Search results for query: *

1. Devs: "Needs Help with Brigands" quest badly needs rework

LOL :grin:

A new "work around" for BL - "Bandit Herding". maybe that's what this quest should be called ?
    Next up: "Make Bandits Follow" mod.
  2. Retreat Broken

Retreat in my game no longer works properly (haven't played for a while but I think it used to). Troops don't leave the map by the shortest route. The same behaviour was in Viking Conquest, the only feature I didn't like about that game. What's the point, why do troops needlessly throw their...
  3. Fog of war is extremely annoying and time consuming.

As it stands, FoW is a box-ticking exercise (met so-and-so? then check them off the list) behind an in-game paywall (hoping to meet so-and-so? pay this keep-entry bribe).
  4. Charge command not working properly

Clearly the previous "charge" behaviour was a bug; the full functionality is "charge batteries", i.e. stop and have a rest :wink:
  5. 1.1.0 I Can't See Already Met Heroes's Infos In The Encyclopedia

So we have to meet everyone before we can view their details now? Oh what joy. Those who like running around meeting people have the campaign to play, now sandbox players are dragged back into the grind can join in the fun as well!
  6. SP - UI Launcher QoL tweaks

Remember the last-used game mode (Single/Multiplayer) and default to that the next time. Don't ask for mod version confirmation on "Continue" if the most recent session exited normally and no version has changed in the meantime.
  7. Are there any plans to improve fief management, or will it always suck?

You know, I don't even really mind that castles are money-sinks and are difficult to manage. What kills me is that there's nothing you can do about it. Everything about managing them is passive and indirect. All the possible interactions are completely missing.
    Yes.

My next game will be as an Imperial character to maximise the number of fiefs that don't come with a crippling -3 loyalty penalty (and if you manage to limp along with that, the game throws in a loyalty-reducing policy for no particular reason and with no way to stop it). I like the idea of culture penalties, but there should be more player agency.

Feeling pushed toward a starting faction for this reason, as opposed to the perks and drawbacks listed when you create the character, suggests a balance problem to me.
  8. Voiced greetings have to go. Give us an option to disable them

The female Mockney voice is by far the worst, so .......... dislocating.
    With my Ladogual, I feel like Rex Harrison.
    Horrendous isn't it? Given the choice I'd disable VA entirely, just to get rid of that one inappropriate and irritating voice. Worst of all -- I married her! 😧
  9. SP - General Board game pacing at end (add click to continue?)

When I've just lost a game, I'd like time to appreciate the opponent's winning move and to study the final position. At the moment it takes several clicks to reveal the board "in world" -- by which time I don't necessarily recall the final move, even if I caught it. A related improvement would...
  10. New Order of Battle system is immersion breaking for me

I agree that this is an extremely annoying change, the one major disappointment in the game for me.

I've returned to the full release after a long break and find the group assignment system over-complex and under-featured (and frankly broken, unless the features I want are hidden under the complexity). I'm doing a "train the village recruits" mission; previously I'd have made a group called Recruits that could be handled appropriately to the mission goal, now they're mixed among the rest of the low-tier infantry with no obvious way to keep them safe.

I suppose all we can hope for is a mod to fix this, but then from what Agroplode wrote above, if the AI relies on the implemented system (i.e. can't cope with player-assigned formations) then a mod might make things worse.
  11. Viking Conquest 2.060

Is the auto-update going to be rolled out to GoG? I hope so because the manual installer does not find my GoG M&B WB installation.
  12. What hardware makes a performance difference?

From what I recall of the Bannerlord engine dev blog, for M&B you should prioritise single core performance (it doesn't take much if any advantage of extra cores) and TBH there may not be much to be gained (depending on where you are now, of course).
  13. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Now Available on GOG!

I hope Bannerlord will one day be on "GOG Connect" (program that adds Steam licenses onto GOG). I've transferred a few licenses over the years, much prefer to have games on GOG.
  14. upgrading CPU, i3 vs 15 difference?

The number of cores is particularly important for this game because during battles, units are split between cores to spread out the workload. More cores means (up to a point) being able to handle more soldiers. I don't think you should "upgrade" to a CPU with fewer cores even if they are a few 100MHz faster. Instead I think you should be looking at increasing your core count. I'm not sure how affordable that is with Intel though.

Ryzen seems to offer the best bang-for-buck for multiple cores, but then you'd have to upgrade more than just your CPU.

You might want to check out https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?groups/pc-workshop.82/
  15. Why is it so lagged?

How can a technical noob know when it's the RAM and when it's the processor? I can't alt-tab and check the task manager, right?
    I use Open Hardware Monitor, it shows you the current and maximum usage for various parts of your system including GPU, CPU and RAM.

Reset the values before playing, then after you quit you'll be able to see what parts of the system were most stressed during the session.
  16. In Progress My power supply blew out when playing bannerlord, after fixing my computer, I can't run bannerlord.

the update wouldn't go through because of "corrupted disk".
    I wonder if the disk suffered when the PSU failed. Right-click drive, then select Properties, Tools, Check. Hopefully any corruption will be repairable and you'll be able to reinstall a clean copy.
  17. PC WORKSHOP

AIUI there's a thread bottleneck in CPU-GPU communication in DX11, this might be the limit that's stopping 8-core parts really shining. It's also interesting to see how the Ryzen 3xxx crushes the 2xxx, looks like a bigger advantage than the 15% that I recall being originally claimed.
  18. is the reinforcement idea still in the game ?

And if someone is finding the necessity to play consecutive battles to resolve the huge scale battle tiresome...well, maybe it's time to give BL a rest for a while :smile:?

The issue I had with the multi-stage battles in Warband, was the lack of intermediate saving. From a "stop playing now and get some sleep" pov it wasn't ideal.
  19. I need help

I did, something strange happened. Before this nvidia geforce experience couldn't change the settings of the game, now it can. But it didn't help in any way

Well it was a long shot and at least it shows you have permission to write in that folder.

The previous suggestion on this thread is also a long shot, which was to delete the entire "Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder from your Documents folder (first backing up the "Game Saves" folder if necessary) and then reinstalling the game in the hope it will create everything properly this time. But if there's some deeper problem with your system then tinkering with the game is not going to help.

The nuclear option would be to reinstall Windows, if you go for that then be sure to back up first!
  20. I need help

Saving in the "configs" folder, right?

Right. You should have four in that folder when you're done, the three I listed and LauncherData.xml which I think you already had.
Back
Top Bottom