Search results for query: *

1. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

POP 3 Cheats - Warning: May spoil or crash your game!

I am afraid that there is no way Saxondragon will permit you use of his source codes or release them under any circumstances, so a "Tweak" version for PoP will not be possible.  He guards the source codes VERY carefully.
  2. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Some questions about knighthood orders

This information is well-covered in the stickied FAQ and has no need to be put into a new topic.  Please read the FAQ about Knights and Orders.  Be sure you also talk to knights in taverns.
  3. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

orderorder said:
    ok i did some things of that list and its better now, but the game crashd again.: Unable to open Texture file  Modules/Pop 3.204\\Textures\spangen_helmer.dds

and sometimes the game just freeze and my 5-10 min. later it crashd and need to restart the game...

So you did "some" of the things on the list - very informative.  Would you care to share some details?  Like, perhaps what you tried and the specs of your machine?  I cannot understand how you expect us to be mind-readers as to what your problem is.
    If you don't ask a question intelligently, you won't get any answers.

Use the English version is already included on my list - that is what causes you to get the Calradian names rather than PoP names.
  4. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Jagenfox said:
    akak95 said:
    Dont get it i download it then the pacht but it crash just randomly:/
    ... and at what point do you think we can read your mind? and this is the right place for your post?

Please post your question in the "Support" thread where it belongs and will receive attention from the techies who monitor that particular thread.  Before posting please read the first post in the "Support" thread - mine - and then try the long list of suggestions.  If something on the list does not help you, then re-post with the specs of your machine and a list of which fixes you tried.
  5. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

WARBAND - Questions About Tactics, Strategy and Overall Gameplay

HunterAlpha1 said:
    how do you find the Noldor castle?  anything else we should know about the Noldor?

@HunterAlpha1: Read the FAQ parts about the Noldor, their castle, etc.  You can only raise relations with the Noldor by helping them in battle and by doing the quest concerning the Noldor, but you have to have good + relations with them to even get the quest.  You also gain +relations from catch and release when you fight Noldor.

@Malanthor:  What files have you fooled about with?  Did you change any coding or add something like Panoramic mod?  The mines don't vanish if you have purchased the map for them.  The map itself does not appear in inventory, although the mines themselves stay put, but where they first turn up can vary.  What you might try is this: Turn on true sight (ctrl+t - won't activate cheater's screens) and see if the mine has moved to another area.  You might find it over in Jatu territory or across the river by Torbah in the deep desert.

@raider969:  Noldor archers are absolutely terrific and well worth the cost.

The Noldor King is the one who gives Noldor information to Player.  When you have reached the end of the Noldor conversation options, that's it - he tells you he's said all he intends to say.  The conversation does not progress further.  This is in preparation for the next phase and is not a bug or oversight.
  6. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

orderorder, Saunai, Both of you, please read the first post in the "Support" thread - mine - for a lengthy list of possible fixes, try some of them and then repost your machine specs and what you tried in the "Support" thread where problem reports belong.  You will get faster attention there and will probably find a fix in the first post.  This thread is not for bug or problem reports.
  7. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0

Do please make a pretty sig if you can - we'd like that!
  8. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

A couple of observations after playing POP for Warband for awhile

This topic locked due to bad behavior and great discourtesy on the part of Zemious and because the tone of the topic is not what we need on the PoP forum.
  9. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

I love you all for answering my question, here is my thanks:

This thread is disgraceful and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for even answering the insults, obscenities and just plain stupidity Zemious is exhibiting.  I have no idea what caused the argument to be started, but it ends here, right now. In future, please ignore trolls - they generally go away on their own - answering them just encourages them.

Zemious - If you cannot do better than this, please refrain from posting and starting any new topics in this forum - SD does not want trolling in the PoP forum.  If you want to troll, please do so in TW's Off-Topic threads, where it is tolerated.  We do not tolerate posts of this type here.  This is the PoP Forum, not a playpen for trollish morons, which this topic makes it out to be.

