and use a brutal two handed weapon or polearm to kill all intruders on the ladder. A poleaxe overhead smash should be enough to kill most opponents instantaneous, as should a Bardiche or Glaive. All you really need is enough high end infantry to choke the point of intrusion. Picking the easier to defend castles does help too - you can usually judge from their appearance on the overworld map. The wooden ones are the more difficult to defend but the easier ones to besiege.

This tactic has saved my ass so many times, but really the defensiblity of a castle depends on the castle's architecture.  I've found myself in completely undefensible castles.

6. Companions... gone forever?

I believe the time it takes companions to return is based on renown and their morale when they left.  Just talk to a traveler every once and a while and you'll get em back eventually.
  7. One problem I have with fighting on foot.

Do an overhead strike.

Or barrel roll.
  8. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

TML, do you think you could find something that would make horses (or just the player's horse) make a sound (ie a whinny) when they take damage?  It's just always bugged me that they take their blows in silence.

Thanks.
  9. Having wives and children

Well, considering lords can't die I'd imagine overpopulation being a problem.
  10. Couched Lance damage reversed

Just make pikes heavy.  Pike units = slow.
  11. Make town sieges multi-staged

Folthrik said:
    I thought we already had multistage sieges...
    Townwall--->streets--->keep
    castlewall--->keep

I think they were implemented after this topic was started, but imo the idea still needs to be improved.  Lezalit and I taking on 5 archers isn't exactly the street battle I was hoping for.
  12. Friendly AI should move out of your way/yield to your pushing and shoving

I know people have been complaining about the skinny ladders forever (granted, siege towers are a vast improvement), but I think the bigger problem is that the AI seems to have priority over the player when it comes to movement, ie if a player and an AI unit try to move to the same place (and...
  13. turn off battle log

Press esc, then disable all the stuff on the right ie "report casualties" and "report damage".
  14. i want to fight in a siege defence but when i arrive to help the enemies leave

Sicnarf said:
    If the forces you add to the defense are to much for them to take they will run of so don't enter the castle/town straight away.
    Wait far enough from the castle that they do not see you or chase you and just hold the space bar to wait. After a while they will actually start to attack the castle and combat will begin. At that point rush in and join the battle like you would any other in progress battle.

This.  Just wait till they actually "attack" the castle/town.
  15. Wich faction do you destroy first?

Khergits

Although they've managed to kill off my entire army and retake all of the castles I took from them (only mine, not any other Swadian or Vaegir castles at all).

I'm gonna have to start all over.
  16. Taleworlds' Next Project, community ideas

Yeah, I would just vote for a new engine if that was an option, but I voted 2

Also, I don't want more quests per se, just more interesting quests/quest system in general.

But really, as developers, you guys should do what feels best.  M&B has to be one of my all-time favorite games.

17. Yrmira sucks

I'm pretty sure party members slowly trickle back to taverns as you gain renown, and I think the more miserable they were when they left, the more renown it takes to get them to come back.

At least that's what I think it is.
  18. What Heroes do you have in your team?

I have my favorite heroes ranked in my party by how much I like them:

I take care of surgery, training, tactics, and all the leader skills

Lezalit for  additional tactics and training, plus combat awesomeness
    Nizar for tracking/combat awesomeness
    Baheshtur for looting/combat awesomeness
    Matheld for combat awesomeness
    Deshavi for pathfinding and spotting
    Artimenner for engineering and trade
    Jeremus for wound treatment and first aid

and then everyone else in no particular order
Back
Top Bottom