Search results for query: *

• Users: Wheem
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Nobles being "freed because of a peace declaration" while still at war.

There have been a few cases across several different 1.8 campaigns where I've seen a number of lords being "freed because of a peace declaration" when their kingdom doesn't actually make peace with anyone. I know that this can happen when minor clans change allegiances due to mercenary...
  2. I would love the ability to change family members' appearance.

Ideally, we'd be able to manually change the looks of our parents and siblings before launching into the game world, but even randomize buttons and the ability to see their height would work. Currently, the only way to alter their looks is to keep backing out and tweaking your own sliders...
  3. Units frequently ignoring "hold position" orders after being told to follow me.

I posted about this bug a long time ago, but can't seem to find the post to bump it. Anyway, if I ever tell my army to follow me at the start of a battle (which I virtually always do), individual divisions will begin ignoring orders to hold position (when ordered to do so via holding down F1 for...
  4. Troop balance.

I've been doing a lot of testing of various faction troops lately, and figured I'd post my thoughts. Let me start off by saying that it's not realistically possible to be perfectly scientific with the testing of units in Warband/VC, so I don't claim that my results are completely indisputable...
  5. (Spoiler) The Cathach of Colum Cille.

I haven't played all the way through the story yet, but is there a way to get this book a second time - after turning it over to the man in Ribe? Since retrieving the book (peacefully) from the monastery, I see that I have the option of paying the Port Master 10k pennings instead (along with a...
  6. Not possible to capture enemy ships?

I've played a little ways into the single player story mode, and haven't seen any way to capture enemy ships thus far. I thought at first that maybe it's because my "Sea King" skill was too low, only allowing me to have a single ship, but increasing it doesn't seem to help. Is there a % chance...
  7. Overhead spear thrusts seems glitchy.

I've been playing single player a bit, and any weapon which does an overhead thrust attack seems to often times not actually do anything (and when it does, it usually seems very slow/delayed). After switching to third person and attacking the air with overhead thrusts, it appears as though most...
  8. I have a few questions.

1) Is the AI limited in the number of available peasants/veterans/mercenaries, similar to the recruitment system used by the player? I ask because I just spotted Boyar Crahask in Khergit territory, and the poor guy's army consisted of 12 Caravan Guards (2 of whom were unconscious) and 2...
  9. A few newbie (to the mod, not M&B/Warband) questions

1) Is there any way to re-bind the "cheering" hotkey? I haven't seen an option for it in the standard menu, and since I always use "T" for my action key it can be problematic when I and my soldiers start celebrating every time I mount, dismount, or pick up an item from the battlefield. 2) How...
  10. Contagion

I searched the forum but didn't find an existing thread for this game - has anyone tried it? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on the interwebz just yet, though the trailer makes it look kind of like DayZ-meets-L4D (in that it's not very "arcadey," but is mission-oriented rather...
  11. What's the toughest AI party you've seen?

I've played since shortly before the official retail release of the original Mount and Blade, so I can't say for certain that this is THE toughest army that I've ever seen, but I'll be darned if it doesn't at least rank near the top... With that many Knights arrayed against us, my army of...
  12. Are there supposed to be a maximum of 5 horses for sale in each town?

As the title suggests, it seems that every single town in my game tops out at 5 horses for sale at any given time, which tends to limit the selection quite a bit - is this intentional? I seem to remember having a much larger number available in the past (version 1.143'ish and earlier? can't...
  13. So apparently there really is a such thing as a turd sandwich...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1N6QfuIh0g If he's right about the future market pricing, he's wasting his time. Who would eat that stuff if it costs anywhere near the same as beef, chicken, etc...? If they can make it super cheap, maybe it could be used to feed the third world...I suppose it's...
  14. Why do enemy generals keep saying that there are rumors I abandoned my men?

I'm currently working as a mercenary for the Polish Republic, and the last several Swedish generals/nobles that I've fought say something like, "There's a rumor going around that you abandoned your men on the field of battle..." However, I've not been defeated, never surrendered, never left...
  15. Ymira still hasn't shown up in the game by day 19?

I started a new game recently, and have spent the first 19 days gathering up companions, killing small bandit parties, and trading. After traveling all over Calradia several times and still not finding Ymira, I decided to turn on cheats and teleport around the map just to check every city in the...
  16. I think we need to widen the entrance point for Rivacheg's siege.

I'm currently playing as a vassal of the Nords, and we're besieging Rivacheg with a large army. They city only has ~215 defenders, so I think it might have been hit by the Khergits previously. Still, we're getting destroyed by their archers and marksmen, largely because our infantry can never...
  17. Alternative to VLC media player?

I frequently get issues when trying to use VLC to watch DVDs (totally legal and legit ones) on my machine. While it could possibly be a problem with my DVD drive itself, I don't really think that's the case since I haven't had any issues with games on disc. Is there some player out there that's...
  18. Rename the Arena Armor.

If various soldiers are going to be using the arena armors in battle, I think those armors should probably be renamed. It's a little strange to win a battle and see "Arena Armor Red (or Green)" in the loot list. Since the armor rating is a bit lower than the other types of mail (sidenote: sort...
  19. Swadian troops sure feel weak in sieges...

I'm currently playing as a vassal of Swadia, which I've not done since the original M&B, and am finding (successful) siege warfare to be nigh impossible. I've always felt that Swadia was the easiest faction to defeat in sieges - whether on attack or defense - and this was a big part of the...
  20. Questions about the historical basis/inspiration for some armors.

I'm curious if some armors in the game are based on specific historical examples, are "inspired" by them, or are just "fantasy" types that are based on simple plausibility. To be a little more specific... Vaegir Elite Armor: Looking at this armor, it appears to be a form of lamellar, worn over...
Back
Top Bottom