I am indeed locking this thread.  Any further topics or posts on this subject or with similar intent, moronity or obscenities will be reported to the TW forum moderators with a request that the poster be banned.
  10. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0

Many thanks for your offer of help, Belendor, but this being SD's class project, his students - and of course us - have to do it rather than getting outside help.
  11. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

I never go as a vassal either - it never seems as satisfactory as forging the way as a loner.  It is easy enough to get a castle and even if you lose one, so what?  Beef the troops and go siege another or the same one, pack it with a heavy duty garrison and you are on your way.  The kings are all such dorks anyhow, I hate to pledge to them.
  12. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0

We don't "feel bad" at all, I assure you because we know our own worth, and all of us know our manifold contributions to PoP 2.5 and PoP 3 for M&B 1.011 and PoP 3, Warband.  It was very much a team effort, with SD leading, though some of the team members came and went so the team changed with each new version.  Without MadVader's and Treebeard's coding there would have been no PoP 3, Warband and no Vicky, because SD had to drop coding to concentrate on his job.  The team basically pulled off the Warband PoP 3 on our own.

We are helping out SD by giving his class the experience of actually working on a real game to see what the development process is like.  SD wants them to have the experience of working with real modders on a real mod, rather than just studying how-to-make-a- game books and class theory. Theory is all well and good but there is nothing as good as hands-on experience and his class is already commenting on what they've learned about the process and how much more work it is than they had imagined it would be.

I hope I am misinterpreting the tone of your post as being a trifle condescending about the work and achievements of the Dev Team?
  13. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Overwhelming Fierdsvain

The Fierdsvain are good lords in terms of what their troops can do, but have no more strategy or tactics than any of the other AI lords in the game, until you use Formations and Vicky kicks in and they acquire some tactics.  Once they get busy fighting a faction or two or three, they can be rolled over fairly easily - the trick is to wait until they are very involved elsewhere - first choice over at Poinstbruk! -  and sneak up on them.
  14. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Whenever you want to change from mercenary to vassal or not at all if you don't want to be a vassal.  You can play as just a merc for quite awhile, too, and build up a nice little army while you are at it and get lots of loot, money and do some trading while you level yourself and your troop.  There is no set timetable you need follow.
  15. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

If I had my way, it would not dominate the forum, but I've been overruled by SD, who thinks everybody should be able to play any way they want.  Personally, I'd like to see a horrible penalty for every cheat - we did do the cheater achievement awards and the whines about that in PoP 3 for M&B V 1.011 were epic.  We modifed the cheater's awards for PoP 3, Warband a bit and they are still complaining.  We designed the mod for experienced players who wanted a challenge, not for n00bs who cannot play it without cheating.

Some people are just not happy if they cannot cheat, probably because they just don't have the skill, strategy and technique to win.  We did our best to eliminate a lot of the exploitable things and block other cheats in the game, but we'd barely done that when the little dears started posting new ways to cheat.  It is a lose-lose situation.

If they want to cheat, let them do it and post their cheats.  Those of us who play the game honestly can take pride in our skills which have enabled us to beat the game.  All the cheaters get is a win they did not win because they cheated.  They get what they deserve.
  16. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

The Wedding Dance (Beta Download v.92)

Rosha did masses of re-coding and also re-made much of the armor and clothing in the mod.  It is quite possible that your fooling around with files has messed up the quests.  Also, if you imported a character, since the quests are keyed to both the Player level and the completion of early quests, importing can cause you to miss quests.  Sir John will propose to Steise a lot quicker if he is in your party than if he is not.  One of the players reported that Sir John in mid-game travelled all the way across the map to ask to marry Steise, so sometimes it takes awhile.  My guess is that any messing about with Rosha's codes and files will screw up the game, though.
  17. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Overwhelming Fierdsvain

After all this time, you'd think people could remember they are in Pendor not Calradia!  It is not like we did not provide masses of lore, too!
  18. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

And we want suggestions that we use other mods rather than our own ideas in PoP because . . . ?
  19. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

What Was Your Personal Favorite "Wtf?" Moment?

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've been headshot by one of my own Adventurers or Hero Adventurers.  Or, fallen down unconscious face down in a river or creek - should have drowned.
  20. Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar

Overwhelming Fierdsvain

Who the strongest and most aggressive faction will be is different in every game - it is random.  The Fierdsvain can be very
    strong and aggressive in one game and wimps in another.  In one of my games they owned half of Ravenstern in the early game but in another, they were badly beaten by the D'Shar.
Back
Top Bottom