Search results for query: *

• Users: amade
  • Order by date
  1. amade

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Gothic Knight said:
    I also don't seem to get seams. Do you know a good website describing what they actually do?

Imagine a cardboad box, to get them to unfold and lay out flat on a table you cut along its edges. That's what you call seams. Similarly, you can look at how otherwise flat pieces of cloth can join together at seams to make clothing. So in Blender, you put seams onto your mesh so that it can be unfolded (UV unwrapped) and laid out flat as a UVmap. You put seams in places where seams would naturally occur or where it would be hidden from view so that the texture wouldn't look broken if it doesn't match up nicely. Also, you want to put seams in the right places so that the mesh can unfold without having to deform much while at the same time you don't want to put too many seams to maintain texture continuity and generally make it easier for you to texture stuff.

More info:
    http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Textures/UV
    http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Textures/UV/Unwrapping_a_Mesh#Unwrapping_Using_Seams
  2. amade

On the UV editor you can enable "Sync UV and Mesh Selection". However, I rarely have this enabled while UVmapping because I've never felt it to be necessary (I don't see the point of why you need to see the UVmap while selecting faces actually). Even if it's disabled any mapped faces will stay where they were when you previously unwrapped them unless you remapped them. They don't actually disappear. I only have it enabled if I need to see which parts of a mesh in the 3D viewport belong to which part on the UVmap. But for unwrapping purposes I always have them disabled by default.

My usual method while UVmapping is to put all the proper seams on the model and then unwrap all faces at once. Afterwards I just rearrange/rescale/reshape the UV islands accordingly. If I need to remap certain faces again I just pin the faces I don't want to remap first (select the faces on the UVeditor and press P), and then on the 3D viewport I can select all faces and unwrap again, any pinned faces will not be remapped while unpinned faces will be remapped accordingly. An exception is if I want to use Project from View or other UV calculation methods. In those cases I will select only the faces which I want to apply the UV calculation on before applying it, all other mapped faces will not be remapped (if you had them selected, they will be remapped even if you pinned them).
  3. amade

Gothic Knight said:
    Llew2 said:
    Gothic Knight said:
    You will probably have to be in Blender( God I hate UVMapping in Blender) to texture it. As for the model, give me the source of the model.
    Blender rocks yo' socks! UVmapping is quite straightforward, after you learn how to do it.

What's your problem with it, since I assume there is one? If it's anything specific I might be able to help you out.

I don't know how to use seams and the faces that I'am putting on the map have to be selected in order to stay there. Blender is just tedious sometimes.

Hmm? I find Blender's UVmapping to be the easiest so far out of several programs I've tried. Also, I think you're doing something wrong if you can't pin your mapped UV islands without it being recalculated. What exactly were you trying to do that makes it disappear?
  4. amade

Broken Textures (Sallet/Pigface Helmet)?

* Amade casts Necro on thread for 98 internet mana

Just letting you folks know I updated the zip file again. Nothing much was changed so it's probably not worth redownloading although I did add another helm into it if anyone fancies replacing any other NE helmets. I'm just posting here in case the new zip file has any problems since I haven't tested it with NE (haven't played it in a very long time). It should work fine but if there are any problems with it just PM me about it.

Although this ain't my thread I reckon you can lock this now ;')
  5. amade

[Suggestion] Political Favours Quests

Please try to keep suggestions pertain to existing features in Warband e.g. this thread is a suggestion to expand the existing quest system and the new political system in Warband. New features suggestions should go into the Privy Council ;')
  6. amade

Is it possible to get Assassin's creed 3D models ?

I remember someone did export some of the armor and helmet models and "shared" them with the TW community. They're pretty low poly and without the shaders from AC it looked below average in M&B. It probably would've looked slightly better using Warband's shaders and bump map support.

But I'm guessing what you really want is the buildings and props :wink:
  7. amade

[bug]missile cavalry

It's an ENGINE issue, so any fix on it will come with Armagan's changelog instead of Nijis'.
  8. amade

Money bug

Alhanalem said:
    (But make sure to search to see if it hasn't already been reported first)

You should do the same yourself, a few bugs you've recently posted on the tracker were duplicates themselves ;')
  9. amade

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Silver Wolf said:
    Is there a shader which supports normal maps ?

Dot3 series, bump_static in 1.011 (there are no bump shaders in 1.011 that also support speculars, bump shaders also don't work well on non static items e.g. armor, weapons, etc if used in indoor scenes).

There's a hell lot more bump shaders in Warband some of which supports speculars as well.
  10. amade

Feedback for .660

I'm pretty sure Sacrifice had shortcut keys for the middle command cross thing. It's been long I can't quite remember. But Freespace had dozens of commands for commanding your wingmen and the system worked well once you remember them, it becomes second nature. I felt that the old M&B command system was unergonomic.
  11. amade

Updates and hotfixes (last update 11am EST Nov 23)

Armatus said:
    This doesn't really deserve a thread and maybe someone mentioned it already however I felt the need to ask what is with the new character idle stance? It looks like everyone is trying to pinch one off....

The question doesn't really belong here either, since Nijis handles scripting, not the models/animation.
  12. amade

Feedback for .660

I like the new interface, now my fingers don't have to travel far to access some of the less used commands. I'm pretty used to this type of command which is similar to the one used in some games like Freespace and Sacrifice.

I'll probably repost the weird female anim/rigging deform on the tracker.
  13. amade

Waiting for it with bated breath!  :grin:
  14. amade

.660 Question: Movement order - Retreat?

Hmm, the retreat order doesn't seem to work for me. I can tell my troops to do everything else but when I select any group or all of them and press the F1 and then the F5 key the command is not issued (the message log doesn't say "(group) retreat!" or whatever it was supposed to say). I'm...
  15. amade

I took a break from playtesting for the duration of the last two or three versions so I can come back later (which is now) and see things from a fresh point of view. So I had a look at the changelog again and noted this:

nijis said:
    * New, so-far unimplemented script "get_political_quest" to cover mediation in disputes, improving relations with wife's relatives, organizing feasts, etc

And I think to myself, "Cool beans!" as it relates to some of the ideas I've thrown around in this thread. The changelog wasn't for .650 so I assume this is still unimplemented in .660 as well?
  16. amade

Download link and main info! [latest ver 0.0.82e -- 19 Jun 2016]

KaiserSkullz said:
    So far So good, its a great program, I was wondering how to change the module file its looking at to my module file instead of native? otherwise it wont read any of  my texture files. Thanks Much!

Simply open a BRF in your module, it will automatically refer to the module.ini in your module folder.
  17. amade

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Silver Wolf said:
    Is there a shader which supports both transparency (alpha) and specular maps ?

Nope, not in 1.011. Not sure about Warband though.
  18. amade

[suggestion] Banner's

Vertex animation to be exact, and that's been in M&B since before Warband too. And there aren't any vertex animated cloth or cloth physics in scenes specifically as far as I'm aware.
  19. amade

Arranging a feast

Alhanalem said:
    does a game getting a teen vs a mature rating really have any impact on sales?

Yes.

But I had always suspected that they turned it off because of the deliver ale/wine quest. But maybe rating was the likely cause.
  20. amade

[suggestion] Banner's

Still belongs in Privy methinks. Also, what cloth physics? Since when was there cloth physics in Warband?
Back
Top Bottom